homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Mornington Crescent (Page 21)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Mornington Crescent
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tottenham Court Road
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Traveller
Shipmate
# 1943

- Posted      Profile for Traveller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Goodness, piglet, that's a brave move, nearest station to the lawcourts and all that. We get enough lawyers (barrack room variety and all that) here on MC without tempting them by playing Chancery Lane. [Ultra confused]

Quickly moving on, take the next train to Mile End.

--------------------
I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live:
I will praise my God while I have my being.
Psalm 104 v.33

Posts: 1037 | From: Wherever the car has stopped at the moment! | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Meadowhall Interchange, obviously. Buses, trams and trains are all running.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What is it about Sheffield that draws you there like a moth?

Why not go to Westfield at Shepherds Bush instead? There are plenty of buses, tubes and trains there too although I admit to the lack of Supertrams.

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's not uncommon, where there are a range of possible moves, to use stations you know well.

But to make you happy, Heathrow Terminal 5

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is Heathrow terminal 5 actually functional at the moment?

On the other hand Kelvinbridge most certainly is.

[ 22. January 2013, 10:24: Message edited by: kingsfold ]

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

Hardly relevant, given sub para 3 of Section 5 of MC 2010 by a Mr Brooke-Taylor and a H Lyttleton (dec.) - not in print, of course, but I thought everyone serious bought a copy as soon as it came out anyway.

Harrow and Wealdstone - I think you know why. Red Token if you'd be so kind.

--------------------

AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

- Posted      Profile for AberVicar     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
**zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz**

Gnnnn....

--------------------
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Posts: 742 | From: Abertillery | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
Hardly relevant, given sub para 3 of Section 5 of MC 2010 by a Mr Brooke-Taylor and a H Lyttleton (dec.)

Do we really have to take notice of them? I mean, it's not as if they invented the game or anything.

St. John's Wood for Lord's, where they can doze undisturbed until - and beyond - the beginning of the next cricket season. Mind you. Mr. H.L.'s doze will last longer than that. [Angel]

[ 22. January 2013, 10:55: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

quote:
Originally posted by Baptist Trainfan:
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
Hardly relevant, given sub para 3 of Section 5 of MC 2010 by a Mr Brooke-Taylor and a H Lyttleton (dec.)

Do we really have to take notice of them? I mean, it's not as if they invented the game or anything.

St. John's Wood for Lord's, where they can doze undisturbed until - and beyond - the beginning of the next cricket season. Mind you. Mr. H.L.'s doze will last longer than that. [Angel]

Since their yearbook is (or was) a distillation of rulings, rather than their specific ideas about how the game should be played, it's a useful reference.

Let's really annoy AV seeing as he's playing the "pretending to be asleep" game and nip over to Ceti Alpha 6

--------------------

AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

- Posted      Profile for AberVicar     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was enjoying your compliment of being Humph-like and trying out various ways of doing it...

If you want to go to that hell-hole, the next stop has got to be

Rahim Yar Khan

--------------------
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Shipmate
# 76

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's back to Magrathea [Yipee]

--------------------

AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Rigel VII

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Is The Restaurant at the End of the Universe playable at the moment? If so, consider that the move.
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

But we could go even further than that: Chesham.

I don't know if they have restaurants there, but surely they must have - it's leafy Bucks, for goodness' sake!

AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Rubicun III

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

There's a good Indian on the Berkhampsted Road in Chesham....

Northolt Park

AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Aldeia

--------------------

Pulsator Organorum Ineptus
Shipmate
# 2515

- Posted      Profile for Pulsator Organorum Ineptus   Email Pulsator Organorum Ineptus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Fangfoss
Posts: 695 | From: Bronteland | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If we're on the hunt for good restaurants ...

Belfast York Road is reasonably handy for Nick's Warehouse, a favourite haunt when I worked at the Art College and D. worked at the Cathedral; it's just round the corner from both.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Waterford (Plunkett) - to be sure!
AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Wolf 359

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Willesden Junction
Shipmate
# 76

That's a bit iffy, Kingsfold. Strictly speaking, given that Essex is now in Nidd, that qualifies as a parallel block and in an international match the referee might well rule advantage to your opponent and spoon you.

We're a bit more flexible here, so perhaps rather than require the move be rerolled, or impose the spoon, perhaps I can move to Finsbury Park?

--------------------

AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

That allows me to invoke the Rules of Acquisition and take us to

Ferenginar

--------------------

Shipmate
# 76

Bank

Both a move and an instruction.

--------------------

AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Hmmm... Let me assimilate that and take it to

Borg Prime

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

quote:
posted by KLB:
the referee might well rule advantage to your opponent and spoon you.

It's likely to be the best offer I get all day, possibly week.... [Big Grin]

Meanwhile, Holborn

Shipmate
# 76

As an acquaintance of mine wrote:

I can hear the loud snoring of the girl that I love
As she lies here beside me asleep with the night
And her drool in a slow trickle soaks in my pillow
Reflecting the glow of the winter moonlight

I have nibbled her ear, nuzzled her shoulder
Spooned up behind her and fondled her tits
Yet still she is snoring, still she is drooling
Ah well no rumpy tonight then, ah shit.

Grindleford

--------------------

AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Celibacy has its attractions...

Grindelwald

--------------------

Shipmate
# 76

Ahaha! Ahahahahaha!

Durmstrang

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

You do know that there is only one possible way forward from there, don't you?

++ Sighs wearily ++

Dollis Hill. Now look what you've done.

Shipmate
# 76

That was totally unnecessary. You could have played a Finsbury Fandango, off the top of my head.

But, of course, now you've started it:

Leamin.... .... no, wait... St. Alban's Abbey

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Won't work, I'm afraid. The Finsbury Fandango only applies to Saturdays when Arsenal are playing home matches.

So we're still at Dollis Hill, even though I grant that the banks of the Ver offer a more pleasing aspect than those of the Brent.

P.S.Where's that Welsh Vicar-chappie just when you need him? A disgraceful dereliction of his responsibilities, in my opinion.

[ 23. January 2013, 13:18: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Shovelling snow, since you ask...

Now:

QI'tomer

Where the Klingon-Federation Peace Accord was signed. You should be able to reconcile your parallels from there with a little warp technology.

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

I'm almost afraid to ask what you two have added to your hot toddies. Still, better make a move to

Fairlop

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Seven Sisters.

Phew - back to normality!

Shipmate
# 76

MORNINGTON CRESCENT

What a time to return to normality eh?

Off we go again...

Watford Met

--------------------

Shipmate
# 2515

- Posted      Profile for Pulsator Organorum Ineptus   Email Pulsator Organorum Ineptus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ruislip Gardens
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Island Gardens (DLR).

Gone to the dogs, I'm afraid.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I actually met the dogs coming the other way ...

Green Park

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Totteridge & Whetstone
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Aha! So we're in ampersand territory now, are we? Very nice, if possibly indecisive.

Chorleywood & Chenies.

AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Wrenbury

because it's in Shropshire. [Razz]

--------------------

Shipmate
# 2515

Adlestrop on the "Old Worse and Worse" Railway
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes, I remember that. [Big Grin]

Harviston End

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 2515

Machynlleth

That's not my move, I was just clearing my throat.

Morning ...

Wait for it!

side Road (North British Railway)

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Silkstone Common

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 2515

This may not be the greatest place to be on a day with heavy snow forecast, but

Abbots Ripton

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

If there's heavy snow forecast, then Aviemore's probably as good a place to be as any.

Happy skiing!

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016