homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Bunnies, kittens, candyfloss and hope (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Bunnies, kittens, candyfloss and hope
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On this darkest of days, people have different coping mechanisms. If you want to let off steam, there are a couple of threads in Hell.

This is for those of us who take a different tack and want to be reassured that there is good in the world. You might consider it a form of escapism, and that's fine.

Since this is supposed to be a christian website, let's take as our inspiration Philippians 4:8
quote:
Whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things
So this is your space to show us all what is good about the world, what restores/repairs your faith in humanity, that which can bring a smile or bring us peace.

Go for it...

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Flashmobs/random acts of culture - here's one from Russia, with some nice spontaneous laughter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8nvPjKMDh0&nohtml5=False

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A friend sent me a link to an article on how knitting (and other crafts) had the equivalent benefits of meditation. In which case I ought to be the Dalai Lama.

But it is always good to create something. Even if it is only a woolly scarf or a cake. If you can then find someone who really needs a scarf or a piece of cake and give it to them, even better.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Someone, seeing that I looked fed up, has just offered me some cheese.

Regretfully I had to decline, but in the same spirit, I offer you this. There are still good things in the world to enjoy.

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I bring GIN. And soft drinks.

Frankly, 2016 can bog right off ...

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry you had to refuse the CHEESE, Ariel - may I have it instead, please?

There's also ALE, of course, and crusty WHITE BREAD, to go nicely with the aforementioned.

This thread is upcheering me already... [Smile]

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
A friend sent me a link to an article on how knitting (and other crafts) had the equivalent benefits of meditation. In which case I ought to be the Dalai Lama.

But it is always good to create something. Even if it is only a woolly scarf or a cake. If you can then find someone who really needs a scarf or a piece of cake and give it to them, even better.

This morning I've been knitting a small penguin and baked some cheese biscuits! [Yipee]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am heading towards emergency cake.

A nice French recipe:

Ingredients:
150 g flour
3 tsp baking powder (if using SR flour, add 1 tsp extra baking powder)
150 g sugar
2 eggs
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp oil
1 tbsp white rum
3 apples, peeled, 2 chopped fairly fine and 1 sliced

Method: heat the oven to 210°C. Throw all the ingredients except the apples in a bowl and mix with the electric beater to make a smooth batter. Stir in the chopped apples. Pour into a greased 20cm tin.

Put in the oven for about 5 minutes. Take it out again and layer the sliced apples on top (if you put them on the top at the start, they may sink). Put it back for about half an hour, until a knife comes out clean.

You know have emergency cake.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Returning you to the comfort of childhood. Where even Trumpton is reassuringly safe, calm and stable.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I headed straight for the cheese too [Smile]

I am now properly in ostrich mode - no TV, no radio news bulletins.

We went for a long two hour walk with Tatze and two older pups - marvellous therapy!

[ 09. November 2016, 12:33: Message edited by: Boogie ]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I usually work with the radio on. Can't be doing with it today.
I have Vaughan Williams on looping through fantasias on folk songs, Greensleeves, and especially Thomas Tallis, which brings to mind Julian of Norwich. Not sure she knew about what the world faces now, though.

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Maybe not, but she would surely have seen today's black and dismal outlook in the light of God's goodness and love.

IJ

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was feeling miserable till I went for a swim and a game or two of badminton. Nothing like a bit of excerise to make me feel better. I'm also reading my way through the Anne of Green Gables series, any book like that helps.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is one of the times when everyone needs a dog with whom to cuddle and with whom one can discuss whatever is wrong with the world. A kiss on the nose helps a lot.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's a new series of Planet Earth on the BBC. That's got to count for something.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a text message just now from a 25 year old of my family who asks if we could have a March for Tolerance and Resistance. I will go.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cats. All three of mine were very comforting last night and this morning.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tobey the cat sat beside me on the bed and purred loudly last night.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There is still "Breaking Cat News" in the world, even if news strips have not appeared since August (for Real World reasons irrelevant to this thread).

