homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: What the world needs now is.... ME! to be its moral and theological guardian (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: What the world needs now is.... ME! to be its moral and theological guardian
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

- Posted      Profile for dyfrig   Email dyfrig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you! Thank you! No - really, thank you. I'm touched. No, really. I'd just like to say "thank you" to all of you who have appointed me to this position, and I hope to bring my enormously large store of humility to this difficult task.

If anyone has any queries on what the Church should be doing, just drop me a line. I will be issuing guidance on all manner of things every so often, but any individual quesitons you have - yes, even from you Rowan [Big Grin] - I will gladly deal with.

I love you all.

[ 10. March 2003, 01:27: Message edited by: Erin ]

--------------------
"He was wrong in the long run, but then, who isn't?" - Tony Judt

Posts: 6917 | From: pob dydd Iau, am hanner dydd | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Your Grace.

Could you make a point of telling people from other religious traditions that, rather than being part of the Body of Christ with a distinctive Christian witness to offer the Church, they and their beliefs are in fact the result of a category error.

I feel that this will help no end.

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9757 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Fr Dyfrig,

My 403(b) is fast approaching worthless, as it's now worth less than half of what I've invested in it so far. When I jump to my death from the top of the Independent Life building, should I wear bright colors or neutrals in preparation for the tasteful ECUSA funeral?

[ 24 July 2002, 13:47: Message edited by: Erin ]

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

- Posted      Profile for dyfrig   Email dyfrig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gladly, Professor.

[clears throat]

I say - you lot. Yes, you, you people from other religious traditions. Rather than being part of the Body of Christ with a distinctive Christian witness to offer the Church, you and your beliefs are in fact the result of a category error.

Did that help?

Dearest Erin,

This is a tricky one. My primary worry is that it'll all eventually be a rather splattery red whatever it started out as. Might I suggest something plain, not too ostentatious, so that you can get the full, deep effect of the crimson? Either that or something in greenspan.

--------------------

Posts: 6917 | From: pob dydd Iau, am hanner dydd | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
simon 2
Shipmate
# 1524

- Posted      Profile for simon 2     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Sir
I most humbly ask for clarification on the point of other religous traditions. Are we speaking of other religous traditions within the broad spectrum of Christian belief or are we speaking of other demon worshiping faiths, or both.

Sorry to waste your time with such a triffling question sir.

Many thanks
Simon

ps.If I may make a suggestion to Erin, when you jump rap your body in cling film, then the clothes you wear will come out unstained and you will buried just as you landed. Alternatively in the spirit of true christian charity you could save the police time by zipping yourself into a body bag before you jump.

--------------------
sorry for my spelling and bad gramma

Posts: 495 | From: in a forest | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you muchly for your advice, both of you, I shall take it under advisement.

quote:
Originally posted by simon 2:
Dear Sir
I most humbly ask for clarification on the point of other religous traditions. Are we speaking of other religous traditions within the broad spectrum of Christian belief or are we speaking of other demon worshiping faiths, or both.

Silly boy, other religious traditions within the broad spectrum of Christian belief are in fact other demon worshiping faiths.

--------------------

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

Mr 2,

You are in error.....we speak of faith....we do not believe in denominations.....(first contact? Who knows [Big Grin] )..........

Sorry, where was I?

Oh yes. All non-Christians are going to Hell, obviously, except the ones that make us feel uncomfortable about our failings as Christians, who we will grudgingly let in.

--------------------

Alaric the Goth
Shipmate
# 511

- Posted      Profile for Alaric the Goth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I AM NOT WORTHY!
O moral and theo-thingummy Guardian of the World, am I to go to Bradford Forster Square tonight, as if I go to Interchange, perchance it may be that I find myself catching the same train as thee, and thou wouldst look on my sorry and sinful, pitiful and pathetic countenance, and I wouldst tremble at Thy (grovelling apologies for not capitalising all the pronouuns that refer unto Thee) perfection, your Guardianship-ness?

And how can I deign to address thee (sorry, Thee) in so verbiose a manner, thereby wasting Thy precious time? Sorry, Apologies, Grovelling.

Posts: 3322 | From: West Thriding | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh great, majestic one, what advice would you give to Rowen ...? I await your wisdom even though I know that I am not worthy to dust the very pavement you walk upon

Leaves the thread, walking backwards and bowing ....

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

O Sad Pathetic Goth-type Person,
As you would turn into an heap of bodily fat and faesces at the mere approach of my holiness unto Bradford city centre, I suggest to you walk to Huddersfield and get the train from there.

