Thread: Easter Greetings Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=025150

Posted by cosmic dance (# 14025) on :

It happens first here as the sun rises and touches the eastern most tip of New Zealand...

Alleluia, Christ is risen!

Posted by Ariel (# 58) on :

And a very happy Easter to you too! [Big Grin]

This thread would flourish in All Saints, so I'm just going to transfer it over there. Hold tight now...

Posted by leo (# 1458) on :

It happens here in my part of the UK when the new fire is lit in about one hour and a quarter's time, i.e. Saturday at 8pm.

Posted by Gee D (# 13815) on :

He is risen and glorified indeed, Alleluia! (6.15 am here)

Posted by Huia (# 3473) on :

He is risen indeed 0 glorious Easter everyone!

Around 8.25 here

[ 30. March 2013, 19:28: Message edited by: Huia ]

Posted by Rowen (# 1194) on :

Breakfast before church here at 8am.
Christ is risen!
A glorious Autumnal morning.

Posted by piglet (# 11803) on :

It's still just passing 8 p.m. on Easter Even here, but as we've got a service at 6 o'clock tomorrow morning, I'm going to have an early night, so I'll wish you all a happy Easter now.

[Smile]

Posted by Adeodatus (# 4992) on :

Just home from a vigil Eucharist. Tears of joy. Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia!

Posted by Sir Kevin (# 3492) on :

Happy Easter Vigil to all who wish to stay up late: When I came into the Roman Catholic Church via RCIA and my sister was baptized into the faith, it was the year 2000. I was at my desert parish for 28 baptisms as was my lovely bride. We had sandwiches for breakfast and went home at 3 AM! Dunno how late my sister was at her Northern California parish, nor do I know how late Z will be at her Anglican parish this evening.

That said, I am going to sunrise mass with a colleague from work on Sunday!

Posted by Leorning Cniht (# 17564) on :

Mrs Cniht and the eldest Cnihtlet are out at the Vigil; I'm home with the small sleeping ones, so I'll take the opportunity to wish all you lovely shipmates a very happy Easter.

Now I'm off to find my copy of Handel's Messiah, and sing along to the Hallelujah chorus (but quietly, so as not to wake the children [Biased] )

He is risen indeed!

Posted by Grits (# 4169) on :

Just got in from Lowe's, where the Easter lilies are already marked down 25%! Happy Easter, everyone.

Posted by New Yorker (# 9898) on :

Happy Easter to all!

May we all meet at that eternal banquet in heaven (and before then at temporal feasts here!)!

Posted by Crazy Cat Lady (# 17616) on :

5.30am - Dawn Communion, with bonfire and bacon sandwiches. Worth getting up for

Posted by Mamacita (# 3659) on :

Just home from a beautiful Easter Vigil and festive reception afterwards. Bittersweet moments. It is just five weeks since T passed away, and he was always the lead usher at the Vigil - and always the go-to guy for helping with the New Fire.

A happy and blessed Easter to all. Christ is risen indeed!

Posted by Welease Woderwick (# 10424) on :

The new priest in charge of the little mission church we mostly go to arranged for vigil and mass last night and it was excellent though I could have done without the strobe lights on the stroke of midnight so I just closed my eyes until that bit was over. The church was PACKED with many standing outside. We didn't join in the candlelight procession around the village at 01.30.

We all slept late this morning.

Posted by PeteC (# 10422) on :

We got back from the Vigil around 2:30 this morning. (It's 1030 now) and were filled with joy. The last thing we did was to parade the Risen Christ around the village to loud choral Alleluias and much ringing of every bell available (Sanctus and bell-tower).

I don't understand the Mass except at a gut level, but I follow along in my English-language missal

But I don't need a missal to shout "Christ is risen!"

Posted by Sir Kevin (# 3492) on :

Happy Easter Vigil to all who wish to stay up late: When I came into the Roman Catholic Church via RCIA and my sister was baptized into the faith, it was the year 2000. I was at my desert parish for 28 baptisms as was my lovely bride. We had sandwiches for breakfast and went home at 3 AM! Dunno how late my sister was at her Northern California parish, nor do I know how late Z will be at her Anglican parish this evening.

That said, I am going to sunrise mass with a colleague from work on Sunday!

