homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Greenbelt 40 - August Bank Holiday, Cheltenham (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Greenbelt 40 - August Bank Holiday, Cheltenham
SyNoddy
Shipmate
# 17009

- Posted      Profile for SyNoddy     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
All this talk of blind dates and meeting up with 'Real' people is fascinating if a little scary [Eek!]
I'm now trying to decide if saying I'll be "wearing a red carnation and carrying a folded copy of the Church Times" is going just a bit too far! I can confirm that my wellies are yellow but given the forecast they may stay in the car.
I'm not sure of my movements yet as I am yet to attempt to make a selection from the weekends programme. But I'll be drawn to the JA now on Friday evening and will probably loiter in the vicinity of the TTT on Sat afternoon.
Could we have a password in the style of 'ello, ello'?

Posts: 53 | From: Somewhere near the Middle | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jade Constable:
I look about 12. I get ID'd when trying to buy painkillers [Big Grin]

So I'm looking on the SCM stand for someone who looks 12. OK.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Every year I try to pluck up the courage to make an ID badge to wear - with my avatar and Ship's logo - and every year I chicken out, not wanting to look silly.

Then I remind myself that you're more likely to look silly at GB by not looking silly, if you get my drift. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Miffy:
Every year I try to pluck up the courage to make an ID badge to wear - with my avatar and Ship's logo - and every year I chicken out, not wanting to look silly.

Then I remind myself that you're more likely to look silly at GB by not looking silly, if you get my drift. [Hot and Hormonal]

Not to mention worrying about having to field embarrassing questions from my team...
[Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I could always wear my SCM t-shirt for in the TTT/JA on Saturday, if that would help people spot me? Navy with a crown-of-thorns thought bubble.

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Maybe I'm just old and losing my shame, but if (unlikely, given that I've met so many of you before) I got to the TTT and didn't recognise anyone I think I'd just go up to random groups and ask if they were from Ship of Fools. I wouldn't do that at a shipmeet in a (ahem) normal pub or whatever, but lots of people at GB will have heard of the Ship even if they don't use the site themselves, and let's face it the chances of it being the most ridiculous thing they'll have heard all weekend are pretty slim! (Miffy, why don't you make a badge and put it on your bag rather than wear it? That way most people won't notice it as anything out of the ordinary, but Ship people *might* spot it).

I've no idea what we'll be doing as we will wait till we get there to get a paper daily diary, but no doubt we will be along at some point, and I will make sure not to book a shower for 4pm Saturday. Not sure yet if we'll make the Jesus Arms (depends on who else we bump into and what is on the programme) but the TTT is pretty likely [Smile]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I could always wear my SCM t-shirt for in the TTT/JA on Saturday, if that would help people spot me? Navy with a crown-of-thorns thought bubble.

It just depends how many other people are wearing SCM t-shirts at the time. Hey I can think of at least two other shipmates with a SCM connection.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I didn't think the rest of the team would be in the TTT at the same time! I don't know what I'll be wearing but I'm short and round and have dark hair with a fringe. Flip-flops or pink wellies depending on weather.

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've never had the chance to meet any other ship mates (usually in the wrong country for these shipmeet thingies!) so I may well try and find you in TTT. Saturday afternoon around 4.00ish is it?

I'll be scrutinizing groups of people in a quizzical way while I screw up enough courage to enquire if they are Ship of Fools folk!

[ 19. August 2013, 23:41: Message edited by: Lucia ]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jack the Lass:
Maybe I'm just old and losing my shame, but if (unlikely, given that I've met so many of you before) I got to the TTT and didn't recognise anyone I think I'd just go up to random groups and ask if they were from Ship of Fools. I wouldn't do that at a shipmeet in a (ahem) normal pub or whatever, but lots of people at GB will have heard of the Ship even if they don't use the site themselves, and let's face it the chances of it being the most ridiculous thing they'll have heard all weekend are pretty slim! (Miffy, why don't you make a badge and put it on your bag rather than wear it? That way most people won't notice it as anything out of the ordinary, but Ship people *might* spot it).

I'm another person willing to harass complete strangers but I've always assumed it was the nurse in me - I'll talk to anyone.
My identifying features are being very short - 4 foot 11 - and having the longest hair anyone will have ever seen. I will possibly have bright woolly dreads too, if it's not too hot.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tractor Girl
Shipmate
# 8863

- Posted      Profile for Tractor Girl   Author's homepage   Email Tractor Girl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TTT on Saturday afternoon sounds like an ideal plan.

