homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Hurricane Sandy (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hurricane Sandy
Squirrel
Shipmate
# 3040

- Posted      Profile for Squirrel   Email Squirrel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For all of you in the storms path, how are you coping? Any damage so far?

--------------------
"The moral is to the physical as three is to one."
- Napoleon

"Five to one."
- George S. Patton

Posts: 1014 | From: Gotham City - Brain of the Great Satan | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
prayers ascending [Votive]

Especially for those missing from the (still, it seems) ill-fated Bounty.

[ 29. October 2012, 23:05: Message edited by: Banner Lady ]

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah,, check-ins appreciated, if convenient. [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Still here, even as the lights flicker and I dig into the "but this requires electricity to microwave, right?" junk food stash. So long as the Internet stays up/the lights stay on, I can stave off the cabin fever with Foucault and reading other people's stories of storm panic.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We had a three day power outage in my neighborhood during an horrific El Nino, and we wound up roasting weenies and cooking chili over the fireplace.

Keep warm!

[ 29. October 2012, 23:32: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in NY, but especially Shipmates.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pia
Shipmate
# 17277

- Posted      Profile for Pia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in Sandy's path tonight.
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Worst that's happened here was a scary loud thump when something hit but didn't damage one of my windows. Aside from that, daughter and I are fine.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:
prayers ascending [Votive]

Especially for those missing from the (still, it seems) ill-fated Bounty.

Damn. [Votive]

--------------------

Freddy
Shipmate
# 365

- Posted      Profile for Freddy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here in Philadelphia there have been high winds, but they come and go. Not too much rain. Trees are down in the community, but most of us still have electricity. Worst should be over in a few hours.

--------------------
"Consequently nothing is of greater importance to a person than knowing what the truth is." Swedenborg

Posts: 12845 | From: Bryn Athyn | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The storm isn't here yet, but lots of rain and high wind moving in. The locals have Christmas lights on big spruce trees, and tune them up each December, but have turned them on now to fight the fog; it is kind of eerie to watch the festive lights dance and sway in the wind. At least until the electricity goes out, expected tonight or tomorrow.

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
New Yorker
Shipmate
# 9898

- Posted      Profile for New Yorker   Email New Yorker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Power failing in Manhattan. Still on here. Very high winds with strong gusts. The cats are not amused. Prayers for all who are suffering much more than me.
Posts: 3193 | From: New York City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have that feeling of anxious waiting I get when we storm up. hang tough folks, we're all pulling for you.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It looks like things should be improving here in a few hours. Y'all in the northeast will have a way worse time of us than we are having, I'm afraid.

Stay safe, everyone!
[Votive]

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My niece is working in New Jersey at the moment; she posted pictures of chaotic supermarkets and taped-up windows on Facebook yesterday.

[Votive] for her and everyone in Sandy's* path.

* My nephew is called Sandy and can't decide between feeling [Cool] and [Eek!] at having a hurricane named after him ...

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothiriel
Shipmate
# 15561

- Posted      Profile for Lothiriel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pretty windy here in Toronto, and a death this evening from an airborne piece of debris. [Votive] Lots of people without electricity.

--------------------
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea. St-Exupery

my blog

Posts: 538 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for everyone in harm's way and for the clean up that will follow.
Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I'm still here, power, light, and everything; the lights aren't flickering, the wind is calming (mostly) and the rain isn't coming down in quite the same sheets as it was. I'd almost say that the very worst of the very worst has passed me, but that'd probably end up with me having a tree in my apartment tomorrow morning. So, while I'm still a tad nervous about the power, I wouldn't say I'm paranoid.

That said, the Washington Post's DC Live Shot is currently rather amusing.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thinking of you all.

I know there's a new production of 'Annie' coming to Broadway - but who knew her dog could do so much damage...!

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hugal
Shipmate
# 2734

- Posted      Profile for Hugal   Email Hugal   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying. Take care everyone

--------------------
I have never done this trick in these trousers before.

Posts: 1887 | From: london | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Top End Prayers emanating

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:

Interesting.

--------------------

Aggie
Ship's cat
# 4385

- Posted      Profile for Aggie   Email Aggie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers for all of those affected [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
“I see his blood upon the rose
And in the stars the glory of his eyes,
His body gleams amid eternal snows,
His tears fall from the skies.”
(Joseph Mary Plunkett 1887-1917)

Posts: 581 | From: A crazy, crazy world | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The devastation I've seen on the news is terrible. Not just the Eastern USA but as far inland as Toronto.

