Thread: Host and Admins Votive (thanks) offerings Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=026122

Posted by Jengie Jon (# 273) on :

Paschal Penguin has very few deliveries still to make, Secret Santa is beginning to wonder when it will be time to think about moving again, but before he can do so, it's time to turn our attention to other matters.

These boards run smoothly thanks to the voluntary efforts of a relatively small group of people. These people don’t get paid for their work, but every so often there is a thread which tries to organise shipmates into sending a sign of their appreciation to the hosts on behalf of all shipmates. Traditionally that was chocolate but in this there is no reason to be traditional!

We generally aim to keep to the same limits as the Secret Santa / Paschal Penguin threads - so we advise not spending more than £5.00 [UK money], $7.50 [US money] or local equivalent. (Also bear in mind posting costs - you can save a lot if posting abroad by internet ordering from a business based in the destination country.)

Hosts and Admins opt into the thread - just like Secret Santa - and will add any important info, e.g. allergy to chocolate or nuts etc + plus what country they are in + if they want to receive only one offering. This thread is for the public board's crew who have been serving over the past year, but if you are on a private board there is nothing to stop you organising a treat for your host on that board!

Senders are shipmates who choose to opt in - please say in your post if you are able to send to a different country - and give an idea where you are based. I am sorry, but you can't specify a specific person to send to. When people have signed up I will match names - check the matches with the H&As (they have to be happy to give out their address to the proposed sender) - then I will put the match list on the thread. After that it is up to sender and sendee to contact each other via pm re address and so on.

I would be particularly grateful if one or two shipmates would offer to be reserve senders to cover for sender shipmates where real life intervenes and so held back from the first two allocations.

Allocation and other bits and pieces.

There is no guarantee I will be able to allocate a recipient to you but as this year hosts and grandees have agreed to receive from more than one person there is a better chance. I will start the allocation process around 15th June, but as has been done in previous years I will have second and third allocations. Please don't think if you are not allocated immediately that you will not be. I will do my best to allocate senders to recipients.

I will pm the recipients with their suggested sender and post a list on the thread. I will only reveal the allocation if the sender is approved so even with the first round of allocations there may be several bouts as recipients reply. I will allocate a single sender to a recipient in the first round. All senders please pm their recipient, asking for address etc. Second allocation will take place about a fortnight later. In this I will allocate any extra senders, except reserve senders, to recipients who have been already allocated and are willing to receive more.

Would H&As please post here when they receive their goodies, so I know who still has to receive. Around the end of August, I will see the state of the thread and check what is happening with recipients who have not received. Then I will make a final allocation using any unallocated senders including the reserves. The thread should be finished by the end of September.

Now I have said that, let the fun commence!

Jengie

Posted by Lyda*Rose (# 4544) on :

I'd be happy to send a prezzie to a North American recipient.

The time I got to send to Erin is a warm memory. [Tear]

Posted by Barnabas62 (# 9110) on :

Opting in! Oh yes!

Chocolate, cake, home made jams, whatever. Grateful for all receipts.

(I wuz a wartime baby; we're noted for our long arms and indiscriminate joy over food).

Posted by Japes (# 5358) on :

Yes, I'm in. I'll send anywhere!

Posted by Tubbs (# 440) on :

Count me in. Thank you. (ETA: I'm in the UK and am grateful for anything. I don't like exotic chocolate or stuff that's too dark and am allergic to oranges).

Tubbs

[ 03. June 2013, 20:53: Message edited by: Tubbs ]

Hosts please say which continent you are on. I do not need more details but as I do not want to have to change your sendee because I guessed wrongly.

Jengie

Posted by Kelly Alves (# 2522) on :

Hoody -hoo!

I like chocolate, caramel and toffee, and any combination thereof-- I like most nuts except walnuts,(almonds and hazelnuts favorites) and I live in North America somewhere.

Posted by Smudgie (# 2716) on :

Oooooh, do new hosties count? I only said "Yes" because I was in it for the chocolate (Though this last few days reading the sports threads in detail really must have counted as earning my keep!)

