homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Greenbelt 2015 (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Greenbelt 2015
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think I was only at the treehouse for a KWR talk, and then I was actually outside the tent in the rain. So if you were doing that one, I might have seen you. Although I think I left before the questions (because I was getting wet).

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
busyknitter
Shipmate
# 2501

- Posted      Profile for busyknitter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Yangtze:

It was a great sadness not to wander into the Jesus Arms and find our late great shipmate Ken there, but a great joy to bump into his sister there instead (clearly continuing the tradition) and to hang out with her a bit.

And it was very lovely to run into you a couple of times and go to the Unthanks set together.

Not sure I can ever match up to ken's Jesus Arms performance (drinking the bar dry on a Monday night ain't ever gonna be my thing), but my son and I had a great GB this year. In previous years it was all about just "coping" tbh - he's autistic and needs lots of support. But he's 13 now, loves all kinds of music, thinks camping in the rain is funny and was patient enough to accompany Mum to a few talks. So we did pretty well.

Posts: 903 | From: The Wool Basket | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good to hear from you, Busyknitter, and glad to hear you had a good Greenbelt. [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just seen today on the Greenbelt Facebook thing that they have been having Serious Words with Friends First about their flyering, which was Not Authorised and definitely Not Acceptable.

Greenbelt has apologised to anyone affected, and has asked FF for a proper, formal apology, as well as (and this really cracks me up) payment for the time taken to clear the flyers and deal with the problems. They have also made it clear that FF are Very Much Not Welcome.

Judging by the response, others are also delighted at how seriously and quickly Greenbelt have dealt with this. So if you were affected adversely, then do let them know.

As for me, I had a flyer on my car, which I didn't notice until the following morning. After it had been out in the rain all night. I was surprised at seeing it, because it isn't the normal Greenbelt way.

I did read "Do you want to meet someone of the same faith as you" and thought "no way - one Grumpy, cynical dickhead is enough for any realationship"

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
...I did read "Do you want to meet someone of the same faith as you" and thought "no way - one Grumpy, cynical dickhead is enough for any realationship"

That just has to go in the Quotes File!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016