homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Look what I created! Crafting 2017 (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Look what I created! Crafting 2017
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A shiny new thread for all your crafting questions and ideas! [Smile]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Knitting a long Harry Potter scarf for a niece. It'll take ages, it's supposed to be 14 ft long.

[ 07. January 2017, 14:43: Message edited by: Brenda Clough ]

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Judy, I can see the shininess from down here.

My eldest son would adore a Dr Who scarf. Length and sameness of knitting even in stripes deters me.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Knitting a fox scarf - similar to the old fashioned fox furs - for kiddo who likes to dress up as a "grand lady".

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We don't have foxes here. They were one of the few animals from Britain that some misguided settler didn't choose to introduce, but an elderly Englishwoman I met when I was about 3 or 4 had a real fox fur and it both fascinated and repelled me. After that I though all foxes must smell of mothballs.

I googled the knitted ones and they looked like a vast improvement.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Making Christmas garlands for 8 large Christmas trees for the local nursing home. This is so much fun and you-tube has been amazingly helpful. They aged care facility where my 99 yr old mum lives has trouble finding enough volunteers to do the decorating each Christmas. So I suggested taking all the old decorations to my studio to remake them into fat garlands that will go on the trees quickly. "Oh yes please!" they said.

I have had a ball buying up sparkly decorations in the January sales. But the brief keeps expanding....table trees for the 12 dining room tables...Christmas door hangers for each room in the facility...wall decorations for the admin area.

I suspect I will be enjoying doing Christmas craft right up until its December again. Just glad I found out what a "work garland" is before my youngest daughter's wedding. By then I hope to be a boss at making beautiful garlands.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am still knitting the same jumper I have been knitting since July. Stepdaughter was supposed to be getting it for Christmas, which morphed into supposed to be getting it for her birthday. Taken that her birthday is this week and it still has no sleeves, I think she’s getting an IOU [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I once picked up a fox fur at a jumble sale and slung it on top of the wardrobe while I thought what to do with it. I had to get up in the night and remove the identifiable parts, wrap and bin them, because it was looking at me!

I then made it into a bonnet, lined with some dress material and bound with orange piping cord. I wore it for several years, but when I wanted to stop, I couldn't get anyone to take it. Fur was a no-no, even old fur. (I had always thought it was respect for the animal to keep it going as long as possible.) And I can't remember what I did in the end.

Meanwhile, I have finished the cowl I was making - a tube about a foot across, and long enough to pull up from the neck over my head, as well as wearing it as a roll collar. I have crocheted an edging, but it isn't quite right.

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm on the last square of 16 in a crocheted log cabin blanket. It is a pattern from a uk blogger called attic24. This week I hope to start piecing it together.
At Christmas I finished my first ever crocheted shawl, made from hand dyed mini skeins of variegated yarn opened each day throughout advent.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm still working on the Morrocan tiles blanket I started last January. I have one large motif to finish, 12 large triangles to finish, 4 small triangles, then the border. I shall be glad when it's done!

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm still working on the Morrocan tiles blanket I started last January. I have one large motif to finish, 12 large triangles to finish, 4 small triangles, then the border. I shall be glad when it's done!
Other things have been done over the year, 4 baby blankets and 4 twiddle muffs, but I'm going to crack on with this now.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Heavenly Anarchist:
I'm on the last square of 16 in a crocheted log cabin blanket. It is a pattern from a uk blogger called attic24. This week I hope to start piecing it together.
At Christmas I finished my first ever crocheted shawl, made from hand dyed mini skeins of variegated yarn opened each day throughout advent.

Yesterday I picked up an order of yarn from a Hobart yarnshop. I am in Sydney. I have done little knitting for some months as arthritis in my hands has been bad. I do knit for exercising the fingers, but at times things get too much. This is for a blanket of sixteen squares, each with a different pattern, like sampler of embroidery stitches from 150 or so years ago. Various shades of blues and greys. I hope the fingers can cope with a square at a time.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't work very much on my hat at a time. On New Year's Eve, possibly for psychological reasons, the joint at the base of my right thumb decided to get very painful. It stopped that fairly quickly, but a reminder is still there, and in exactly the place that is most worked by the hook for the knitting loom. Irritating.
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am diverted from my knitting to create a series of signs for the protest march next week. I took many a design and calligraphy class in college, and have produced the occasional book cover, but I haven't done serious graphic design in forty years. Nevertheless I just turn the tap on and it pours out. I am astonished at how easy this is and how good the signs look.