I am in the UK and am rather partial to chocolate - preferably white or milk (I can eat dark, but it's a bit of a chore), not fond of nuts and detest coconut. Any goodies gratefully received, though.

Now, I had better round up that penguin and see what's been happening with all the paschal gifts. I have been rather inundated with work and have lost track a little bit.

Posted by Doublethink (# 1984) on :

Oooh chocolate ! UK milk chocolate lover registering an interest. I especially like chocolate with nuts in.

[Big Grin]

(I really don't like spicy, so please no chilli chocolate.)

Posted by PeteC (# 10422) on :

Dark, the darker the better! [Yipee]

Caaanaaadddaaa, we love you

channels Bobby Gumby

[ 01. June 2013, 17:53: Message edited by: PeteC ]

Posted by Qoheleth. (# 9265) on :

I'm happy to send more-or-less anything more-or-less anywhere.

Posted by seasick (# 48) on :

Me please! [Yipee] I'm in the UK. Milk chocolate (optionally with nuts in) would be great.

Thanks,

seasick

Posted by Gwai (# 11076) on :

You'd think that after a couple years doing this, I'd stop being surprised to hear the chocolate thread is coming. Nope, still surprised. This place rocks.

Re location, I'm from the U.S. Love chocolates of all colors and kinds, though generally prefer simpler or carmellier types to kinds with spice, salt, or odd things.

Posted by FooloftheShip (# 15579) on :

Will send more or less anything more or less anywhere. Eventually.

Posted by jedijudy (# 333) on :

Oh! Chocorrit! Count me in, please! I live in Florida, and have bared my soul on the Chocolate thread in Heaven.

Posted by Spike (# 36) on :

Sounds great to me. I'm in the UK. Surprise me.

Posted by John Holding (# 158) on :

I'm in. In Canada, that is. And I looovve dark chocolate.

John

Posted by Adrienne (# 2334) on :

I'm happy to send to anywhere - and equally happy to be on a first, any subsequent or reserve list, whatever works best [Smile]

Posted by Telepath (# 3534) on :

I am in the UK and will send to anywhere. I am not proud.

Posted by Boogie (# 13538) on :

I'm in. I'll send anywhere too!

[Big Grin]

Posted by Pigwidgeon (# 10192) on :

I'd be happy to send something to any country -- but it has to be to someone who doesn't want chocolate. Chocolate sent from Arizona this time of year will be chocolate soup.

I can think of at least one host who will not want chocolate, whether he will post remains to be seen.

Jengie

Posted by Moo (# 107) on :

I would love some very dark chocolate. I live in the US.

Moo

Posted by Mamacita (# 3659) on :

Yes, please, chocolate for me, any kind as long as it isn't too bizarre. I live in the US.

Thanks for organizing this, Jengie Jon.

Posted by Zappa (# 8433) on :

Oh, yes ... bugger the diet

Oh ... I suppose "top dead centre" doesn't explain much. [Confused]

Think of a land full of crocodiles and poisonous snakes (and kangaroos).

Oh again ... and thanks, JJ [Axe murder]

Posted by TonyK (# 35) on :

Thanks for organising this, Jengie Jon!

Always happy [Big Grin] to receive chocolate - any sort but no nuts please. I live in the UK.

Posted by Deputy Verger (# 15876) on :

I was late last year because I didn't check in for a few weeks, so with the proviso that I could use a reminder by PM when I'm assigned a beneficiary, I am happy to send to anyone, anywhere: Alaska, Arizona, Australia... to name but a few!

Posted by Ariston (# 10894) on :

Sticking my nose in the trough! I'm North American, if that matters, and I like EVERYTHING, especially if it's unusual. That said, like many of the Begging Folk, I've mentioned a few things that I especially like on the Heavenly chocolate thread...

Posted by Huia (# 3473) on :

I'm in New Zealand and I'll post anywhere (I think I've finally located where the local chocolate shop moved to after their building was shaken to bits [Waterworks] .)

Can also post non chocolate items.

Thanks for organising this Jengie.