--------------------
Patience, Firmness and Perseverance were my only weapons; and those I resolved to use to the utmost - Anne Bronte

Posts: 1114 | From: The field of life | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I will try to be there, but no promises, children and husband might have other plans! (How rude!) Might make myself a little ship of fools badge to put on my bag. If I don't manage that, I'll find jade and hopefully we'll spot the rest of you!
Posts: 2282 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

I might round up all the badges I collected from SCM conference and adorn myself with them - there's a reasonably large rainbow-flag Pax Christi badge amongst them - I shall probably get more over the weekend!

--------------------

Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

Just checked the map and the SCM stand is right by the TTT (we're around the Hub/G-books stand) so I will be in the area most of the time anyway.

--------------------

Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by SyNoddy:
All this talk of blind dates and meeting up with 'Real' people is fascinating if a little scary .....
Could we have a password in the style of 'ello, ello'?

The moon is rising slowly these days.

Actually that would be a brilliant idea. Shame ITTWACW is so unpronounceable. What else would be a suitably Shippy, "Christian Website" phrase.

The lace on the dalmatic should stop above the ankle?

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
hatless

Shipmate
# 3365

- Posted      Profile for hatless   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I shall be at Greenbelt for the first time this year, and I'll try to visit the TTT on Saturday to see if I can spot anyone.

There's a picture of me in the gallery.

--------------------
My crazy theology in novel form

Posts: 4531 | From: Stinkers | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Spouse

Ship's Pedant
# 3353

- Posted      Profile for Mr. Spouse   Email Mr. Spouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Gosh, I remembered my password! Just thought I would have a look to see how many of the old faces are likely to be around at Greenbelt. 4pm Saturday shouldn't clash with my volunteer shifts and we generally gravitate towards the TTT quite a lot so we'll look out for people.

No off site wimping out for us. We're on site. In a motorhome. With shower. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Try to have a thought of your own, thinking is so important. - Blackadder

Posts: 1814 | From: Here, there & everywhere | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Spouse:
No off site wimping out for us. We're on site. In a motorhome. With shower. [Big Grin]

Aha - I may come and pay you both lots of complements in the hope of scrounging a shower, if the GB shower queues are too long (I just went to book online to find that online booking is now closed). Meanwhile, perhaps I should dig out that waterless soap stuff I bought at Womad the other year (it's not great, but better than wetwipes).

--------------------
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

I, of course, have free showers! [Big Grin]

All packed and ready to go tomorrow, badge pinned on bag (thanks for the suggestion, JTL). It looks as if TTT clashes with one of my shifts, but I'll maybe put my head round the door of the Jesus Arms later on or on Fri eve depending.

Have a safe journey, everybody.

busyknitter
Shipmate
# 2501

- Posted      Profile for busyknitter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've missed my chance to book showers as well, so I may take my cossie this year and check out Cheltenham Lido
Posts: 903 | From: The Wool Basket | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dave Walker

Contributing Editor
# 14

- Posted      Profile for Dave Walker   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by geroff:
Do I get a mention, Dave, on whatever gets drawn?

Sorry, going back to a conversation on page two of thgis thread. Geroff - A cartoon including some of your suggestions will be on display in the Bookshop / Church Times tent and also in Friday's Church Times. So thank you. I'm afraid I can't put mentions for ideas on cartoons, but will credit you elsewhere if I get the chance.

Dave

--------------------
Cartoon blog / @davewalker

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sober Preachers Kid has been a bit quiet lately. I wonder if he is involved in United Church of Canada's Pilgrimage to Greenbelt?

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Might attempt to put my head around the door if I'm not otherwise engaged with sprogs/spouse/desperately practicing for Monday afternoon... (PLUG PLUG when the Order of the Black Sheep will be leading some worship in Aspire PLUG PLUG)

Long haired middle aged scruffy ne'er do well, the sort of person your mother warned you about, with a bald patch. Yeah, I know, that's about a quarter of the punterage at GB...

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
Might attempt to put my head around the door if I'm not otherwise engaged with sprogs/spouse/desperately practicing for Monday afternoon... (PLUG PLUG when the Order of the Black Sheep will be leading some worship in Aspire PLUG PLUG)

Long haired middle aged scruffy ne'er do well, the sort of person your mother warned you about, with a bald patch. Yeah, I know, that's about a quarter of the punterage at GB...

You mean you're Bill Bailey????

(Is it just me who pictures everyone looking like their icon?)

