homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Easter Greetings

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Easter Greetings
cosmic dance
Shipmate
# 14025

- Posted      Profile for cosmic dance   Email cosmic dance   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It happens first here as the sun rises and touches the eastern most tip of New Zealand...

Alleluia, Christ is risen!

--------------------
"No method, no teacher, no guru..." Van Morrison.

Posts: 233 | From: godzone | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And a very happy Easter to you too! [Big Grin]

This thread would flourish in All Saints, so I'm just going to transfer it over there. Hold tight now...

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It happens here in my part of the UK when the new fire is lit in about one hour and a quarter's time, i.e. Saturday at 8pm.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He is risen and glorified indeed, Alleluia! (6.15 am here)

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He is risen indeed 0 glorious Easter everyone!

Around 8.25 here

[ 30. March 2013, 19:28: Message edited by: Huia ]

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Breakfast before church here at 8am.
Christ is risen!
A glorious Autumnal morning.

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's still just passing 8 p.m. on Easter Even here, but as we've got a service at 6 o'clock tomorrow morning, I'm going to have an early night, so I'll wish you all a happy Easter now.

[Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just home from a vigil Eucharist. Tears of joy. Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia!

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Easter Vigil to all who wish to stay up late: When I came into the Roman Catholic Church via RCIA and my sister was baptized into the faith, it was the year 2000. I was at my desert parish for 28 baptisms as was my lovely bride. We had sandwiches for breakfast and went home at 3 AM! Dunno how late my sister was at her Northern California parish, nor do I know how late Z will be at her Anglican parish this evening.

That said, I am going to sunrise mass with a colleague from work on Sunday!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mrs Cniht and the eldest Cnihtlet are out at the Vigil; I'm home with the small sleeping ones, so I'll take the opportunity to wish all you lovely shipmates a very happy Easter.

Now I'm off to find my copy of Handel's Messiah, and sing along to the Hallelujah chorus (but quietly, so as not to wake the children [Biased] )

He is risen indeed!

Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just got in from Lowe's, where the Easter lilies are already marked down 25%! Happy Easter, everyone.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
New Yorker
Shipmate
# 9898

- Posted      Profile for New Yorker   Email New Yorker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Easter to all!

May we all meet at that eternal banquet in heaven (and before then at temporal feasts here!)!

Posts: 3193 | From: New York City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Crazy Cat Lady
Shipmate
# 17616

- Posted      Profile for Crazy Cat Lady   Email Crazy Cat Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
5.30am - Dawn Communion, with bonfire and bacon sandwiches. Worth getting up for

--------------------
'They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me!"

Nathaniel Lee

Posts: 52 | From: Suffolk | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just home from a beautiful Easter Vigil and festive reception afterwards. Bittersweet moments. It is just five weeks since T passed away, and he was always the lead usher at the Vigil - and always the go-to guy for helping with the New Fire.

A happy and blessed Easter to all. Christ is risen indeed!

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The new priest in charge of the little mission church we mostly go to arranged for vigil and mass last night and it was excellent though I could have done without the strobe lights on the stroke of midnight so I just closed my eyes until that bit was over. The church was PACKED with many standing outside. We didn't join in the candlelight procession around the village at 01.30.

We all slept late this morning.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We got back from the Vigil around 2:30 this morning. (It's 1030 now) and were filled with joy. The last thing we did was to parade the Risen Christ around the village to loud choral Alleluias and much ringing of every bell available (Sanctus and bell-tower).

I don't understand the Mass except at a gut level, but I follow along in my English-language missal

But I don't need a missal to shout "Christ is risen!"

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Easter Vigil to all who wish to stay up late: When I came into the Roman Catholic Church via RCIA and my sister was baptized into the faith, it was the year 2000. I was at my desert parish for 28 baptisms as was my lovely bride. We had sandwiches for breakfast and went home at 3 AM! Dunno how late my sister was at her Northern California parish, nor do I know how late Z will be at her Anglican parish this evening.

