homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Praise and Thanksgiving 2015 (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Praise and Thanksgiving 2015
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This is the thread for the giving of thanks not just to God but to those people and organizations [and even pets] that have influenced our lives for good whether momentarily or over the longer term.

All that we have comes from God, may we all be faithful in giving thanks.

WW - AS Host

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm giving praise and thanksgiving to God for 2014:

Although there were nasty diseases in the family, they were treated and healed.

Although I struggled, I came through: with perseverance, and with God's help and guidance, the factors giving me the most insecurity have been overcome, for now.

In fact, the last three months of the year were so good that I don't want to lose touch of the warmth and joy the memory of them brings.

Thank you God [Axe murder]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had a lovely day today to get my mobile fixed ! And now it works and gets messages and can send messages. I prayed and God has helped to get it fixed again ! [Overused] Thank you Lord ! [Yipee]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks be to God for the very swift return of a friend's beloved kitten, after a long and very unusual having gone AWOL.

[Angel] [Overused] [Axe murder]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And today I prayed to God to get my mobile as I had lost it yesterday. My son found it today, praying and noising his mobile and so thank you God and thank you also for him managing to get it for me ! [Overused]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay for all the yay!

Update: I got the job!!

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Yay for all the yay!

WOW! FANTASTIC! MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS [Yipee]

(one of the few times when shouting seems mandatory)

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] and again I say [Yipee]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay for Kelly's job!

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay indeed - and possibly even a YAHOO!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Brilliant news Kelly [Yipee]

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Great news, Kel. Congratulations!
Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
fist bump with Kelly
[Big Grin] [Yipee]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well done, Kelly! Hope other good things follow.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
To share a little good news: Some of you might remember my asking for prayers for my son-in-law, who had surgery for thyroid cancer late in 2014. He did radiation last month, and yesterday the results of his bloodwork were "no evidence of disease." Hallelujah! And thank you for your prayers and support!

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Great news, Mamacita! [Smile]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

26 years ago today I had my first sober day for a long time and I haven't touched a drop since!

Thanks be to God!

--------------------

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy birthday, Wodders. 26 years is great. (I've got a little over three.)
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Thanks basso, and well done you - the first few years are probably the toughest.

Keep on trucking.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bravo, Wonders. That is an accomplishment and a blessing!

And well done on the three years, basso!

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well done, gentlemen. [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Flat for S finally located.

Cooker in our living room and back room filled with belongings soon to be relocated.

Hallelujah!

[ 25. January 2015, 12:03: Message edited by: Ethne Alba ]

welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
we finally get a woman bishop, hallelujah!
Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes! [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Some great news here: daughter of neighbours got married a few years ago and has had a couple of miscarriages but today gave birth to a full term baby daughter, mother and baby both doing fine!

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OK, you know that old lady I have been griping about?

Today, the end of week 2 of my wonderful new job, she stops me and says, "You know, I have to say, every day you come in smiling now. That's good."

Yesterday was even better-- I came in and said hello, and sighed, " Have to say, I am having a hard time getting used to people being so darn nice all the time", and my mom burst out into the loudest, longest, most natural laugh I have heard out of her in literally years.

"No, you don't understand!" I protested, thinking of my dreary years of subbing at dreary schools.

"Oh, yes, I do!" she said.

It was a nice moment-- I guess for all her weirdness and passive aggression she does notice what's going on with me. And I could see on her face that she was very happy for me.

And I feel so lucky and blessed right now that my worst problem currently is adjusting to people who are consistantly pleasant, decent, and kind. May I never lose that gratitude.

[ 31. January 2015, 03:50: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Back reading and catching up on all the yay! [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Fab, Fab, Fab Kelly!

Brilliant!

--------------------

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

Yay, Kel! Great to hear that.
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praise God, I seem to have got my mojo back [Yipee]

I have been volunteering 3 afternoons a week in a charity bookshop and, last month, that took all my energy. But this week-end, I have done some housework and admin-type stuff as well. (Doing housework may seem an odd thing to be thankful for but not doing it is generally worse.) Now, if we can sort our finances out, life could be fun again...

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As Kelly would say Yay for all the Yay!!!
I saw the consultant today for the results of my MRI and thanks be to God the pancreatitis was not caused by anything nasty. Still have to have some tests to see if my gallbladder needs removing, but no cancer!! [Yipee]

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lia
Shipmate
# 7396

- Posted      Profile for Lia   Email Lia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I give thanks for surviving a very hard day at work.

