homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: The Joys of Passive Aggression (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: The Joys of Passive Aggression
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

- Posted      Profile for Go Anne Go   Author's homepage   Email Go Anne Go   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, the holidays. Christmas, New Year, Boxing Day (ok, maybe not in that order) Winter Festival, Kwanza, and the Monday Bank holiday in Britain, where I am currently ensconced.

And for even more enjoyment at my ensconcement, I log on to check e-mail today and discover that the evil roommate (let's call her......nah, let's just stick with Satan's Fuckbuddy), who has promised to move out for the last six months, who when the other roommate got sick of such promises was smart enough to go to court and get a court ordered agreement that said SF had to move out December 31 (and also waived her right of appeal), announced yesterday that.....
she wasn't going to move out until January 15.

Of course, she is incorrect in her statement, as the posession of the court ordered agreement (which is in itself amazing, as SF "mistakenly" opened Dawn's mail and neglected to put back the official copy of the court ordered agreement, but Dawn was smart enough to call the court and discover she had not received all documents and indeed had a new copy sent to her office) means that Dawn will get herself to the sherriff's office on Monday when it opens, pay the necessary deposit/fees, and have the eviction order executed, which will apparently take 48 hours, so it should happen on Wednesday.

I'll be home Monday night, and quite honestly I'm debating not working Wednesday so that I can get a deck chair and sit back with a G&T while this woman is moved out on her rear.

In the meantime, this woman has made all kinds of passive aggressive statements. Some of the ones in the run up to the court date were spectacular. Until, of course, the night before when she came in, apologized for "causing any trouble" (such as requesting a jury trial for an eviction matter), and said that she'd agree to move out by December 31 if the whole matter was dropped. Dawn rightly said not without an enforcable court order. After the hearing, SF turned to Dawn's witness and said "I think Dawn should apologize to you for wasting your time." Now she is apparently threatening to call animal control and report animal cruelty. Exactly on what grounds I don't know, as these are some of the happiest and well cared for cats I've ever seen, but whatever. The list goes on.

You know, sometimes it isn't the passive part, it is the just sheer aggression!

[ 17. January 2005, 16:57: Message edited by: RooK ]

--------------------
Go Anne Go, you is the bestest shipmate evah - Kelly Alveswww.goannego.com

Posts: 2227 | From: Home of the 2004 World Series Champion Red Sox | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are there extra deck chairs? If I weren't on the wrong side of the pond, I'd be glad to bring the G&T fixings in return for a ringside seat. [Snigger]

Perhaps Dawn could sell seating and thus help defray the legal costs?

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

- Posted      Profile for Go Anne Go   Author's homepage   Email Go Anne Go   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Honey, you're in New Hampshire. We're in Cambridge, MA. Come on down!!!!!! (I'm only in the UK for hollydays. And the M&S lingerie sale.)

As for the legal costs, this is one of the statements that SF keeps making - how it will cost Dawn money to get her evicted by the sherriff. This is technically true, in that Dawn has to pay the deposit on having SF's stuff stored. However, this money gets reimbursed to Dawn when SF pays to get her stuff out of storage, the principle being that Dawn should not have to pay for SF's issues.

Should SF not pay for storage after the initial deposit month, her belongings are sold at auction (they won't bring much, trust me), the money is used to cover the costs of the storage, and any extra is reimbursed to Dawn, up to the amount of the deposit she made. Anything on top of *that* (unlikely) is then reimbursed to SF. Anything then still owed to Dawn entitles Dawn to sue and get a judgement against SF.

All that said, at this point in time, Dawn would and will happily pay the required amount just to get rid of her, even if she never gets it back.

[ 01. January 2005, 21:40: Message edited by: Go Anne Go ]

--------------------

Posts: 2227 | From: Home of the 2004 World Series Champion Red Sox | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Go Anne Go:
(I'm only in the UK for hollydays. And the M&S lingerie sale.)

Good grief, M&S knickers are worth crossing the Atlantic for?

Anyway, I hope you get this human pustule out of your dwelling with no more hassle.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

It isn't the knickers so much as the bras, really. I always find it quite amazing that the bustier you are, the less sexy the architecture to hold them up seems to get. But M&S does a brill job, and it is quite cheap now in the sales even with the most appalling exchange rate I've ever seen in my 15 years of back and forthing the Atlantic!

|SF still declares she's not going til the 15th. Tomorrow, the sherriff!

