homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Emily (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Emily
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cute widdle fluffy kittens aren't losers. Haven't you seen all the websites devoted to worship of them? [Big Grin]

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(also, living where I do, "freaks" is more or less a descriptive, or even a compliment, rather than an insult. I'm really not joking.)

quote:
Originally posted by Sarkycow:
Cute widdle fluffy kittens aren't losers. Haven't you seen all the websites devoted to worship of them? [Big Grin]

People don't recognize the symptoms of pernicious mind-control when they see it.

[ 24. May 2013, 20:17: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lietuvos Sv. Kazimieras
Shipmate
# 11274

- Posted      Profile for Lietuvos Sv. Kazimieras   Email Lietuvos Sv. Kazimieras   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Meanwhile, who's taking odds on how long Emily will last on the Ship. This will end badly.
Posts: 7328 | From: Delaware | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
On reflection, I think the reason it grates when you say it is that it somehow reeks of projection. "Oh the cute guy nodded brusquely when I smiled at him at Starbucks, how will I cope? I know, I'll play Spot the Loser on SOF!"

Actually I tend to go in the retail therapy direction on those rare occasions.

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In my world, freak is not an insult. It's a term of endearment; a recognition of my people. My brothers and sisters and freaks.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Exactly

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
In my world, freak is not an insult. It's a term of endearment; a recognition of my people.

Not when prefaced by 'you' it's not. 'You freaks' sets up an 'I'm okay you're not okay' separation.

Much like a straight friend of mine who likes to annoy me by saying 'you people' when talking about gay issues.

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Must be a west coast thing. I grew up with "freaks" as a term of endearment too. And "weirdoes."

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Emily Windsor-Cragg:
Thank you all for simply allowing me to breathe the same air.

These comments are very moderate and somewhat tactful--not impossibly unkind.

One comment I got from a member privately was that this place might be able to respond to some new and lively input because it's been too quiet lately.

What I say here is exactly what I say everywhere, so if you think I'm bat-shit crazy, well at least I'm consistent about it. And I mean it.

http://www.holyconservancy.org/NEWAGERR.htm

Hello Emily,

I don't think we've met, but if you are similar to Martin PC I'm sure we'll get on like a house on fire.

Just ignore the others, they are all petty little dictators with a Stalin complex and don't like people with views they don't agree with.

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
quote:
In my world, freak is not an insult. It's a term of endearment; a recognition of my people.

Not when prefaced by 'you' it's not. 'You freaks' sets up an 'I'm okay you're not okay' separation.

Maybe you should read it in context.

(reads it in context)

Nevermind, that helps your point.

Well with that, I will just fall back on "it's part of the whole HellHost schtick to act like people in general are a waste of good breathable air" to explain why I would hop on you and not Comet. You're supposed to be the king of noblesse oblige.

Which brings up another point: when you've just got done seeing a pic of someone's 75-year-old bone china sitting atop a hand-crafted Battenburg lace tablecloth in their if-you-have-to-ask-you-can't- afford-it old money mansion, and then you click tabs to see that same someone leaning down from atop Mt. Olympus to decide who the losers are-- well, let's just say that it might provoke in me a round of heckling. Knee-jerk,mindless, sheer envy-based heckling.

[ 24. May 2013, 23:25: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Lothiriel
Shipmate
# 15561

- Posted      Profile for Lothiriel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by deano:
quote:

One comment I got from a member privately was that this place might be able to respond to some new and lively input because it's been too quiet lately.

What I say here is exactly what I say everywhere, so if you think I'm bat-shit crazy, well at least I'm consistent about it. And I mean it.

Hello Emily,

I don't think we've met, but if you are similar to Martin PC I'm sure we'll get on like a house on fire.

Just ignore the others, they are all petty little dictators with a Stalin complex and don't like people with views they don't agree with.

Deano, do read Emily's threads in Purg. There are views, and then there are VIEWS. And also don't miss Emily's take on Stalin.

--------------------
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea. St-Exupery

my blog

Posts: 538 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lothiriel:
quote:
Originally posted by deano:
quote:

Hello Emily,

Deano, do read Emily's threads in Purg. There are views, and then there are VIEWS. And also don't miss Emily's take on Stalin.
But then I would be in full posession of the facts, which - as a member of the Conservative Party - I try to avoid lest it take away from my morally advantageous position amongst the heavens, or from my enjoyment in the mocking of fellow members of humanity.