And as for the usurper Etheredge, who now appears to think that this is HER thread for dishing out advice, may I point out that whilst we are all Shipmates, baptised as we are into the same Simon, only some are Hosts, only some are Admins, and only some are Guardians of the Moral and Theological Fabric of the Space-Time Continuum, so take that look off your face, I can see through your smile, (dum-dum-dum-dum-dum) I bet you didn't sleep good last nig-- anyway, you get my point. Get your own position of universal authority, Scarlet.

--------------------

dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

quote:
Originally posted by Mrs Tubbs:
what advice would you give to Rowen

Shave, Taffy. The faux-Orthodox look ain't fooling anyone.

--------------------

clare
Contributing Editor
# 17

- Posted      Profile for clare   Email clare   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Sir,

I think I heard you speak on this subject before, but I'd like you to clarify the matter. Am I correct in stating that everyone engauged in what one may loosly term 'culture' (especially, that dangerous subset called 'Contempory Culture') is indeed doomed in body, mind and spirit?

Thanking you.

Clare

Posts: 2317 | From: edge of the peak district | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
simon 2
Shipmate
# 1524

- Posted      Profile for simon 2     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Could I have some clarification on the culture issue? are we speaking of the arts or of Greek style dairy products?

--------------------
sorry for my spelling and bad gramma

Posts: 495 | From: in a forest | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

quote:
Originally posted by clare:
Am I correct in stating that everyone engauged in what one may loosly term 'culture' (especially, that dangerous subset called 'Contempory Culture') is indeed doomed in body, mind and spirit?

Attention, everybody! Please look at the above question. The fact that such a stupid and ignorant thing needs to be asked in the first place is Proof Positive of the Failure of the Comprehensive Education System and other such ideas.

Clare,

How many times do we need to go through these things? Look, at the bottom line this is how you adjudge whether a church has lost contact with Tradition.

Does the church ape the styles of the host culture? If yes, then the Church is doomed UNLESS it happens to ape the host Roman culture circa AD450, in which case it is the pure presentation of the Gospel as handed down by Jesus himself to the Apostles.

--------------------

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
O Great and Wondrous One,

On the eve of such an auspicious day as tomorrow wilt be, how should I prepare myself?

Shuld I get anointed with oils, prayed over by my church, what?

Help me please,

Viki

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Alaric the Goth
Shipmate
# 511

- Posted      Profile for Alaric the Goth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
posted by the All-wise Moral and Theological Guardian of the western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy:
quote:
the Church is doomed UNLESS it happens to ape the host Roman culture circa AD450,
But what if my church were to be based on the host Gothic culture of that era? Is there any hope for it?

[And I gladly take up Thy treasured words of advice, and will set out for the Field of Hudred forthwith. A Pilgrimage it will be unto me, for I am, as thou sayest, but fat and dung when compared to Thee.]

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And what does Lady Frin think of all this? [Ultra confused]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
And what does Lady Frin think of all this? [Ultra confused]

She probably knows who is really in charge [Snigger]

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

- Posted      Profile for Beenster   Email Beenster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is the most meaningful question that you will ever be asked but can you tell me: does my bum look big in this?
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We can't see your bum, but your head certainly looks huge - and what about that nasty orange lump on top....?

oops, sorry Dyfrig, took over there for a moment. Was thinking that the name 'Rowan' meant a woman could be in charge....... [Cool]

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Feeling a little persnickety today, are we? Haven't we already had this thread?

Reader Alexis

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dammit. I sleep in late ONE morning and wake up to find yet another theological Agony Aunt has set up shop in Hell.

{grumble gritch}

You, Moral and Theological Wazzits of the Universe or Bumbleton or wherever: I EXPECT 20% and I won't tolerate lateness.

And if the "conversation" degenerates to the level of dreck that usually happens when neurotic people seek advice of self-proclaimed messiahs, then the tithe goes up to 25%. I have to read all this stuff because it's my job, afterall. You are contributing to my work load with your wit. And haven't you figured out yet that the only wit I tolerate around here is my own?

tomb

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alaric the Goth
Shipmate
# 511

Your Dyfrigness,
Can you help with interpreting this dream I have?

I am sailing across miles of ocean, on a quest to find Princess Leia, and, in a terrible storm, the vessel is shipwrecked. I somehow get ashore, and find myself in a strange, hot land, where the people say that they have chosen a shrub to be in charge. Also, they must fight lots of people, including a sad man (I think that is what they say – their tongue is strange to my ears). I ask them why they chose rule by a shrub, and they set this fierce crocodilian reptile on me, which proceeds to bite my head off. They place me in a dark sarcophagus, from which there is no escape. But then a long-haired woman, wielding a lightsaber, stands before me and restores my life, whilst music of a church-organ plays. What does this mean?