Will be in a floral maxi dress with navy SCM t-shirt over the top, flip-flops or pink wellies depending on weather, red-framed sunglasses if sunny. No, none of my clothes match [Smile]

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well this is my Greenbelt t-shirt collection. If you see anyone dressing in any of these over the weekend, it might be me:

1 and 2 , 3 and 4

For Saturday, I will be wearing my Sonar one - the cris-cross pattern.

Today I got out a pile more cash for the weekend. I am now not sure whether it is safer to have the money with me all the time, or leave it in the hotel. I feel the Greenbelt site is probably safer....

[ 21. August 2013, 17:34: Message edited by: Firenze ]

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

Doh. I don't suppose a nice host could sort out the mess of my coding, so I don't look like a complete tosser. thank you.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

iamchristianhearmeroar
Shipmate
# 15483

- Posted      Profile for iamchristianhearmeroar   Author's homepage   Email iamchristianhearmeroar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

quote:
(Is it just me who pictures everyone looking like their icon?)
Uh huh huh.

--------------------
My blog: http://alastairnewman.wordpress.com/

Posts: 642 | From: London, UK | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm hugely impressed by all these people who know what they're going to be wearing. I haven't even started packing yet. (And I'm leaving tomorrow morning.)

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

quote:
Originally posted by Yangtze:
I'm hugely impressed by all these people who know what they're going to be wearing. I haven't even started packing yet. (And I'm leaving tomorrow morning.)

Heh, yes us too! Looking forward to seeing you there.

--------------------
wiblog blipfoto blog

anne
Shipmate
# 73

- Posted      Profile for anne   Email anne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm clearly moving in the wrong direction with my GB accommodation - 3 years in my own home (with roof and bath) then a couple of years staying with kind friends (with roof and bath) and this year, for the first time, camping (with tent and wet wipes.)

I will try and make it to the TTT and Jesus Arms at the right times for the meets. I don't know if it will help with identification, but last week my elderly, fat poodle came third in a "dog who looks most like his owner" competition.

Anne

--------------------
‘I would have given the Church my head, my hand, my heart. She would not have them. She did not know what to do with them. She told me to go back and do crochet' Florence Nightingale

Posts: 338 | From: Devon | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We'll be leaving after lunch and staying at the travel lodge tonight. If anyone sees a short plump middle aged woman with woolly dreads, that'll be me [Smile]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I kind of look like my avatar!
To find shippies at the TTT - look for a group of people which includes couple with small baby and people using their own chairs. Ask them if they are from the Ship.

It will be easier than it was in about 2002 when I asked two blokes there if they were shipmates and they backed away as if I had suggested a threesome. [Eek!] [Eek!]

[ 22. August 2013, 12:54: Message edited by: geroff ]

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

I know what I'm wearing because I just went to Primark and bought half-a-dozen cheap T-shirts, a packet full of socks, and a sort of warmish almost-hoodie top. Less than 30 quid the lot. I won't be winning any fashion competitions. But I hope to be clean and dry.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

quote:

Well I would normally pack today, based on whatever came to hand, but in this case, I simply decided to do this a little earlier.

But I do tend to pack a little earlier than many people. Also, because it is casual wear, not work wear, so it is all ready to go. I am only trying to decide out of the stuff I wear what is the most striking, so that people can recognise me in it.

Of course, it is easier if I always wear t-shirt and trousers - the t-shirt is the main choice in the mornings. It makes it much easier to get going in the mornings.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

I don't really have huge amounts to pack, being one person with a 2-man tent! Clothes are just leggings with some dresses to wear with them, undies/pyjamas and socks for if I need to wear my wellies. Snackage takes up more room.

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Off early tomorrow. Hope to meet some of you there! Excited now! [Smile]
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wellies. Yes, will be wearing wellies.

It would have been the right thing to do last year.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

Apparently the weather on Saturday is due to be reminiscent of last year.

Lovely!

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

iamchristianhearmeroar
Shipmate
# 15483

- Posted      Profile for iamchristianhearmeroar   Author's homepage   Email iamchristianhearmeroar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sat in the queue. Ho hum!

--------------------
My blog: http://alastairnewman.wordpress.com/

Posts: 642 | From: London, UK | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Have just realised Beer & Hymns is on at 4pm so might be late to the meet.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Gallica officinalis
Shipmate
# 3886

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Gallica officinalis   Email Rosa Gallica officinalis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I seem to have missed more people than I actually caught up with. T'was good to see the Order of the Black Sheep, and I'm blaming Fat & Frantic for my sunburn.