Posted by Mrs Shrew (# 8635) on :

Happy to send anything, preferably within the UK.

Posted by Emendator Liturgia (# 17245) on :

Yep, count me in too - also happy to send anything (well, almost) anywhere on planet Earth. Also, thanks JJ for arranging this - and reminding us of the cost benefit of internet business.

PS - as indicated below, I live in Norfolk UK. And thanks to Jengie for making the arrangements.

[ 02. June 2013, 08:47: Message edited by: Barnabas62 ]

Posted by M. (# 3291) on :

Would love to send an H or A a votive something, anywhere in the world (with a working postal system, anyway). I'm in UK.

M.

Posted by Pooks (# 11425) on :

I'm happy to send. Preferably to UK, but will send anywhere.

Posted by Dormouse (# 5954) on :

I'll send too...Happy to say "Thanks!". I'm in France, but will post anywhere. However, after July 1st I won't be able to send to anywhere (I'll be away working) so need to be in the first tranche of posters.

Posted by Sioni Sais (# 5713) on :

As a new host I'd like to send chocolate to an Admin or a co-host. If anyone would like to send some interesting cheese* my way, I'd be very appreciative (Bear in mind I'm in the UK so check food import/export laws).

*Jengie Jon - right after all?

Posted by North East Quine (# 13049) on :

I will send anywhere.

Posted by Heavenly Anarchist (# 13313) on :

Happy to send, preferably UK.

Posted by Chorister (# 473) on :

Having been a recipient for several years, I'm now very happy to be a sender (or reserve sender) to an address in the UK.

Posted by Jigsaw (# 11433) on :

I'm in. Thanks, JJ. Happy to send to anywhere.

quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
Having been a recipient for several years, I'm now very happy to be a sender (or reserve sender) to an address in the UK.

I was gonna check with the crew but 1. There's precedent and 2.I'm an Admin, dammit. You only retired this year, Chorister, so feel free to join in!

Pete, that goes for you, too! You're on the roster, so don't feel shy!

[ 03. June 2013, 00:15: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

Already done, Kelly.

Whoops, I misread something.

Posted by orfeo (# 13878) on :

Oh, what a lovely idea. However, if anyone wants to send some kind of sacrificial offering to this hell host, i won't be back home in Australia until the 2nd week of August. So it would either have to wait or be something that will last.

Posted by Firenze (# 619) on :

I'll join the line. But NOT chocolate.

Posted by Marvin the Martian (# 4360) on :

CHOCOLATE!

Oh, it's the most wonderful time of the year!

Happy to receive anything from anywhere. My favourites include milk and dark chocolate, but also strong cheese, hot chillis and single malt whisky. As Mars may be a long way to send stuff I'm happy to use my UK address instead.

Do not send nuts if you value your continued participation on these boards. Think I'm joking? Try it.

Oh, and RooK said I could have his allocation this year. His actual words were "sod off you Martian bastard", but I'm sure he meant "yeah, sure" [Smile]

1) I say all hosts and admins who have served in the last year. I rely on honesty of former hosts and admins. However on those grounds Chorister can be in. If she wants to both send and receive she can join Sioni Sais in doing this.

2)I am sorry Marvin, but I do not believe you. Sorry but if Rook wants his chocolate sent to you then he better post that on this thread.

3)Orfeo I will count you in but may select your sendee so that they can do it.

Jengie

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:

No one could accuse Pete of being shy [Roll Eyes] And to be fair he hasn't been backward in filling in for others when needed.

He's a kind of SuperHost going where he's needed most.

Huia - not so much a poet as a rhymester

Posted by Cottontail (# 12234) on :

Having at last joined the ranks of wage-earners, I would be very glad to send chocolate or whatever to one of the hosts or admins, in grateful thanks for what is now 6 YEARS [Ultra confused] of deck-based fun. Count me in!

Originally posted by Marvin:
quote:
single malt whisky.
I can send a miniature of single malt from my local distillery; it's quite a small distillery so it's unlikely anyone'll have heard of it.

