homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Christmas in Hell (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Christmas in Hell
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Merriam-Webster defines shore as "the land bordering a usually large body of water; specifically : COAST". Britannica defines it as "broad area of land that borders the sea."

Rivers don't have shores.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I love it when the Denizens accuse each other of pedantry. It's like the girls at the Caddilac Ranch calling each other sluts.

Oh and Gort? Don't your hindquarters still smart from the last time you coughed up a chunk of copyrighted material in Hell?

[sing-song]Gort's gonna get it... Gort's gonna get it...[/sing-song]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Somebody close this damn thread. It's gone all to Hell.
Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:

Awww... crap.

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[HELLHOST]

As a handy reminder*, posters** are actively discouraged*** from including copyright material****.

* handy reminder = for the last fucking time

** posters = you mentally colicky shit for brains

*** actively discouraged ~ if it happens again I'm going to grate off your fingers with a cheese grater by starting at your feet

**** copyright material = stuff you didn't write yourself, moron

[/HELLHOST]

Personally, I'm hoping that Sarky will summarily delete all the posts that don't contribute to the central poem.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
Personally, I'm hoping that Sarky will summarily delete all the posts that don't contribute to the central poem.

How cute! You've mistaken this for a Heaven thread!

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grits
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
Trying desperately to salvage the original poem...

The demons were partying down in the lane
And leather-clad denizens danced in their pain
The tinsel was smouldering down in the grate
The rivers of fire were now in full spate
When Santa declared with a cancerous cough
"This is Christmas in Hell - Fluffy Bunnies FUCK OFF!"

Here's where we were.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:

Oh and Gort? Don't your hindquarters still smart from the last time you coughed up a chunk of copyrighted material in Hell?

Still, you have to question why anyone would trouble the lawyers with that sentimental pile of donkey cum. [Roll Eyes]

It reminds me of "oooh we chirpy chirpy cheep cheep." Deep (and I'm not jealous that the respective authors have made heaps of indulama (bux) out of the vacuous ditties. No. Not at all. [Disappointed] )

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Actually, Grits, Ags followed up my attempt with this:

quote:
Originally posted by Ags:
The bunnies were shaken, their fear was profound
They huddled in corners and stared at the ground.
A christmas tree fairy, her wings ripped to shreds,
Lay on top of a pile of vile severered heads.
Santa's boots shook the ground as he loomed overhead,
"This is Hell, little bunnies, and soon you'll be dead!"

But one little rabbit, still quaking with fear,
Said, "Dear Santa, don't kill us, not this time of year.
Just think of the angels and babe in a manger.
If you kill us your soul will be in real danger."
The denizens roared and the red fires blazed
On the cruel black knife in Santa's fist raised....

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Personally I think the thread disintegrating into pointless tangential bickering is the very essence of Christmas in Hell.

Gives it a real air of authenticity.

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mousethief:
quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
Uppity? I thought I was pretty much doing a little factual re-capping. A short review, as it were, of Jere's recent posts. Was I inaccurate in some way?

Just your megalomaniacal insistence that rivers don't have shores, in defiance of all logic and dictionaries. But hey don't let logic or common usage stop you. You're more fun that way.
Look, at least he was defending Laura Ingalls Wilder from Gutzywyk butchery. And he did point out the idiocy of typing, "but I can't check because I haven't got any books here" on a computer with internet access.

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
quote:
Originally posted by Mousethief:
quote:
Uppity? I thought I was pretty much doing a little factual re-capping. A short review, as it were, of Jere's recent posts. Was I inaccurate in some way?

Just your megalomaniacal insistence that rivers don't have shores, in defiance of all logic and dictionaries. But hey don't let logic or common usage stop you. You're more fun that way.
Look, at least he was defending Laura Ingalls Wilder from Gutzywyk butchery. And he did point out the idiocy of typing, "but I can't check because I haven't got any books here" on a computer with internet access.
Ya gotta admit, though, it is kinda cute how Sine suggested that I was just trying to stir up shit, then allowed himself to get all stirred up - as did several others.

If I had any idea what the central poem was, I might add something rude to it; however, Sarky, who started the thread, congratulated folks for cross-post poems, so maybe a shitty sort of stew is what is needed. Endless, pointless bickering may just remind folks of being home for the holidays.
Not me though; all my relatives are wonderful to be around, all of the time.