--------------------

Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I love knitting but haven't done any for a while, and I can do basic crochet. Some of the ideas mentioned above for crocheted or knitted blanket squares sound just the sort of thing to get me started again. Can any of you recommend somewhere - maybe on line - I can get patterns?

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Sparrow, I am enjoying doing the first square. I bought both yarn and pattern from the Stash Cupboard, but that is in Hobart, Tasmania. Some of the patterns I recognise from a couple of books with a variety of stitches. If you have something like that, you may be able to use that.

I liked the yarn it came as a kit, and the hard work of getting tension right for each square so they would be same size after blocking had been already done. The pattern was not cheap, AUD $20 but is printed ion good paper, A4 size so nothing is cramped. Clear photos and a pleasant tone to the accompanying notes. It has been done by employees and friends of the store and was called Montage.

I could have done the extra leg work re tension and stitch numbers but it was good not to have to bother.

--------------------

Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you search for 'granny square crochet' on Amazon you will find lots of lovely books, including some that are free kindle downloads (if you don't have a kindle you can set up Kindle for PC - or various other formats - at no cost).

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

The squares I am doing are knitting, not crochet. I do crochet but not often. Stitch dictionaries and similar are useful books and I have several. I have often used them for patterns for decorative socks and scarves. However, I bought the pattern because the stitch numbers etc have been worked out so all squares will block to the same size fairly easily. That is, of course, providing my tension is right. [Biased]

--------------------

Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Currently (slowly) working on a pair of socks with soles. Slowly because I'd never done socks or Fair Isle before (most of the leg is Fair Isle), and so I've been making 2 test ones using cheap yarn from the local shop (under £2 for a 100g ball of acrylic dk!). Nearly ready to start on the real pair...

I have just been giving in to temptation. The loveknitting site has its winter sale on till midnight tonight. So I downloaded 2 free blanket patterns and bought the yarn required. I hit the top level of discount they were offering. [Hot and Hormonal] Needles will be sorted out when the blankets are closer to the top of the project queue. [Smile]

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

I have finished my cowl and hat combo, with the hat done in double thickness, and wore them out to the dentist today, as they happened to go with the sweater I was wearing.
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Time for politically active ironic knitwear: I have been commissioned to make a pussy hat. My sister-in-law, who is going proudly to sport the same in California, detests pink, so she wants a special black sparkly one. I am very excited about this project.
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've done several for friends and their baby girl in pink with rainbow flecks and am doing one in sparkly purple for kiddo. Did a half dozen in various pink or pink and other odd end mixes for co-workers/neighbours. Takes me longer than the "one hour" the website mentioned, but they do knit up pretty quickly/easily. Zero progress on the fox scarf though.

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

I was at the March on Washington and the sea of pussy hats was just amazing and delightful. Nearly all of them were hand-made, and many of them were given to marchers by enthusiastic crafters.
And can you top this? Here's my blog post: Go and slide down to the last photo. A friend took this photo for me on the Metro train. Those girls were a Scout troop or something. Some energetic mom made them all pink capes in shiny fabric, more than a dozen of them. (I trust she had a serger.) On the back of the capes is "NASTY GIRL".

--------------------

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Love the look of those capes! I enjoyed seeing all the hand knitted hats at marches around the world. I'm sure I have never seen something quite so well organized. It was fun to see a meme which pointed out that the red ball caps seen at the inauguration were made far away - whereas the pink ones worn in Washington were all hand made in America.

Very little crafting happening here. My sewing machine was protesting last week but it seems to be back to work after a little dusting and the installation of a "jeans" needle. We have a big ice storm arriving tonight so, if there is power, tomorrow could be a day for sewing.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

quote:
Originally posted by lily pad:
Love the look of those capes! I enjoyed seeing all the hand knitted hats at marches around the world. I'm sure I have never seen something quite so well organized. It was fun to see a meme which pointed out that the red ball caps seen at the inauguration were made far away - whereas the pink ones worn in Washington were all hand made in America.