--------------------

Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
hmmm - i really might try m and s shopping today [Big Grin] tee hee
Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Glimmer

Ship's Lantern
# 4540

- Posted      Profile for Glimmer   Author's homepage   Email Glimmer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not being a complete expert in ladies nether attire, nor indeed in the possibilities of textile engineering, but is it within the realms of hope that M&S can supply a 'contain and uplift' big enough to secure the charming SF for transportation to the South Pole?

--------------------
The original, unchanged 4540.
The Temple area, Ankh Morpork

Posts: 1749 | From: Ankh Morpork, Dorset | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
It isn't the knickers so much as the bras, really.

For real Vorsprung durch Technik I find the Triumph Doreen (ah, when was that last a Good Idea for a product name?) holds a place in my heart (and obviously holds a few other things in place as well).

One thing annoys me though - all this 'medium control', 'firm control' - you never see that on mens' underpants. Where it would make some sense.

Glimmer, what have the penguins ever done to you that you should wish this succubus on them?

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Qestia

Marshwiggle
# 717

- Posted      Profile for Qestia   Email Qestia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
We're in Cambridge, MA. Come on down!!!!!!

Hey, so am I! Tell me when to show up and I'll bring the deck chairs...I have extra.

--------------------
I’m on Aslan’s side even if there isn’t an Aslan to lead it.
I’m going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn’t any Narnia.

Posts: 1213 | From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

- Posted      Profile for chukovsky   Author's homepage   Email chukovsky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've gone back to the UK from two different, other, continents for M&S underwear. I used to buy both knickers and bras there but now get some of my bras from Figleaves or Bravissimo (Little known fact - when you lose weight, it's possible to lost most of it off your waist and bra back rather than bra cups, hence sending the bra cups upwards to unfeasible sizes that are rarely found in your smaller M&S).

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank. Do not write on both sides of the paper at once.

Posts: 6842 | From: somewhere else | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Qestia:
quote:
We're in Cambridge, MA. Come on down!!!!!!

Hey, so am I! Tell me when to show up and I'll bring the deck chairs...I have extra.
We have the makings of a mini-meet here, ladies! Do let us know the date, Anne!
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Joan Rasch
Shipmate
# 49

- Posted      Profile for Joan Rasch   Email Joan Rasch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
We have the makings of a mini-meet here, ladies! Do let us know the date, Anne!

I can see it now on All Saints - the "Watch the Middlesex County Sheriff's Department Do Its Thing Meet"

Joan [Oh Dear God] Rasch

--------------------
* A cyclist on the information bikepath

Posts: 509 | From: Boston, MA USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pax Romana
Shipmate
# 4653

- Posted      Profile for Pax Romana   Email Pax Romana   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And, of course, Anne has to give all of us who cannot be there in person every single little detail of what goes down when the woman is finally evicted.

This is better than a supermarket tabloid!

Pax Romana

--------------------
I used to wake up at 4 A.M. and start sneezing, sometimes for five hours. I tried to find out what sort of allergy I had but finally came to the conclusion that it must be an allergy to consciousness.
James Thurber

Posts: 4598 | From: New York City | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Codepoet

Best Bear On Board
# 5964

- Posted      Profile for Codepoet   Email Codepoet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have logged on especially to get an update to this saga. C'mon, I know it is still 3pm on the east coast, but I want to go to bed soon, and I wanna here all about it...

--------------------
It's more important to be kind than to be right.

Posts: 1156 | From: Southampton | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll be there in spirit, cheering on the sheriffs as they do their thang [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Duo Seraphim*
Sea lawyer
# 3251

- Posted      Profile for Duo Seraphim*   Email Duo Seraphim*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There are some people where only a court order will do. Don't forget to change the locks.

--------------------
2^8, eight bits to a byte

Posts: 3967 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

I have arrived back in the People's Republic of Cambridge, MA. The SF is still there, and Dawn went to the sherriff's yesterday. She thinks, but cannot yet confirm, that the sherriff has been to post the notice on the door. If they didn't do it yesterday (and Dawn did go first thing), they will do it today. The 48 hour countdown is happening as I type.

