homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » This is a great place. Seriously. (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: This is a great place. Seriously.
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not to suck up, but after getting into a couple of really awful arguments on Facebook with people who clearly have no idea how to form successive coherent thoughts, let alone an argument, Purgatory looks like heaven. Pointing out errors or asking for backing evidence here doesn't invariably result in hatefests or weepy self-pity (or -- gasp -- banning).

In short, I love this place, and there's nothing like trying unsuccessfully to do somewhere else what works so well here to drive home just how unusual a place the SOF really is.

So thanks to everybody who makes it possible -- hosts and admins and Simon and RooK and organ fund donors, and plain old shippies.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anna B
Shipmate
# 1439

- Posted      Profile for Anna B     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hear, hear!

--------------------
Bad Christian (TM)

Posts: 3069 | From: near a lot of fish | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Long may it continue. And meeting some old timers shows me just how long it has continued already!

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes! It's been ten years since I registered (this month!) and I hardly post now, but this place is still somewhere I turn to weekly, if not daily.

Thank you to all, and [Votive] for those working on the ship in that other place.

Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ferijen:
Yes! It's been ten years since I registered (this month!) and I hardly post now, but this place is still somewhere I turn to weekly, if not daily.

Thank you to all, and [Votive] for those working on the ship in that other place.

I'll have been here ten years in about 6 weeks, and it don't seem a day too much. Splendid place, splendid people. How did a bulletin board on the edge of Christendom (occasionally, affectionately, mooning those who won't go near the edge) become such a part of my life?

Thanks to all.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hear hear. I also lurk much more than I post now, but I love the ship and the way it's run.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mousethief, one thing I can say without any reservation at all is that I am positive you love the Ship as much as I do-- and that's quite a statement.

It's the Shipmates who really make it happen, though, so thanks. Let's raise a virtual glass to continued excellence in discussion quality.

Many Years. [Votive] [Overused]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Kelly Alves: Let's raise a virtual glass to continued excellence in discussion quality.
Do you mind if I raise a real glass? [Biased]

Long may she continue to sail!

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I may hold the ship record for longest here/fewest posts, but that doesn't mean I don't love the hell out of this crazy bucket.

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kyzyl:
I think I may hold the ship record for longest here/fewest posts, but that doesn't mean I don't love the hell out of this crazy bucket.

I was right there with you until I went on a bender in the Circus for a few months several years ago...that place will jack up your thread count in a hurry.

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey, I just realized that I've been here ten years, too. I love this place. There are so many interesting and intelligent people to talk with. Thanks to all who make it so. [Cool]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dal Segno

al Fine
# 14673

- Posted      Profile for Dal Segno     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I found the Ship an enormously helpful place to visit when I was off work ill back in '09. I've lurked on and off ever since, enjoying the debate and occasionally chipping in.

--------------------
Yet ever and anon a trumpet sounds

Posts: 1200 | From: Pacific's triple star | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged
Jigsaw
Shipmate
# 11433

- Posted      Profile for Jigsaw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolemr:
Hear hear. I also lurk much more than I post now, but I love the ship and the way it's run.

Me too.

--------------------
You are not alone in this.

Posts: 743 | From: Snorbens, UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
Hey, I just realized that I've been here ten years, too. I love this place. There are so many interesting and intelligent people to talk with. Thanks to all who make it so. [Cool]

Yeah, can't stress that enough. This board would be nothing if y'all didn't keep coming back and engaging in interesting, engaging, heartfelt, good--humored, and/or vigorous discussions. I think we have a great system of rules, and a fantastic H/A team-- certainly an honor to work with-- but it's the Shipmates who keep the Ship afloat.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I haven't been around for long and very rarely visit , as you know, but I have got to say you folks aren't wrong. The community here is beyond compare. Thanks to all who make it so, and all those who have made it so.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm rather fond of the old bucket myself. A surprising number of my RL friends originated here, and I still have difficulty explaining how I come to know, amongst others, frin and Dyfrig, Arrietty, tomb, and the Fiddlebacks.

[ 23. July 2013, 08:28: Message edited by: Amos ]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hehe. Yeah, maybe it's not such a bad idea to give ourselves a teeny pat on the collective back now and then... Sto lat!

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a potter about the ship most days, and love the sense of community and the discussion and debatethat goes on here. Thankyou everyone!

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:

It's the Shipmates who really make it happen, though, so thanks. Let's raise a virtual glass to continued excellence in discussion quality.

Many Years. [Votive] [Overused]

Amen to that!

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
s**theads

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pyx_e, it's all your fault [Razz]
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
s**theads

loud and proud, baby.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think it was just Pyx_e referring to the best thread he ever contributed.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shitthread, then, shurely?

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pyx_e's so nonconformist ... he doesn't even know it [Smile]

(Translation for those outside the UK - there is a UK advert on behalf of moneysupermarket which uses that kind of catchphrase)

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

And we didn't. Limbo it. Criminal. [Disappointed]

--------------------

Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is a great place. And I say that despite all the religious stuff. [Biased]

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Ferijen: Yes! It's been ten years since I registered (this month!)
quote:
Adeodatus: It's been ten years since I registered (this month!)
quote:
Lyda*Rose: Hey, I just realized that I've been here ten years, too.
N00bs [Razz]

(Congratulations!)

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I deeply admire people who have been here a decade or more and have a post count in 3 figures. You either have self-control or a life.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Coming up 11 years, and still love it deeply. I've got loads from the Ship (including friends) but don't always add very much, I fear (where do people find the time to research everything and write such wonderful erudite posts?)

