homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Really? The Loch Ness Fucking Monster?? (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Really? The Loch Ness Fucking Monster??
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ahem. I THINK you'll find that Nessie was a monster that terrorised Inverness and the surrounding area for many years until Columba came to visit the Pictish king. Columba banished the monster in the name of the Lord, telling it to **** off into the loch. That's why no-one's ever seen it properly.

Dr Who.... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And we couldn't put her in a zoo? No excuse.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Srsly. We could swap her for some more pandas.

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Socratic-enigma
Shipmate
# 12074

- Posted      Profile for Socratic-enigma     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
I think we have already established upthread that dinosaurs became extinct because they were gay. Apart from velociraptors, who turned into bluetits. It was while King James was fishing on the banks of Loch Ness that he saw something that caused him to insist the translators of his bible put in references to Leviathan (since he didn't know the word 'dinosaur' - this being before evil science was invented). He also wrote a book about witches, or, as we know them, feminists.

A Naturalist who’d been studying bluetits for more than twenty years, marvelling at their joyful (they twitted a lot) and harmonious relationships in life-long monogamy – was shocked to discover, with the advent of genetic testing, that none of the progeny of any of the couples in his study were Dad’s! These caring, demure faithful females were nothing but a bunch of brazen hussies – having it off with any layabout tit who happened on the scene when Dad weren't lookin'.

This has clear implications for bluetits,

And velociraptors

And evolution

And God

And Atheists

I’m just not sure what

S-E

--------------------
"Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office than to serve and obey them."
David Hume

Posts: 817 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Christians indoctrinating school kids with scientific falsehoods .... Disgraceful !
What with that, and the secular masses telling kids that a beardie weirdie goes around once a year delivering pressies to children all over the world in a single night.

Where will it all end ?

[ 27. June 2012, 22:22: Message edited by: rolyn ]

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Think²:

[ETA My reference to Muskellunge was because when I read the wiki on the northern pike, it said it was muskellunge that were known as jack fish.]

That's Ontario. Jacks are pike. Jacks are definitely not muskelunge (one L here). And if they show up here, we probably would also call them jacks because we really don't get them in the west and north and they look like jacks. I've only ever seen one actually.
Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They are muskies, properly muskellunge (two L's, please). Pike and Muskies are similar predators so where you will find one, you won't find the other.

Southern Ontario is muskie territory, pike are not welcome here, the Ministry of Natural Resources is on the lookout.

Nobody here calls a muskie a jack. Silly Westerners.

Or it could just be a stupid carp. They were introduced here by some British twit who though thought those garbage fish were sport.

Around here we see British fisherman who have booked an "expedition" to fish for carp. The locals giggle and the tour guide counts the fees from another idiot he has just fleeced.

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How to make this thread die, now that it's become a detailed examination of the ecological niche filled by members of Esocidae...

Oh wait, I know.

DINNER DANCE [Snigger]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Go make love to a kangaroo.

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
{Puts in emergency call to PETA about pretty much the entire thread.}

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sober Preacher's Kid:
Go make love to a kangaroo.

I suddenly have a quite different perspective on the use of the F-word in the thread title.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, I'd watch your arse in the Great Glen...

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Black:
Yeah, I'd watch your arse in the Great Glen...

Promises, promises...
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't think I look remotely like a dinosaur.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here we go - I knew Bill Hicks's comments on this would be around...

Bill Hicks on dinosaurs and Texan fundamentalists

Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My hero.

"I think God sent you here to test my faith."

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

jbohn
Shipmate
# 8753

- Posted      Profile for jbohn   Author's homepage   Email jbohn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
They are muskies, properly muskellunge (two L's, please). Pike and Muskies are similar predators so where you will find one, you won't find the other.

How to explain the tiger muskie , a hybrid of northern and muskie, then? We see them relatively often hereabouts.

--------------------
We are punished by our sins, not for them.
--Elbert Hubbard

Posts: 989 | From: East of Eden, west of St. Paul | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jbohn:
quote:

How to explain the tiger muskie , a hybrid of northern and muskie, then? We see them relatively often hereabouts.
Not to get too far off topic, but tiger muskies are usually an introduced, sterile species. They'll take out some of your smaller prey fish, restoring a certain ecological balance, provide some fun for your fishermen, and, after a certain amount of time, die. They also have a tolerance for warm water that neither Esox lucius or Esox masquinongy (I think I spelled those correctly) have, meaning that they can be introduced in places people don't know what pike are.
Quite useful for fisheries management, no?

(This is what I get for having an ichthyologist best friend)

Oh, and I apologize for getting the end of Terror wrong. I own up to it now, before I get the well-earned Hell call I deserve for messing up a classic Who plot point.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jbohn:
quote:

Not to get too far off topic, but tiger muskies are usually an introduced, sterile species. They'll take out some of your smaller prey fish, restoring a certain ecological balance, provide some fun for your fishermen, and, after a certain amount of time, die. They also have a tolerance for warm water that neither Esox lucius or Esox masquinongy (I think I spelled those correctly) have, meaning that they can be introduced in places people don't know what pike are.
Quite useful for fisheries management, no?

