homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » fundies (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: fundies
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Betts:
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
Oh, I don't know. There's something quite fascinating about having a chew toy trying to have a go at Rook.

OK, I obviously seem to be missing something... This guy RooK thinks he's the big man on here, I can see he's "Admin" whatever that means. But in reality, he's just a little boy (behind a PC screen) who's given far more credence than he deserves, just because he knows how to use a few big words.
RooK is a big man around here and has been since before he was made an admin. And that's because he has history here and often the fine oil of wisdom is squeezed out from the bitter language. And that's why he was made an admin: he's not a fool and he doesn't suffer fools kindly. And yes, he could suspend or plank you. So don't get cheeky with him if he posts as an admin.

If I were you, I'd call it a day for now in Hell. Trust me, you won't come out looking any better than you do now. A few more days here and you might be looking like dog fight bait with an ear torn off.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
la vie en rouge: Also, how much money would I need to pay for Josephine to change her title to "Ship's Babushka"?
I think I'd prefer 'Resident Babushka'. But maybe that's a matter of taste...

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

- Posted      Profile for Mark Betts   Email Mark Betts   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
he's not a fool and he doesn't suffer fools kindly.

It's about respect and it has to be earned - that cuts both ways.

quote:
And yes, he could suspend or plank you. So don't get cheeky with him if he posts as an admin.

I know all that - I'm not a fool neither, but does it do any harm to say what you think, rather than crawl up to people, no matter what they say, in fear that your life will be over if you're "blocked" from this section? I use this term deliberately, because Hell is in reality nothing more than a "Facebook" for christians and anti-christians alike.

--------------------
"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary."

Posts: 2080 | From: Leicester | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
To borrow an expression from another board, it's the Mark and Steve summerfag show.
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
irish_lord99
Shipmate
# 16250

- Posted      Profile for irish_lord99     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

He HAS earned it, but, brother, you're quickly losing any you might have earned. You would do well to actually follow the advice given you by Josephine and others here.

quote:
quote:
And yes, he could suspend or plank you. So don't get cheeky with him if he posts as an admin.

I know all that - I'm not a fool neither*, but does it do any harm to say what you think, rather than crawl up to people, no matter what they say, in fear that your life will be over if you're "blocked" from this section? I use this term deliberately, because Hell is in reality nothing more than a "Facebook" for christians and anti-christians alike.

You've been here since April. I wouldn't presume to tell people here 'what hell is' and I don't think you should either.

----------

*"Not a fool either." If you're going to claim intelligence, then do at least use proper grammar. [Biased]

--------------------
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain

Posts: 1169 | From: Maine, US | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Let me add my two cents worth.

Mark, quit while you are behind. Spend a few days away from the Ship.

Realize that saying things you know to be true is not the way to communicate and persuade. If you communicate in ways that are not considerate of other people's beliefs and feelings you will not persuade them, neither will the truth shine out among the words.

RooK was using a stream of invective to both be admonitory, and to be humorous. I know it is hard to see the humor when it is aimed at you and when you do not share the same history on the Ship as others who have been around longer.

If RooK was being mean you would simply not be able to post anymore. You say you could go elsewhere, and yet you seem to enjoy this place. False bravado is not what mature people do.

You are intelligent. And you have the certainty of youth and passion. Use your intelligence to soften the passion and you will find yourself more welcome.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

- Posted      Profile for Mark Betts   Email Mark Betts   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OK, I quit for now - just two points:
  1. Some of the stuff I say is tongue-in-cheek, I get the humour bit...
  2. "I'm not a fool neither" was supposed to be an irony, and I'm glad someone picked it up (and if you believe that you'll believe anything!)

--------------------
"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary."

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Steve H:
quote:
quote:
Oh, I don't know. There's something quite fascinating about having a chew toy trying to have a go at Rook.

OK, I obviously seem to be missing something... This guy RooK thinks he's the big man on here, I can see he's "Admin" whatever that means. But in reality, he's just a little boy (behind a PC screen) who's given far more credence than he deserves, just because he knows how to use a few big words.
First time I've thoroughly agreed with you, Mark, and probably the last. That stream of potty-mouthed invective above was just pathetic. I know this is Hell, but even in Hell a modicum of intelligence and originality doesn't come amiss.
Oh Lordy. Mark and Steve, two little pigs daring the big bad wolf to blow their house down.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I can't help but wonder if Rook ever tires of such brown nosing.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Steve H
Shipmate
# 17102

- Posted      Profile for Steve H   Email Steve H   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Oh Lordy...

it's...

[ 04. June 2012, 13:23: Message edited by: Steve H ]

--------------------
Hold to Christ, and for the rest, be totally uncommitted.
Herbert Butterfield.

Posts: 439 | From: Hemel Hempstead, Herts | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged
Josephine

Orthodox Belle
# 3899

- Posted      Profile for Josephine   Author's homepage   Email Josephine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Mark, respect doesn't have to be earned. It can be given freely. You can choose to treat everyone with respect.

