homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: Godly chat-up lines (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: Godly chat-up lines
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm preparing a sermon on sexual sin. Would you like to be in a case study?

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Hiro's Leap

Shipmate
# 12470

- Posted      Profile for Hiro's Leap   Email Hiro's Leap   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm interested in the idea of Original Sin. Would you and me, a waterbed and two dozen meerkats be original enough?
Posts: 3418 | From: UK, OK | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Cardinal Pole Vault

Papal Bull
# 4193

- Posted      Profile for Cardinal Pole Vault   Author's homepage   Email Cardinal Pole Vault   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Trinity is my inspriration in love - so bring a friend and let's practise some perichoresis

--------------------
"Make tea, not war"

Posts: 986 | From: Insula Tiberina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hiro's Leap:
I'm interested in the idea of Original Sin. Would you and me, a waterbed and two dozen meerkats be original enough?

Well, you had me at "meerkats."

--------------------
Books and things.

I lied. There are no things. Just books.

Posts: 7428 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jonathan Strange
Shipmate
# 11001

- Posted      Profile for Jonathan Strange   Email Jonathan Strange   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At New Wine - AKA The Land of Ravenous Single 35+yr-old Christian Women:

"You're a man with a pulse... Care to propose?"

or

"Care for a time of prayer and fertilisation?"

[perhaps too contextual for the article, Ancient Mariner]

--------------------
"Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
When he bears his teeth, winter meets its death,
When he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again"

Posts: 1327 | From: Wessex | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Hiro's Leap

Shipmate
# 12470

- Posted      Profile for Hiro's Leap   Email Hiro's Leap   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trudy Scrumptious:
Well, you had me at "meerkats."

Oh! Was that you? [Devil]
Posts: 3418 | From: UK, OK | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Care to discuss my Second Coming?

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm tired of palm Sundays -- want to help me make a Triumphal Entry?

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's a beautiful "I waited" bracelet - would you like to be opened with prayer?

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
fisher
Shipmate
# 9080

- Posted      Profile for fisher     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'I'm going to Confession next week and hate those long silences - can you help me out?'

'Hey, you look angelic! My name's Jacob - fancy a wrestle?'

'Your manse or mine?'

'They call me Augustine and you'll soon agree my sins are pretty original.'

--------------------
"Down, down, presumptuous human reason!" But somehow they found out I was not a real bishop at all G. K. Chesterton

Posts: 1327 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Hedgerow Priest
Shipmate
# 13905

- Posted      Profile for Hedgerow Priest   Email Hedgerow Priest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jonathan Strange wrote:

quote:

Are 30-something divorced childless Anglo Catholic men seen as fair game by the eligible ladies at New Wine, or will they want to check me doctrinal credentials?

--------------------
"Where is the Love"
Saint Fergy de Pea

Posts: 362 | From: London | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Gumby:
Would you like to be fearfully and wonderfully laid?

[Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
don't hide your bushel.

--------------------

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
Someday, when I'm really bored, I'm going to join a Christian dating site, and my teaser line will be "Titus 2 woman seeks Ezekiel 23:20 man." Just to see how many takers I get.

[Killing me]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So you're a virgin without any oil. Would baby oil do?

AG

(I notice the tone lowered overnight. I like that...)

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

With apologies to Chorister: Would you like to see the stoat in my organ?

AG

--------------------

Jonathan Strange
Shipmate
# 11001

- Posted      Profile for Jonathan Strange   Email Jonathan Strange   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgerow Priest:
Jonathan Strange wrote:

quote:

Are 30-something divorced childless Anglo Catholic men seen as fair game by the eligible ladies at New Wine, or will they want to check me doctrinal credentials?
Go along to New Wine, sign up to the 'Speed Dating' events and you'll be beating them off with a stick.

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I bet my rod and staff would comfort you.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jonathan Strange
Shipmate
# 11001

Tribute to the brilliant Ship of Fools “Tales of Calvinist Romance” postcard I bought at CRE:

Have I died and begun my predestined eternity of hopeless torment in the eternal lake of fire… or are you just making me hot?

--------------------

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Guide me, O thou great Revealer

Is that an arrow of desire in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?

Blessed are those that moan

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Grace, for what you are about to receive, may the Lord make us truly thankful"

AG

--------------------

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
my soul panteth after thee.

Awww, mousethief, that's so sweet!
[Axe murder]

--------------------

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

quote:
Originally posted by The Great Gumby:
I bet my rod and staff would comfort you.

You are SICK! But in a totally twisted and wonderful way! I like the cut of your jib.
[Razz]

--------------------

Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know us preachers; we do it with Amazing Grace

--------------------
The fact that no one understands you does not make you an artist.
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
St. Stephen the Stoned
Shipmate
# 9841

- Posted      Profile for St. Stephen the Stoned   Author's homepage   Email St. Stephen the Stoned   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Take up thy cloak and follow me. For thou hast pulled.

--------------------
Do you want to see Jesus or don't yer? Well shurrup then!

Posts: 518 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
wheelie racer
Shipmate
# 13854

- Posted      Profile for wheelie racer   Email wheelie racer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
and one for the evangelicals in our midst...

I just really want to ask that....[fill in the gap yourself]

--------------------
Disability Rights: To boldly go where everyone else has gone..

Posts: 171 | From: off this planet | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

O for a thousand tongues! But, barring that, would one tongue a thousands times do?