That said, I am going to sunrise mass with a colleague from work on Sunday!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Toes now thawing after our sunrise service this morning. (Must be Surbiton - the service was at the Tennis Club!)

A joy-and-blessing-filled Easter to all. He is risen indeed [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Easter! The sun broke through the clouds this morning sending beautiful rays through the darkness. And it's the start of summer time. Even though the weather is still cold, the long season of Lent is over and there is hope, and light in the world again.

Enjoy your day!

Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just back from Easter morning Mass, good a capella singing in Xhosa and Sotho. Outside the church afterwards a crowd of small children were given what looked like unlimited quantities of chocolate Easter eggs, sticky fingers on car seats.

A happy and blessed Easter to all.

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just back from our Vigil, and cleaning up after the reception. Going to catch some Z's and do it all over again in the morning.

A most blessed Easter to you all!

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Easter everyone! [Yipee] [Angel]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Offeiriad

Ship's Arboriculturalist
# 14031

- Posted      Profile for Offeiriad   Email Offeiriad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Easter from a bright, sunny and very coooold France!
Posts: 1426 | From: La France profonde | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Resurrection Sunday to all celebrating the resurrection of our Lord today! May your day be filled with the joy of the risen Christ.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Got up this morning at four (just after the clocks had gone forward [Eek!] ) to get to the Easter Liturgy at five - the Exultet in the dark nave lit only by the candles we all held, the light dawning outside, the first alleluias of Easter, the eucharist in the morning light, and then bacon butties and Buck's Fizz. [Yipee] Happy Easter! [Yipee]
Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
seasick

...over the edge
# 48

- Posted      Profile for seasick   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alleluia! Alleluia!

Happy Easter everyone! [Big Grin]

--------------------
We believe there is, and always was, in every Christian Church, ... an outward priesthood, ordained by Jesus Christ, and an outward sacrifice offered therein. - John Wesley

Posts: 5769 | From: A world of my own | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Easter to all. [Smile]
Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Easter folks...
Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

(Originally posted by Gamaliel on a duplicate thread in Heaven:)

quote:
A Happy Easter to all - and a happy one ahead for all who celebrate it according to a different Calendar.

'We are an Easter people and allelulia is our song,' St Augustine of Hippo.

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A joyful Eastertide to one and all!

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've done very little by comparison , (except get out of bed).

Anyway Happy Easter to all here [Axe murder]

He has surely Risen . 'The strife is o'er the battle done' [Overused]

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Anglican_Brat
Shipmate
# 12349

- Posted      Profile for Anglican_Brat   Email Anglican_Brat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alleuia! The Lord is risen! Christ is risen, indeed!
Posts: 4332 | From: Vancouver | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alleluia!! Alleluia!! Alleluia!!

Christ is Risen!!

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
With the Alleluia chorus resounding in my head, and the wonderful sight of a packed church full of joyful people, I pass on the message: Alleluia! Christ is Risen! [Axe murder]

Happy Easter everyone.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He is Risen - Alleluia!

Happy Easter everyone [Smile]

Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He is risen and Easter Communion is over so I can start relaxing and greeting people.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Too cold to go to the service at Capel Gwladys up on the mountain this morning, but Christ is still risen and we can celebrate.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Drewthealexander
Shipmate
# 16660

- Posted      Profile for Drewthealexander     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Christ has conquered death by death.
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Easter!

(Told my daughter the cats ate all the eggs...not the same affect on an 18 year old as it would have been on a 8 year old)

[Biased]

[ 31. March 2013, 13:49: Message edited by: Og: Thread Killer ]

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Meeting was quite solemn this morning.
Despite that, happy Easter everyone. [Smile]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Easter, dear Shipmates!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
amber.
Ship's Aspiedestra
# 11142

- Posted      Profile for amber.   Email amber.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Easter all [Smile]
Posts: 5102 | From: Central South of England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Easter! Christ is risen indeed!

May healing, peace, and new life burst forth for all of creation.
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016