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
DonLogan2
Shipmate
# 15608

- Posted      Profile for DonLogan2   Email DonLogan2   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Personally I zoned out by watching Al Murray as the "Pub Landlord" videos. A bigotted fat oaf, that parodies himself and others of his ilk made the world a better place
PROOF THAT GOD EXISTS

--------------------
“I have of late, but wherefore I know not, lost all my mirth... "

Posts: 359 | From: the very depths | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
There's a new series of Planet Earth on the BBC. That's got to count for something.

And the first episode was utterly awesome! Racer snakes versus baby iguanas was thrilling TV! (Unless you happen to have a snake phobia - if so, maybe the stuff of nightmares!)

[ 09. November 2016, 17:53: Message edited by: Lucia ]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:

I've just watched that. Sublime tv. So much more affirming than the real life episode of Black Mirror that we seem to be living through.

--------------------

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
St Deird
Shipmate
# 7631

- Posted      Profile for St Deird   Author's homepage   Email St Deird   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My daughter was born two days ago. She is very cute, and just starting to figure out that faces are interesting to look at. I am remembering how lovely the soft sounds sleepy babies make are.

--------------------
They're not hobbies; they're a robust post-apocalyptic skill-set.

Posts: 319 | From: the other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by St Deird:
My daughter was born two days ago. She is very cute, and just starting to figure out that faces are interesting to look at. I am remembering how lovely the soft sounds sleepy babies make are.

How wonderful! [Yipee] That puts a happy smile on my face!

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
...and I've just been downstairs and stopped to see the twins, now three-and-a-half months, and got some big happy smiles.

Sadly I can't head for the cheese as the Dr is still restricting that but when the moment arrives...

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Plus, of course, there is always cricket to watch, although I feel the pressure of a little bit of the need to be domestic today and clear out my room!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by St Deird:

Congratulations. Enjoy the sleepy noises and the cuddles.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Has anyone mentioned CHOCOLATE?

and CHOCOLATE?

and CHOCOLATE?

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have lemon drizzle cake - it was one of those days yesterday requiring baking therapy.

However, CHOCOLATE...... mmmmm....

And a nice red wine too please.

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And my bird feeders this morning have been hosting parakeets, pigeons, starlings, sparrows, goldfinches, great tits and two gorgeous red breasted robins who seem to be co-existing happily with no territorial disagreements.

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Nephew Person took the afternoon today and we were sitting chatting outside his grandmother's house when a mongoose scuttled furtively by - shy, secretive creatures but they are lovely.

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

A brief period of sunshine this morning, so the bus ride to town was brightened by the lovely autumn colours on the trees...

...and there's WHISKY and CHOCOLATE for this evening...

(CHOCOLATE is proof that God loves us, and that She wants us to be happy despite Orange Men).

IJ

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
She wants us to be happy despite Orange Men
What have you against the Oompah-loompas? They work in the chocolate factory....

(Edited for speeling)

[ 10. November 2016, 14:09: Message edited by: kingsfold ]

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

And Mozart. I have been listening to some of the Piano Concertos this afternoon while updating the church website, and he is very soothing.

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

I had a piece of lovely news. One of my nieces has been struggling at school this year, as she's not the most organised of people, but yesterday she received a glowing school report that said the quality of her work was outstanding.

It made me a very proud uncle.

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I went to a construction supply company with my parents yesterday. It was surprising to hear a Beethoven piano sonata playing in the office! Since it was a young woman working there, I asked if she was a Beethoven fan, and she said that she was playing it for her unborn son!!

What a day brightener!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gin and a good book. "Dog on it," by Spencer Quinn written for young adults. A mystery story told by a dog. Mindless escape just what I needed.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ice cream. The more the better. I had two different servings of ice cream yesterday.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Nicole, that sounds wonderful - it is not [yet?!?] on my banned list - I shall go and get some later. Thanks for the idea.

I am contemplating a Plazza Special - Lazza is a local make of ice cream and a Plazza Special is a scoop each of Vanilla, Pista[chio] and Butterscotch with a few trimmings and costs, in US terms, a buck and a half!