A notably clueless conservative commentator asked, portentously, "Were all those pink hats made in the USA?" Which led to
this superb response, which I urge all crafters to read. Absolutely hits it, breaking down the multiple levels of cluelessness. Of course these people are not knittable. I wouldn't knit them a potholder.

--------------------

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

I'm happy to knit him one - and/or send instructions, yarn, and needles so he could give it a go. Could be the making of him ...

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

He, not knowing the value of hand-knits, would certainly run it through the laundry and shrink it. Or he'd use it to wash the car. Not a knittable man.

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Did you see the comments from the clueless non-knitworthy Joe Casey? All those hats funded by the only begetter of the idea, George Soros.
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

The rumor I saw was that Hillary Clinton (source of all evil including the check-engine light on my car) paid the marchers to march. And, I presume, for their hats. Let's see, three million protestors worldwide and let's say they get a miserable dollar apiece. The hats, let us say another dollar for the yarn, we will assume the knitting was a donation and not a per-hour fee. That makes six million, merely to spite the Ogler in Chief...

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

I need some advice with regard to the blind I need to install in my mini-spare room.

This room has a pre-existing astronomical theme, with wallpaper with gold stars on a sort of blue background, and a frieze of sun and moon along the unpapered, magnolia, exposed brick (architectural feature) other wall. It now has cupboards to hide stuff, which will be painted to match the paper it covers, possibly with gold stencilled sun and moon. It also has, hung on the wall, a couple of bamboo flat dishes which look vaguely like astronomical objects, and a number of glow stars in vaguely constellation patterns.

While surfing, a while back, I came across an image I wanted on the blind, fromm the work of Oronce Fine in Paris in the early 16th century.
Le Sphere du Monde The blue is exact for the wall. I investigated the possibility of having it printed on a custom blind, but found that M. Oronce Fine did not own the copyright, but Harvard did. They refused me permission to use it as it would "distort the image".

So I have painted my own, introducing some ideas from John Scotus Eriugena, who held in the 9th century after Martianus Capella of the 5th century that Mercury and Venus orbited the Sun. Also an idea from early users of telescopes that Venus had a moon.

This is not big enough for the blind, so idea number 1 is to photograph it, tidy it up, and send it off to blind printers. However, idea number 2 has surfaced - buy a plain blind and paint it directly. (I don't have a big compass, which would be necessary.)

What do you think?

[ 27. January 2017, 12:26: Message edited by: Penny S ]

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Forgot to mention, in mine, the Earth and Water are a better representation of the planet, the Air has the clouds of the Intertropical Convergence Zone over the Equator, and the Fire is the Aurora.

I am toying with the Galilean moons. And more attempt at constellations in the firmament.

[ 27. January 2017, 12:51: Message edited by: Penny S ]

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

Do you need a compass? There are large round things you could trace. Wastepaper baskets. Platters from the kitchen. Hubcaps. It is also possible to do circles with a pin and a string. Fix the pin in the center, adjust length of string and then tie a pencil to the end.

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

But I don't want a hole! And it would need to be about 30in in diameter at the outside. Bigger than a dustbin lid.

I've been thinking about string and pencil - there are gadgets with a sort of inverted dimple at the centre, and I could possibly tie string to one of the drawing holes in one. NIt sure if it would work, though.

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am pondering a needlework pussy hat, for those whose knitting and crochet skills are non-existent [Biased]

Penny, could you do it with a string and pin, then cover the hole by gluing on the innermost circle? Yu would probably need to start won the inside by tracing around something, then base your subsequent pin and string circles on that size getting larger as you go.

It's an awesome project.

Huia

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
But I don't want a hole! And it would need to be about 30in in diameter at the outside. Bigger than a dustbin lid.

I've been thinking about string and pencil - there are gadgets with a sort of inverted dimple at the centre, and I could possibly tie string to one of the drawing holes in one. NIt sure if it would work, though.

Even scotch-taping the end of the string down would do you. Do it on a large piece of paper or card, and then use that as a pattern.

