homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Hell   » Martinsplaining (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Martinsplaining
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBunk:
No requirement for formal coherence here.

No, but I'm holding out for basic respect for other posters.

Although Martin's most recent post here has me feeling like Tigger here.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are some of you people being held at gunpoint, being forced to read Martin’s posts?

We should have an agreed codeword, so these poor people can call for help through the Ship without alerting their captors.

Wait a minute!

Maybe that’s why Martin60 keeps going on about being ‘saved’ and writing bizarrely incoherent and obscure posts! He’s trying all the words until he accidentally gets the codeword right!!! He’s being held at gunpoint!!!!

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Posts: 7574 | From: Natural Sources | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Are some of you people being held at gunpoint, being forced to read Martin’s posts?

Hosts are.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

We should have an agreed codeword, so these poor people can call for help through the Ship without alerting their captors.

Yes.

And we do that on the Hosts board.

(We also talk about you.)

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[x-post]

quote:

That is sort of a host's job description.

But that aside, one might choose (out of respect for another poster...) to answer a post of theirs that asks a question, or try and clear up a misunderstanding, which is where this round of Martinsplaining all began.

When the outcome is that Martin drags up other bones of contention, slags off other posters, invites any dissenting voice to carry on in Hell, wraps the whole in the verbal equivalent of molasses, admits that at least part of this spectacle is just toying with other people, and with intimate parts of their experience at that, and then responds to the inevitable Hell call with displays of entrails, posting while drunk, and self-pity that's deserving of a blog but nothing else, it makes you want to loop Pink Floyd albums for all eternity.

[ 19. November 2017, 17:55: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
it makes you want to loop Pink Floyd albums for all eternity.

Always with the Pink Floyd. Why can't you pick on Nickelback like everybody else?

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh man. It’s the fucking internet. You’re gonna get all types on here, and you can’t push the ones you don’t like overboard if they’re determined to stay. Not even the PtB would do that, but I betcha they’d have old Martin marooned in a split flash if he did actually deserve it by serious breach of the rules of the place. As hinted at above, I should know.

Yes, the PtB have no choice but to read his posts- all of them, all the way through, carefully- but you other whingers sure as hell don’t. And nor do I, which is why I don’t. Lucky, aren’t we?

Martin’s here because, a) he wants to be, and b) because Adminisphere permits him. And I think that’s grand, even though I also think Martin’s a prick.

Nobody is holding a gun to your head demanding that you read his posts so maybe just scroll past? It’s the small price of a wonderful principle.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Just trying to salvage a tiny sliver of consistency in the chaos.

--------------------

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
Always with the Pink Floyd. Why can't you pick on Nickelback like everybody else?

POI: Martin alluded to PF in one of the mysterious cryptic posts mentioned above.

I only know because I googled some of the phrases to try to work out what it was all about.

--------------------
arse

Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

- Posted      Profile for Ohher   Author's homepage   Email Ohher   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, Yorick, non-hosts can scroll on by. Here's the thing, though: when Martin sticks his ramen-noodle oar into a thread, he frequently also derails it. I was engaged with the "Mary, consent, etc." thread when Martin butted in with one of his sly asides, and it came to a virtual halt. Martin is the knot in the wood that warps the saw when planing boards.

It's hard to scroll past when there's nothing further on to get to.

--------------------
From the Land of the Native American Brave and the Home of the Buy-One-Get-One-Free

Posts: 374 | From: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

Okay. How does a person derail a thread if nobody reads his posts? Or hers?

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

Look. It’s about freedom of choice. Martin is free to choose to post here. You are free to choose to read his posts*. It’s a great thing, fuckers, and you should be grateful for it.

Erin was big on exactly this sort of inclusivity- really serious about it. Some of you people sound like those shitty sorts of Christians who ‘persuade’ people who ‘don’t fit in’ to leave their churches...

* Unless you’re a Host. In which case you have my sympathy and gratitude in equal measure. You other twats can fuck off.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

[x-post again]

quote:
Nobody is holding a gun to your head demanding that you read his posts so maybe just scroll past? It’s the small price of a wonderful principle.

Go to Purgatory and check the list of hosts.

But that aside, for me it comes down to this.

I am insatiably curious and I am also pretty much convinced that the vast majority of those around me have insights I can learn from, even if I disagree with them very deeply about very basic things. I dread missing an insight due to prejudice.

For me, the Ship has very real-life consequences, from changing my views 180° on gay marriage through to supporting publication of an ecumentical Bible including the Deuterocanonicals which is now in every prison in France.

So on here, hosting duties aside, if I'm engaged in a thread I will do my best to digest all others' contributions (apart from the occasional drive-by snarky comment and suchlike) and interact with them in a meaningful, constructive way.