Posted by kingsfold (# 1726) on :

Glen Garioch?

We could join forces if I can find one from my local distillery as well (Auchentoshan for the record).

Anyhow, I'd be up to send anything anywhere in the world.

Posted by Chorister (# 473) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Jengie Jon:
1) I say all hosts and admins who have served in the last year. I rely on honesty of former hosts and admins. However on those grounds Chorister can be in. If she wants to both send and receive she can join Sioni Sais in doing this.

That's very kind of you, Jengie (and Kelly [Big Grin] ), but I've been very fortunate in receiving several years' worth of chocolate now. So I'd rather not receive any more, but am very happy to send / be on the reserve list, whichever is best for you.

Posted by Ariel (# 58) on :

I'm in the UK and have a weakness for dark chocolate - just not G&B's. I tend to go slowly on it so small quantities are fine. I like plain chocolate but also find it hard to resist mint, ginger or orange. Unfortunately anything with toffee, caramel or hard nuts has to be off the list.

Thanks very much!

Posted by comet (# 10353) on :

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!

Ahem.... may I please take part, too?

I'm in the north of the north of North America.. (actually, just moved to the south of the north... nevermind)

I love quality chocolates, especially dark chocolates. Also a big fan of very good coffee (bit of a snob) and like Marvin, I'm a lover of single malt scotch, though I also love certain whiskey blends. I love ginger and spices and I cook everything from scratch, so interesting local ingredients (herbs/spices etc) very welcome.

more important than all of that, I ADORE getting interesting regional specialities from far away places. so find me your local speciality of whatever. Tea? syrup? chile? I'll love it all.

Am I being greedy? who cares. BRING IT ON!

(I should have known Marvin had no nuts. it's okay, I have enough for the both of us. [Big Grin] )

PS - cilantro is of the devil. don't even think about it.

oh geez most important - no gluten!

quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:

No one could accuse Pete of being shy [Roll Eyes] And to be fair he hasn't been backward in filling in for others when needed.

He's a kind of SuperHost going where he's needed most.

Huia - not so much a poet as a rhymester

OK, I read something he said on the private boards and misapplied the comment I should have made there here. Please accept the apology I tried to make up thread.

[ 03. June 2013, 19:58: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

quote:
Originally posted by comet:

Am I being greedy? who cares. BRING IT ON!

Bless you for your orgiastic greed, Comet. I was feeling guilty for having specified anything.

And agreed about the local stuff-or anything that helps me think of which Shipmate I got what goody from ( I still treasure Ariston's tiny little hand-spun pot.)

Posted by Earwig (# 12057) on :

Happy to send anything, anywhere, as a mark of thanks.

Just a warning to anyone sending to the US - I may be wrong in saying this, but I have a nagging memory that you are not allowed to post any alcohol there. I may have misremembered, but it comes from a question I asked on here when I was going to send something to my brother there.

Huia

Somebody sent me a tiny little bottle of alcohol once, but they might have been Canadian.

quote:
(I should have known Marvin had no nuts. it's okay, I have enough for the both of us. [Big Grin] )

Oh, you and your nutty ways... [Razz]

quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
Just a warning to anyone sending to the US - I may be wrong in saying this, but I have a nagging memory that you are not allowed to post any alcohol there. I may have misremembered, but it comes from a question I asked on here when I was going to send something to my brother there.

Huia

that might have been me - here in AK (and I think, some other states) we have "dry" communities where it's illegal to have alcohol so shipping it in is a felony. I don;t think it;s generally illegal, though I may be wrong.

I hereby certify I do not live in a dry community.

If one is putting about Broad Hints, while I solicit neither chocolate nor alcohol ('nuff of both in the house tbh) - I do like chili powder and interesting spices/spice mixes. And have never been known to turn away an earring (pierced ears).

Posted by ArachnidinElmet (# 17346) on :

I'd be very happy to send someone a parcel (due to current financial constraints preferably in the UK).

quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
- I do like chili powder and interesting spices/spice mixes.