--------------------
Come for tea, come for tea, my people.

Posts: 874 | From: The Hemlock Hideout | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
mark_in_manchester

not waving, but...
# 15978

- Posted      Profile for mark_in_manchester   Email mark_in_manchester   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was working on my team and dealing with family, so no time to meet (or indeed to see much) - but now home, and pausing for breath.

Shall we turn this into a 'favourite moments' thread now? Duke Special was rather good, and the Rod Stewart / Faces tribute the night before (also mainstage) were also fun, though not sure why they were there!

--------------------
"We are punished by our sins, not for them" - Elbert Hubbard
(so good, I wanted to see it after my posts and not only after those of shipmate JBohn from whom I stole it)

Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

Had a great time and it was lovely to meet people - shame I didn't get to meet Karl though, and I'd gone home by the time Order of the Black Sheep performed.

--------------------

Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

quote:
Originally posted by mark_in_manchester:
I was working on my team and dealing with family, so no time to meet (or indeed to see much) - but now home, and pausing for breath.

Shall we turn this into a 'favourite moments' thread now? Duke Special was rather good, and the Rod Stewart / Faces tribute the night before (also mainstage) were also fun, though not sure why they were there!

Had sadly gone home by the time Duke Special performed - annoyed to have missed them. Loved the London Community Gospel Choir though (and seeing everyone dancing!), Vicky Beeching hosting the talk on what women want in the church - especially the hair/testicle talk [Killing me] , the Tibetan Kitchen and Higgidy pie trucks (food was a general highlight!), Holy Communion and Beer & Hymns.

--------------------

Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, electric guitar, bodhrán and kazoo (yes, really) packed away and back home. My highlights (apart from our worship event which of course was the highlight of the entire festival; see you next year from Mainstage (hahahahahaha!)***) were Martyn Joseph, the Temperance Movement and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. Not to mention Backsliderlet #1 telling me how much he likes the aforementioned MJ (bless, he's only 9) and how silly the "Jesus is my mate" songs they were singing in the youth clubby evening thing were. Oh - the Rising was also excellent, and not just because compared by St Martyn of Swansea.

Got dragged to the poetry but was unexpectedly moved.

All three kids managed to puke up at least once in the middle of the night and the tent fell down on Thursday night whilst I was on the cusp of going from "merry"* to "delicate"**.

Missed my usual venue, the craft tent, 'cause it wasn't there owing to the site losing space because of the Recovering 2012 Official Greenbelt Quagmire but it did mean I saw a lot more of the festival than I have for years.

Missed the meet in the TTT on account of being on Child Minding Duty.

***so nice to play guitar in a worship event without having been asked "can you turn off the distortion?", "just play chords, none of that rocky lead stuff" or "can you make it sound more like an acoustic?". Limited only by the feedback dynamics of the hollow body and a fairly cheap amp. [Snigger] [Devil]
*pissed. Blame the Jesus Arms. They open on Thursday night for the Elect.
**hungover

[ 27. August 2013, 18:40: Message edited by: Karl: Liberal Backslider ]

--------------------

Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

Karl, what was your choice at the JA? The Pig Swill cider was like delicious, lethal (over 7%!) apple juice.

--------------------

SyNoddy
Shipmate
# 17009

- Posted      Profile for SyNoddy     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My best bits (in no particular order):
Beer & Hymns, panto ending to Sunday's communion service, talk by Burundi genocide survivor, the big sing, Folk On, ceilidh, and the sunshine - especially when taking down the tent
Back home now and all unpacked, second load of washing done so now finding some time to reflect on a wonderful weekend.

Posts: 53 | From: Somewhere near the Middle | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

quote:
Karl, what was your choice at the JA? The Pig Swill cider was like delicious, lethal (over 7%!) apple juice.

Porter. Only went once for financial reasons. We had bought some cider from a Somerset cider farm which was also like cloudy falling-over-water.

--------------------

Shipmate
# 76

quote:

Porter. Only went once for financial reasons. We had bought some cider from a Somerset cider farm which was also like cloudy falling-over-water.

--------------------

hatless

Shipmate
# 3365

- Posted      Profile for hatless   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mark Oakley on R S Thomas was the loveliest, deepest thing I've heard in years.

Sorry I didn't manage to meet any other Shippies.

--------------------
My crazy theology in novel form

Posts: 4531 | From: Stinkers | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016