Not a thing, and I mean not one thing appears to have been packed. And since she's got a helluvalotta stuff, this appears to be bringing passive aggression to a new level. Of course, when I moved in, she had stuff hanging in my closet. I came the day before the movers. She said she'd get the clothes out that afternoon. Instead, she got them out when the movers arrived there and started putting stuff in the room. The clothes went to the sofa and stayed there for a month. When I put them into at least one pile instead of having them all over the sofa, she complained. And then spread them all out again. In the meantime, no one can use the sofa. This is the sort of thing I'm talking about. (The stuff has now just been removed, and I don't care about her bitchin.)

Tomorrow could well be the day. G&Ts ladies?????

--------------------

Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

quote:
Originally posted by Duo Seraphim:
There are some people where only a court order will do. Don't forget to change the locks.

Oh, don't worry. We were going to do that anyway.

--------------------

Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

Pray for me, pray for me, pray for me.....there's a whole lotta deadbeats in Suffolk County as it turns out, and the sherriff can't schedule an eviction til a week from tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not going to be able to take it. I'm just not!
Anne

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have faith in you, Anne, that not only can you outlast this miserable roomie, but that you can out-bitch her the entire time as well.

Keep us appraised. Let us know if we can help.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

Um, thanks? Quite the back handed compliment there Rook, but whatever.

Outlast, outwit, outplay. She is rather slow and dimwitted. Not to mention all but hiding in her room!

--------------------

Glimmer

Ship's Lantern
# 4540

- Posted      Profile for Glimmer   Author's homepage   Email Glimmer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't stand the tension! This is worse than the worst soap! I can feel myself getting wound up on your behalf, ready to smack anyone looking to be obstructive. Oh boy, I pray the showdown rolls your way without more hold up.
[Votive]

--------------------

Phos Hilaron
Shipmate
# 6914

- Posted      Profile for Phos Hilaron   Email Phos Hilaron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Webcam! We need a webcam! I want a live feed on the Big Day! [Devil]

Oh, and isn't there a M & S anywhere in the USA? We have one in Daejon, although admittedly it's a small boutique in another department store.

--------------------
Gaero?.......Gaero!

Posts: 1684 | From: Choson | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HangarQueen:
Webcam! We need a webcam! I want a live feed on the Big Day! [Devil]

..that would be cool. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dee.
Ship's Theological Acrobat
# 5681

- Posted      Profile for Dee.   Email Dee.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow,

a web cam, this is reality internet at its best. I am happy to host the NZ G&Ts at my place...we have broadband!!!

--------------------
Jesus - nice bloke, bit religious

Posts: 2679 | From: Under Downunder | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Physical evictions can be extremely traumatic, especially if the evictee is in complete denial as to the circumstance.

I was once compelled, while in the temporary role of apartment manager at a large complex, to forcibly evict a single woman who happened to be a devout Christian. All attempts to collect 3 months unpaid rent were met by pleas that her situation would soon be resolved with the help of Jesus. My hands were tied by the owners, lease agreements and the law.

When the horrible day arrived, I had hired 6 temporary laborers to help pack her belongings off the property. This happened to be at the end of a driveway leading into the complex. She had prepared nothing for the move and had kept insisting that Jesus would provide and save her situation at the last minute. It was a miserable experience. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth as the sheriff held her back during the process.

After 3 hours of shuttling her possessions to the curb, she sat miserably in a mountain of stuff with no friends or family to help. Later, she disappeared and over the course of the next week, her things were picked over by passersby till there was nothing left but a few plastic bags and junk.

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Qestia

Marshwiggle
# 717

- Posted      Profile for Qestia   Email Qestia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
Physical evictions can be extremely traumatic, especially if the evictee is in complete denial as to the circumstance.

Your story reminds me of a joke I heard awhile back. Rabbi keeps praying to G-d to let him win the lottery. Every day. Never wins. Finally, he gets mad. "G-d, I've served you well my whole life, why can't you do this one thing for me?" Voice comes out of the sky, "Well, buy a ticket already!"

Not sure I told that right, but I think you get the picture.

Anne, let us fellow New Englanders know when the mini-meet is scheduled for now.

--------------------
I’m on Aslan’s side even if there isn’t an Aslan to lead it.
I’m going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn’t any Narnia.

