homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Improve A Book Title By Removing The Last Letter (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Improve A Book Title By Removing The Last Letter
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's All Goo

Gwyneth Paltrow's recipes don't always go to plan.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Pure Sunshine
Shipmate
# 11904

- Posted      Profile for Pure Sunshine     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
With all the books about Tim (whoever he is), let's not forget his autobiography, A Brief History of Tim. 150 pages.
Posts: 472 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
W Hyatt
Shipmate
# 14250

- Posted      Profile for W Hyatt   Email W Hyatt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This may explain some of his celebrity: A Wrinkle in Tim.

--------------------
A new church and a new earth, with Spiritual Insights for Everyday Life.

Posts: 1565 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Jay-Emm
Shipmate
# 11411

- Posted      Profile for Jay-Emm     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Three Men in a Boa.

Harris, George and J decide to spice up life with a river journey. They wish they had chosen the Thames.

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Ilia

Tells the story of Helen: the face that launched a thousand hips.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Italo Svevo admits that materialism isn't for him in The Confessions of Zen.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How to Coo

Lessons in love from the Blessèd Delia.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
SvitlanaV2
Shipmate
# 16967

- Posted      Profile for SvitlanaV2   Email SvitlanaV2   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll have a go!

V. S. Naipaul's The Enigma of Arriva .
This is his bitter, heart-felt account of waiting for a bus that never turns up. Or does it?

(Please do not sue me. I'm sure this bus company runs an excellent service!)

Posts: 6668 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Jungle Boo

Snakes, bears, tigers, etc. scare the shit out of Mowgli.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Death of a Pee - Ngaio Marsh thriller about urinary retention.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Two for the Doug

Janet Evanovich dedicates this two-part opus to Douglas Adams.

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
C S Lewis tells of his time as a glider pilot in Out of the Silent Plane.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Across the Nightingale Floo - Lian Hearn's tale of the problems of old chimneys.

[spelling again]

[ 13. April 2013, 09:06: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Charlie and the Chocolate Factor

Willy Wonka is killed during a violent Oompa Loompa uprising before he can tell Charlie the secret ingredient that makes his chocolate such a success. Charlie must negotiate with the Oompa Loompa Union to get the factory running again and persuade the Oompa Loompas to share Wonka's secret.

Posts: 1015 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The World of Poo is a sequel to the earlier poo titles.
Posts: 1015 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Randy Rides Alon
A John Wayne Western. Plot description not available, sorry.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
W Hyatt
Shipmate
# 14250

- Posted      Profile for W Hyatt   Email W Hyatt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Plot description not available, sorry.
[Killing me] [Overused]

Taxi Drive and its companion, Easy Ride: slice-of-life stories that sold poorly in book stores, but did much better as movie adaptations, especially when they managed to tack on "R" ratings at the end.

[ 14. April 2013, 02:55: Message edited by: W Hyatt ]

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Twelve Days of Christma by Trisha Ashley.

Mary's story of the journey to Bethlehem and its aftermath. Riveting, if grammatically challenged.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Then Again, Maybe I Won

Confessions of a teenage lottery winner, by Judy Blume

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mary Poppin'

Colloquial account of Mary's experiences binging on recreational pharmaceuticals.

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

The Velveteen Rabbi - novel of bad dressing in Golders Green.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Adventures of Huckleberry Fin -- Strange tale of a Mississippi River fish with an oddly colored locomotive appendage.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
loggats
Shipmate
# 17643

- Posted      Profile for loggats   Email loggats   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Orland, Woolf's deconstructed guide to Glenn County drag queens.

--------------------
"He brought me into the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love."

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

John Keay's definitive work on Pirate Talk - The Great Ar.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Hop on Po

Two young bears jump on a kung-fu panda while learning vocabulary.

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Quiet Flows The Do

A tranquil afternoon at the beauty salon.

The Lord God Made Them Al

A creationist defends his beliefs about the origin of animals, in the form of an open letter to his skeptical friend Al.

[ 14. April 2013, 17:43: Message edited by: Stetson ]

--------------------

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

McElligott's Poo

A Seussian tale from before universal sewage treatment.

--------------------

SvitlanaV2
Shipmate
# 16967

- Posted      Profile for SvitlanaV2   Email SvitlanaV2   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
By Colette:

Cher and The Last of Cher

Read these two books and you'll learn all there is to know about the rise and fall of the X-Factor wannabe popster, Ms Cher Lloyd!

(SofF intellectuals: Who? Me: Exactly!)

[ 14. April 2013, 17:57: Message edited by: SvitlanaV2 ]

Posts: 6668 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Dirty Doze

A grimy cowboy falls asleep in the bathtub, and hilarity ensues.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Looking at D's collection of anthem books beside the computer, I notice

The Oxford Book of Carol.

Student reminiscences of Baroness Thatcher's daughter?

[ 15. April 2013, 01:43: Message edited by: piglet ]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Unbroke

A downed Air Force lieutenant finds his way back to civilization, and he still has money in his checking account.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Njal's Sag - a Viking travels to India to find the perfect way to cook spinach.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Women Food and Go

Snacks at the ladies' pro tournament for the ancient Chinese board game.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Children of the Ra - Vyvyen Brendon's analysis of the mating habits of the well known Egyptian deity.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dorothy L. Sayers's Busman's honeymoo

A strange tale of a bus driver and his bovine lady love, reminiscent of the sheep scene in All you wanted to know about sex, and were too afraid to ask. Ms Sayers is uninformative as to whether or not the beloved cow wears a suspender belt and fishnet stockings.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

[Hot and Hormonal] I mixed up movies & books - my last post. Sorry.

--------------------
Oinkster

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

quote:
Originally posted by Pearl B4 Swine:
[Hot and Hormonal] I mixed up movies & books - my last post. Sorry.

Actually, I think you can sneak that one in on a technicality.

The Dirty Dozen

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Tale of Peter Rabbi -- the madcap adventures of a learned Jewish scholar and teacher who imagined himself to be the first Pope.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Carrie's Wa

WWII evacuation, as seen through the eyes of a stroppy teen.

[ 15. April 2013, 15:56: Message edited by: Starbug ]

--------------------

W Hyatt
Shipmate
# 14250

Fiddler on the Roo: (comedy) a man tries to maintain his family's Jewish traditions while making the rounds on the Australian rodeo circuit.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Died in the Woo - Ngaio Marsh on the dangers of romance on a sheep farm in New Zealand.

--------------------

Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
., by Thomas Pynchon. Because sometimes a title is just unneccessary.

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No Country for Old Me - a searing indictment of the ageism in modern Britain...

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Drowning Poo - tragedy strikes when the honeywagon fails to arrive

The Dead Poo - sequel to The Drowning Poo

Tickle M - a look at the lighter-side of the life of 007 and his chums in the Secret Service

Tor! Tor! Tor! - forever lost on Dartmoor

Jaw - bio-pic of an heroic maxill-facial surgeon anyone?

The Dee - an everyday story of quiet heroism among angling folk

[ 16. April 2013, 11:24: Message edited by: L'organist ]

--------------------

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

Love in the time of Choler - you can be angry and lovable...

And why not go Biblical???

Book of Rut anyone?

I Kin and II Kin

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Watership Dow

A tale of bulls, bears and rabbits.

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
George Orwell, Coming up for AI ...nearly at the top of the fertility treatment waiting list!

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...and by the same author The Road to Wigan Pie.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

The Tao of Poo

The scat that can be spoken is not the eternal scat.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Maybe the Moo - Armistead Maupin contemplates a Kerygmaina Host.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016