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Overused] [Killing me]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

You heard Moses, Baby. Eight only to be attempted...

AG

--------------------

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Hi, I'm Onan...

AG

--------------------

wheelie racer
Shipmate
# 13854

- Posted      Profile for wheelie racer   Email wheelie racer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I feel all ecumenical when i am around you

or

Paul told us to great one another with a holy kiss - wanna try?

or

my friend told me to come and talk to you - he said you were really nice - who is it? well his name is Jesus do you know him too?

--------------------
Disability Rights: To boldly go where everyone else has gone..

Posts: 171 | From: off this planet | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sandemaniac:
Hi, I'm Onan...

AG

Would that be Onan the Barbarian?

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Didn't I see you batheing on the roof?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is my body which is given for you,

*thinks* (and for many actually, but I was a young, we all make mistakes, forgiveness is a Christian virtue, and besides it all cleared up wonderfully with the penicillin.)

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Does the Great Gumby deserve prayer or a prize? You decide.

[Cool]

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Mariner:

[Cool]

Or a restraining order? [Razz]

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tyler Durden
Shipmate
# 2996

- Posted      Profile for Tyler Durden     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tangent: inspired by one of TGG's comments. At the penty church I used to go to in the 90s, the drummer of the worship band once said to me as we were standing beside the platform waiting to go on, 'look at the jugs on that' pointing at some girl and the very pious (male) backing singer standing next to us said in his soft scottish accent 'Don't call them jugs, brother. Call them breasts' - which became a very popular catchphrase in our house for many years afterwards.

--------------------
Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is a moron, while anyone driving faster is a maniac? Jerry Seinfeld

Posts: 509 | From: Kent | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And Tyler's story reminds me of this:

A gay friend of mine once bemoaned while we were at some concert like Over the Rhine or Sam Phillips, where the music isn't overtly Christian but the artists are, that there were lots of cute guys there but they were probably all Christians (assuming Christians either wouldn't be gay or would be closeted). I told him that in my church (Episcopal), there are plenty of gay men. So "Episcopalian" became a sort of euphemism. [Snigger]

So: "You're not Episcopalian by chance, are you?" could be a line for our gay brothers.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

Can you spare a moment? I'm studying Forbidden Fruit, and those melons are the most tempting I've seen.

--------------------

PrettyFly

Ship's sunbather
# 13157

- Posted      Profile for PrettyFly   Author's homepage   Email PrettyFly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
This is my body which is given for you,

Reminds me of my bridesmaid who giggled every time she even thought of the phrase, "with my body, I thee worship". I think she managed to contain herself at the actual wedding, but I carefully avoided her eye just in case [Razz]

--------------------
Screw today. I'm going for ice cream.

Posts: 1797 | From: Where the sun keeps shining and where the weather suits my clothes | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

quote:
Originally posted by churchgeek:
quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Mariner:

[Cool]

Or a restraining order? [Razz]
Well, Keren-Happuch has been given not one but two copies of The Power of a Praying Wife by well-meaning friends, which I take as something of a compliment, so I think I'm covered for prayer. [Big Grin]

Do you want to go forth and multiply, or shall we just do it here?

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

Are you not wearing any knickers, or did I just have a prophetic vision?

--------------------

Sir Pellinore
Quester Emeritus
# 12163

- Posted      Profile for Sir Pellinore   Email Sir Pellinore   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I feel the Lord is moving something about my person. Perhaps he means us to come together in some sort of mystic communion? There's a Song in the Bible about that. [Biased]

--------------------
Well...

Posts: 5108 | From: The Deep North, Oz | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The classic film genre once again provides us with an example. I refer to M*A*S*H (the film, not the TV series), where an affair develops between the uptight Nurse Margaret "Hot Lips" O'Houlihan and the born again religious fanatic Major Frank Burns.

At a tryst, Burns says to Lot Lips, "God has brought us together." Baring her breasts, Hot Lips replies, "His will be done!"

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

You'll think you've ascended to Heaven if you sit on my right hand

--------------------

Esmeralda

Ship's token UK Mennonite
# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To a vicar: I just love men* in long black dresses...

*(OK, i do know a vicar could be a woman)

[ 18. September 2008, 15:02: Message edited by: Esmeralda ]

--------------------
I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

http://reversedstandard.wordpress.com/

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bugger. I always wear a white one [Biased]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sir Pellinore
Quester Emeritus
# 12163

- Posted      Profile for Sir Pellinore   Email Sir Pellinore   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
The classic film genre once again provides us with an example. I refer to M*A*S*H (the film, not the TV series), where an affair develops between the uptight Nurse Margaret "Hot Lips" O'Houlihan and the born again religious fanatic Major Frank Burns.

At a tryst, Burns says to Lot Lips, "God has brought us together." Baring her breasts, Hot Lips replies, "His will be done!"

You win the prize, Amanda.

Not sure I'm into Polish chicks, though. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Well...

Posts: 5108 | From: The Deep North, Oz | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Come up to the ringing chamber and I'll show you a really big dong!

And, in similar vein

Y'know, Quasimodo, I've heard you can really hump...

AG

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Ahhhh men!'

(I once heard a fellow alto complain - when having to sing that tricky word, 'I always get my men in the wrong place').

And another one for choristers: 'You roll your r's beautifully!'

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016