I did not think I would survive (literally), but I am still here (just about).

20 more to go before I can catch my breath, but I will try not to think about that for a while.

Posts: 127 | From: Cherry Tree Lane | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by tessaB:
As Kelly would say Yay for all the Yay!!!

(I stole that from Lots of Yay. [Big Grin] )

But, ditto!

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

Today on London many of the bus were not on and so I got onto the tube and got to the Scottish church to the left in London and I got in time by 1pm. It always has a good time om Thursday and was lovely. I'm really pleased I managed to get there.
I did pray to God to get me there, with no bus, thank you God [Overused]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I want to thank everyone who prayed for ME and P in their court trial against an evil neighbor. The suit didn't go perfectly, but ME and P are good with the outcome. It was the prayers that finally gave them peace.

Thank you. I appreciate it and so did they.

Prayer works!

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today I was at a meeting of the local Anglican clergy - our Deanery Chapter - as part of the "listening process" about whether ort not the CoE should bless same-sex marriages. The process has not had a good press generally, so I was very apprehensive. However, our discussion was excellent; we did listen and explored honestly all sorts of views. After as while I found the courage to out myself, and felt valued even by those with the most conservative views. So I feel good about myself, and about my fellow clergy. Great.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

[Overused] [Votive]

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Beloved husband was made redundant last October and was starting to worry that at nearly 55 he may never get another job. Today he got a phone call to say that the chap who was offered the last job he interviewed for turned it down and he was their second choice!! Hopefully starting at the end of the month [Yipee]

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That's brilliant news Tessa, I'm really pleased for him

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Almost exactly two years after a diagnosis of metastatic melanoma, just had a routine check-up with the oncologist, involving much laughter and joking, ending with, "See you in six months!" So many people to thank; thanking God for the gifts of caring in so many people. Cured? Can't tell. Healed - yes.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Overused] [Axe murder]

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Gallica officinalis
Shipmate
# 3886

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Gallica officinalis   Email Rosa Gallica officinalis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
After 22 months of searching, 24 applications, 14 interviews I have been offered a post that feels like exactly what I've been waiting for.

I'm taking Geroff to see the vicarage he's going to have to live in tomorrow.

[Yipee]

--------------------
Come for tea, come for tea, my people.

Posts: 874 | From: The Hemlock Hideout | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Yay! Thank you God! [Yipee] [Axe murder]

--------------------

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stercus Tauri:
Almost exactly two years after a diagnosis of metastatic melanoma, just had a routine check-up with the oncologist, involving much laughter and joking, ending with, "See you in six months!" So many people to thank; thanking God for the gifts of caring in so many people. Cured? Can't tell. Healed - yes.

[Yipee]
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Yipee]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

ST and RGO - [Yipee] [Yipee]

[ 26. February 2015, 13:27: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

My sister is staying with me this week and she wanted to go walking and we went around today across the waters and it was sunny, blue sky. thank you Lord ! [Overused]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

Today was my daughter's birthday and she and he came here and we fed them and sang "Happy Birthday to you may the dear Lord bless you. Happy long life to you !" [Overused]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A keyboard/electric piano arrived in the post the other day. My wife called Amazon to complain, since we hadn't ordered it and didn't want to be billed for it, or to have to pay to return it. They confirmed that it had been shipped to us by mistake, but said there was no need to return it - we could keep it or dispose of it as we wished.

Initially we thought our granddaughter might use when she gets older. It turns out, however, that my wife had always longed to learn piano, but her stepmother (a very good pianist but impatient teacher) had scared her out of it.

Last night we made space for it in a nook with a stool, a lamp and some teach-yourself-to-play music books. She still feels very self conscious touching the keys even when she is home alone, in case the neighbors might hear, but now she can take as much time as she needs to get comfortable with the fingerings and key positions. It's wonderful to see her excitement at finally being able to do something that she had wanted for 60 years.

The funny thing is that it isn't a very expensive keyboard - we could easily have purchased one if she had wanted. But something about it having arrived by mistake has made it possible for her to let go of her fears and decide to learn to play.

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

Today after school my sun's daughter came back and my daughter and her husband came too. We had a lovely food to eat and we sang again "Happy Birthday to you may the dear Lord bless you Happy long life " She was happy about that. We had a lovely time and she played Sand Tray as I had not allowed her when she was younger. [Overused]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016