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Personally I think the thread disintegrating into pointless tangential bickering is the very essence of Christmas in Hell.

Gives it a real air of authenticity.

You make a good point.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremiah Gutzywuk:
all my relatives are wonderful to be around, all of the time.

You know how they say, "there's always one in every crowd"? Well, process of elimination made you its bitch this time, Jer.
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It would be quite rude of me to ignore Sine's suggestion that I use Google, and being rude is quite out of character for me.
Here, then is a Goggle search for river shores.
I particularly like the site anmed "Mississippi Solo: A River Quest", which discusses the alligators along the shores of the Mississippi so thanks for the suggestion, Sine.

[ 23. December 2005, 13:32: Message edited by: Jeremiah Gutzywuk ]

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

Bugger. That should be named, not anmed. So busy doing preview post on code that I missed preview post on spelling. I look near as silly as Sine at this point.

--------------------

Grits
# 4169

Goggle searches don't really count.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grits:
Goggle searches don't really count.

Would you find goggles in the Mississippi? Isn't it an awfully muddy river?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

This is just too easy. [Devil]

--------------------

Sine Nomine

# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Shore of the Mississippi" - 700 results on Google

"Banks of the Mississippi" - 131,000 results on Google

You do the math, big boy.

--------------------

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

quote:
"Shore of the Mississippi" - 700 results on Google

"Banks of the Mississippi" - 131,000 results on Google

You do the math, big boy.

If rivers don't have shores, as you have insisted, wouldn't that be 0 results, not 700?

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

Wow. Somebody has a freakish misunderstanding of the material available on the internet.
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

quote:
Wow. Somebody has a freakish misunderstanding of the material available on the internet.

RooK is an idiot - 95,900 results here kinda proves your point, does it not?
Did anyone bring a plate of brownies to this party?

[ 23. December 2005, 14:42: Message edited by: Jeremiah Gutzywuk ]

--------------------

beachpsalms
Shipmate
# 4979

- Posted      Profile for beachpsalms   Email beachpsalms   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Of course, Jeremiah, if you put the phrase in quotes, so that you are actually pulling up the phrase you typed in, you find out that RooK is a lesbian visiting Seattle... which result might make me question the validity of the search results.

(edited [by beachlass] for wonky code)

[Link reinserted]

[ 23. December 2005, 15:04: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
"You willing to die for that belief?"
"I am. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Posts: 826 | From: a hamster's cheek-pouch full of raisins | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

quote:
Originally posted by beachlass:
Of course, Jeremiah, if you put the phrase in quotes, so that you are actually pulling up the phrase you typed in, you find out that RooK is a lesbian visiting Seattle... which result might make me question the validity of the search results.

(edited for wonky code)

Questioning the validity of search results seemed to be exactly the point that Rook was making - in his idiotic way, of course.

Poetry, now, anyone?
Has anyone tried a Google search on Christmas poems?
"The Fight Before Christmas", perhaps?

--------------------

beachpsalms
Shipmate
# 4979

- Posted      Profile for beachpsalms   Email beachpsalms   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
going from Ags
quote:
But one little rabbit, still quaking with fear,
Said, "Dear Santa, don't kill us, not this time of year.
Just think of the angels and babe in a manger.
If you kill us your soul will be in real danger."
The denizens roared and the red fires blazed
On the cruel black knife in Santa's fist raised....

In bunnies and lapins and rabbits it plunged
And all of the fluffiness soon was expunged
The white rabbit fur, with blood it was matted
and the cruel black knife fell to ground with a clatter.
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave me to know I was filled with cold dread.

--------------------
"You willing to die for that belief?"
"I am. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Posts: 826 | From: a hamster's cheek-pouch full of raisins | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by beachlass:
Of course, Jeremiah, if you put the phrase in quotes, so that you are actually pulling up the phrase you typed in, you find out that RooK is a lesbian visiting Seattle...

Shoot, and she never dropped in to say "hi". [Waterworks]

--------------------

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fuck off and argue about the Mississippi elsewhere.

If you can't stick to the central theme here - Christmas in Hell - then go waffle in Heaven.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

Sarky, the Hellhost
Had a party planned in hell,
With some poetry, pedantry,
And lots of folks who couldn't spell.