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's a public holiday here today so I spent 5 hours weeding the garden. Thank goodness it started to rain then, so I could come inside with a clear conscience [Big Grin]

To celebrate my burst of energy I'm going to wallow in a lavender scented bubble bath, which will hopefully stop all my muscles seizing up entirely tomorrow morning.

I think in my enthusiasm I fed Georgie-Porgy her tea twice, so she's happy too.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I am contemplating a Plazza Special - Lazza is a local make of ice cream and a Plazza Special is a scoop each of Vanilla, Pista[chio] and Butterscotch with a few trimmings and costs, in US terms, a buck and a half!

Ooh, that sounds lovely - three of my favourite flavours! Enjoy!

One of my post-New-Year resolutions was to go out for lunch and catch up with people in real life who I haven't seen for a long time, or only interact with through FB/email/electronic means. I'm looking forward to meeting up with some old friends I haven't seen for 2-3 years for tapas, some good wine and a catch-up.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Alas I didn't get there, I had lunch and thought I'd just rest a minute before getting dressed to go out - you can guess how that turned out!

But I shall go and buy a litre later, I think - tomorrow a neighbour boy has his 12th birthday so I might kidnap and bring him into the house and force him to eat a dish of ice cream, however much he screams!

--------------------

Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

- Posted      Profile for Eigon   Author's homepage   Email Eigon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Singing is always a joy, and on Wednesday we had a glorious session of folk singing (and old pop, and blues and The Fastest Banjo in the World), which made us all feel much better about the world.

--------------------
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

Posts: 3710 | From: Hay-on-Wye, town of books | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Partner's out feeding the wild birds. Life goes on. I

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I bought a new lipstick. Whilst I don't need a new lipstick, I did. If you see what I mean.

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

A bit of faith in humanity has been renewed in the last 24 hours. My sister's car broke down and she was told it needed a new engine. We're not a rich family and she was being quote £750 for a 2nd hand engine meant they wouldn't be able to afford Christmas or anything food pricier than Tesco Value. I was talking with my father about putting together a bailout fund for them.

At 9pm last night, a friend of hers set up a crowdfunding website and sent a link to their mutual friends.

By 8am, the full £750 had been chipped in from dozens of people adding small amounts and words of thanks for the little ways my sister had helped them out in the past.
[Axe murder] [Axe murder]

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*happy sigh*

I love reading these!

Some Ship friends and I have participated in a fun narrative on the Book of Face, in which we celebrate Organists Behaving Badly™. It's like playing make-believe as children! Many thanks to those who have participated and laughed with us. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I didn't buy the ice cream - neighbour boy will be at a marriage tomorrow and will probably eat far too much ice cream there - but I bought myself a bag of rather nice savoury banana chips.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tubbs:
I bring GIN ...

Thank you very much - slainte mhor!. [Smile]

BTW, why has the second glass from the left got a thistle in it? [Confused]

I know it's a wee bit early, but D. reminded me the other day of this CD, which IMHO (and his) is The Best CD Of All Time™.

It's my accompaniment of choice when I'm making Christmas presents or putting up decorations.

We discovered it a an extremely boozy choir Christmas party. We were singing Christmas carols (very loudly and rather badly) in one room when one of the tenors came in from another room and said, "stop what you're doing and come and listen to this!" We did, and were immediately hooked.

[Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
anoesis
Shipmate
# 14189

- Posted      Profile for anoesis   Email anoesis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
quote:
Originally posted by Tubbs:
I bring GIN ...

Thank you very much - slainte mhor!. [Smile]

BTW, why has the second glass from the left got a thistle in it? [Confused]

The second glass from the left has lavender and rosemary in it. They all look completely ravishing, but tbh I can quite happily drink gin without anything added at all.

--------------------
The history of humanity give one little hope that strength left to its own devices won't be abused. Indeed, it gives one little ground to think that strength would continue to exist if it were not abused. -- Dafyd --

Posts: 993 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016