homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Hosts & Admins (Gifts of) Appreciation Thread 2014 (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hosts & Admins (Gifts of) Appreciation Thread 2014
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tubbs:
I don't like very dark chocolate, am allergic to oranges, mushrooms and blue cheese and live in the UK.

We could do a deal – these are some of my favourite things! I love dark chocolate, oranges, mushrooms and blue cheese and also live in the UK.

Orange flavour, mint, ginger or marzipan chocolate are my favourites; toffee, caramel and hazelnut, and white chocolate, least favourites. Though if anyone is feeling kind and generous enough to send me anything, whatever's sent will be gratefully received.

Thank-you to ecumaniac for organizing this!

Alwyn
Shipmate
# 4380

- Posted      Profile for Alwyn     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm in (for UK based sending of chocolate).

[tangent]
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
Marvin does the Happy Dance of Chocolate Acceptance

Is that like the dance of joy in the TV series Angel, when Our Heroes visit Pylea?

--------------------
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc

Posts: 849 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Would anyone like some yummy Chile Chocolate from Santa Fe?

Just PM me.

(I prefer Green and Black's Maya Gold chocolate if anyone would like to send to a hungry Motherboard) [Big Grin]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
quote:
I don't like very dark chocolate, am allergic to oranges, mushrooms and blue cheese and live in the UK.

We could do a deal – these are some of my favourite things! I love dark chocolate, oranges, mushrooms and blue cheese and also live in the UK.

Orange flavour, mint, ginger or marzipan chocolate are my favourites; toffee, caramel and hazelnut, and white chocolate, least favourites. Though if anyone is feeling kind and generous enough to send me anything, whatever's sent will be gratefully received.

Thank-you to ecumaniac for organizing this!

We are indeed taste opposites!!! I love white chocolate, toffee, caramel and hazelnut as well as mint, ginger and marzipan!!!

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All of the above except the marzipan, but Ariel's least favorites are my most favorites. Haven't had candied ginger in a while, though...

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Haven't had candied ginger in a while, though...

There is a store about thirty miles from me that has dark chocolate covered candied ginger. It's to die for.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ohhh, that sounds righteous.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by comet:
I'll send! even to Japan! hell, it's just right over there anyway... [Biased]

quote:
I don't like very dark chocolate, am allergic to oranges, mushrooms and blue cheese

I'm going to have to go find mushroom blue cheese chocolate. surely someone's done it. [Big Grin]
You still qualify as a recipient, too, remember.

And every time I see that post, I crave blue cheese-- sorry, Tubbs.

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

do I? Ecu, can I do both?

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Why not? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We have had people doing both before.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
We are indeed taste opposites!!! I love white chocolate, toffee, caramel and hazelnut as well as mint, ginger and marzipan!!!

And I bet you probably like Green & Blacks, which I don't, right...?
ecumaniac

Ship's whipping girl
# 376

- Posted      Profile for ecumaniac   Author's homepage   Email ecumaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
quote:

do I? Ecu, can I do both?
Of course! My spreadsheet of glory can handle it.

Just need to make sure you aren't sending to yourself.....

--------------------
it's a secret club for people with a knitting addiction, hiding under the cloak of BDSM - Catrine

Posts: 2901 | From: Cambridge | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ecumaniac:

Why not? It would save on the food miles!

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
mertide
Shipmate
# 4500

- Posted      Profile for mertide   Email mertide   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Coming late to the party, but I'd be glad to send anywhere, from Australia
Posts: 382 | From: Brisbane | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
ecumaniac

Ship's whipping girl
# 376

- Posted      Profile for ecumaniac   Author's homepage   Email ecumaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oscar the Grouch:
quote:

Why not? It would save on the food miles!
Ah there's no fun in that!

--------------------
it's a secret club for people with a knitting addiction, hiding under the cloak of BDSM - Catrine

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
May I play miss?

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

yay!

wait... does this mean I'm not allowed to buy myself treats? [Paranoid]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This Aussie host would like to set an interesting and shocking challenge by saying... something other than chocolate please.