Posts: 1213 | From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

Man oh man, the SF has been claiming she's going to move in with the mysterious "Anya" on the 15th, except now Dawn's had a reply to a web ad for the room, and it was from the SF! (Don't you love anonymity on e-mail replys?) Dawn and I were both quite skeptical, but hey, now we know it ain't gonna happen......

Just can't believe it. It is all just too fucked up for words.

ARGH!

I think I will commence drinking G&Ts right away!

Bartolomeo

Musical Engineer
# 8352

- Posted      Profile for Bartolomeo   Email Bartolomeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anne,

We shall have to help you cultivate the proper attitude of sad detachment that is more appropriate for these proceedings. "Satan's fuckbuddy," as you insist upon calling her, is not here to defend herself, and so it is up to the rest of us to take, at least, the side of decorum, if not that of your roommate.

Over the course of years I too have had things go sour with roommates, as well as friends, landlords, employers, employees, suppliers, debtors, and creditors. Rarely, it has been necessary for me to seek out the aid of law enforcement in terminating such relationships; in many other cases I have seen law enforcement utilized in like fashion by others.

I once lived in a cheap apartment in a run-down portion of Atlanta. Evictions were carried out by the apartment complex every couple of months. There were also cars repossessed from the parking lot from time to time. I called the cops on the repo men once by accident, thinking them garden-variety thieves breaking into my neighbor's car. The cops gave the repo men a terrible fright and they were shaking rather badly by the time the whole thing was straightened out.

The evictions were, as a rule, rather like the ones Gort described. The sheriff's deputy would look on while hired movers would carry the now-homeless person's belongings to the curb. The effect was rather like that of a garage sale gone wrong -- cheap fiberboard furniture, now worn beyond the point of salvage, a beat-up old television, garbage bags full of clothing and linens. In perhaps half the cases, the ex-tenant would look on, in tears or nearly so, the grim reality finally setting in, watching over the few material things they had left. In most cases they had no means to secure or transport their belongings, and would take only what they could carry. Otherwise, the goods would sit abandoned on the curb, picked at by passers-by, subject to the elements, and ultimately hauled to the dumpster by the maintenance man after a week or so.

This is hell, right? So I can say bluntly that it is a sad deal for someone to be evicted by the cops and you're an asshole to treat it like entertainment. Grow up. Men with guns are going to come to remove her and her belongings from her place of residence and will utilize force and take her away in chains if she resists or interferes. Funny, isn't it? Pass the fucking popcorn, why don't ya.

Strive to replace your childish feelings of glee at the pain of others with a more mature feeling of relief tempered by compassion. You can still do what you have to do, but don't gloat. Your roommate, however much trouble she may have caused you, is still human.

The rest of you shipmates who have stooped to speaking of watching this over a webcam and drinking gin ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Bartolomeo

--------------------
"Individual talent is too sporadic and unpredictable to be allowed any important part in the organization society" --Stuart Chase

Posts: 1291 | From: the American Midwest | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

Bartolomeo,
You want to show her compassion, then YOU live with her. She is human yes, but she has gone to law school. She knows what's going on. She knew from day one. She has lived in the house one year, and has yet to pay the rent on time, although that pales into comparison when you look at the number of times she has failed to pay the rent at all. She didn't even LOOK for a job for 8 months, until her brother decided that at the age of 51, it was time to stop paying her rent while she didn't work. She has repeatedly, and I do mean REPEATEDLY promised to move out. Which is why I moved in. Because she's not moving out, I am living in the spare room, and she is making my life a living hell. My boyfriend wouldnt' stay the night due to her repeated interference. Her language in speaking to us can be best classified as "abusive." She conciously knows what she's doing, and yet persists in lying about it, opening other people's mail, and being passive aggressive. The passive bit is exceptionally passive, the aggressive bit is exceptionally aggressive. I am a compassionate person, and in some ways I do feel extremely sorry for her, but it is time for her to live up to her word. Since she won't, and since she knows what's coming, then I am prepared to treat it as entertainment, what with what I have had to put up with in the last few months from her (which is NOTHING compared to what Dawn has had to put up with in the last year). This is not someone in your complex's eviction, this is MY HOUSING SITUATION. It is going to cost in the realm of over $1000 to get her out. She knows what's coming - she's known all along and call it denial, but she's signed agreements and she has now broken them. Again. And again.

