homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » - ing Films and Books (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: - ing Films and Books
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Incrediblings. A horror movie, in which Stephen King tries to top himself.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Citizen Kaneing -- Corporal punishment is decreed for those who can't master the rules of spelling.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Staring Wars Last one to blink wins.

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Woman In Whiting - disturbing memoirs of a female fishmonger.

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gone with the Winding. Fantasy story whereby an old, old man's extraordinary length of life depends on not having a particular clock in his house wound up. If it's ever set to going, his lifespan will run out. On a visit, his ggggggggggggggggchildren innocently start it up, and he has just 24 hours of life left...
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ducking Soup The Marx Brothers run a restaurant and a food fight starts.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Backing.

Producers make a sci fi movie despite refusing investment.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Free Willying

A documentary on the growing trend of men-only naturist beaches.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
The Incrediblings. A horror movie, in which Stephen King tries to top himself.

That's the very opposite of a horror movie.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Brokeback Mountaining

Near death experiences in the Himalayas.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Avengers: Ageing of Ultron

World domination by Artificial Intelligence foiled by the appearance of wrinkles.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Inning or Out - a movie with Kevin Kline as a gay (or not) baseball player.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Shadowing of the Thin Man: Nick & Nora have somebody tailing them!

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Lord of the Ringings - exciting tale about an ambitious campanologist who wants to be the greatest Tower Captain in the universe, and will stop at nothing to achieve his aim.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Howard's Ending An in-depth look at the apostrophe.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Milking - An heroic tale of a dairy cow who is elected to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors from the Castro district.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our Mutual Friending. A gentle story of a romance that blossomed via FaceBook.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Baptist Trainfan:
The Lord of the Ringings - exciting tale about an ambitious campanologist who wants to be the greatest Tower Captain in the universe, and will stop at nothing to achieve his aim.

[Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me]
(if you want a more appropriate analysis, please wait until I sober up!)

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Teahouse of the August Mooning -- Residents of Okinawa let their Allied victors know exactly what they think about their plans to Westernize the place.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Meike
Shipmate
# 3006

- Posted      Profile for Meike   Email Meike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Effing Briest – The young female protagonist uses socially unacceptable swear words and tragedy runs its course.

--------------------
“A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Posts: 250 | From: I like this place | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A Song of Ice and Firing - the tale of power struggles and murder in a pottery factory in northern of Norway.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobing - a motley crew of characters undergoes a style makeover.

--------------------

Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Mooning is Downing : the authorities at Cambridge identify the college boat club whose members dropped their trousers at the Vice-Chancellor.

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Casa Blanca-ing

The art and science of whitewashing through the ages.

--------------------

Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

Beauty and the Beasting - former Miss Universe contestant joins the armed forces.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Arms and the Manning

Bernard
gets close to as many TV lovelies as he possibly can

--------------------

Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

Who Framed Roger Rabbitting - convicted poacher Roger sets out to discover who dobbed him in.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

The Breakfast Clubbing -- a group of early morning diners are viciously attacked.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Goldilocks and the three bearings

A post feminist tale of the first female engineer to qualify in the land behind the seven hills.

--------------------

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Horse and His Boing - how Narnia took up trampolines.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pia
Shipmate
# 17277

- Posted      Profile for Pia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dante's Divining Comedy : The hilarious tale of one man's search for underground water, aided and abetted by straight-man, Virgil.
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

The adventures of Huckleberry Finning

Huck gets into heavy locomotion

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Sounding and the Fury

Quentin just cannot stand it when Benjy bounces ideas off him.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Jerking - Steve Martin goes to Jamaica to learn how to marinate chicken.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dafyd:
The Horse and His Boing - how Narnia took up trampolines.

Not to be confused with The Horse and His Bong, in which Bree decides it's just too much bother to leave Calormen, and besides, this is some good alfalfa, dude.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

The Rocky Horror Picture Showing -- a costume party (fancy dress ball) held every Saturday at midnight.

[ 06. June 2015, 21:22: Message edited by: Amanda B. Reckondwythe ]

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Blacking Beauty

The Horsegate revelations - he was actually a Palomino.

--------------------

MSHB
Shipmate
# 9228

- Posted      Profile for MSHB   Email MSHB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Witnessing

A group of Amish decide to convert the "English".

--------------------
MSHB: Member of the Shire Hobbit Brigade

Posts: 1522 | From: Dharawal Country | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pia
Shipmate
# 17277

- Posted      Profile for Pia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ironing Man : Instructional video on how to keep metal outer-wear looking neat.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Secret Gardening

What m'lord gets up to when the staff have all gone to bed! Is he burying bodies out there?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

Adam Beding - on how men who are poor spellers are often gifted at making jewellery.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Middle Marching

The rookies' guide to level two military twostep. Look out for Volume 2, Power Marching due out in November 2015

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Driving Missing Daisy

The prize-winning horticulturalist traverses the town looking for her stolen potted plant, only to find it was in the trunk (boot) all along.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Fathering of the Bride

XXX-rated! Not suitable for younger viewers.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Harrying Potter and the Ordering of the Phoenix - a film about a young magician still waiting for his exotic luncheon.

Harry Pottering and The Philosopher's Stoning - a young magician is sauntering around minding his own business when he unwittingly discover's his new Lecturer in Reason smoking cannabis.
(Apologies, I didn't notice the 2 previous potters, though mine are slightly different)

[ 07. June 2015, 14:52: Message edited by: Heavenly Anarchist ]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pulping fiction a surreal remake of Fahrenheit 451.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Damn, I meant Harrying Potter to be an impatient clay artist! [Roll Eyes]

My 10 year old has suggested Flashing Gordon - presumably that would be Panorama exclusive about a former prime minister getting arrested for indecent exposure.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Fasting and Furious - an investigatory documentary about how the 5:2 diet causes road rage.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

The Lion Kinging

Draughts tournaments of the African savannah.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Outing of Africa

We knew all that religious homophobia was crap.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016