As to pussy hats, the key thing if you try needlework (do you mean needlepoint? On canvas?) is to be sure you can wear it. In other words, it has to have some stretch to stick onto your head. You might consider buying or making a pink cap (there were plenty on Saturday made of pink fleece) and embroidering it.

However, you should just let your creativity flag fly. At the march I saw some men with ordinary dark watchcaps on their heads. They had turned them into pussyhats by attaching pink paper triangles to the tops, with strips of duct tape.

[ 27. January 2017, 18:49: Message edited by: Brenda Clough ]

--------------------

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't mean to carry on this tangent, but I am intrigued by how widely the idea of knitting/crafting a hat spread. Thanks so much for the link to the Pussyhat Project. I may knit one just for the fun of it and to feel like I have something tangible to say, "I protest!"

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
Knitting a long Harry Potter scarf for a niece. It'll take ages, it's supposed to be 14 ft long.

Isn't that Doctor Who rather than Harry Potter?

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Depends on whether it is multicoloured (Dr Who) or pied (Harry Potter).

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

quote:
Originally posted by Sparrow:
I love knitting but haven't done any for a while, and I can do basic crochet. Some of the ideas mentioned above for crocheted or knitted blanket squares sound just the sort of thing to get me started again. Can any of you recommend somewhere - maybe on line - I can get patterns?

I dug out a very old pattern from the bottom of my craft file which is a patchwork sweater made up of knitted diamond shapes that you sew together afterwards. It looks interesting and hopefully I can use up most of my odds and ends on it!

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

I ran out of yarn and became bored, so the scarf is only about 10 feet long. Since my niece is only about 5 ft 2 this should be plenty.
For more about the how and why of pussyhats, here is a video report. I am steadily knitting more, for people of my acquaintance who want them. My local store is about sold out of pink yarn.

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

Thanks for the video link Brenda - I watched it twice. I guess that one of the advantages of having a homemade symbol is that those who couldn't march for whatever reason could still participate.

Huia

--------------------

Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This feels like a question I should know the answer to....anyway I don't so thought I would ask here.
I have a sewing machine, 15 years old, fairly basic, but not to basic (ie about 15 stich options). It works fine when making clothes, but if I try making anything thicker the needle and the bit of metal attaching it to the machine falls out. I can screw it back in. My question is, if I get it serviced is this likely to be fixed, or is it the wrong machine for quilting.
Thanks everyone.

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

I am definitely not a quilter so cannot answer your question re suitability of your machine for that.

Have you had a good look at the relevant bits? I say this because I had major problems with tension on my Husqvarna which I had not used for several years. Friends advised me to replace the needle which I did. The next step was to check needle was in the right way around. Just replacing it fixed my troubles. It may just be something simple which has been forgotten.

Hope you get some answers soon. I found busted tension was really frustrating.

--------------------

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

Surfing Madness, any sewing machine should be fine with machine quilting. I regularly sew through several layers of fleece with my basic one. There are various types of needles for heavier jobs and you may need to adjust the tension a bit but I doubt if that is the trouble.

I'd get a nice bright light and try to see if anything is preventing that piece of the machine from gripping strongly. The screw that you use to tighten the needle holder onto the part that goes up and down may be hindered by some dust or thread. Maybe check it each time you begin to sew to be sure it is tight. I would think that a technician would be able to repair it if something has become bent or stripped. Hope it works out!

--------------------

Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
made de boots

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
made de bags

endless bags ..............

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

[Overused] Pyxe

Special limited edition shiny black pussy hat is ready. It will be in an envelope and winging its way across the Atlantic shortly.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pyx_e and la vie en rouge, I am impressed!!!

My mom gave me her sewing machine when she and Dad downsized recently. I used to sew quite a bit, but gave my machine to my son-in-law who was constructing costumes and such for his role-playing games. Now, all I have to do is clean off the sewing table and see if I remember how to read a pattern! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Remembering may not help. They have taken to doing all the sizes on one sheet of paper.
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Very impressive, Pyx_e. I really like the bags.

LVER. I see your photo box pic has an ending to URL for France. I have tried several times and obviously others can see it but I can't. Sorry.

Is this for a friend or are you sending it to tomcat-in-chief? [Big Grin]

[ 07. February 2017, 00:58: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016