homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 4: Meet Mary and Joseph (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 4: Meet Mary and Joseph
Tour Manager

Nativity Play
# 3670

- Posted      Profile for Tour Manager   Email Tour Manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Sound of fax ringing in Joseph's workshop)

Warble warble

Warble warble

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

grzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-chunk!

rustle rustle

--------------------
Let's get this show on the roaaaaaaaaaaaa- *boink* (Eutychus)

Posts: 46 | From: Magic Tour Bus | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Switches on radio. Glances at BVM.

Well, I'm glad you got that silly idea of telling me "news" out of your head...

Leans back, eyes shut, listening to starting commentary. Radio OFF switch glistens.

--------------------
Joseph, the not-so-Jesuitical ex-Lad.

Posts: 177 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A fax? At this hour? Darn.

Switches off radio. Runs over to fax machine.

Argh, haven't got my glasses. Mary dear, what does the fax say?

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mary heaves herself off the sofa again, readjusts her blue dress, stalks across to the radio and makes really good use of the glistening OFF switch

Look, will you just listen to me for one minute! I. Have. Something. To. Tell. You.

--------------------
Can you have a white wedding in blue?
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3 begins to bolt after having the Pringles snatched from her mouth, but notices a nice pile of alfalfa hay and stops to eat.]

*munch*
*munch*
*mun......bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt*

BAAAAAAAAA!

[Sheep 3 runs off-stage, bleating in distress from minor burns to the mouth due to chewing through a TV cable.]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Infuriated by the theft of the pringles, the Director ponders her next move ; wash Joseph's mouth out, or mount a demonstration of 101 Uses for a Toasting fork. [Devil]

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
Originally posted by Virgin Mary:
Look, will you just listen to me for one minute! I. Have. Something. To. Tell. You.

Tell me what the fax says first! Honestly, I wish your mother had taught you some basic discipline...

--------------------

Tour Manager

Nativity Play
# 3670

- Posted      Profile for Tour Manager   Email Tour Manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Looking forward to bringing you all the sheep, lap dancers, and so on for the Happy Event. Bus holding up well but being pursued by angry-looking Camel Driver. Make sure the video hookups are working and get something for cat vomit

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

HAPPY EVENT?!

Is this some kind of joke? Mary, I think it's time you gave me an explanation.

The football can wait.

{sigh}

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's quite simple really, Joe.

Well, fairly simple....

Well, simple-er---ish

I mean, we talked about how much you'd like children, didn't we? Once we're married and all, of course.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss...

--------------------

Tour Manager

Nativity Play
# 3670

(Fax page 2)

We want everything to be spit-spot for the Happy Event Nazareth Lap-Dancing Carpentry Festival in ten days' time!

And of course it is most fortuitous that just a few months later, your dear fiancée zbrhdiwexxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx

(the rest of the page has been chewed off by a sheep)

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wanders backstage from dressing room

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tour Manager:
(Fax page 2)

We want everything to be spit-spot for the Happy Event Nazareth Lap-Dancing Carpentry Festival in ten days' time!

And of course it is most fortuitous that just a few months later, your dear fiancée zbrhdiwexxxxx
xxxxxxxx

From the wings...

First useful thing the wretched animal's done all night! [Killing me]

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Well, Joseph darling...

there was this stork...

Well, more of a dove, really....

Well, if you're going to be really pedantic about it, more of a parrot dressed as a dove.....

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Mary dear, I'm still waiting for an explanation...

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Look. I'm pregnant!

Isn't it good? [Big Grin]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Pssst Director - how's it going tonight?

*Finds one her hip flasks and takes a large slurp*

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
Look. I'm pregnant!

[Eek!]

[Ultra confused]

[Waterworks]

HOW?!

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*da da daaaaaaa!*

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

quote:
Originally posted by Fairy Godmother:
Pssst Director - how's it going tonight?

*Finds one her hip flasks and takes a large slurp*

OK so far, thanks, but I think Joseph's going to need one of those any minute. [Eek!]

--------------------
Miffy

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Now don't you go jumping to conclusions.....
I'm a good girl, I am.
You know I've kept myself pure. [Angel]

There's a perfectly reasonable explanation.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Originally posted by Joseph:
quote:
Look. I'm pregnant!

[Eek!]

[Ultra confused]

[Waterworks]

HOW?!

Want me to tell you the facts of life dearie?

[ 12. December 2002, 21:30: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
Now don't you go jumping to conclusions.....
I'm a good girl, I am.
You know I've kept myself pure. [Angel]

There's a perfectly reasonable explanation.

Oh REALLY? Well, I'd just love to hear it. I really would. I can't believe this.

How could you do this?

I don't know what to say. This is terrible. Terrible. Absolutely awful.

(And I'm not talking about the acting.)

How can you possibly be pregnant and still be pure?

[Frown] [Waterworks] [Frown] [Waterworks] [Frown]

--------------------

Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

Yells into the wings...

Angel alert, Angel alert! Reinforcements needed...Nazareth....Joe's Quick-Stop Chop Shop! [Angel]

--------------------
Miffy

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Director:
quote:
Originally posted by Tour Manager:
(Fax page 2)

xxxxxxxx

From the wings...

First useful thing the wretched animal's done all night! [Killing me]

[Sheep 3, having received first aid for the mouth burns suffered while chewing throught the TV signal cable which turned out to be a radio power cord, wanders over to Director and stares.]

Aaaaaaaa.

[Due to the mouth burns, Sheep 3 cannot pronounce consonants.]

Aaaaaaaa.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

But Joey, my sweet *sniff* Surely you trust me *sniff* You don't think I'd two time you do you? *sniff*

It's just that I was sitting in the garden and got this message from Gabriel...and he said I'd get pregnant... and...and....