It would be a lot easier to be compassionate if:
1) she actually acted like she wanted any compassion instead of baiting her roommates all the time and
2) my mail wasn't being opened, my roommates mail wasn't being opened, and we weren't constantly being threatened with being called to animal control, the cops, or the courts.

You want compassion, then I suggest you be the better Christian than I and you come over here and pick up her and all her stuff and take her in. She's known this has been coming for MONTHS.

Besides, in the state of Massachusetts, her stuff is not carried to the curb. In order to evict her, we have to pay for six months of storage and the movers to get it there. Her stuff will all be removed, and put into storage at OUR (Dawn's, really) expense. It will not be picked over by people on the curb. There will be a moving van, and really no more onlookers than me in my deck chair and anyone who wants to join me. (And in fact, the last time I moved, I got a deck chair and some G&Ts for that, too. Refreshing.)

She's got a job now, and insists on telling us how much more money she's making than us, and how sad we are as individuals and people. I'm making those G&Ts extra strong.

[ 05. January 2005, 21:30: Message edited by: Go Anne Go ]

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well spoken, Bartolomeo.
Now, stop hogging the popcorn. I like buttery goodness to go with my shame and vindictive glee at someone being forced to feel the effects of the foolishness they've been foisting on others.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

And besides, just for extra fun, she is CONSTANTLY reminding us how much it is going to cost to get her evicted. Yeah, she knows its coming.

This is a woman who demanded a jury trial on her eviction claim as a delaying tactic, and then when on the day the judge refused it and hammered out a settlement (which she has now broken.) turned to Dawn's witness and said "I think Dawn should apologize to you for wasting your time in coming down here." I stick with the nickname of Satan's Fuckbuddy.

--------------------

Lurker McLurker™

Ship's stowaway
# 1384

- Posted      Profile for Lurker McLurker™     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bartolomeo-

Have you PMed your address to Go Anne Go yet?

If you are really willing to walk it like you talk it, you will offer to put Satan's Fuckbuddy up.

It would make you feel good, and you might even get a shag out of it too. After all, you and this woman sound ideal for each other.

--------------------
Just War Theory- a perversion of morality?

Posts: 5661 | From: Raxacoricofallapatorius | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
he he he.

P

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anne, you know, I would generally be a bit wary about moving into a new flat - when the previous occupant of "my" room hadn't moved out yet...It does sound like a situation which was going to be pretty difficult from the start...
Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

I was wary about moving in when she hadn't moved out yet. But I heard it from her own mouth that she was moving out October 15, so with my own tenancy ending, etc, it all seemed fine.

That is, until it wasn't. I moved in November 1, and the court dates were already rolling at that point.

There would be a lot more compassion if she wasn't taunting about it costing money to evict her. That's not denial, folks, that's just plain twisted.

--------------------

Bartolomeo

Musical Engineer
# 8352

- Posted      Profile for Bartolomeo   Email Bartolomeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lurker McLurker™:
Bartolomeo-

Have you PMed your address to Go Anne Go yet?

If you are really willing to walk it like you talk it, you will offer to put Satan's Fuckbuddy up.

As luck would have it everything is already rented. I do however have several mangers going unused, having kicked the cows outside. They can be quite comfortable when filled with straw. There may however be competition from cats and raccoons.

quote:
Originally posted by Lurker McLurker™:

It would make you feel good, and you might even get a shag out of it too. After all, you and this woman sound ideal for each other.

Sorry, one woman in my life is enough.

--------------------
"Individual talent is too sporadic and unpredictable to be allowed any important part in the organization society" --Stuart Chase

Posts: 1291 | From: the American Midwest | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

quote:
As luck would have it everything is already rented. I do however have several mangers going unused, having kicked the cows outside. They can be quite comfortable when filled with straw. There may however be competition from cats and raccoons.

As luck would have it, one of SF's only saving graces is she really likes cats. Don't know how she feels about raccoons.

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

Raccoons are just dumpy striped cats with thumbs.
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

Rather like the SF, then. So raccoons should be fine. Bring it on, Bartolomeo.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
During the intermission, can I sidetrack into a passive agressive story of my own?

I was planning to start up as a substitute again at the beginning of this week, but my mom gave me a big speech about a pile of work projects that needed doing, and that an individual that was going to help us would only be available next week. So I told her I would postpone things a week to get those done. One of them was moving a bed into my room, so I spent the beginning of the week clearing things out of my room.