Not because I have anything particularly against chocolate (I got some very nice ones last year), but because I think it would be cool to see what else might be thought of. Other foodstuffs are welcome (I don't have any allergies and a pretty flexible palate), as are non-food items.

[ 28. June 2014, 10:57: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
ecumaniac

Ship's whipping girl
# 376

Bump!

Any more?

--------------------

Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yup - delighted to send anywhere from Canada.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*ever-so-slightly-self-serving bump*

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Thank you, Marv.

--------------------

ecumaniac

Ship's whipping girl
# 376

Sorry folks, have been distracted by Real Life Stuff, but PMs are going out to H&A's today!

--------------------

ecumaniac

Ship's whipping girl
# 376

Ariston

Your PM box is full!!

--------------------

ecumaniac

Ship's whipping girl
# 376

OK - all the H&As have been messaged (apart from Ariston) so if you haven't received a PM and are expecting to be in it, please let me know!!

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah! Okay, sorted that one out. There's room!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have posted today!

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
ecumaniac

Ship's whipping girl
# 376

OK, all the senders (apart from Ariston's, sorry) have now been sent a PM with details.

Last call for any hosts/admins who missed out on signing up... don't be shy now!

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

This morning I received a little packet with two delicious bars of dark chocolate – a particular thanks for the ginger and orange, I hadn't realized you could get both flavours in one bar. This really is the best of both worlds! Thank you also for the lovely little book – I've no idea where you found that, but it's most appropriate! I'm delighted to have something almost a century old, and am enjoying dipping into it.

I've put the Hobbit postcard up on my wall, and shall think kindly of Earwigs from now on. Thank you again for your kind thoughtfulness, and for brightening up my Monday morning.

[Big Grin]

Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Glad you liked it all! I saw the chocolate and KNEW you had to have it. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I haven't yet received a reply (address etc) from Smudgie. I messaged her a week ago, but she's not posted on the boards since. Does anyone know if she's around?

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have address now, all is fine

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm UK based and will send anywhere.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't seem to have anyone to send to.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
ecumaniac

Ship's whipping girl
# 376

quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:
I don't seem to have anyone to send to.

You do now!

--------------------

ecumaniac

Ship's whipping girl
# 376

quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
I'm UK based and will send anywhere.

Thanks, can I keep you as a reserve in case any of the other senders can't make it for whatever reason?

--------------------

Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have posted :-)

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I signed up early but don't seem to have a pm. Does that mean I'm not required to send?

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
ecumaniac

Ship's whipping girl
# 376

I've got you down as a reserve, Mrs Shrew

--------------------

John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

- Posted      Profile for John Holding   Email John Holding   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm happy to report the arrival of delicious chocolate treats from Oscar the Grouch -- two days from sending to arriving rather more than half-way across the country is a lot more than I expected.

Many thanks,

John

Posts: 5929 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Edith
Shipmate
# 16978

- Posted      Profile for Edith     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Posted today

--------------------
Edith

Posts: 256 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Posted today! But the package has a long way to travel.

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Edith:
Posted today

Thankyou so much [Smile] . I am afraid I indulged in the sin of gluttony and wolfed down half the milka for breakfast !

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Marvin,

Your chocolate will be on its way soon. No nuts. At the moment, no chocolate either. But that will change.

And I'll save the nuts for the boards where it belongs.

(really just saying I haven't forgotten you)

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Surfing Madness:
I have posted :-)

And lovely tablet--that I haven't eaten yet, but have been curious about for years since reading about on the ship--and a giant chocolate bar have arrived. Thank you!!

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cadbury's Caramel Chocolate consigned to Continental carrier

(posted today)

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Patdys:
Marvin,

Your chocolate will be on its way soon. No nuts. At the moment, no chocolate either. But that will change.

And I'll save the nuts for the boards where it belongs.

(really just saying I haven't forgotten you)

Jolly good :-)

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

Nut free local produce and posted.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016