Sarky, the Hellhost
Knew the flames were hot that day.
So she snarled "Better run, this is no fun,
I'll rip you a new asshole today."

She led them down where they would drown
In the molten lava flow,
And she only paused for laughter when
She heard them pleading "No!"

There must have been some magic in
That toasting fork she found;
For when she shoved it up their asses
They all fell straight to the ground.

Oooohhh, Sarky, the Hellhost ...

(Someone else want to take it from there? [Confused] )

[ 23. December 2005, 16:59: Message edited by: Jeremiah Gutzywuk ]

Pax Romana
Shipmate
# 4653

- Posted      Profile for Pax Romana   Email Pax Romana   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Five days before Christmas
And all through the town
No busses or subways
Were chugging along.

The people were freezing
Their butts off outside
While desperately trying
To just get a ride.

Pax Romana

--------------------
I used to wake up at 4 A.M. and start sneezing, sometimes for five hours. I tried to find out what sort of allergy I had but finally came to the conclusion that it must be an allergy to consciousness.
James Thurber

Posts: 4598 | From: New York City | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

Alright, be like that. I'll finish meself.

Oooohhh Sarky the Hellhost
Had to hurry on her way,
So she said "Fuck off, you half-baked toff;
Find another place to play!"

Thumpety-thump-thump, thumpety-thump-thump,
Look at Sarky toast;
Thumpety-thump-thump,Thumpety-thump-thump,
She's found another fool to roast.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Nicely done, Gutz! [Overused]

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

We are Santa's elves
We fill Santa's shelves
Hard we labour
(Santa's a slaver)
Call the AFL!

We work hard all day
For substandard pay
Loud we cry out,
Pray for a buy-out,
We are Santa's elves.

--------------------

Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

Can we try one verse at a time again? Sombody - anybody - jump in.

Santa got run over by a Hellhost
Trying to load his sleigh for Christmas Eve;
You can say there's no such thing as Martians,
But as for me and Santa, we believe.

--------------------

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That was not Santa but an innocent animal out on the road at the wrong time in the middle of the night.

Skippy was rammed repeatedly by a weary traveler, who woke up too late in time, to see what was the matter.

Tender he tasted, his carcass not wasted.
Marinated in decadent Australian wine sauces.

The shock and horror of the Grinch eating this steak, is all too frightful, too grim for me to begin without first some more alcohol to drink, let me start with some good gin.

[ 23. December 2005, 23:39: Message edited by: duchess ]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

When we found him the next morning,
Where the event had come to pass,
There were disintegration rays on his forehead,
And incriminating Mars Bars up his ass.

--------------------

HopPik
Shipmate
# 8510

- Posted      Profile for HopPik     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by duchess:
That was not Santa but an innocent animal out on the road at the wrong time in the middle of the night.

Skippy was rammed repeatedly by a weary traveler, who woke up too late in time, to see what was the matter.

Tender he tasted, his carcass not wasted.
Marinated in decadent Australian wine sauces.

The shock and horror of the Grinch eating this steak, is all too frightful, too grim for me to begin without first some more alcohol to drink, let me start with some good gin.

Ummm Duchess, did you hit the gin before or after you wrote that?

--------------------
Never wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and supposedly the pig enjoys it. G.B. Shaw

Posts: 2084 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Vaagrant
Apprentice
# 10409

- Posted      Profile for Vaagrant   Email Vaagrant   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
broters and sisters have I. Well done

--------------------
What? Me Worry?-Alfred E Neuman

Posts: 29 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

Christmas Haiku

Gifts in trunk still unwrapped.
Clouds gather. Deep despair approaches.
'Santa save me' I pray.

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was Christmas Eve in the workhouse
And the gin was a running low
I heard an angel singing
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

The shades of night were falling fast
When first you went to follow the gun
Twas brillig and the slithy toves
Crossed the Esk river where ford there was none.

When lilacs last in the dooryard bloom'd,
Twas in the month of December, and in the year 1883
The curfew tolls the knell of parting day
And oh, the difference to me.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Traveller
Shipmate
# 1943

- Posted      Profile for Traveller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
It was Christmas Eve in the workhouse
And the gin was a running low...

ROTFLMAO

[Overused]

--------------------
I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live:
I will praise my God while I have my being.
Psalm 104 v.33

Posts: 1037 | From: Wherever the car has stopped at the moment! | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016