Didn't I bring you enough? [Waterworks]

[pointless aside]
quote:
I'm in the north of the north of North America.. (actually, just moved to the south of the north... nevermind)

I was thinking of this while hiking today (because my brain only focuses on pressing issues...) and my location description goes really something like this:

I live in the far north of the southeast of the northernmost part of the northwest, north america.

[/pointless aside]

as you were.

Posted by Edith (# 16978) on :

Happy to send. I'm in England

Posted by QLib (# 43) on :

Happy to send, preferably in the UK.

Posted by Welease Woderwick (# 10424) on :

Okay, I'm in but certainly NO CHOCOLATE or coffee or tea or similar [I think I'm the one Jengie talked about earlier and am seriously, seriously, seriously allergic to the above, despite loving them] - what I would value is a little something [postcards, etc.] from the place my sendee comes from.

I live in My Own Little Bit of Paradise, aka Kerala in southern India.

[ 05. June 2013, 07:32: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

Posted by Campbellite (# 1202) on :

While chocolate is the general currency of choice for hostly offerings, I also appreciate local specialties. [Smile]

East coast of North America.

Ta muchly.

Bumping up in case there are others who would like to send or receive.

Jengie

Posted by Leaf (# 14169) on :

It would be my privilege to honour the work of a host/admin (anywhere on the globe) with a token of appreciation.

If you want to make first allocation, please sign up in the next forty eight hours!

Jengie

Posted by la vie en rouge (# 10688) on :

Whoops I missed this til now...

I am happy to send a gift, preferably within Europe but can go further if necessary.

I'll be away from July 15th onwards.

First batch of senders have been agreed by hosts:

Leaf->Gwai
Boogie->Mamacita
M.->comet
kingsfold->Campbellite
Qoheleth.->PeteC
Pigwidgeon->Welease Woderwick
Pooks->Smudgie
Jigsaw->Doublethink
ArachnidinElmet->Sioni Sais
Edith->Firenze
la vie en rouge->Ariel

There are names with other hosts and a couple of hosts who need to clear their PM box before I can check their sendee. So this is just the start.

Jengie

Second Batch of allocations is now ready:

Emendator Liturgia ->Zappa
Huia ->orfeo
Lyda*Rose ->Kelly Alves
FooloftheShip ->jedijudy
Telepath ->Moo
Deputy Verger ->Ariston
Japes ->John Holding
Dormouse ->Barnabas62
Mrs Shrew ->Tubbs
Heavenly Anarchist ->seasick
Cottontail ->Spike
North East Quine ->TonyK
QLib ->Marvin the Martian

I will accept individuals who qualify still wanting to either receive(hosts and admins plus only) or send for another couple of weeks.

Jengie

Posted by Sir Kevin (# 3492) on :

I'd be happy to send chocolate to a recipient in the UK or Ireland if someone can put me on to an internet vendor in that part of the world.

Sir Kevin

Ever since Amorya sent me stuff from A Lot of Chocolate I have found them a good supplier of treats.

Jengie

Posted by Sir Kevin (# 3492) on :

OK, put me down for a sender.

One of the admins I sent chocolate to years ago is now a facebook friend as are many other English Shipmates!

Posted by la vie en rouge (# 10688) on :

Attempting to be first out of the blocks [Biased]

The goodies are bought and packed up. Hopefully I shall get them to La Poste tomorrow.

quote:
I will accept individuals who qualify still wanting to either receive(hosts and admins plus only) or send for another couple of weeks.

I doubt many of us will argue against a second round of allocations should there be more senders than Hosts/Admins [Smile]

Posted by Meg the Red (# 11838) on :

Came late to this thread, but I'd be happy to join round II - I'll gladly send anywhere, Mars included.

Marvin

Don't worry there are more senders than hosts. Not a huge number more but still more.

Jengie

Posted by cheesymarzipan (# 9442) on :

I missed this thread earlier but if there's still presents wanting I'd love to send to someone.

Posted by ArachnidinElmet (# 17346) on :

One parcel delivered to the Post Office, ready to be wheeched away to far(ish)-off places.