Praying for all. [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nephew & family recently moved to NY (Huguenot, which I think is Staten Island). Anyone know how things are there?

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Posts: 3060 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was quite windy last night, but now it's only around 25mph. There is about a half-inch of snow on the grass and on my car, but it's not sticking to the roads.

Here is a radar map. The blue is snow and the green is rain. I am very close to the southern edge of the snow area.

I was hoping the wind would take more leaves off my trees so that I could get them all raked up at once.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolemr:
Worst that's happened here was a scary loud thump when something hit but didn't damage one of my windows. Aside from that, daughter and I are fine.

Hope things are still ok where you are?
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Moo:

I was hoping the wind would take more leaves off my trees so that I could get them all raked up at once.

[Overused] Moo, you are amazing.

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:

Interesting.
"Sadly," they've fixed it since I last posted (though it's still rather nice and grey); they were having technical difficulties earlier, and were thus using a photo of a bright and sunny summer's day during the night of a hurricane.

Needless to say, I made it.

--------------------

Anna B
Shipmate
# 1439

- Posted      Profile for Anna B     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Checking in from Fairfield, CT, where the beach area was evacuated but our neighborhood was not. Our house is on quite a steep hill, perhaps 100 feet above sea level if not more.

We have received several automated phone calls from the first selectman's (=mayor's) office keeping us posted. Apparently there are quite a few power lines and trees down all over town. It is dangerous to go out and we are under orders not to do so. The good news is that our house has power!

I am so grateful for: the police and other emergency folk working through the night to keep us safe; our aforementioned First Selectman; United Illuminating, the power company; and President Obama. God bless 'em. [Votive]

--------------------
Bad Christian (TM)

Posts: 3069 | From: near a lot of fish | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Squirrel
Shipmate
# 3040

- Posted      Profile for Squirrel   Email Squirrel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From Queens, New York City...

Quite a few BIG trees down, but the Squirrels' Nest wasn't harmed. Some areas of NYC are without power; mass transit is at a standstill and most bridges and tunnels are closed. Don't know when I'll be back at work; ditto for the Mrs.

Our band was scheduled to do a Halloween gig tomorrow night in Manhattan, but we're canceling it.

--------------------
- Napoleon

"Five to one."
- George S. Patton

Posts: 1014 | From: Gotham City - Brain of the Great Satan | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] guys

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sounds like the scariest Halloween ever. It was reported there were 50 million people without electricity last night. I cannot imagine what that means to those trying to get services back online.

I am also still trying to get my head around the thought of a WINTER hurricane. Is that unusual? Cyclones in Oz are invariably associated with summer, tropical storms and the monsoon season.
[Votive] for all those now cleaning up, rebuilding and burying. It's a short time disaster with a long time recovery for many.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We (Delaware) had mandatory evacuations and a driving ban, but it wasn't as bad as I feared. Coastal areas are still evacuated and we're still assessing the amount of damage but up north it's mostly down trees and power outages. Not nearly as many as I thought given the leaves on the trees and whatnot.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I am also still trying to get my head around the thought of a WINTER hurricane. Is that unusual?

It is a summer hurricane, the sea is still warm where the hurricane formed. Sandy was originally a tropical storm. But coming North this warm storm has met a cold storm coming south. The result, a monster of a storm that is totally unpredictable.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Sounds like the scariest Halloween ever. It was reported there were 50 million people without electricity last night. I cannot imagine what that means to those trying to get services back online.

I am also still trying to get my head around the thought of a WINTER hurricane. Is that unusual? Cyclones in Oz are invariably associated with summer, tropical storms and the monsoon season.
[Votive] for all those now cleaning up, rebuilding and burying. It's a short time disaster with a long time recovery for many.

Hurricane season doesn't end until Nov 30. It's just very unusual to have one this strong this late, and Sandy had a lot of help from a front rolling in at the same time.

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Good God. Images from Jersey. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happily, despite dire warnings, it has been a non-event in Central Canada. Of course the lady who was clobbered and killed by a Staples ™ sign in TO probably had a different opinion. Must see what is happening in Atlantic Canada.