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

quote:
Originally posted by Dyfrig:
And as for the usurper Etheredge, who now appears to think that this is HER thread for dishing out advice, may I point out that whilst we are all Shipmates, baptised as we are into the same Simon, only some are Hosts, only some are Admins, and only some are Guardians of the Moral and Theological Fabric of the Space-Time Continuum, so take that look off your face, I can see through your smile, (dum-dum-dum-dum-dum) I bet you didn't sleep good last nig-- anyway, you get my point. Get your own position of universal authority, Scarlet.

I humbly beg your forgiveness, O Exalted and Wise One. I merely tried to lighten your workload by pointing out the obvious false dichotomy.

--------------------

Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Your Serenity,

I fear that as an attorney, I am doomed to turn on the spit of Asmodeus while being seared by thousands of tiny homonculi waving my life's handiwork (assorted summary judgment motions, motions to compel, motions to quash, motions to squish, memoranda in support of motions to squish, etcetera) page by burning page underneath me. I am also an Episcopalian. What must I do to reach salvation?

Yr. Obt. Humble Svt.

[codeless wonder]

[ 24 July 2002, 16:38: Message edited by: Laura ]

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

quote:
Originally posted by Alaric the Goth:
Your Dyfrigness,
Can you help with interpreting this dream I have?

I am sailing across miles of ocean, on a quest to find Princess Leia, and, in a terrible storm, the vessel is shipwrecked. I somehow get ashore, and find myself in a strange, hot land, where the people say that they have chosen a shrub to be in charge. Also, they must fight lots of people, including a sad man (I think that is what they say – their tongue is strange to my ears). I ask them why they chose rule by a shrub, and they set this fierce crocodilian reptile on me, which proceeds to bite my head off. They place me in a dark sarcophagus, from which there is no escape. But then a long-haired woman, wielding a lightsaber, stands before me and restores my life, whilst music of a church-organ plays. What does this mean?

My recommendation is less coffee ... but what do I know. I am merely a woman

Tubbs

--------------------

Hull Hound
Shipmate
# 2140

- Posted      Profile for Hull Hound   Email Hull Hound   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You're all being twats.

--------------------
ahhh ... Bisto!

Posts: 1167 | From: Hull | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This from the man who started a thread devoted to how much he didn't care about the death of the Queen Mother.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The world is in safe hands.

I'll have a double Semprini and a pair of idolatrous bollocks.

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

Suggested music for Dyfrig's enthronement:

'If I ruled the world.......'

'Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble........'

'I'm Hennery the eighth, I am, I am.....'

[Ultra confused] [Paranoid]

--------------------

dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

"Twat" am I, Mr Hound?

Well, some people called Adolf Hitler a twat.

Some people called Josef Stalin a twat.

Some people called Michael Portillo a twat.

....And, admittedly, they were/are twats, but that's not my point.

My point is this - I am the Guardian of the Moral and Theolgical Fabric of the Space-Time ContinuumTM, and you're not.

Yeah, I thought that would shut you up.

Now, to the post-bag....[stunned pause at getting an apology out of Erin. Slight delay as GotMaTFoftSTC gets off floor and climbs back onto chair].....

The Boy Gothic: you are clearly having fantasies about Carrie Fisher's bush. You are a husband and father; stop this immediately.

sarkycow - I suggest you read the Second Book of Esdras. This will answer all your questions.

Beenster - aren't you the one who didn't know how to pronounce "Bastard" a few weeks ago? Hmmm......yes it does. But I suspect your bum would look big in anything smaller than the Milky Way.

Hail Coot - at least someone has been paying attention. Now that that Ambulance fraudster has been elected to Canterb- (oops! Probably shouldn't have said that) you are welcome to be my acolyte and vicar on earth. For a fee, obviously.

--------------------

Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Your Serenity,

I once again implore your answer to my humble question. Or perhaps I have my answer. I am unworthy of the notice of such a being as the GotMaTFoftSTC.

Sincerely,
Doomed One

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

Alright, already!

Yadda, yadda, yadda....

quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
an attorney,.... also an Episcopalian.

Oh poor, sweet, misguided child! Not only are you a member of the True Church, you are alos one of the Elect! Consider yourself blessed! And comfort yourself wiht the following holy words of St Leo of Blessed Memory:

An anaesthatist, a surgeon, an engineer and a lawyer were gathered to gether in one place to answer the question "What is God like?"

And the anaesthatist said, "God is like an anaesthatist, for with gentleness and just the right amount of gas he put Adam to sleep in order to take Eve from his side."

"No!" cried the surgeon "God is like a surgeon, who with delicate hands opened up Adam's side and brought out the rib, and left no scarring."

