homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Host and Admins Votive (thanks) offerings (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Host and Admins Votive (thanks) offerings
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Having at last joined the ranks of wage-earners, I would be very glad to send chocolate or whatever to one of the hosts or admins, in grateful thanks for what is now 6 YEARS [Ultra confused] of deck-based fun. Count me in!

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Originally posted by Marvin:
quote:
single malt whisky.
I can send a miniature of single malt from my local distillery; it's quite a small distillery so it's unlikely anyone'll have heard of it.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Glen Garioch?

We could join forces if I can find one from my local distillery as well (Auchentoshan for the record).

Anyhow, I'd be up to send anything anywhere in the world.

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jengie Jon:
1) I say all hosts and admins who have served in the last year. I rely on honesty of former hosts and admins. However on those grounds Chorister can be in. If she wants to both send and receive she can join Sioni Sais in doing this.

That's very kind of you, Jengie (and Kelly [Big Grin] ), but I've been very fortunate in receiving several years' worth of chocolate now. So I'd rather not receive any more, but am very happy to send / be on the reserve list, whichever is best for you.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm in the UK and have a weakness for dark chocolate - just not G&B's. I tend to go slowly on it so small quantities are fine. I like plain chocolate but also find it hard to resist mint, ginger or orange. Unfortunately anything with toffee, caramel or hard nuts has to be off the list.

Thanks very much!

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!

Ahem.... may I please take part, too?

I'm in the north of the north of North America.. (actually, just moved to the south of the north... nevermind)

I love quality chocolates, especially dark chocolates. Also a big fan of very good coffee (bit of a snob) and like Marvin, I'm a lover of single malt scotch, though I also love certain whiskey blends. I love ginger and spices and I cook everything from scratch, so interesting local ingredients (herbs/spices etc) very welcome.

more important than all of that, I ADORE getting interesting regional specialities from far away places. so find me your local speciality of whatever. Tea? syrup? chile? I'll love it all.

Am I being greedy? who cares. BRING IT ON!

(I should have known Marvin had no nuts. it's okay, I have enough for the both of us. [Big Grin] )

PS - cilantro is of the devil. don't even think about it.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
oh geez most important - no gluten!

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Pete, that goes for you, too! You're on the roster, so don't feel shy!

No one could accuse Pete of being shy [Roll Eyes] And to be fair he hasn't been backward in filling in for others when needed.

He's a kind of SuperHost going where he's needed most.

Huia - not so much a poet as a rhymester

OK, I read something he said on the private boards and misapplied the comment I should have made there here. Please accept the apology I tried to make up thread.

[ 03. June 2013, 19:58: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:

Am I being greedy? who cares. BRING IT ON!

Bless you for your orgiastic greed, Comet. I was feeling guilty for having specified anything.

And agreed about the local stuff-or anything that helps me think of which Shipmate I got what goody from ( I still treasure Ariston's tiny little hand-spun pot.)

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy to send anything, anywhere, as a mark of thanks.
Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just a warning to anyone sending to the US - I may be wrong in saying this, but I have a nagging memory that you are not allowed to post any alcohol there. I may have misremembered, but it comes from a question I asked on here when I was going to send something to my brother there.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Somebody sent me a tiny little bottle of alcohol once, but they might have been Canadian.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
(I should have known Marvin had no nuts. it's okay, I have enough for the both of us. [Big Grin] )

Oh, you and your nutty ways... [Razz]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
Just a warning to anyone sending to the US - I may be wrong in saying this, but I have a nagging memory that you are not allowed to post any alcohol there. I may have misremembered, but it comes from a question I asked on here when I was going to send something to my brother there.

Huia

that might have been me - here in AK (and I think, some other states) we have "dry" communities where it's illegal to have alcohol so shipping it in is a felony. I don;t think it;s generally illegal, though I may be wrong.

I hereby certify I do not live in a dry community.

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If one is putting about Broad Hints, while I solicit neither chocolate nor alcohol ('nuff of both in the house tbh) - I do like chili powder and interesting spices/spice mixes. And have never been known to turn away an earring (pierced ears).
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd be very happy to send someone a parcel (due to current financial constraints preferably in the UK).

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
- I do like chili powder and interesting spices/spice mixes.

Didn't I bring you enough? [Waterworks]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

[pointless aside]
quote:
I'm in the north of the north of North America.. (actually, just moved to the south of the north... nevermind)

I was thinking of this while hiking today (because my brain only focuses on pressing issues...) and my location description goes really something like this:

I live in the far north of the southeast of the northernmost part of the northwest, north america.

[/pointless aside]

as you were.

--------------------

Edith
Shipmate
# 16978

- Posted      Profile for Edith     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy to send. I'm in England

--------------------
Edith

Posts: 256 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy to send, preferably in the UK.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay, I'm in but certainly NO CHOCOLATE or coffee or tea or similar [I think I'm the one Jengie talked about earlier and am seriously, seriously, seriously allergic to the above, despite loving them] - what I would value is a little something [postcards, etc.] from the place my sendee comes from.

