homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » (Not Exactly) Vegetary Dictionary (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: (Not Exactly) Vegetary Dictionary
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Y is for yellow squash
A little bland and not very posh.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Z is for Ziziphus (seems edible)

Shall we switch to a different alphabetical puzzle?

[ 25. August 2016, 13:30: Message edited by: Pearl B4 Swine ]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have to change thread name but how about this:
__(name)__was traveling to __(place)__, wearing a _(color)_ ___(item of clothing)__, wanting to buy __(adjective)__ (something buy-able)___.

Like this: Anita/Austria/aqua/apron/antique/armchair.

How say you?

Stella's Shortest Story

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bob was travelling to Bologna, wearing a blue* baseball cap and wanting to buy* a blue bed.

*I suggest another adjective instead of just colour here and a choice of any verb.

e.g.

Quentin was travelling to Quebec, wearing quick-wash quilting and wanting to quit querulous quipping.

[ 25. August 2016, 15:34: Message edited by: jacobsen ]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
Bob was travelling to Bologna, wearing a blue* baseball cap and wanting to buy* a blue bed.

*I suggest another adjective instead of just colour here and a choice of any verb.

e.g.

Quentin was travelling to Quebec, wearing quick-wash quilting and wanting to quit querulous quipping.

Excellent improvements, jacobsen. Thanks! This one would stand quite a few rounds of the alphabet, I think.

--------------------
Oinkster

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So:

Allen was travelling to Albuquerque, wearing all-weather galoshes and wanting to allocate some excess funds.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
So:

Allen was travelling to Albuquerque, wearing all-weather galoshes and wanting to allocate some excess funds.

Very nice, dearie, but you fell down at the end. You need some more a's -perhaps like this:
some aged aliens.
Have I made the thing too complicated? Come on, tell the truth.

--------------------
Oinkster

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Barbara was travelling to Berlin wearing brown boots and wanting to buy some burnished brass bongos.
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, let's see if I can get it right:

Carl was travelling to Cardiff wearing cute cutoffs and wanting to corner some corrugated copper chandeliers.

[ 26. August 2016, 21:42: Message edited by: Amanda B. Reckondwythe ]

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

A+ Mz Amanda [Smile]

Donald Duck was waddling Downtown in dingy dungarees in order to buy a dozen day-old donuts.

--------------------
Oinkster

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Debbie was driving to Detroit wearing distressed denim and hoping to divert a dirty dirigible.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

x-post with Pearlie!

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

So...

Ethel was roaming Everywhere sporting edgy earflaps in hopes of eating an eggplant enchilada,

--------------------

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fred found his way to Farnborough in order to fob-off fanatics with false Fokkers.

--------------------
plug plug

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gertie glided her way to Glastonbury in order to gather some gorgeous gigantic gladioli.
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Helen hopped up the highway to Hartford in hopes of harvesting some huge hibiscus.

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

Ivan inched his way towards Iceland, wearing itchy wool underwear, intending to discover hardy Iris .

--------------------
Oinkster

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Jane was jetting off to Jerusalem wearing a jumper in order to buy a jaunty Jewish jersey.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Karl kissed off to Kilmarnock to kick up his heels in a kilt.

--------------------

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lucy left for Lewisham to lift a lettuce from the leftovers in the the late night shopping.

--------------------
plug plug

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Millie meandered down to the meadow in order to make maximum use of the mowing machine.
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

Norman Nothington navigated to Naxos in the nude, needing to buy a new nightgown.

--------------------
Oinkster

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Oliver outpaced us down to Orlando so he could order some oysters.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Prudence pitty-patted to Penzance to partake of some properly pulverized parsnips.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Quinton quickly traveled to Quincy (IL) on a quest for quinoa.

--------------------

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

Raymond raced to Rochester to reap raspberries whilst ranting about the railways.

--------------------
plug plug

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Sally sauntered over to Swindon to shop for some saucy, sparkly silk stockings.
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Terrence traveled to Trenton to tuck into a tray of tea and toast.

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

Umberto, usher in a Unitarian church, uttered a 'umble confession for his ugly underware.

--------------------
Oinkster

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Vincent vacationed in Versailles, where he vaporized some Vaseline while vocalizing Vivaldi.

--------------------

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

Will went to Warrington to waste a week watching weightlifting whilst waiting for his wife to get weary of the wildlife website.

--------------------
plug plug

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Xavier went to Xalapa expecting to eat some
xacuti.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Yvonne sailed her yacht to Yarmouth, yelling at the young'uns yackety-yacking yobbishly whilst doing yoga.
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

Zelda in her zebra print zoot suit zipped along on her zimmer, on the way to her zither lesson.

I think we can do it again. Someone start us off with A .

--------------------
Oinkster

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Amy was airborne on her way to Argentina, wearing an alpaca sweater and hoping to visit the Andes.

--------------------

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

Beth was banned from Birmingham after her bull went beserk in the Bullring.

--------------------
plug plug

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Carl careened carelessly all the way to California, where he cooked up some crab, clam chowder, and a Cobb salad, and then chased condors along the coast.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Daisy dived out of the disco delivering her distressed dayglo dancing shoes to the doorman as she departed.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Elaine took the early evening elevator to ease her exercised legs and was expecting to eat some eggs in the eatery.
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

Frances frantically flew up the stairs to her fourth-floor flat, only to find that her former friend Frieda had filched all the furniture, the food, and her new frilly flowered frock, causing her to say "F**K".

--------------------
Oinkster

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

[Overused]

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

George gorged gastronomically on garlic bread, gingernuts and giant gorgonzolas till his gay green goatskin garment gave up the ghost.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Harriet habitually hiked up the hill to Harrowgate in order to hire a hammer and a hacksaw.
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Isobel individually interfered in Ichabod's idiosyncratic, informational inventory, intentionally inserting intermittent innuendos into inflammatory internet instagrams.

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

Jerome journeyed in a jet to Jamaica, in his new jaunty jade-color jacket, just to enjoy some jerk Javelina.

--------------------
Oinkster

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Kieran kayaked to Korea in his kaftan singing Kum-by-Yah, keen to kiss a Korean and eat some kosher kedgeree.
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Larry languished in La-La-Land in his lounging pajamas longing for a luscious layer of loganberries on his lettuce.

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

Mother marched from Montana to Maryland in a mink coat to marry a marvelous millionaire she met at a mushroom market.

--------------------
Oinkster

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Nathan nipped nimbly up to Nantucket to nab a natty necklace for his naughty, but nice, niece.
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Oliver overdrove to Oshkosh to open officially an objectionably overripe olive outside the oratory.

[ 05. September 2016, 03:05: Message edited by: Amanda B. Reckondwythe ]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016