And when you're new to a community or to an organization, it's wise to be careful in making judgments about people. You don't know the history. You don't know the culture. A little humility goes a long way.

--------------------
I've written a book! Catherine's Pascha: A celebration of Easter in the Orthodox Church. It's a lovely book for children. Take a look!

Posts: 10273 | From: Pacific Northwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

..... because Hell is in reality nothing more than a "Facebook" for christians and anti-christians alike.

They use the same technology but I'm buggered if I can find any meaningful resemblance in, if you like, business terms.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:

He gets the complaints and whines, so I think he deserves a few "atta boys". Even foul-mouthed admins need a little lurve. [Smile]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Dear Lord, never.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This thread is becoming almost as interesting as the Queen's Jubilee. When does the wet choir come on?

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
This thread is becoming almost as interesting as the Queen's Jubilee. When does the wet choir come on?

Yes I'm tempted to spend an enjoyable evening watching them wheeling out old dinosaurs like Sir Paul McCartney, and the unfunniest comedian ever, Lenny Henry...

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have just composed a long post comparing Lenny Henry to many other comedians and then deleted it.

Hoping this meets with the H & A's approval,

Sioni

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
I have just composed a long post comparing Lenny Henry to many other comedians and then deleted it.

Hoping this meets with the H & A's approval,

Sioni

Aw come on, Lenny made a good shrunken head in "Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban" [Razz]

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[bans Tortuf]
Die, meddling scum.

quote:

You say that like I might not be a completely self-obsessed egomaniac. But you know I am. And that's my photogenic side. Now get out of my spotlight, and let me play with my new toys.

quote:
I obviously seem to be missing something

Oh, but what could that possibly be? Is it perhaps one of the variety of obvious things that have been pointed out to you using small words, sometimes repeated slowly by extremely helpful people?
quote:
[RooK]'s given far more credence than he deserves, just because he knows how to use a few big words.
Actually, I'm also given far mor credence than I deserve because of some of the itty bitty little krillfucking words I know how to use. Plus the years spent being a Hellhost after distinguishing myself in the historic Heaven/Hell war - yadda yadda yadda - pathetic stuff like that.
quote:
I know...
It's funny. You say it, but you don't act like it's true. It's almost like your brain is off getting rugburns while your mouth/keyboard have a housewrecking party in your public identity.
quote:
It's about respect and it has to be earned
Is your entire philosophical mien based on Hollywood westerns? That 200kg gorilla with a biker jacket on and knife scars showing on his face - you might want to at least show him some respect, even before he "earns it" from your perspective.
quote:
that cuts both ways
No, it really really doesn't. Respect can, and should, exist completely objectively. I'm going to respect a mother grizzly bear, even (maybe especially) if she doesn't respect me. Josephine's suggestion to default to respect is a might bit too mature and functional for my own tastes, but I respect her stance. (Also, she was crowned Queen Of Hell once, that's something too.)
quote:
OK, I quit for now
Liar.
quote:
Yes
See.

quote:
even in Hell a modicum of intelligence and originality doesn't come amiss

I dare you to assert that again, except with a modicum or intelligence OR originality.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's never wise to appear to believe your own publicity,

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just two questions:
1. I made popcorn, extra salt—who wants some?
2. Josephene, I thought you had to be old to be in the Babushka Brigade. Is there a sort of very-early-promotion due to merit program we don't know about?

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by AristonAstuanax:
I made popcorn, extra salt—who wants some?

Damn you and your extra salt.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Josephine

Orthodox Belle
# 3899

- Posted      Profile for Josephine   Author's homepage   Email Josephine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by AristonAstuanax:
Just two questions:
1. I made popcorn, extra salt—who wants some?
2. Josephene, I thought you had to be old to be in the Babushka Brigade. Is there a sort of very-early-promotion due to merit program we don't know about?

You're flattering me, AristonAstaunax. Like the waiters who card me when I order wine. They're being silly, but I don't mind.

And, yes, popcorn please.

--------------------
I've written a book! Catherine's Pascha: A celebration of Easter in the Orthodox Church. It's a lovely book for children. Take a look!

Posts: 10273 | From: Pacific Northwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

You are singularly bad at taking advice.

RooK has earned more respect here than you, judging by your debut, ever will, times 100. You, so far, have earned zilch.

Did I mention taking advice?

quote:
Originally posted by Tortuf:
False bravado is not what mature people do.

Mark: Make a common, pithy statement out of this set of words: { mark, and, digest, learn, inwardly }

quote:
Some of the stuff I say is tongue-in-cheek, I get the humour bit...

The problem is, once you've made a total ass of yourself, until you have unmade yourself an ass, "humor" on your part will probably not be perceived as such, but either way makes you look even more an ass. This is a fact of human interaction and has nothing to do with you personally, except that you instantiate it.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'd say something, but I'm banned.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
OK, I quit for now - just two points:
  1. Some of the stuff I say is tongue-in-cheek, I get the humour bit...
  2. "I'm not a fool neither" was supposed to be an irony, and I'm glad someone picked it up (and if you believe that you'll believe anything!)