By Wednesday I notice that nothing seems to be coming up about the work projects. So I ask my mom what is up. She launches into this big speech about how everything has come to a halt because there is a small, slow leak in one drain in the basement. I asked about the other guy who was planning to help us and she blew it off. I remind her that I took this week off to help out with this stuff, and she claims that was never settled.

From experience I know exactly what is going to happen: she is gonna stall and stall and wait until the day before I have a major test or a major paper and become wildly insistant that it needs to be done right then. Some version of this has happened every semester. I don't know how I made it through last semester.

Arrghhh! Get me out of here!

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

Kelly dear, I would suggest moving out if you could. And I find the best way to deal with the passive aggression is not to accomodate it. The night before your exam or whatever, I think the best thing when she pulls this is to just go in your room, shut the door, and put your headphones on. Lock the door if you have to. But sesriously, consider moving.

--------------------

Glimmer

Ship's Lantern
# 4540

quote:
Rather like the SF, then. So raccoons should be fine. Bring it on, Bartolomeo.

Er... GAG, Rook said 'cats' not 'rats'.

--------------------

Phos Hilaron
Shipmate
# 6914

- Posted      Profile for Phos Hilaron   Email Phos Hilaron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Actually, raccoons are related to dogs.

--------------------
Gaero?.......Gaero!

Posts: 1684 | From: Choson | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

quote:
Originally posted by HangarQueen:
Actually, raccoons are related to dogs.

Well, sort of. Procyonidae are nominally part of the Suborder Caniformia (dog-like), which is part of the Order Carnivora along with Felidae. However, you've got to admit that they look a lot like cats. They fly just like cats when you kick them hard. It's very distinctive.
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They're vicious, rabid scavengers. I once confronted, at night, a snarling masked gang of 15 with a baseball bat. This was at night in my backyard, where they were making loud, slurping, chittering noises while ravaging a plum tree outside my bedroom window.

I couldn't sleep. I was desperate. I was in my underwear. They won.

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
They're vicious, rabid scavengers. I once confronted, at night, a snarling masked gang of 15 with a baseball bat. This was at night in my backyard, where they were making loud, slurping, chittering noises while ravaging a plum tree outside my bedroom window.

I couldn't sleep. I was desperate. I was in my underwear. They won.

The raccoons had a baseball bat? [Eek!] They breed 'em tough over there - rapid evolution, perhaps... [Razz]

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

I read it that way, too, RevPM, and thought Gort was just being colorful. [Killing me]

We had one that hung around our house for a year (chowing down from the cat food dishes on the back porch). It got very friendly; too friendly, I realized when it walked up to my husband in broad daylight, put its paws on his thigh and stretched up its nose to see if perhaps he had something tasty in his (empty) hands. We trapped and relocated it after my toddler son tried to pet it one day while it was raiding the cat dish and received a (very gentle - no skin broken) nip as the raccoon made its escape through the cat door.

In the meantime, however, it had eliminated every single wasp nest (eating the larvae) under all the various eaves, nooks and crannies of our house and inside the barn. This was not a minor undertaking at all, and such a thorough job that nearly twenty years later, we have just a few nests here and there.

ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
Procyonidae are nominally part of the Suborder Caniformia (dog-like), which is part of the Order Carnivora along with Felidae. However, you've got to admit that they look a lot like cats.

They are really more like weasels pretending to be squirrels.

The pandas are the best ones. I mean the cute real pandas, the little red ones.

Zoologists have now worked out that giant pandas - the black-and-white ones with small genitals - are in fact not pandas at all but a sort of bear.

As any four-year-old child could have told them.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

A long time ago in another neighbourhood here in Boston, I lived in a slumlord building on the third floor. The raccoons used to actually break into our apartment! They would climb a tree, jump to the porch below ours, come up the stairs to our porch and push the window open (it popped out of the frame) to get at the cat's food.

Racoons are actually really big. Particularly when there's two of them at 4;30 in the morning in your very small kitchen. One was in front of the oven, and I realized that it would not have fit into the oven (don't ask me why that occurred to me - it was the small hours of the morning).

Still, they were preferable to the SF. The raccoons washed everything. The SF seems to observe some religious prohibition on bathing.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016