homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Time to Flush the Bilge Tanks (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Time to Flush the Bilge Tanks
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
quote:
Originally posted by The Rogue:
Sorry, I hit post instead of the URL button and then finished editing after the cut off so here is the rest of my post:

Most are already in Limbo but 2010, 2012 and 2013 are in Oblivion. Can these join their colleagues and be deoblivionated?

And if anyone has the missing threads I would be grateful if you could pass them on to me. Perhaps they are in an African TV station's cupboard, along with some more missing Dr Who episodes.

We are currently discussing the Death Pool threads-- more info when discussion is over.
I've moved them for now. Kelly, have the other suggested threads been moved or does that still need doing?

The big tidy happens tomorrow. The Ship will be off-line for a short while whilst the threads are deleted and a rebuild is done.

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I quit last night before I got to this:

quote:
Originally posted by IngoB:
And here's my selection from 2012:
  1. Trisagion and the Catholic Bishops - accessories to murder
  2. Faster than Light
  3. Come on down, Trisagion
  4. Fasting
  5. Retreat for Atheists
  6. We need more religion but we don’t need its zeal
  7. Looking on a woman to lust
  8. Called to marital celibacy?
  9. Radical vs middling Christianity
  10. God wants you stuck with each other forever
  11. Differences between Catholicism and Orthodoxy
  12. The God Particle
  13. Divine omniscience
  14. Ghosts

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I quit last night before I got to this:

quote:
Originally posted by IngoB:
And here's my selection from 2012:
  1. Trisagion and the Catholic Bishops - accessories to murder
  2. Faster than Light
  3. Come on down, Trisagion
  4. Fasting
  5. Retreat for Atheists
  6. We need more religion but we don’t need its zeal
  7. Looking on a woman to lust
  8. Called to marital celibacy?
  9. Radical vs middling Christianity
  10. God wants you stuck with each other forever
  11. Differences between Catholicism and Orthodoxy
  12. The God Particle
  13. Divine omniscience
  14. Ghosts

I'll do them tomorrow. Broadchurch has just started!

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Meh-- I got some time.. I will finish them off.

[Aaand... CHECK! [Big Grin] )

[ 05. January 2015, 21:15: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

At this point, all nominations are shifted. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

[ 05. January 2015, 23:55: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

quote:
At this point, all nominations are shifted. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

And it's Tuesday, I'm going in! Hopefully all I'll find in the bilge tank are some old threads and not a monster of some sort.

Tubbs

--------------------

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

Deleted 6532 topics, leaving us with 4978 and reducing Oblivion to 199 pages. And, for the first time in ages, managed to run the full maintaince programme - rebuilt the forum stat files, the search engine, user post histories AND the member stat files. (I have no idea what these things do as Erin used to do them, but hope it's all good!)

That's it for a bit! Bilge tanks well and truely flushed!

Tubbs

[ 06. January 2015, 11:32: Message edited by: Tubbs ]

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow! And in just two hours!
[Overused]

Good job, Tubbs. And thanks for doing it in the hours that I was sound asleep.
[Snore]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well done, ma'am.

I was a bit shaken when I discovered the boards ere down but managed to get an emergency appointment so I just about survived.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Many thanks, Tubbs. From my far off days in IT, I remember this kind of thing being both tedious and nerve-wracking.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

quote:
Originally posted by Adeodatus:
Many thanks, Tubbs. From my far off days in IT, I remember this kind of thing being both tedious and nerve-wracking.

It was! The worst bit was worrying that I'd entered the right number of days in the deletion box. There's a world of difference between threads older than 100 days and ones older than 1000! Got it right thank goodness!

Tubbs

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Hooray!

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You could have just dropped the '1' from the number of days. That would have made reindexing Oblivion very much easier.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
You could have just dropped the '1' from the number of days. That would have made reindexing Oblivion very much easier.

It would. But the resulting Styx thread might not have been much fun. [Disappointed] [Razz]

Tubbs

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

[Yipee] I just did a search on "tat queen" in Oblivion, and it gave me 65 hits in about 3 seconds!

--------------------

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

quote:
[Yipee] I just did a search on "tat queen" in Oblivion, and it gave me 65 hits in about 3 seconds!

The search engine works now?! Have you checked outside for horsemen / flying pigs?!

Tubbs

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tubbs:
The search engine works now?!

It'll be fine right up to the next time we move a bunch of threads to Oblivion and bugger up all the indexes again!

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Tubbs:
quote:

The search engine works now?! Have you checked outside for horsemen / flying pigs?!

Tubbs

THE DAMN SEARCH ENGINE WORKS NOW!

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] [Waterworks] [Waterworks] [Waterworks]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016