For me, Martin falls within that majority (of people from whom I can gain insights) - some of the time - which is why it annoys me so much when he indulges his ego instead of making an effort to share his insights intelligibly and interact with others, because I know he can if he puts his mind to it and doesn't treat the rest of us as his intellectual playthings.

The Ship is not the only place on the Internet where constructive discussion can be had, but I know of nowhere better when it comes to matters Christian whereas there is no shortage of places where the signal to noise ratio is unbearably low.

In this instance, Martin wilfully derailed the thread by ignoring others' clarifications, importing past arguments and unrelated disputes, and admitted he was toying with another poster.

What if anything the H&As decide to do about it is not mine to share, but H&A decisions don't bar me from coming here as a shipmate and telling him what I think of his behaviour - especially as he gave a positive invitation to do so.

[ 19. November 2017, 18:34: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------

Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

- Posted      Profile for Ohher   Author's homepage   Email Ohher   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Okay. How does a person derail a thread if nobody reads his posts? Or hers?

As already explained, it's never "nobody;" hosts have to read what an offending poster writes. Hosts have the additional responsibility of calling out offensive posting.

So here we are: pointing out, yet again, the Blindingly Obvious to the Determinedly Oblivious. Why Martin hasn't been banned long ago for being a jerk, I dunno. Apparently, some people find his Uriah Heep impersonations at not being a jerk persuasive.

--------------------
From the Land of the Native American Brave and the Home of the Buy-One-Get-One-Free

Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

I acknowledge your annoyance, and share it. But, again, exactly how can someone derail a thread if nobody reads his posts? The derailment is in the possession of the reader, not the writer.

Command yourselves.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

quote:
Erin was big on exactly this sort of inclusivity- really serious about it. Some of you people sound like those shitty sorts of Christians who ‘persuade’ people who ‘don’t fit in’ to leave their churches...

This is crap. I'm all for inclusivity, my church lives by it and I remind the congregation of it almost every time I'm in front of them. The diversity of those in our congregation reflects that core value.

Here's the thing though. Inclusivity doesn't mean you get to behave as badly as you like with respect to the ground rules which hold the community together, starting with respect for others.

Again, speaking in a non-hostly capacity, in my view Martin broke several such rules on the thread in question, especially by deliberately and disingenuously toying with another poster's intimate personal experience.

I get the impression you've crashed this thread in the last page or so, and if I were to ask you to summarise how this Hell call emerged you'd be incapable of doing so without scrolling back.

--------------------

Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

Ohher, please read your own post again. Reading all posts is indeed the Hosts problem, NOT yours. You have no case.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

Eutychus, I’ve read the entire thread carefully, so fuck off.

Are you Hosting here, then, or just Junior Hosting? Which is it?

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

You can't have read it very carefully if you have to ask that question. As Ohher says, for you too, it's
quote:
pointing out, yet again, the Blindingly Obvious to the Determinedly Oblivious

--------------------

Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

Well it seems to me that you’re pronouncing an opinion about Martin’s observance of the Rules, but nit in your capacity as Host. Which is junior hosting, fucktard.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

I’m getting stoked here. Time to step away. I’ve said what I have to say on this.

Three cheers for patience, tolerance, inclusivity and the freedoms of speech and choice!!!

Ciao.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

[x-post]

Ah, invective, the last resort of those without an argument.

I recused myself from hosting on the thread because it would have been a conflict of interest. As explained, that doesn't stop me, as a participant in the thread, and at the positive invitation of Martin, coming down here and telling him what I think of him.

Down here I have no hostly powers or capacity and am as subject to the Hellhosts as you are.

If you have a problem with how Hell or Purgatory or anywhere else is being hosted, the Styx is where you're supposed to object to it. If you're trying to tell me I'm out of line down here, it's you who are junior hosting, not me.

[ 19. November 2017, 18:55: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------

Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

quote:
Ohher, please read your own post again. Reading all posts is indeed the Hosts problem, NOT yours. You have no case.

Rubbish -- unless you're also expecting non-HAs to ignore, as well, the HA posts which are also public. Ignoring HA posts, even if not directed at oneself, is generally not recommended. Once we read the HA post, which we'll do if we're trying to keep ourselves out of trouble, we'll naturally read back to see what the fuss is about.

While I agree that this does not render continuation of the thread impossible, it does slow and sometimes divert the flow. Take a look at any thread where there has been Hostly warning, and you'll see there's usually at least a significant lull in the action following, and often there's thread-death. So posters who regularly occasion Hostly attention pose risk (depending on the behavior) to the smooth operation of the Boards, however much scrolling-by goes on.

--------------------

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There ain't no host like a Hellhost host.