Then the Engineering intervened, "Oh fools! God is much more like an Engineer, looking at the chaos and seeing in their patterns and workings and thus bringing forth Order!"

"Indeed," said the lawyer. "And who do you think created the chaos?"

--------------------

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs Tubbs:
Oh great, majestic one, what advice would you give to Rowen ...? I await your wisdom even though I know that I am not worthy to dust the very pavement you walk upon

Leaves the thread, walking backwards and bowing ....

Tubbs

Ooooer, excitment plus! This may have been an innocent typo - Rowen instead of Rowan.....

OR it may be a sign!

You see, my name here is Rowen!

So, oh Great One, can you give me some advice?

Um, about anything really.... the posted request is so general.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
O Holy One.

Seeing as I have not had sex for nearly 3 and a half years now is it you I write to to get my virginity back?

P

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pyx_e, perhaps you should be petitioning the GotMaTFoftSTC to set you up with a date instead? [Big Grin]

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9515 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Um, Dyfrig Your Highness, I thought that "the elect" could be from any church...that that term refers only to those "who were chosen before the foundations of the world", right [Devil] ? It doesn't just refer to the ONE church..of which I am not a member of...we are all brothers and sister in Christ. [Sunny] weeeeeeeeeee

Please do me a favor and set me straight...I know I need your assistance and guidance, I am just another Calivinst on this road of life. Please be gentle with me...

[at poster's request, inserted a smilie. First time I've ever used one of those things. I feel so dirty.]

[ 25 July 2002, 16:07: Message edited by: tomb ]

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

quote:
Originally posted by duchess:
I am just another Calivinst on this road of life. Please be gentle with me...

A Calvinist asking for gentle? Ha! For gentle, seek ye the Unitarians (Theme Song: Somehow in the great Somewhere)

--------------------

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Great One

How does your position as Guardian of the Moral and Theological Fabric of the Space-Time ContinuumTM fit in with your position as Ship's Toilet Cleaner?

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Suggested music for Dyfrig's enthronement:

'If I ruled the world.......'

'Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble........'

'I'm Hennery the eighth, I am, I am.....'

[Ultra confused] [Paranoid]

"If I only had a brain" (from The Wizard of Oz).

Reader Alexis

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
Great One

How does your position as Guardian of the Moral and Theological Fabric of the Space-Time ContinuumTM fit in with your position as Ship's Toilet Cleaner?

Moo

Easy! Look who Dyfrig is modelling himself on......
He who is last shall be first.
The least shall be the greatest, the greatest shall be the least.
The humble shall be lifted high.
etc, etc, etc.

Isn't it fitting that the lowliest ship's toilet cleaner should become the mighty chosen one: GotMaYaddyyaddySTC?

--------------------

Basket Case
Shipmate
# 1812

- Posted      Profile for Basket Case   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
from mousethief:
quote:
Haven't we already had this thread?

Yeah, let's call it a tradition!
Posts: 1157 | From: Pomo (basket) country | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
Great One

Moo

Probably is one of the most important jobs in any household [Big Grin]

Tubbs

--------------------

dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:

I ... had sex ... 3 and a half years ... back

Well, there's no need to boast about, young man. Always bear in mind that some people aren't so fortunate and let this be a lesson in humility to you.

duchess - Calvin was a lawyer, was he not? Read, mark and inwardly digest.

And the rest of you - did they recognise the Son of God in the Man of Sorrows? No! Did they notice Christ coming back as someone called Matilda in South London in 1977? Of course they didn't! Take heed.

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

So, Dyfrig, your royal highly lowliness (or should it be the other way around?), are you ready to take your place as Archbishop of Wales now that Rowan is moving on? Your country needs you - for your intellect, your wit, your Welshness, and your servant humility as toilet cleaner.
Attaboy!

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

And, in your role as big chief GotMaWotsits, please answer my urgent question: We have been informed from the highest authority that heaven is corrupted. Now what do we all do? [Help]

--------------------

dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

quote:
And, in your role as big chief GotMaWotsits, please answer my urgent question: We have been informed from the highest authority that heaven is corrupted. Now what do we all do? [Help]

This point has already been answered in the Fourth Vision of Fatima (the one about the goat).

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

Thanks, that was as clear as mud. Next time I have a really pressing question that I want answered clearly, I will call an ambulance (Rev.G.Ambulance to be precise.........)

--------------------

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Your Highlikeness, I will begin reading at once. You knowledge is terrifying.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Blue
Shipmate
# 3067

- Posted      Profile for Blue     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear GuardianOfMothFabric and stuff

Please would you let us know the names of the people who appointed you to your lofty posish so that we can give them a hearty vote of thanks.

Ta gratefully,

Mr Blue

Posts: 113 | From: sunk without trace | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016