Sir Kevin, Meg the Red and Cheezymarzipan

I have added you to the list of senders for the second allocation.

Jengie

Posted by Pooks (# 11425) on :

My thanks offering is on its way. Just hope it arrives in a good state, given the warmth we've been having lately.

I also want to thank Jengie Jon for organizing this event. It's much appreciated. [Overused]

Campbellite, your PM box is full.

Any requests? Or definite no-nos? Or are you happy to take pot luck?

Posted by Ags (# 204) on :

Very late to the party, sorry. Would love to send anything anywhere. (Maybe not jam, though!)

Posted by dj_ordinaire (# 4643) on :

Now, how did I only just notice this? [Biased]

Would be happy to receive chocolate, anything nice appreciated!

Posted by Smudgie (# 2716) on :

Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooks [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
You are my favouritest person ever [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Thank you!!!!!!!!

(Still totally awed by the fact that the contents were precisely what I would have chosen had I been being extraordinarily self-indulgent)

Posted by Ariel (# 58) on :

A warm thanks to the wonderful la vie en rouge for the delightful little packet that arrived today, all the way from Paris.

I was delighted to receive the beautifully wrapped chocolate thank-you and the little dark chocolate Eiffel on a stick, and the black and white photo of old Paris has gone up on my office wall (it’s just the sort of photo I like, as you clearly guessed). Thank you very much again for your kind thoughtfulness!

Posted by Edith (# 16978) on :

Small box posted on Monday evening to England's neighbour in the North.

Received - but not opened. Bereaved friend staying at the moment, so doesn't feel like the right time. But something to look forward to.

I was unable to find a mail owl heading towards "1st on the right, straight on 'til morning," so I have entrusted my small parcel to the Postal Service.

Posted by Doublethink (# 1984) on :

Checking in to thank Jigsaw for some gorgeous chocolate - I am afraid temptation was extreme and I opened the Divine on the way back from the post office !

[Big Grin]

Happy DT

Aaaand worth waiting for - the prettiest earrings ever.

Posted by Qoheleth. (# 9265) on :

Posted [Cool]

Posted by Heavenly Anarchist (# 13313) on :

Posted mine on Thursday, hopefully it arrived today.

Posted yesterday, but unlikely to turn up quickly, as our wee Post Office sends stuff to the sorting office strapped to the back of a passing postal tortoise.

(Postmistress is super-helpful, though).

Posted by Dormouse (# 5954) on :

Mine is ready to post, but as requested, won't be going to the PO before 20th July. I'm off to the UK before then so it will be entrusted to MrD - I hope he can withstand the temptation!!!

Apologies I have not got around to the second allocation yet. Hopefully next weekend.

Jengie

QLib, you are awesome [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

If there's anyone you want banned, just let me know [Biased]

Shit. Now I want to send Marvin goodies...

Posted by Mrs Shrew (# 8635) on :

A bout of flu has delayed my sending (I was in bed all of last week) I am on course to post this weekend, sorry!

Pigwidgeon - You Are A Star!

Thanks so much for the book that arrived this morning - we ALL love it!

Posted by TonyK (# 35) on :

North East Quine

A very generous parcel of assorted goodies (nearly all chocolate) has arrived safely - many thanks, I'm sure it's much more than I deserve...

The non-chocolate 'Granny Sookers' sound intriguing - you say they will last as long as Presbyterian sermon! I'd better not try one in our Anglican Church then - I'll still be sucking it after the dismissal!!

My thanks again

(Edited to add - Postal Service clearly pretty good over the weekend - a jet assisted tortoise?)

[ 02. July 2013, 10:05: Message edited by: TonyK ]

Following on from TonyK's post to get from Hogwarts to Neverland in a week is pretty impressive going, too.

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Pigwidgeon - You Are A Star!

Thanks so much for the book that arrived this morning - we ALL love it!

I'm amazed that it arrived so quickly, but glad that you enjoyed it.
[Smile]

quote:
Shit. Now I want to send Marvin goodies...