[ 31. October 2012, 00:46: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothiriel
Shipmate
# 15561

- Posted      Profile for Lothiriel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our power is back on, after 22 hours out. I can't imagine a week or more without power, like many many people in NY and NJ are facing. [Votive]

I've had a lot of coffee today, stretching out the last of my laptop battery while using Starbucks WiFi.

--------------------
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea. St-Exupery

my blog

Posts: 538 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have no power in my apartment, but the rest of the house does have power so my genius daughter got the bright idea to run extension cords from the powered section to us (with permission of course). So I'm back on-line and all's well here. My family are all OK, and my neighborhood is not badly off, some trees down and a lot of limbs, but nothing worse.

It's pretty bad in some parts of the city though.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

quote:
Originally posted by balaam:
quote:
I am also still trying to get my head around the thought of a WINTER hurricane. Is that unusual?

It is a summer hurricane, the sea is still warm where the hurricane formed. Sandy was originally a tropical storm. But coming North this warm storm has met a cold storm coming south. The result, a monster of a storm that is totally unpredictable.
Ahh...hence the "Frankenstorm" tag - makes sense now.

Very interested to see the graphs comparing Sandy with Irene, Yasi and Katrina. I was intimately acquainted with the fallout from Yasi as my mother lived at Cardwell where it crossed on to land. Sandy is the same intensity but about three times larger in diameter. [Eek!]

Cardwell is now a town half the size it was. Storm surges are different to inland flooding because of the salt left behind. The vegetation does not recover easily. Buildings and building materials even if left in tact corrode quickly. People leave because even if utilities come back quickly, the surge causes stinking sewerage to rise through everything. The place becomes unhealthy, and the infrastructure begins to implode as people leave, shops close and prices rise.

Storm surges are not fun. The five metre one at Cardwell changed life permanently. So far, Sandy's sea surge doesn't seem as high, but then the population affected is far far greater.

Hope the goodwill to pull together in the aftermath continues.
[Votive]

[ 31. October 2012, 05:06: Message edited by: Banner Lady ]

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolemr:
Have no power in my apartment, but the rest of the house does have power so my genius daughter got the bright idea to run extension cords from the powered section to us (with permission of course). So I'm back on-line and all's well here. My family are all OK, and my neighborhood is not badly off, some trees down and a lot of limbs, but nothing worse.

It's pretty bad in some parts of the city though.

very glad to hear from you. kept thinking of you in your basement apartment and hoping for the best.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by balaam:
quote:

Ahh...hence the "Frankenstorm" tag - makes sense now.
Further science bit:

A hurricane/tropical storm travelling North will have winds blowing from the South on the Eastern side and from the North on the Western side. When it meets a winter storm (winds travelling south) there will be a lot of cold winter storms on the Western side, where both winds are travelling the same direction. Expect lots of snow.

Ahead and West the winter storm winds will be sucked South and intensified, this is what happened in Toronto.

On the Eastern side tropical storm winds going north meet winter storm winds going south. Result chaos. In some places the winds will cancel, in others they will set up eddies. The storm could miss one place but hit another a few miles away with doubled intensity. Totally unpredictable, all the meteorologists can give you is a best guess.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

Good to hear from shipmates who are through the worst. Still praying. [Votive]

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here is an article about conditions in New York City.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Freddy
Shipmate
# 365

- Posted      Profile for Freddy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In Philadelphia I think about half the people are still without power. At least, we don't have power. So we are all scrounging around to people and places who have it!

The wind on Monday night was amazing! Not much rain but the trees whipped around like noodles all night. In the morning we saw that huge trees were down everywhere. Only a few hit houses, but power lines are down on many streets. This is a heavily wooded area.

Looks like Halloween trick-or-treating won't be possible tonight. I am trying to move it to Saturday!

--------------------
"Consequently nothing is of greater importance to a person than knowing what the truth is." Swedenborg

Posts: 12845 | From: Bryn Athyn | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Glad to hear Shipmates are checking in. Prayers ascending for all from this side of the Pond.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Anna B
Shipmate
# 1439

- Posted      Profile for Anna B     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A hearty THANK YOU for the prayers---we certainly need them!

--------------------
Bad Christian (TM)

Posts: 3069 | From: near a lot of fish | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Squirrel
Shipmate
# 3040

I spent two hours waiting for a bus going towards Manhattan this morning. All the buses were packed, and passed us by. There were lines at each stop going around the block. So I went home.

--------------------
- Napoleon

"Five to one."
- George S. Patton

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016