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Thyme
Shipmate
# 12360

- Posted      Profile for Thyme     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Posted by Emily WC 'I'll keep a straight face if you will. Em'
on the Purg thread
Occult and New Age Heresies

Which gives the game away I think. And if anyone thinks no-one would got to all that trouble for an elaborate spoof - remember Curious Buddhist.

--------------------
The Church in its own bubble has become, at best the guardian of the value system of the nation’s grandparents, and at worst a den of religious anoraks defined by defensiveness, esoteric logic and discrimination. Bishop of Buckingham's blog

Posts: 600 | From: Cloud Cuckoo Land | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lothiriel
Shipmate
# 15561

- Posted      Profile for Lothiriel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thyme:
quote:
Posted by Emily WC 'I'll keep a straight face if you will. Em'
on the Purg thread
Occult and New Age Heresies

Which gives the game away I think. And if anyone thinks no-one would got to all that trouble for an elaborate spoof - remember Curious Buddhist.

I can't see it being a spoof. There's a history across the internet going back several years. I think Em is just acknowledging that some people find her ideas laughable. She's really rather gracious about it.

But there are other clues to the probable source of her theories in her posts.

--------------------
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea. St-Exupery

my blog

Posts: 538 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Doesn't work, Thyme, though I appreciate the concern. She's had published books and blogs out there for yonks, going on about this stuff, long before she joined us here. The Curious Buddhist hoax was a prepared set-up, of course, but the story was only told here.

So far as that specific quote is concerned, it reads to me more like a defensive "I'll be serious for as long as you are being serious" i.e. have you asked a real question, or are you just having me on?

YMMV of course! Part of the fun of this place.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
quote:

Much like a straight friend of mine who likes to annoy me by saying 'you people' when talking about gay issues.

Fair cop. "brothers and sisters" was bullshit. Minions would be better. I may be a freak - no question, really - but I'm the Empress of Freaks. My pretense at equality was just that.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Thyme
Shipmate
# 12360

- Posted      Profile for Thyme     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I take your point Lothiriel and Barnabus. Though I'm as reluctant to let any facts get in the way of my pet theory as Emily is of hers! [Snigger]

--------------------
The Church in its own bubble has become, at best the guardian of the value system of the nation’s grandparents, and at worst a den of religious anoraks defined by defensiveness, esoteric logic and discrimination. Bishop of Buckingham's blog

Posts: 600 | From: Cloud Cuckoo Land | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now seems the time.

quote:
Originally posted by Patdys:
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
As far as I know, I am an oddity.

You save some quotes because they make you laugh or cry or think. Others for the truth within. This one simply to refer back to when desired. [Razz]

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Aw, shit, the cat's out of the bag now.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oddity? you can't handle oddity!

Bunch a wanna be weirdos.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
moron
Shipmate
# 206

- Posted      Profile for moron   Email moron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agZ84jIaJB4

And Emily: thanks for livening things up.

Posts: 4236 | From: Bentonville | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There are some lines by the awesome Joni Mitchell that go:
"Let's have some wine for these freaks and these soldiers,
Some wine for these friends of mine."

However Google is refusing to cooperate, so I can't supply a link. (Maybe it hates me because I pay taxes.)

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
Must be a west coast thing. I grew up with "freaks" as a term of endearment too. And "weirdoes."

Hmm, freaks and weirdos. I have on vinyl, Joe Walsh from the Eagles, doing The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks which also contains the song Theme from Boat Weirdos. I think it's all the drugs everyone did back then, which are now taken generally by prescription, but by all the wrong people.

A quote is probably worth it, given the name of the dance, freaks and weirdos, and that there are lots of Boat Weirdos on this ship.

quote:
from my memory, Greeks Don't Want No Freaks
There was beer all over the dance floor
The band was playing rhythm and blues
We were doing the gator and half an hour later
you were barfing all over your girlfriend's shoes

Hands up everyone who knows how to do the gator.

[ 26. May 2013, 01:13: Message edited by: no prophet ]

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Emily Windsor-Cragg
Shipmate
# 17687

- Posted      Profile for Emily Windsor-Cragg   Author's homepage   Email Emily Windsor-Cragg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by moron:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agZ84jIaJB4

And Emily: thanks for livening things up.

I hope expanding awareness is the same thing as "livening things up" around here.

Em [Smile]

Posts: 326 | From: California | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's not.

It's just someone to make fun of.

If I want to expand my awareness, I read good fiction.

[ 26. May 2013, 03:37: Message edited by: Evensong ]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
Oddity? you can't handle oddity!

Bunch a wanna be weirdos.

Oh, bring it on, big talker!

