homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Crappy corn chips are turning our children GAY!

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Crappy corn chips are turning our children GAY!
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The stupid knows no end.

Story: Frito-Lay, maker of Doritos brand corn chips, created a specialty bag of rainbow-colored Doritos to raise funds for an LGBTQ charity (It Gets Better). Many people rejoiced, and they sold like hotcakes, even though they taste like artificially flavored cardboard. American conservative writer Ed Straker claimed that the chips were clearly being marketed to "introduce children to the joys of homosexuality." (As if eating Doritos is a particularly joyful or homosexual activity?)

I'd buy a bag if they were Nacho Cheese flavored. But I hate ranch.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So, that's what gay tastes like.

Son of a gun.

Some people suffer from abysmal ignorance as a natural inheritance. Some people strive for abysmal ignorance as an engine for profit.

Look at it this way. He is not going to convince anyone with that chip on his shoulder* kind of horse hockey except people who are already convinced the "gays" are going to invade their houses and turn them.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tortuf:
He is not going to convince anyone with that chip on his shoulder*

I'm not sure if it had to be said. But it's clever.

--------------------

ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
people who are already convinced the "gays" are going to invade their houses and turn them.

Find the right one, and I'll happily have a go....

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
people who are already convinced the "gays" are going to invade their houses and turn them.

Nah, the gays don't invade houses to turn anyone. They just do it to redecorate.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
teddybear
Shipmate
# 7842

- Posted      Profile for teddybear   Author's homepage   Email teddybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
and they sold out almost immediately in every store around the USA!

--------------------
My cooking blog: http://inthekitchenwithdon.blogspot.com/

Posts: 480 | From: Topeka, Kansas USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:

I'd buy a bag if they were Nacho Cheese flavored. But I hate ranch.

Having to eat ranch-flavoured Doritos to keep gay creds is enough to turn one straight.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No doubt the idiot is worried about trans fats?

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It does make you wonder about the Skittles slogan. Taste the Rainbow...?

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Soror Magna
Shipmate
# 9881

- Posted      Profile for Soror Magna   Email Soror Magna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In the article, he suggests that heterosexuality should be promoted by advertising hot dogs in their buns. As if most advertising wasn't already "promoting" heterosexuality. And as if hot dogs weren't already a phallic joke.

--------------------
"You come with me to room 1013 over at the hospital, I'll show you America. Terminal, crazy and mean." -- Tony Kushner, "Angels in America"

Posts: 5430 | From: Caprica City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by Soror Magna:
In the article, he suggests that heterosexuality should be promoted by advertising hot dogs in their buns. As if most advertising wasn't already "promoting" heterosexuality. And as if hot dogs weren't already a phallic joke.

Also a culinary joke.

--------------------

Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Poor guy doesn't seem to even have a plain bio page anywhere on the internet, so he's making his move I guess!

--------------------
Siegfried
Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We've appropriated bright colours. Of COURSE we're going to win over the kiddies. And anyone else who isn't turned on by beige.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
We've appropriated bright colours. Of COURSE we're going to win over the kiddies. And anyone else who isn't turned on by beige.

So, no coders.

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(That exchange was rather funny.)

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
posted by Alan:
quote:
Nah, the gays don't invade houses to turn anyone. They just do it to redecorate.
Ooh! Over here, guys! My house needs redecorating! <jumps up and down waving>
Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016