I suggest not doing humor on a lava flow when the hot lava is still flowing below the cooler surface; you aren't good enough to avoid cracking the surface. I'm not sure yet whether hell is a pahoehoe or an aa flow or maybe the crater home of Pele herself (pahoehoe may be purgatory and aa, dead horses), but, all three should be trod carefully.

I see someone has the popcorn; I'll offer up some guacamole and chips.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May we please have a cannibalism post now. And Mousie, nice post. You came very close to suggesting RooK has 100 times zilch respect. It wasn't until I reread it, I discovered that wasn't the implication.

And Tortuf, we need your voice of reason. Otherwise we won't know how many standard deviations we have deviated from it...

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
... I agree, nothing inherently wrong {with being a fundamentalist, one assumes}, so long as it isn't blind love and pig-headed adherence. Generally it's a lack of humility which gets people backs up, but while that occurs everywhere, those known as fundies do it best.

My mileage varies from that, often and widely.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:

The rugburn mention is what summoned you, isn't it. Which uptight old adenoidal author are you quoting there?

quote:
Originally posted by Patdys:
May we please have a cannibalism post now.

All my posts are cannibalism posts. It's just that the ones involving condiments are more obvious. Surely you've seen me play with my food before, letting them marinade in their doom.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:

Not to undercut your fury or anything, RooK, but I really need to know-- what in God's Holy Name is a wet choir? It sounds pornograpic.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
psst, Kelly, highlight of the River Pageant part of the Diamond Jubilee fest was the wet choir at the end
Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I still don't know what a wet choir is.

--------------------

Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Kelli--It was cold. It rained. Everyone got wet. The choir also got wet. They sang anyway. This is England. The Queen and the Duke had to stand on their barge smiling and waving for four hours without a drink or a pee break. The Duke (who is old enough to know better) is now in hospital with a bladder infection.

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Well, I am pretty stupid, I guess.

Not as stupid as someone who spells Kelly with an "i" though. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Abases self. I am so sorry, Kelly. Forgive me. I hadn't had enough coffee yet--and, yes, I have a close friend over here who spells it t'other way.

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Luckily you're cute when you abase yourself.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
I still don't know what a wet choir is.

I think your mistake (and mine) was to somehow think that the wetness was supposed to have a direct influence on the sound of the music.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Well, they may have been enthusiastic about it.

--------------------

Steve H
Shipmate
# 17102

- Posted      Profile for Steve H   Email Steve H   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
quote:
even in Hell a modicum of intelligence and originality doesn't come amiss

I dare you to assert that again, except with a modicum or intelligence OR originality.
A 'Ship of Fools' admin, called RooK
Told a shipmate called Steve H "Now LooK -
I dare you to say
What you said t'other day
But with brains and no cliches - they SucK."

--------------------
Herbert Butterfield.

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not bad. Not bad. But look and suck don't rhyme unless you're from New Zealand.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You posted on the wrong thread. Yours is called Great Prats Redefined.

And limericks belong in the fucking Circus.

eta: This was to Dursley. And by peculiar happenstance also to Everstirshit.

[ 05. June 2012, 07:23: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Steve H
Shipmate
# 17102

quote:

They rhyme when I say them!

--------------------
Herbert Butterfield.

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

Oh fook off.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
quote:
quote:

Oh fook off.
[Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Steve H
Shipmate
# 17102

quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
quote:
quote:

Oh fook off.
[Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Herbert Butterfield.

Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There's a story of the 50s explorer Sir John Fuchs being given a civic reception somewhere in the West Riding, and being introduced by the Mayor as Sir John Fucks.
Sir JF: Actually, your Worship, it's pronounced 'Fooks'
Mayor: Now then, Sir John, I'll have no bad language in my town...

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Angloid
Shipmate
# 159

- Posted      Profile for Angloid     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Or the newspaper headline: "Sir John Fuchs off to North Pole"

--------------------
Brian: You're all individuals!
Crowd: We're all individuals!
Lone voice: I'm not!

Posts: 12927 | From: The Pool of Life | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
quote:

The rugburn mention is what summoned you, isn't it. Which uptight old adenoidal author are you quoting there?

If it had been a quote there would have been quotation marks around it. Unlike some I'm old-fashioned that way.

But more to the point, ever since Grits told me you were tall, quiet and had a nice smile your hairy monster alter ego with the pointed tail just hasn't had the same punch.

(As to rugburn, these days I think I'm living on the edge doing it on the sofa, which reminds me of the immortal words of Mrs. Patrick Campbell – note quotes - "The deep, deep peace of the double-bed after the hurly-burly of the chaise-lounge.")

[Razz]

--------------------

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
But more to the point, ever since Grits told me you were tall, quiet and had a nice smile your hairy monster alter ego with the pointed tail just hasn't had the same punch.

Why on earth does anyone think the devil is ugly? If he was, he wouldn't be so damn alluring.

--------------------

Sine Nomine

# 66

It was more the 'quiet' part.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016