Thread: Dark Knight is heading East: Melbourne meet, November 24th or 25th Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=026351

Posted by Mullygrub (# 9113) on :

Melbourne shippies, listen up!

Our dearest conflicted (ambivalent? Definitely ambiguous at any rate, if the latest film adaptations are anything to go by) superhero of the night's watch, the West's own Dark Knight, be coming to Melbskies for a work conference or a crime-fighting spree or a faith healing seminar or somesuch.

Anyway.

Let's meet! Why not? Indeed.

Knighty will be city-based for his week's stay, so feel free to nominate some food place or other within the grid for our festivities. Although, we could also consider one of the many delightful breweries around and about, as I've heard tell that DK likes hisself a drops of good beers every nows and then.

SO! To detailing this beeyartch:

Sunday night 24th November
OR
Monday night 25th November
?

For dinner, probs. Yeah? Yeah.

Who's in, kidlets? Fun Melbourne times [Yipee]

Posted by Dark Knight (# 9415) on :

Thanks, Mully.
Who are the Mexican shippies, anyhow?

quote:
Who are the Mexican shippies, anyhow?
Not sure, Knighty. You'll have to head on over to the Mexico thread, I guess.

[Biased] [Big Grin]

So, are there any shipmates in Melbourne or not? Speak up!

Posted by Patdys (# 9397) on :

Flying or driving?
Adelaide may be at your level or a long way beneath you.

Sorry, Pat, flying over Adelaide. Next time I'm in the city of churches, I'll let you know.

Posted by Patdys (# 9397) on :

No sweat, Happy to wave as you pass overhead.

Looks like it's just you and me, Knighty, so far...

Posted by Mili (# 3254) on :

I might be able to make it. As far as I know I'm free on those days.

Posted by Mr Curly (# 5518) on :

I'm sure LaTA will be here any mo.

I'll keep an eye out for potential reasons to visit Melbourne at that time. Slim chance, but you never know.

mr curly.

Hi there, Mili!
Curls, it is always more than a pleasure to see you.
Anyone seen James the Confident around these parts?
Could I really meet the mythical LATA? My cup runneth over indeed. [Yipee]

quote:
Originally posted by Mili:
I might be able to make it. As far as I know I'm free on those days.

Huzzah!

And yes, JtheC and LatA being in attendance (along with your good self, Mr Curly, should the stars align for us) would be A Very Good Thing Indeed [Big Grin]

[eta: correct name of my learned friend [Hot and Hormonal] ]

[ 01. October 2013, 00:33: Message edited by: Mullygrub ]

Posted by Left at the Altar (# 5077) on :

Mythical LaTA reporting in.

Sheesh ... that's one bad week for me. I have to drive up to Canberra to bring Altargirl#1 back home after three years there that weekend, and then hold her 21st on the Friday after and then fly to Bangkok on the Saturday.

I am in demand!

Nevertheless, I will try my absolute bestest to come along and meet The Dark Knight. I might even where my cat woman suit.

Ok, I'm kidding about the cat woman suit. But only because I don't have one. Otherwise, I'd wear it.

Posted by Gee D (# 13815) on :

Surely there'll be somewhere in Bangkok you could buy a catsuit?

Probably. But sadly ex post facto.

And now that I think of it, I also have to pack Altarboy off to Africa for a month on the 26th and Altargirl#2 off to India on the 28th. I will be in need of therapy.

Posted by Gee D (# 13815) on :

Tried ebay?

Posted by Mr Curly (# 5518) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Gee D:
Tried ebay?

For the catsuit or the Altar-kinder?

mr curly

This is getting exciting now! [Yipee]
Anyone seen James the Confident around these parts? I may have to PM him if not.

Posted by James the Confident (# 9678) on :

Well hello. I will be in Perth in November, due back on the 29th at the latest so could certainly consider something on the 25th. Count me in tentatively and I'll see what I can do.

I'm in Geelong now but that counts as part of the Melbourne sprawl (unless you are a Geelongite!). [Big Grin]

Wo, James - you're in Perth? You wanna hang out with jugular, AdamPater, rexory, Evensong and me? Let me know, I will see what I can do.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Knight:
You wanna hang out with jugular, AdamPater, rexory, Evensong and me? Let me know, I will see what I can do.

So. Freaking. Jealous.