(This is what I get for having an ichthyologist best friend)

Oh, and I apologize for getting the end of Terror wrong. I own up to it now, before I get the well-earned Hell call I deserve for messing up a classic Who plot point.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

This may be the best thread posted on any board, ever. Cryptozoology, vintage Who, Bill Hicks, ichthyology, bird sex-- Jesus, throw in something about the common sowbug and I might just have an orgasm.

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Well Kelly, just to make your night, let's talk about isopods, everyone's favorite terrestrial crustacean. I bet you like lifting up old, neglected flowerpots just for that visceral thrill of finding creepy-crawlies to roam all over you for your depraved purposes, don't you? They don't even roll up and stay still—no, they'll march on when you poke them in just that right way, won't they?

You naughty girl. You like your men to moonlight in entomology, don't you?

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
... everyone's favorite terrestrial crustacean.
EXACTLY. [Axe murder]

(Oh and yes, I love a bug man, Who doesn't?)

[ 29. June 2012, 06:06: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
This may be the best thread posted on any board, ever. Cryptozoology, vintage Who, Bill Hicks, ichthyology, bird sex-- Jesus, throw in something about the common sowbug and I might just have an orgasm.

Introducing the Cryptid Zoo: A Menagerie of Cryptozoology!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you like Cryptids, have you tried reading this?

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
... everyone's favorite terrestrial crustacean.
EXACTLY.

But but but - what about me? [Waterworks]
Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Earwigs aren't crustaceans; woodlice are, as are the species that curl up, the pill bugs. Woodlice are called sow bugs in the US, apparently (and curly bakers in Somerset)

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My cats still luv your species, Earwig [Biased]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
Earwigs aren't crustaceans; woodlice are, as are the species that curl up, the pill bugs. Woodlice are called sow bugs in the US, apparently (and curly bakers in Somerset)

The name of this particular bug is susceptible to incredible regional variation in the US-- hell, in California-- but Google Images tells me "Yep, that's the bug I'm talking about."

Earwig--you are the subject of many gruesome urban legends, isn't that enough?

--------------------

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
RE: Firenze: "They would say that, wouldn't they? Just wait til the bluetits work out how to operate the door handles..."

I too, love you, Firenze! Your posts are making me spit food all over my laptop... which is both amusing and disgusting! [Biased]

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Sister, you really need to get out more! [Big Grin]

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Speak for yourself.

(ETA: AristonAstuanax understands. What need have I for further response?)

[ 29. June 2012, 19:37: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Otter
Shipmate
# 12020

- Posted      Profile for Otter   Author's homepage   Email Otter   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Armin:
If you like Cryptids, have you tried reading this?

Aeslin Mice FTW! Cheese and Cake!

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data", YMMV, limited-time offer, IANAL, no purchase required, and the state of CA has found this substance to cause cancer in laboratory aminals

Posts: 1429 | From: Chicago, IL 'burbs | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
que sais-je
Shipmate
# 17185

- Posted      Profile for que sais-je   Email que sais-je   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mockingale:

1) Some never developed beyond the intellectual level of an eight-year old and are incapable of grasping metaphor and symbolic thought - Genesis must be literally, factually true in every detail or else nothing in the Bible is of any use;

The three stages of argument:

a) They don't know the facts - if they did they'd agree with me. They are ignorant.

b) I've told them the facts but they obviously lack the intellectual ability to follow my logic. They are idiots.

c) I've explained it all so carefully a three year old would understand. They must understand but be deceitfully pretending they don't for some nefarious purpose.

"So it goes," as they say on Tralfamadore.

--------------------
"controversies, disputes, and argumentations, both in philosophy and in divinity, if they meet with discreet and peaceable natures, do not infringe the laws of charity" (Thomas Browne)

Posts: 794 | From: here or there | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Earwig--you are the subject of many gruesome urban legends, isn't that enough?

Im in ur brane, layin ma eggs. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Don't think I don't know that, ya freak.

--------------------

Mockingale
Shipmate
# 16599

- Posted      Profile for Mockingale   Email Mockingale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by que sais-je:
quote:

1) Some never developed beyond the intellectual level of an eight-year old and are incapable of grasping metaphor and symbolic thought - Genesis must be literally, factually true in every detail or else nothing in the Bible is of any use;

The three stages of argument:

a) They don't know the facts - if they did they'd agree with me. They are ignorant.

b) I've told them the facts but they obviously lack the intellectual ability to follow my logic. They are idiots.

c) I've explained it all so carefully a three year old would understand. They must understand but be deceitfully pretending they don't for some nefarious purpose.