I live in My Own Little Bit of Paradise, aka Kerala in southern India.

[ 05. June 2013, 07:32: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
While chocolate is the general currency of choice for hostly offerings, I also appreciate local specialties. [Smile]

East coast of North America.

Ta muchly.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bumping up in case there are others who would like to send or receive.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It would be my privilege to honour the work of a host/admin (anywhere on the globe) with a token of appreciation.
Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you want to make first allocation, please sign up in the next forty eight hours!

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whoops I missed this til now...

I am happy to send a gift, preferably within Europe but can go further if necessary.

I'll be away from July 15th onwards.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

First batch of senders have been agreed by hosts:

Leaf->Gwai
Boogie->Mamacita
M.->comet
kingsfold->Campbellite
Qoheleth.->PeteC
Pigwidgeon->Welease Woderwick
Pooks->Smudgie
Jigsaw->Doublethink
ArachnidinElmet->Sioni Sais
Edith->Firenze
la vie en rouge->Ariel

There are names with other hosts and a couple of hosts who need to clear their PM box before I can check their sendee. So this is just the start.

Jengie

--------------------

Back to my blog

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

Second Batch of allocations is now ready:

Emendator Liturgia ->Zappa
Huia ->orfeo
Lyda*Rose ->Kelly Alves
FooloftheShip ->jedijudy
Telepath ->Moo
Deputy Verger ->Ariston
Japes ->John Holding
Dormouse ->Barnabas62
Mrs Shrew ->Tubbs
Heavenly Anarchist ->seasick
Cottontail ->Spike
North East Quine ->TonyK
QLib ->Marvin the Martian

I will accept individuals who qualify still wanting to either receive(hosts and admins plus only) or send for another couple of weeks.

Jengie

--------------------

Back to my blog

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd be happy to send chocolate to a recipient in the UK or Ireland if someone can put me on to an internet vendor in that part of the world.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

Sir Kevin

Ever since Amorya sent me stuff from A Lot of Chocolate I have found them a good supplier of treats.

Jengie

--------------------

Back to my blog

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, put me down for a sender.

One of the admins I sent chocolate to years ago is now a facebook friend as are many other English Shipmates!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Attempting to be first out of the blocks [Biased]

The goodies are bought and packed up. Hopefully I shall get them to La Poste tomorrow.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jengie Jon:
I will accept individuals who qualify still wanting to either receive(hosts and admins plus only) or send for another couple of weeks.

I doubt many of us will argue against a second round of allocations should there be more senders than Hosts/Admins [Smile]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Came late to this thread, but I'd be happy to join round II - I'll gladly send anywhere, Mars included.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

Marvin

Don't worry there are more senders than hosts. Not a huge number more but still more.

Jengie

--------------------

Back to my blog

marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I missed this thread earlier but if there's still presents wanting I'd love to send to someone.

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One parcel delivered to the Post Office, ready to be wheeched away to far(ish)-off places.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

Sir Kevin, Meg the Red and Cheezymarzipan

I have added you to the list of senders for the second allocation.

Jengie

--------------------

Back to my blog

Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My thanks offering is on its way. Just hope it arrives in a good state, given the warmth we've been having lately.

I also want to thank Jengie Jon for organizing this event. It's much appreciated. [Overused]

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Campbellite, your PM box is full.

Any requests? Or definite no-nos? Or are you happy to take pot luck?

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Very late to the party, sorry. Would love to send anything anywhere. (Maybe not jam, though!)

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now, how did I only just notice this? [Biased]

Would be happy to receive chocolate, anything nice appreciated!

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooks [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
You are my favouritest person ever [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Thank you!!!!!!!!

(Still totally awed by the fact that the contents were precisely what I would have chosen had I been being extraordinarily self-indulgent)

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A warm thanks to the wonderful la vie en rouge for the delightful little packet that arrived today, all the way from Paris.

I was delighted to receive the beautifully wrapped chocolate thank-you and the little dark chocolate Eiffel on a stick, and the black and white photo of old Paris has gone up on my office wall (it’s just the sort of photo I like, as you clearly guessed). Thank you very much again for your kind thoughtfulness!

Edith
Shipmate
# 16978

- Posted      Profile for Edith     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Small box posted on Monday evening to England's neighbour in the North.

--------------------
Edith

Posts: 256 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Received - but not opened. Bereaved friend staying at the moment, so doesn't feel like the right time. But something to look forward to.
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was unable to find a mail owl heading towards "1st on the right, straight on 'til morning," so I have entrusted my small parcel to the Postal Service.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Checking in to thank Jigsaw for some gorgeous chocolate - I am afraid temptation was extreme and I opened the Divine on the way back from the post office !

[Big Grin]

Happy DT

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

Aaaand worth waiting for - the prettiest earrings ever.
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Posted [Cool]

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016