Is about to mention the parrot again but thinks better of it

...Joseph, darling, you know you're the only one for me *simpering smile*

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

- Posted      Profile for Fourth Angel   Email Fourth Angel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*flutters on in a seraphic glow*

Did someone call for angels?

Can I do the appearing to him in a dream thing? He might put it down to the alcohol....

--------------------
From the goddess Inanna to the fourth angel from the left.

Posts: 62 | From: The Realms of Glory | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*dark and moody piano piece, with undercurrents of murderous strings*

--------------------

Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

quote:
But Joey, my sweet *sniff* Surely you trust me *sniff* You don't think I'd two time you do you? *sniff*

It's just that I was sitting in the garden and got this message from Gabriel...and he said I'd get pregnant... and...and....

Is about to mention the parrot again but thinks better of it

...Joseph, darling, you know you're the only one for me *simpering smile*

Huh! And you expect Gabriel to back you up? If you can find him. He turned up 25 hours late for the Annunciation, don't forget! [Wink]

--------------------
Miffy

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Mary dear, that's possibly the lamest excuse I've ever heard. Now, you have ten minutes to pack up your stuff and leave. I won't tell anyone - although, dammit, I should - but I don't want you in here any more.

I need some space.

I need some time.

[Waterworks]

What we had was so beautiful! [Frown]

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

But Joseph.... it was God, I tell you.

I'm still a virgin, honest...

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

*strings have finished murdering each other, and are now garotting the bassoonist*

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Mary, unless an angel tells me that himself, I'm afraid it just doesn't wash.

[Frown]
Who's going to bring me my Pringles from now on?

[Waterworks]

--------------------

Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

quote:
Originally posted by Musical Director:
*strings have finished murdering each other, and are now garotting the bassoonist*

Musical Director - If you're having problems with the orchestra, I could always sing for you instead. Remember my virtuoso performance this morning?! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miffy

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
But Joseph.... it was God, I tell you.

I'm still a virgin, honest...

*Under breath*

In the play maybe [Snigger]

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

But Joseph, please....

And I thought you'd be so happy... at least about little Jesus. I mean, it's understandable that you're less chuffed about the twin, I feel the same way myself, but little Jesus is so meek and mild, and sleeps so sweetly.

God's been so gracious to me

I know it's hard to believe.....

Oh Joe, please please let me still get your Pringles.... [Waterworks]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Wise Guy
Nativity Play
# 3707

- Posted      Profile for Wise Guy   Email Wise Guy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Meow!

--------------------
KELLY ALVES makes a flip remark and ends up in a play. Hi, Mom!

Posts: 205 | From: Second star to the right | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Gazes around desperately Please please God... now would be a really good time to send another angel!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

quote:
Originally posted by Fourth Angel:
*flutters on in a seraphic glow*

Did someone call for angels?

Can I do the appearing to him in a dream thing? He might put it down to the alcohol....

And I think we scripted a curry in there somewhere. [Smile]

--------------------
Miffy

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
And I thought you'd be so happy... at least about little Jesus. I mean, it's understandable that you're less chuffed about the twin, I feel the same way myself, but little Jesus is so meek and mild, and sleeps so sweetly.

Twin?! There's more than ONE?!

[Eek!]

Well, I have to be honest. I'm not sure I buy this angel malarkey. Sounds a bit fishy to me. However, my Pringles are important to me, and I need someone to shovel up the vomit and sheep "ploppings" (happy, you Puritanical whingers?) around here. So you can stay.

For the time being.

Oh Mary, I love you!

[Love]

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Oh Joseph... I just knew I could rely on you [Love]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

quote:
quote:

Twin?! There's more than ONE?!

[Eek!]

Well, I have to be honest. I'm not sure I buy this angel malarkey. Sounds a bit fishy to me. However, my Pringles are important to me, and I need someone to shovel up the vomit and sheep "ploppings" (happy, you Puritanical whingers?) around here. So you can stay.

For the time being.

Oh Mary, I love you!

[Love]

Humph! grudgingly That'll just about pass...I suppose. [Paranoid]

--------------------
Miffy

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
Oh Joseph... I just knew I could rely on you [Love]

You certainly can. All this excitement has me famished, though...

How about some pretzels, babe? A beer would be good too.

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

Whispers to director

Why can't that MCP get his own Pringles and clear up the sheep droppings himself? [Mad]

Takes another slurp from hip flask

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

No no no, cancel 'It Must Have been Love' by Roxette, we need something happier ... I don't know, anything!

Great. Just great.

*band breaks into 'Celebrations' by Cliff Richard*

--------------------

Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

quote:
Originally posted by Fairy Godmother:
Whispers to director

Why can't that MCP get his own Pringles and clear up the sheep droppings himself? [Mad]

Takes another slurp from hip flask

Grabs flask from Fairy Godmother

Never again! Next year it's panto or nothing.!

--------------------
Miffy

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
Originally posted by Musical Director:
*band breaks into 'Celebrations' by Cliff Richard*

[Projectile]

Oh dear. Mary, might want to bring the shovel again...

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

quote:
happy, you Puritanical whingers?

*cancels order for Josephs Christmas present - a Makita WorkMate 400watt bandsaw*

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Mutters to herself Hmmmm... well, he seems to have taken it surprisingly well, considering. I suppose.

And at least we have a stage hand to deal with the sheep mess.

I don't know, though, somehow I wonder if I'd have been better off sticking with that shepherd after all.

A little louder, with a real attempt to remain serene

Pretzels, sweetheart? I'll get them for you now, my dear. Let me put the radio back on for you... you're in time for the second half.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016