Posted by Smudgie (# 2716) on :

Toes now thawing after our sunrise service this morning. (Must be Surbiton - the service was at the Tennis Club!)

A joy-and-blessing-filled Easter to all. He is risen indeed [Big Grin]

Happy Easter! The sun broke through the clouds this morning sending beautiful rays through the darkness. And it's the start of summer time. Even though the weather is still cold, the long season of Lent is over and there is hope, and light in the world again.

Enjoy your day!

Posted by Mary LA (# 17040) on :

Just back from Easter morning Mass, good a capella singing in Xhosa and Sotho. Outside the church afterwards a crowd of small children were given what looked like unlimited quantities of chocolate Easter eggs, sticky fingers on car seats.

A happy and blessed Easter to all.

Posted by Amazing Grace (# 95) on :

Just back from our Vigil, and cleaning up after the reception. Going to catch some Z's and do it all over again in the morning.

A most blessed Easter to you all!

Posted by Wesley J (# 6075) on :

Happy Easter everyone! [Yipee] [Angel]

Posted by Oferyas (# 14031) on :

Happy Easter from a bright, sunny and very coooold France!

Posted by mousethief (# 953) on :

Happy Resurrection Sunday to all celebrating the resurrection of our Lord today! May your day be filled with the joy of the risen Christ.

Posted by Margaret (# 283) on :

Got up this morning at four (just after the clocks had gone forward [Eek!] ) to get to the Easter Liturgy at five - the Exultet in the dark nave lit only by the candles we all held, the light dawning outside, the first alleluias of Easter, the eucharist in the morning light, and then bacon butties and Buck's Fizz. [Yipee] Happy Easter! [Yipee]

Posted by seasick (# 48) on :

Alleluia! Alleluia!

Happy Easter everyone! [Big Grin]

Posted by QLib (# 43) on :

Happy Easter to all. [Smile]

Posted by Alex Cockell (# 7487) on :

Happy Easter folks...

(Originally posted by Gamaliel on a duplicate thread in Heaven:)

quote:
A Happy Easter to all - and a happy one ahead for all who celebrate it according to a different Calendar.

'We are an Easter people and allelulia is our song,' St Augustine of Hippo.

Posted by Robert Armin (# 182) on :

A joyful Eastertide to one and all!

Posted by rolyn (# 16840) on :

I've done very little by comparison , (except get out of bed).

Anyway Happy Easter to all here [Axe murder]

He has surely Risen . 'The strife is o'er the battle done' [Overused]

Posted by Anglican_Brat (# 12349) on :

Alleuia! The Lord is risen! Christ is risen, indeed!

Posted by Japes (# 5358) on :

Alleluia!! Alleluia!! Alleluia!!

Christ is Risen!!

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

Posted by Raptor Eye (# 16649) on :

With the Alleluia chorus resounding in my head, and the wonderful sight of a packed church full of joyful people, I pass on the message: Alleluia! Christ is Risen! [Axe murder]

Happy Easter everyone.

Posted by Adrienne (# 2334) on :

He is Risen - Alleluia!

Happy Easter everyone [Smile]

Posted by Jengie Jon (# 273) on :

He is risen and Easter Communion is over so I can start relaxing and greeting people.

Jengie

Posted by St. Gwladys (# 14504) on :

Too cold to go to the service at Capel Gwladys up on the mountain this morning, but Christ is still risen and we can celebrate.

Posted by Drewthealexander (# 16660) on :

Christ has conquered death by death.

Posted by Og: Thread Killer (# 3200) on :

Happy Easter!

(Told my daughter the cats ate all the eggs...not the same affect on an 18 year old as it would have been on a 8 year old)

[Biased]

[ 31. March 2013, 13:49: Message edited by: Og: Thread Killer ]

Posted by Tree Bee (# 4033) on :

Meeting was quite solemn this morning.
Despite that, happy Easter everyone. [Smile]

Posted by jedijudy (# 333) on :

Happy Easter, dear Shipmates!

Posted by amber. (# 11142) on :

Happy Easter all [Smile]

Posted by Golden Key (# 1468) on :

Happy Easter! Christ is risen indeed!

May healing, peace, and new life burst forth for all of creation.
[Votive]

© Ship of Fools 2016