You can all tie yourself in knots about who gets to read what (or not). No one but Hosts are under an obligation to read in their domain, but it is also true that there are conversation killers that are hard to scroll past, as if they were a fart in a lift - easier to get out a floor early than ride all the way up smelling that stink.

Martin doesn't get special treatment. No one gets special treatment. But there is still grace.

Let's get back to beating Martin with birch twigs. Anything else on this tangent, take it to Styx.

Doc Tor
Hell host

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
Ah, invective, the last resort of those without an argument.

...and first volley by assholes who just fucking enjoy it.

Also, fuck you Martin, you self-absorbed shitweasel.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

It occurs to me that posters like Martin pose a dilemma not unlike that raised by the Weinsteins, Polanskis, Frankens, and Woody Allens etc. of the world. Nothing to do with sexual misbehavior, of course, but here's the central issue: the jerkiness may well be there (of course, that's an eye-of-the-beholder problem). But there are also other qualities -- other content, insights, contributions, etc. -- that are valuable and desirable, at least for many posters. How each of us weighs the annoyance and jerkiness against the valuable contributions is going to offer hosts headaches.

I have no answers, here, but clearly, Martin has a following who find parsing his obscurities worth the time and effort involved, and who can say they're wrong?

Do we betray our personal values by watching the admittedly brilliant work of actors, directors, musicians, etc. whose personal behavior we abhor?

After all, appreciating a viewing of Hannah and Her Sisters doesn't require me to molest a young family member.

What's different here, though, is that the "public" behavior of posting on a bulletin board is also that poster's private expressive behavior, and can interfere with other posters' use of these boards.

I dunno. Among the many things I appreciate about the Ship is its refusal to do member ratings, cater to the whims of high-volume posters, and the willingness of Hosts and Admins to thrash disagreements over rulings out in a more-or-less public way in the Styx. I confess to being glad that I need not take a decision on this particular issue. Whichever way I decided, I am sure I'd come to regret it.

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nope. The theoretical¹ artistic merit of Martin's posts, however completely undone they are by his fuckstardedness outwith Hell, do not contribute even slightly to the calculus for letting him stay. It is instead weighed purely by giving every voice a chance to contribute (equal among all Shipmates) versus trouble caused by having them present. For most people, this comparison is easy. For Martin, it's a very near fucking thing. He's already on a so-called "second chance" requiring him to not be intentionally incoherent to veil his trolling, having been banned for it once already.

I realize that we're all trapped in our own minds, and these prisons affect our perception and interaction with the world. But cthulhu-fucking fuck, Martin. I'm embarrassed enough reading my teenage journals, but they pale compared to your continuous grandiosity. Maybe, just occasionally, shut the fuck up.

¹ TRANSLATION: Massively over-rated narcissistic wankery.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBunk:
quote:
Originally posted by Ohher:
Martin has the mindset I associate with many of my male 18-20-year-old students:

Not your educational establishment; not your undergraduate philosophy society. No requirement for formal coherence here.
No, not at all, but a little informal coherence would be helpful.

I read Martin’s posts, if I don’t understand them I scroll on past. Simples.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

I’m aware this post will make people hate me, but this is something I feel very strongly about.

What RooK is talking about above is precisely what makes the Ship special and worthwhile. Inclusivity.

In some ways, it’s a pity it’s called a Ship, as it’s really the opposite of that. I see the place more like a house by the side of the superhighway. The front doors are nailed open, and there’s a neon ‘Welcome!’ sign brightly lit. The house has a great many rooms, and there’s a never-ending party going on. In each room are numbers of people, some staying for ages, others coming and going. Some just look in through the doorways from the hall.

The people here are chatting about all kinds of stuff from cake recipes to personal substitutional atonement, and they come from all walks of life. Some are bishops, some are neo-nazis. There are leaders and criminals, housewives and hermits, but the one thing they ALL have in common is that they’re welcome to hang out here, by highest principle. They are all invited to the party regardless of who or what they are. Despite it, mainly!

The owner of the house is up in the attic, and pops down from time to time for a GIN and to put a tune on. He has a few trusted friends and neighbours to keep an eye on the party and make sure nobody pisses in the aspidistras. Of course, there are house rules, but these exist entirely to safeguard the open welcome and to facilitate the chat.

The original inspiration in opening the doors was to provide somewhere for people to be safely and authentically unrestful, but it soon became more than that- a proper community.

Some of the partygoers are practically resident here. Many have formed serious and genuine relationships with one another, and, just as in real life, some of these characters are popular and others not.

My point?

It’s that we are all united here by one thing- the democratic inclusivity of the welcome. It’s a beautiful and rare thing, and not to be fucked with, however much you may resent the odd drunk tramp who shuffles in, interrupts and disturbs the nice academic theological debate you’re enjoying with your cronies in the sitting room. He may in fact be homeless and need the place more than you.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Meh. Welcome has its limits.