"Wanna be weirdos" indeed. I bet when you double-knot your shoes it's a high point of reckless living for you.

--------------------

Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's a Jack Nicholson take-off, Kelly (A Few Good Men). Just imagine lilBuddha giving evidence in uniform, interspersed with "You fucking people ..."

Thought it was rather good myself. SoF as holding some kind of Guantanamo Bay line re tolerance. Nice piquant paradoxes all over the place.

Anybody you can think of who needs a "Code Red" at present [Biased] ?

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

You're actually telling the film nerd,"That was a Jack Nicholson quote"?

She can do better than that, and I know it. I hate to see true bitterness and bile wasted on a throwaway line like that. so I repeat: Bring it, LilB. Show these amateurs a new definition of Hell.

The woman could make Tomb curl up sobbing with a binkie and a blanket. Yeah, I said it.

[ 26. May 2013, 05:43: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps, dear Kelly, perhaps not.

Crazy is constant, but it does not perform on cue.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
St. Stephen the Stoned
Shipmate
# 9841

- Posted      Profile for St. Stephen the Stoned   Author's homepage   Email St. Stephen the Stoned   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Armin:
There are some lines by the awesome Joni Mitchell that go:
"Let's have some wine for these freaks and these soldiers,
Some wine for these friends of mine."

However Google is refusing to cooperate, so I can't supply a link. (Maybe it hates me because I pay taxes.)

Enjoy. If you click the little triangle next to the title, Joni will sing and play for you.

--------------------
Do you want to see Jesus or don't yer? Well shurrup then!

Posts: 518 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
Perhaps, dear Kelly, perhaps not.

Crazy is constant, but it does not perform on cue.

[Killing me]

Stuff Jack Nicholson; that's worthy of Stephen Fry!

--------------------

PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
It's not.

Find some Stargate SG:1 to watch...You'll get the same aliens have made the pyramids and enslaved the human race to be miners and the government is covering the aliens up...

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"SG1" was awesome, partly because of the humor--something which gradually disappeared in the later series, especially "SGU".

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PataLeBon:
quote:
It's not.

Find some Stargate SG:1 to watch...You'll get the same aliens have made the pyramids and enslaved the human race to be miners and the government is covering the aliens up...
I didn't need Stargate. My dad got totally into that shit when he retired.

So it's really rather [Snore] and [Roll Eyes]

Keeps bored people amused more than anything else.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Keeps bored people amused more than anything else.

Two questions:

1. How bored can an amused person be?
2. How amused can a bored person be?

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps it's a sinusoidal thing.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you're bored, then you're boring. Simples.

Though, frankly, I'd pay large sums of money to be bored lately. This being interesting shit can get exhausting. No wonder all the cool kids in high school burned out in their early 20's.

Sadly, I find Emily boring. Guano from flying rodents has pretty limited potential for being interesting. Unless you mix it with diesel fuel and add fire.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In aid of boring you, Rook:

-- A descendant of ye olde Big Red Button That Doesn't Do Anything. [Smile]

--From my own list of boring, the Summa Theologica, courtesy of the Sacred Texts site. (Actually, it also gives me a headache, and incites me to run away screaming. You have been warned!) YMMV.

-- Watching and making online snowflakes at Snowdays isn't boring, but it is calming.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Always be wary of red buttons, especially in boring old Belgium.
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me]
[Overused]

Nice one, Belgium (and not an alien in sight....I think..... [Paranoid] )

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
-- Watching and making online snowflakes at Snowdays isn't boring, but it is calming.

Thanks for the reminder.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:

Though, frankly, I'd pay large sums of money to be bored lately.
Sadly, I find Emily boring.

Does this mean Rook has to pay Emily large sums of money???
[Eek!] [Help]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rook is part of The Conspiracy.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I clicked. God helped me, I clicked. And now all I can think about is, if Mars is only 12 miles in diameter--who gives a fuck?

--------------------
Siegfried
Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
I clicked. God helped me, I clicked. And now all I can think about is, if Mars is only 12 miles in diameter--who gives a fuck?

At 12 miles across, I'd recommend a black silk top hat, which will contrast favourably with the red face / planet. Perhaps a trilby or homberg at weekends.
Posts: 3613 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
Rook is part of The Conspiracy.

As if we didn't know that already.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

quote:
Originally posted by Anglican't:
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:

At 12 miles across, I'd recommend a black silk top hat, which will contrast favourably with the red face / planet. Perhaps a trilby or homberg at weekends.
Bloody Anglo-Catholics.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016