What's stopping you? [Big Grin]

A non-chocolate parcel of Scottish goodness is on its way to Spike as of today. Should be there by the weekend.

Posted yesterday.

Posted by Moo (# 107) on :

I received a lovely package from Telepath today. I am looking forward to tasting the three kinds of dark chocolate.

Moo

With many thanks to Qoheleth. for his carefully chosen and delightful package.

Posted by Gwai (# 11076) on :

I knew Leaf was a valuable shipmate from her posts I have read Purgatory and Hell. After that package, I am fully persuaded that she is both generous and has swell taste!

Seriously, the dreamcatcher is great and already has a hanging spot. The glass Inukshuk is absolutely gorgeous. My daughter took one look at the polar bear and said "EEEEEEEE!" *hug!*

(The chocolate looks to be of inarguably tasty, but I have of yet refrained from eating it.)

You got Leaf? Where's that jealous smilie got to?

Waves at Leaf

<waves back, embarrassed> Glad you liked it, Gwai. Thank you for hosting.

Posted by Tubbs (# 440) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Mrs Shrew:
A bout of flu has delayed my sending (I was in bed all of last week) I am on course to post this weekend, sorry!

It's arrived!!! [Yipee] Thank you for the chocolate, beautiful soap, pretty paper things (now on the dressing table) and the lovely card. Really generous, am most touched.

Tubbs

[ 10. July 2013, 20:56: Message edited by: Tubbs ]

Posted by Spike (# 36) on :

Thanks Cottontail for the bottle of stuff which appears to be in good working order!

Excellent! [Big Grin]

Posted by seasick (# 48) on :

Thanks, Heavenly Anarchist for a lovely parcel of things [Smile]

Tacky bit of Londinia and some fairly fabulous chocolate is winging its way to Washington by now...

or thereabouts, but I went for alliteration, obviously.

Apologies parental situation is precluding me doing the second allocation at present, if, when I get time I will do it honestly. So more chocolate sending to come.

Jengie

Should check in and say that Campbellite's tribute should be on the way. I had a bit of a fight getting it ordered, but I've just had an email to say it's been dispatched... (fingers crossed)

Very much delayed thank-you pressie for Comet will be on its way on Monday.

Sorry it's taken so long!

M. (votive offering also from Macarius)

No worries, M! I can have patience, if I must. [Biased]

Kingsfold- did you find a retailer of Cat Steaks for Cambpy?

Posted by Mamacita (# 3659) on :

A great big parcel arrived this afternoon, full of chocolate truffles (which I tore into immediately -- divine!!), two rich-looking varieties of dark chocolate, and some white chocolate too! Many, many thanks to Boogie for such a delectable gift!

quote:
posted by comet:
Kingsfold- did you find a retailer of Cat Steaks for Cambpy?

I did try, but given the distance, it needed to be shipped on the claw (so to speak) and Customs were none-too-happy about that....

Oi, Campbellite! Any sign of arrival at your end?

John Holding, your parcel will be on the way tomorrow!

Apologies for the delay... but it stands a better change of arriving un-melted now the weather is a little cooler.

Thanks, Japes. I was beginning to wonder, but all is well.

John

Posted by Ariston (# 10894) on :

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It's not every day you get a package with a return address that doesn't even bother with a street, since it came from Somewhere Really Cool. That label alone is pretty darn nifty...but the wind-up taxi (I think my rubber sheep from a previous Ship gift exchange may get to ride in/on it) and CHOCORRIT? Oh Sweet Chocorrit. Mine. All Mine. Not sharing. If you'll excuse me, I think I've found it in my heart to read both the cricket thread and Mornington Crescent and not be bothered by either.

Yay! Thanks again, DV!

[Yipee]

M. - I love you and wanna have your babies.

coolest gift EVER.

Seriously.

picture this - midsummer hot - not like we normally get, but like OTHER PEOPLE GET. this land of storms is not giving an inch of wind, rain, nuttin'. We've gone past pleasantly hot to STANKY. and I work (temporarily) in a freaking landfill. hot+old poop and pizzas and spilled beer, etc. writ large.

