homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Let's just not discuss it (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Let's just not discuss it
The Bede's American Successor

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

- Posted      Profile for The Bede's American Successor   Author's homepage   Email The Bede's American Successor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Organ Builder:
TBAS has linked to the sideshow, but the main event can be digested in all its tawdry splendor at Wikipedia.

Have you no decency?

Besides, people appreciate it more if they have to work for it.

--------------------
This was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride of wealth and food in plenty, comfort and ease, and yet she never helped the poor and the wretched.

—Ezekiel 16.49

Posts: 6079 | From: The banks of Possession Sound | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sorry, I see TBAS has now linked to the main event as well.

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Bede is not noted for subtlety.

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
The Bede is not noted for subtlety.

That's Anglo-Saxon chroniclers for you. You should read what he has to say about Raedwald of East Anglia.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
Are you sure this isn't just a smokescreen to take our attention away from this little hobby?

'I want to ride my bicycle' - Queen.

erm, surely what a man does with his two-wheeled friend in the privacy of his hotel room is his own business?

I understand that a gentleman who roots pavements in full public view might warrant the attention of the local constablary, but bike-shagging in private seems harmless enough to me.

(Mind you, it's a bit dangerous. He might get his thingy stuck in the chain.)

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Left at the Altar:
erm, surely what a man does with his two-wheeled friend in the privacy of his hotel room is his own business?

Makes you wonder what's next. Masturbation socks?

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Otter
Shipmate
# 12020

- Posted      Profile for Otter   Author's homepage   Email Otter   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

That was my thought, too. I'm assuming the prosecution had more to do with him ignoring the housekeeping staff's knocking/calling, and what how he may have reacted once they opened the door and found him and his two-wheeled sweetheart.

quote:
(Mind you, it's a bit dangerous. He might get his thingy stuck in the chain.)

What has it got in its sproketses, precious?

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data", YMMV, limited-time offer, IANAL, no purchase required, and the state of CA has found this substance to cause cancer in laboratory aminals

Posts: 1429 | From: Chicago, IL 'burbs | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
surely what a man does with his two-wheeled friend in the privacy of his hotel room is his own business?

Not if he's a Royal. Or the bicycle is. (I mean, some of them look as if they move around on wheels).
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
surely what a man does with his two-wheeled friend in the privacy of his hotel room is his own business?

Ah but this wasn't a hotel as I read it, it was a hostel. In a hotel you have paid substantially to be treated as a resident. In a hostel you are paid for by the state to be an inmate. This has substantial relevance to your rights to be treated with respect and consideration for your privacy, and - it seems - to your right to fuck two-wheeled modes of transport

--------------------
How do you know when a politician is lying?
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bean Sidhe:
In a hostel you are paid for by the state to be an inmate.

Good grief, where did this definition of 'hostel' come from?
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe it means somethng like "Half-way home"?

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, he was evidently behind a locked door.

And what's this about it being an offence to have sex with an inanimate object? God Almighty. That means every dildo, blow-up doll and half the wives of this world.

Every second bloke and quite few woman will be registered as sex offenders soon.

[ 03. November 2007, 05:28: Message edited by: Left at the Altar ]

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

Dennis the Menace
Shipmate
# 11833

- Posted      Profile for Dennis the Menace   Email Dennis the Menace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bean Sidhe:
quote:

Ah but this wasn't a hotel as I read it, it was a hostel. In a hotel you have paid substantially to be treated as a resident. In a hostel you are paid for by the state to be an inmate. This has substantial relevance to your rights to be treated with respect and consideration for your privacy, and - it seems - to your right to fuck two-wheeled modes of transport
Someone had to ask this: Was the aforementioned bicycle male or female??????

--------------------
"Till we cast our crowns before Him; Lost in wonder, love, and praise."

Posts: 853 | From: Newcastle NSW Australia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
clues...

Were its tubes tied?

How many nuts does it have?

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ricardus
Shipmate
# 8757

- Posted      Profile for Ricardus   Author's homepage   Email Ricardus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
And what's this about it being an offence to have sex with an inanimate object? God Almighty. That means every dildo, blow-up doll and half the wives of this world.

They'll prise my Kleenex away from me over my -

(On second thoughts I don't think I'll complete that sentence.)

--------------------
Then the dog ran before, and coming as if he had brought the news, shewed his joy by his fawning and wagging his tail. -- Tobit 11:9 (Douai-Rheims)

Posts: 7247 | From: Liverpool, UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have heard that he was arrestable because he continued to screw his ride once the cleaners came in.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Duo Seraphim
Ubi caritas et amor
# 256

- Posted      Profile for Duo Seraphim   Email Duo Seraphim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:
Red pantyhose? The man's a tart.

Or Australia's Minister of Foreign Affairs.

--------------------
Embrace the serious whack. It's the Catholic thing to do. IngoB
The Messiah, Peace be upon him, said to his Apostles: 'Verily, this world is merely a bridge, so cross over it, and do not make it your abode.' (Bihar al-anwar xiv, 319)

Posts: 7952 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016