Just because you welcome all comers round your house doesn’t mean you let them set fire to the carpet.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

Well duh. Hence the house rules prohibiting ignition of flammable items, enforced by the H&As.

But the spirit of inclusivity must not be jeopardised by individual partygoers or cabals of them.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's all very eloquent, Yorick, but also bollocks. Forums have to have rules and moderators, especially to stop trolling. I can welcome someone to my house, but if they shit on the carpet, they can leave.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

You say shit on the carpet or set fire to it. I disagree.

What’s happened here is that some partygoers have been annoyed by someone lurching onto their dance floor, clumsily (and maybe belligerently) treading on their toes and ruining their best disco moves, and they’re whinging in Hell about it as is right and proper. So far, so repetitive.

What I find objectionable is when that legitimate whinge turns into an illegitimate and thinly-veiled call for the bouncers to remove the offender from the premises because ‘he shat on the carpet’.

It’s an open house party! Disco routines will occasionally get disrupted, but it’s worth it.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I agree with both Yorick and the feathered serpent. There are boundaries of behavior. Trolling is one of them.

Deliberately messing with another shipmate is a more iffy proposition. Confessing that you are deliberately messing with someone is less than discrete and is an exercise in calling trouble down on your head.

As to other bad behavior, there are a lot of execrable posts on the Ship. I have made several myself. There comes a line between laissez faire and nuisance that may only show up clearly over time. Hence the hosts.

Not my circus thankfully.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

I do not disagree about there being a line to be crossed, and I’m glad we have such subtle and deft hosting here. But I dislike watching the way people get so reckless about throwing the baby of inclusivity out with the bathwater of derailed discussion.

I think I’ve made my point though, so will STFU now.

Don’t forget what wins, kids.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There is no doubt that some posters rejoice in the opportunity to scold.

I think that says more about them than the target of the scolding.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But, to stretch Yorick’s image to breaking point, if someone keeps coming to your party, dancing clumsily, treading on people’s toes, spilling drinks etc., gives every intention of doing so intentionally (or at least not caring that it’s happening), then when confronted with this makes hand-wringing apologies but carries on doing it - repeatedly - then aren’t the other guests entitled to complain about this behaviour and wonder if he should keep being invited?

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

You're all in danger of edging back into Styxian territory, when I've gently suggested you steer away.

If you want a conversation about under what circumstances a shipmate gets planked, you are free to do so, even encouraged to do so. Just not on this board. Vrubatsa*?

Doc Tor
Hell Host

*understand

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's always comforting to know that there's someone more irritating, less competent or simply a bigger dick than oneself.

Next time you wonder why someone is still on board, reflect on this.

(edit: Cross-posted. Kind of.)

[ 20. November 2017, 13:30: Message edited by: Sioni Sais ]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like your analogy Yorick

The clumsy dancer should remain welcome imo. S/he could be any one of us.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:
You're all in danger of edging back into Styxian territory, when I've gently suggested you steer away.

If you want a conversation about under what circumstances a shipmate gets planked, you are free to do so, even encouraged to do so. Just not on this board. Vrubatsa*?

Doc Tor
Hell Host

*understand

Stygian surely Doc?

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The moral seems to be Never shit on a burning carpet.

It’s moot which is worse; the invincibly convinced, the abusive (I’m not here to discuss, just call you names) or the mind gamers.

I’m inclined to non-engagement in all cases - apart from when a particularly good opportunity for mockery arises.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

quote:
Originally posted by Martin60:
Stygian surely Doc?

Every Stig needs a dump...

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

mark_in_manchester

not waving, but...
# 15978

- Posted      Profile for mark_in_manchester   Email mark_in_manchester   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I rather liked Yorick's heart-on-sleeve offering, myself.

--------------------
"We are punished by our sins, not for them" - Elbert Hubbard
(so good, I wanted to see it after my posts and not only after those of shipmate JBohn from whom I stole it)

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
It's always comforting to know that there's someone more irritating, less competent or simply a bigger dick than oneself.

(edit: Cross-posted. Kind of.)

You bin lookin'?

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Martin, dear martin, while I have taken any number shits I've liked better than you, occasionally one of your turdic posts actually floats. You're like Don Quixote mated with Ted Nugent.
Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:

[Axe murder] way too heavenly for the nether-regions.

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11242 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think Martin is really great. I enjoy many of his posts. I don't really care if his comments are relevant or even if they make sense. Sometimes his posts are beautiful.

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

What were your account details again?

--------------------
Love wins

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
oh, silly! [Axe murder]

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016