Yes DK, I am arriving sometime on the 11th of November and departing on the 18th. I will be busy one day (as yet unknown but I think the 16th) for a birthday party but can do stuff on any of the others, I'll work around you.

I'm looking forward to the drive, something I've always wanted to do. Now I have a reliable and economical car it is a dream soon to be realised!

I think I am arriving back in Geelong on the 24th and am not due back at work 'til the 1st of December, I hope we can do a Melbourne (or Geelong [Biased] ) meet.

P.S. Mullygrub, I have a spare seat in the car [Big Grin]

[ 04. October 2013, 08:22: Message edited by: James the Confident ]

Smack my thread up!
Where is this happening? I am staying at the Victoria Hotel, does that help?

The Melbourne people are a shy retiring lot ( [Two face] ) but with some encouragement should come out of hiding--I hope.

Posted by Rowen (# 1194) on :

Thursday night free in Melbourne, this coming week.... CBD but will have a car...
Anyone else free?

quote:
Originally posted by Rowen:
Thursday night free in Melbourne, this coming week.... CBD but will have a car...
Anyone else free?

[Disappointed] Sadly not, Rowen.....

As to Knighty's thing, did I read somewhere that one of us has a preference for the Sunday night? That would be the 24th...

I have a few venue suggestions:

Bar Hum Bug at Little Bourke and King for food and / or drinkies.

One of my freaking favourite pubs in Melbourne, though a little out of town: The Town Hall Hotel in North Melbourne. GREAT FREAKING BURGERS, MAN.

Or, if we prefer to be all class and simply meet for drinks and whatnot, the Transit Cocktail Lounge (top level) at Transport in Fed Square.

What say youse, my lovelies?

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

I'm in the hands of all of you. I will get in hopefully around 5pm on Sunday Nov 24.

How long will you be in Melbourne?

Up we go. [Big Grin]

Sorry James. In town for TASA. Leaving the following day.

Okay kids, let's swing this shit.

You know what? I've had a brainwave (duck quick): given that the weather will (HOPEFULLY -- c'mon, Ra!) have settled into a more predictable pattern of late-Spring/early-Summerness, and given Knighty's penchant for the fermented barley brew and whatnot, let's go with St Kilda's jewel of craft beer wonder and delight, The Local Taphouse.

PLUS they do seriously the MOST amazing triple-fried beer battered chips you will EVER have EVER.

ALSO, [shameless plug] The Local was the scene of the Season One opening and closing episodes of my friend's new craft beer show, Craft Beer Crusaders, which *cough* features your very own and much beloved *cough* Mullygrub in a couple of moments of her own particular brand of beer-fueled charm and wit [Big Grin] [/shameless plug]

Taking into account when the Dark one's flight gets in, shall we meet at 7.00pm? There's a "beer garden" deck thing outside up on the top level -- let's meet there. Because it's great.

So:

Sunday 24th November
7.00pm
The Local Taphouse
184 Carlisle Street
ST KILDA EAST
upstairs on the deck thing.

Who be in?

I don't know what (or why) triple fried chips are, but I am happy to find out.

Holy crap, my friend.

Triple fried beer battered chips will make you believe in Santa.

As in, seriously. Ho fucking ho, get in mah belleh.

[ 06. November 2013, 21:29: Message edited by: Mullygrub ]

Smack!
Still on target?

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Knight:
Smack!
Still on target?

Well, I'll be there, so that's something.

....... anyone else coming along for the funsies?

I'll be along too. It will be good to meet you two and catch up with anyone else who can make it.

Looking forward to it, Mili [Yipee]
Who else?

Ah, I think it'll just be a merry party of three [Hot and Hormonal]

(JtheC can't make it)

Mili, I'll wear a big red flower in my hair so you'll know me [Big Grin]

Sorry to be a piker. We have to have Altarboy at the airport at 5am on Monday for a trip to Africa, so I'm going to be running around like a hairy goat. Have fun in my absence.

I'll look for the red flower tonight. I must say though it's really hard to explain shipmeets to my friends. They tend to look at me strangely when I say I'm having dinner with two people I never met!

My personal favourite is, "No, it's not that kind of website..." [Roll Eyes]

A lovely meet with Mili and Mully. Thanks, y'all! [Smile]

Thanks, it was fun. Sorry I had to leave so early. Hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Melbourne.

Ha! Mili, we weren't too far behind you, actually [Biased]

© Ship of Fools 2016