I go to work this morning and one of the neighborhood bears (grizzly) had torn a giant hole in the wall, come on in, and tore through the trash. (our trash is kept indoors in a large warehouse specifically for this problem) So duty number one was cleaning up after Buddy Bear. then repairing the wall. Then dealing with the compost. which stinks. A LOT. and I had hot, cranky customers all day. people with 'tude. in the stinkiest place in town. in a hot goddamn warehouse full of hot, smelly trash. and I won't give you details, but I'm now currently wearing a portion of that stink. (don't I sound sexy now?)

and when I'm not dealing with asshole customers, I'm doing the bookkeeping. I AM NOT A MATH PERSON. People, this is what hell looks like.

So I come home with grouch in neon on my forehead, to a package from the UK. inside, there is a gift, wrapped in an old map of the british isles. inside the wrapping (hell yes I saved it) is a set of more maps with personal notations, and a BOOK.

People, M MADE ME A BOOK. I said I wanted something representing where the sender was from, and I got a freaking personalized book full of pictures of where she lives and what it's like there. It's like Midsomer. (sorry, but that's my only reference point.) It's all green and glorious and so not what my life was like today. and I might have got a little misty. maybe. just a little.

And, foolish woman, you've now given me everything I need to someday show up on your doorstep begging a spot on the couch. Don't worry, budget won't allow it any time soon. and I'll bring salmon.

thank you so much. coolest gift ever. Free reign in Hell, missy. go at it. rip someone to shreds. the hosts won't see a thing....

[Axe murder]
comet

Sorry Orfeo - I'm back and your gift is coming.

Huia

Huia

He asked for it to be only sent in August, you are NOT late.

Jengie

Glad you liked it Comet.

It may look like Midsomer but we didn't see any murders when we were out that day!

M. (& Macarius, who was principal photographer, so should be mentioned)

it was awesome! I've been showing it off to the fam.

is Macarius the other person in the photo on the back?

PS - we all want to go live in Dorking. what are people from there called? there's gotta be a t-shirt or something. [Big Grin]

[ 03. August 2013, 20:24: Message edited by: comet ]

Many thanks to Dormouse for my lovely gifts! Just arrived this morning, as arranged because of our holidays. Very much appreciated.

[Hot and Hormonal] Dear me... the road to You-Know-Where seems to be littered with my good intentions this month so far.

I'm really sorry, John, life intervened, and I ended up going nowhere near a post office before today! The package also made it into the post van before I left the post office, so I know it's started on its way.

quote:
Huia

He asked for it to be only sent in August, you are NOT late.

Jengie

That's what I said!

Posted by Campbellite (# 1202) on :

quote:
Originally posted by kingsfold:
Oi, Campbellite! Any sign of arrival at your end?

Effusive apologies for overlooking this. Yes, It arrived safe and sound, just as I was heading out of town.

Mrs. Campbellite (aka LadyRev, though she almost never posts) loves the print of old town Edinburgh, and it will be suitably framed and hung in her office.

And the cat steaks were exceptional.

Phew - glad to hear the cats didn't entirely escape the packaging. I thoroughly recommend duck tape. Even acts as a fur remover... [Devil]

Also glad the LadyRev enjoyed the poster.

Huia! My waistline may curse you if I'm not careful, but my taste buds are completely in love with you. [Big Grin]

And thank you for solving next year's calendar-buying as well. Very interesting!

Is happy girl. Is having chocolate. Is in fact having best chocolate on planet (I LOVE See's, Lyda!)

And for the nice shiny star card, with the kind note. [Big Grin] Very tickled.

Posted by Lyda*Rose (# 4544) on :

I'm glad that you are enjoying it!

My mom's birthday is tomorrow, so we split it fifty-fifty. I gave her the dark (her favorite) and I kept the milk. Exponentially increased the happiness in the house. [Big Grin]

Japes --

Package arrived safely and was much enjoyed. Very many thanks.

John

© Ship of Fools 2016