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, it's amazing how much I can one-handedly (is that a word?) type when on hold waiting an eternity for a mortgage lender to pick up my call...

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yikes! Seeing all the people on this thread celebrating their decade on the ship reminds me it's my half-decade this month! Doesn't time fly...

But like a few others here, I lurk much more than I post (normally because by the time I've worked out how to say what I want to say, the thread's closed or moved on or someone's said what I want to say much better). But this is a great place to read as well as contribute to - so massive thanks to everyone, you're all so... so... so darned nice (wipes tear from eye, blows nose excessively loudly [Hot and Hormonal] ).

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
quote:
Ferijen: Yes! It's been ten years since I registered (this month!)
quote:
Adeodatus: It's been ten years since I registered (this month!)
quote:
Lyda*Rose: Hey, I just realized that I've been here ten years, too.
N00bs [Razz]

(Congratulations!)

I remember when I was a wet behind the ears newbie. None of you (that have posted so far) will remember that time, as you've not been here long enough.

Who remembers Neoworks??

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Black:
Well, it's amazing how much I can one-handedly (is that a word?) type when on hold waiting an eternity for a mortgage lender to pick up my call...

Speakerphone. I'm sure you can get it as an app if it's not built in.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

But why spoil my fun on the Ship?

--------------------

Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Who remembers Neoworks??
Me, Sir.

I love the ship, but I have an addictive personality and love many things I should not.

It is awesome though, I read a lot more than I post.

Fly safe, everyone, Pyx_e

--------------------

mrs whibley
Shipmate
# 4798

- Posted      Profile for mrs whibley     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
I deeply admire people who have been here a decade or more and have a post count in 3 figures. You either have self-control or a life.

Well, unless I develop verbal diarrhoea in the next month, at least I will know I have the deep admiration of at least one shipmate!
I was genuinely surprised to find that I've been here nearly a decade. And that I've managed nearly 900 posts, which for me is embarrassingly loquacious. I do feel like I've spent quite a lot of my life here, however, and mainly amongst friends.

--------------------
I long for a faith that is gloriously treacherous - Mike Yaconelli

Posts: 942 | From: North Lincolnshire | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
Who remembers Neoworks??

Yep. We had to pay for membership in those days. The boards changed to UBB about 6 months after I joined.

[ 25. July 2013, 18:56: Message edited by: Spike ]

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:

Neither, I just can't type fast enough in most conversations.

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Who remembers Neoworks??

I do. I signed on in January, 2000. I think you and Wood were a month or two before me.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
A.Pilgrim
Shipmate
# 15044

- Posted      Profile for A.Pilgrim   Email A.Pilgrim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, I agree, this is indeed a remarkable institution, with the potential (not inevitably realised) for some of the most intelligent discussion I've encountered, and from which I've learned a lot. Not least that if there are any faults or flaws in my argument, someone will definitely point them out. More than once I've thought when arguing in a church environment whether my thesis would stand up to shipmates criticism and decided that it wouldn't, and that it needed a bit more rigour.

And while we're in reminiscence mode, has anyone else here come across copies of the original Ship of Fools printed magazine? (A5 size booklet). I've got two copies of it somewhere.
Angus

Posts: 434 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

... Angus, prepare to be assualted with PMs. [Big Grin]

Also:

quote:
More than once I've thought when arguing in a church environment whether my thesis would stand up to shipmates criticism and decided that it wouldn't, and that it needed a bit more rigour.

That ROCKS. [Overused]

[ 25. July 2013, 22:00: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
quote:
Who remembers Neoworks??

Yep. We had to pay for membership in those days. The boards changed to UBB about 6 months after I joined.
When I started posting the Ship's boards used Neoworks, but you didn't yet have to pay to post.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just wanted to say, the blind-faith arguments on facebook really get to me. I had a friend like that too. Wanted me to just change my views...just because he/she thinks that it is that way. God forbid facts, supporting articles. I just can't stand it anymore in real life when people don't do. You all have ruined me! [Biased]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A.Pilgrim:
More than once I've thought when arguing in a church environment whether my thesis would stand up to shipmates criticism and decided that it wouldn't, and that it needed a bit more rigour.

Eh, I don't worry about that here or IRL. I just waffle on and bound to get it right occasionally.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ruth, I'm glad you said that.

I remember Neoworks - found it on the university computers at the time, but wasn't near those computers when it went to paid.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

Was'nt "Mystery Worshiper" or some board free on neoworks?, Thats what I recall.

I used to stay up 'til God knows when in the morning, a noob curate, smoking like a chimney reading and reading. I seem to remember TomB.

Sigh,

Fly Safe Pyx_e

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, the MW board was free on neoworks. That was the board where people could respond to MW reports, and it was considered appropriate that if someone wanted to slag off a report on their church that they didn't need to first pay a subscription to do so. Quite right too.

Although, I remember Erin commenting on a couple of occasions that she made a mistake at the time by assuming that people talking about MW reports couldn't get into a lot of trouble and therefore she didn't look in very often. While her back was turned the MW board transmorphed into a place full of AngloCatholic tat-queens discussing the minutea of how precisely a thurible needs to be swung and exactly what shade of scarf was right for the coming Sunday (or, more often rant about how their priest got it not quite right the previous Sunday). A legacy that still infects Ecclesiantics.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If anyone's interested, you can see some of the early discussions archived here. I found my first post, and maybe I did pay after all, though I don't remember doing so, as it mentions my registration having just kicked in.

Anyway -- couldn't agree more with the OP.

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A.Pilgrim:
...if there are any faults or flaws in my argument, someone will definitely point them out.

But always in Christian love.
[Axe murder]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016