"So it goes," as they say on Tralfamadore.

Sometimes idiots are idiots. I maintain that for many fundamentalist Christians (and atheists) anything less than 100% historicity destroys the credibility of the entire book. They can't accept that Genesis might disclose certain spiritual truths while not being an accurate account of the physical creation.

The other possibility that I hold out is that they are fearful - they possess the capacity to view the Bible on more than a purely literal plane but fear that to do so leaves too much up to individual interpretation and that their faith is too weak to allow it to withstand rational inspection.

Idiots or cowards. Which one are you?

Posts: 679 | From: Connectilando | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Choirboy
Shipmate
# 9659

- Posted      Profile for Choirboy   Email Choirboy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HughWillRidmee:
quote:
Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of folks! England, you are now our Australia. xoxo North America

Not sure about this - I thought we populated Australia with our criminals - we sent the (worst of our) religious fruitcakes across the pond - where some of them appear to have flourished.
America was founded by the people that Europe had the good sense to deport.
Posts: 2994 | From: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mockingale
Shipmate
# 16599

- Posted      Profile for Mockingale   Email Mockingale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Choirboy:
quote:
Originally posted by HughWillRidmee:
quote:
Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of folks! England, you are now our Australia. xoxo North America

Not sure about this - I thought we populated Australia with our criminals - we sent the (worst of our) religious fruitcakes across the pond - where some of them appear to have flourished.
America was founded by the people that Europe had the good sense to deport.
Given the history of Europe at least through the 1940s, I'd say that that can only speak well of the Americans.
Posts: 679 | From: Connectilando | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, Pond War! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Seriously though, if we begin a "who is more screwed up than whom" thread, we all lose.
And then the creationists win, as the content of the posts generally argue against evolution.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Given the history of Europe at least through the 1940s, I'd say that that can only speak well of the Americans.

Given the history of the United States through 2012, I'd say it's a toss-up.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Given the history of the world in general, I'd say it's time to move to Mars.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AristonAstuanax:
Given the history of the world in general, I'd say it's time to move to Mars.

They are auditioning for the chance...

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AristonAstuanax:
I'd say it's time to move to Mars.

You keep us out of this.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ricardus
Shipmate
# 8757

- Posted      Profile for Ricardus   Author's homepage   Email Ricardus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's not just Nessie - apparently the Giant's Causeway proves, er, something.

--------------------
Then the dog ran before, and coming as if he had brought the news, shewed his joy by his fawning and wagging his tail. -- Tobit 11:9 (Douai-Rheims)

Posts: 7247 | From: Liverpool, UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardus:

This link freezes my computer. I see the page, but it won't allow me to navigate.

This is a general heads up.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardus:

All it proves is that there are still people in the world who think crazy superstitious claptrap should be considered equal to reasoned scientific discovery.

[ETA: the link was fairly slow, but worked fine on my PC]

[ 06. July 2012, 10:26: Message edited by: Marvin the Martian ]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ricardus
Shipmate
# 8757

- Posted      Profile for Ricardus   Author's homepage   Email Ricardus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry about that. It's the Independent's website that's crap, I think.

Try The Guardian.

--------------------
Then the dog ran before, and coming as if he had brought the news, shewed his joy by his fawning and wagging his tail. -- Tobit 11:9 (Douai-Rheims)

Posts: 7247 | From: Liverpool, UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Giant's Causeway (Clochán na bhFomhórach) has been a point of contention for years with a planned visitors centre that initially looked like it was lining someone's pocket that it otherwise shouldn't have. Finally they got their act together and they have a fantastic space to put in the history of the site and record some of the legends (Fionn mac Cumhaill, the Irish warrior being the most famous one). Everybody thinks it's going to be great, but what do we get? Some fucking idiot claiming to speak for every Christian who says Christians believe the earth is only 6,000 years old. In a fucking visitors centre for people all over the world to come to! How embarrassing. How this was ever allowed I do not know. So bloody typical of an area where your sister might also be your mother. Bunch of inbred pricks.

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
PaulBC
Shipmate
# 13712

- Posted      Profile for PaulBC         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK I believe in the Loch Ness monstoer , Ogopogo in Lake Okanagan BC Cadborosarus off Cadboro Bay BC, Champ in Lake Champlain NY-Vt-Quebec Both lake Champlain & Lake Okanagen are very deep lakes .
As fopr fundies teaching that dinosaurs & man existed at the same time . That is dafter than anything I have heard of lately, oh maybe except the 10,000 year old earth also part of the ACE program. Their idea of science is mystic . [Votive] [Smile] [Big Grin] [Angel]

--------------------
"He has told you O mortal,what is good;and what does the Lord require of youbut to do justice and to love kindness ,and to walk humbly with your God."Micah 6:8

Posts: 873 | From: Victoria B.C. Canada | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016