homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Any news? Landlocked Shipmates (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Any news? Landlocked Shipmates
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I miss Janine too. I especially remember her posts about what life was like after Katrina hit.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
She is still very active on FB, as are a lot of the Shipmates mentioned here.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You mean there's life after SoF?

[Eek!]

I shall have to buy me one of these Books of Face.

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wouldn't bother, a tremendous waste of time!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
some of us manage two pixelated lives ... just think of us as the Kim Philby / Mata Hara of the Ship [Paranoid]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Zappa's right - I squander inordinate amounts of time on SoF and the Book of Face. [Hot and Hormonal]

Wouldn't want to be without either though. [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nor I, said the fly.

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
And then there are those who disappear for the longest time, resurface again briefly, and then disappear again. Duchess and Mark Wuntoo spring to mind.

I'm still around. If there were an app for the ship I would log in as nowadays I am on my phone more than desktop. I am though on facebook a lot and see others there. [Smile]

Also, I was quite active on the ship from 2002 through 2008. Then less and less. After Erin died, it wasn't the same for me.

I enjoy posting and reading but must remember to stay out of hell. I don't have time for the long rambunctious debates I used to get into. Those went on and on. I've done my time on these topics: gay marriage, headship and dating (who pays).

I've changed my views on a lot of things and didn't set out too. I believe that's actually a good thing!

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by duchess:
I'm still around.

And I for one am glad. [Yipee]

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
I'm still around.

Hugs! [Axe murder]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

quote:
quote:
I'm still around.

Hugs! [Axe murder]

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey, d! [Smile]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I miss brodavid. He and I posted heavily on one of the Ungodly Fear threads, where we saw eye-to-eye.

On another topic, he said something I've never forgotten. People were talking about money worries. He said he had been fired from five congregations, and only one of them gave him severance. The first few times he worried about money, but thing always turned out all right. He realized that God had plenty of money, so he didn't need to worry about it. When I'm inclined to worry about money, I think of that, and it helps a lot.He used library computers, so reading and posting were not that easy. I assume that's why he quit posting.

I miss him.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ecclesiastical Flip-flop
Shipmate
# 10745

- Posted      Profile for Ecclesiastical Flip-flop   Email Ecclesiastical Flip-flop   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
I think PD's responsibilities have grown quite a bit since Miss Amanda and I Mystery Worshipped his church.

Wikipedia has a lot to say about PD, which I won't repeat here. I have just looked this up again and apparently, he remains the Presiding Bishop of the Anglican Episcopal Church of his choice, as well as remaining Rector of St. Paul's Church, Arizona.

--------------------
Joyeuses Pâques! Frohe Ostern! Buona Pasqua! ¡Felices Pascuas! Happy Easter!

Posts: 1946 | From: Surrey UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
After seeing Gwai's post in the Shipmates' Gallery thread in The Styx, I spent some time there and saw lots of old Shipmates we haven't seen in many a year.
[Tear]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
After seeing Gwai's post in the Shipmates' Gallery thread in The Styx, I spent some time there and saw lots of old Shipmates we haven't seen in many a year.
[Tear]

As did I - Mama Thomas, madteawoman, Manipled Mutineer jumped out at me.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
TGC from Adelaide used to annoy the heck out of me but I miss him being around and some of the other [non-cicket] comments he made.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Had forgotten him, but yes, not around for a long time.

--------------------

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I miss Chastmaster and his amazing links. He did re-appear briefly to say he should post more often, then disappeared again. [Waterworks]

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
LeRoc hasn't posted for a while, I don't think (he was quite prolific earlier this year).

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
TGC from Adelaide used to annoy the heck out of me but I miss him being around and some of the other [non-cicket] comments he made.

He hasn't been around since I called him to Hell (about a cricket comment) a couple of years back.
Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jack the Lass:
LeRoc hasn't posted for a while, I don't think (he was quite prolific earlier this year).

He moves around a lot, and I believe he often has no internet. I hope he returns.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hart. Where is he?

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:
Hart. Where is he?

He changed his name to Adam. (with the end stop) during the last name change amnesty. His most recent post was here.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
...and iGeek...

Checking in and remembering meets gone by. I stay abreast of a gaggle of SoF friends via facebook. Google news, Feedly and Facebook dominate my internet attention and time these days.

Still in Gulfopolis. We tried to sell the house last year and had a buyer who backed out at the last moment and then the energy market killed the real estate market and so we're biding our time til things rebound.

It's quiet this week at work and thought I'd have a short visit and peruse a few threads. [Cool]

Posts: 2150 | From: West End, Gulfopolis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iGeek:
... We tried to sell the house last year and had a buyer who backed out at the last moment and then the energy market killed the real estate market and so we're biding our time til things rebound ...

You have my sympathy, iGeek - we're in a similar boat, except our "buyer" backed out after the last moment - we'd had our stuff shipped to meet his original closing date - so it's costing us a bomb in storage and we're feeling decidedly shafted.

Hope you can get your place shifted soon.

[ 22. November 2016, 21:59: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
iGeek! [Yipee] [Axe murder]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ecclesiastical Flip-flop
Shipmate
# 10745

- Posted      Profile for Ecclesiastical Flip-flop   Email Ecclesiastical Flip-flop   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What became of 'Thurible'?

--------------------
Joyeuses Pâques! Frohe Ostern! Buona Pasqua! ¡Felices Pascuas! Happy Easter!

Posts: 1946 | From: Surrey UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

Went up in smoke.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A mention in another place reminded me I have not seen Qlib for a very long time and I miss her.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Joan Rasch
Shipmate
# 49

- Posted      Profile for Joan Rasch   Email Joan Rasch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This may be a bit off topic, but this thread seems like the best place to put it...

Every Advent now, I take myself back to two threads from 2002 and read them together, as they happened at the time:

I can't quite put into words why they seem to go together so well, but they do.

--------------------
* A cyclist on the information bikepath

Posts: 509 | From: Boston, MA USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
cosmic dance
Shipmate
# 14025

- Posted      Profile for cosmic dance   Email cosmic dance   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hardly ever posted on the ship so will hardly be missed, but I thought I'd use this thread to say Hi to Uncle Pete. We enjoyed a day's sightseeing in Wellington when he visited NZ some years ago.

Hi Pete!.

--------------------
"No method, no teacher, no guru..." Van Morrison.

Posts: 233 | From: godzone | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

quote:
Originally posted by cosmic dance:
I hardly ever posted on the ship so will hardly be missed, but I thought I'd use this thread to say Hi to Uncle Pete. We enjoyed a day's sightseeing in Wellington when he visited NZ some years ago.

Hi Pete!.

Hiya Cosmic Dance. I have lasting memories of my Antipodean Tour. Hope all is well with you, too!

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Macrina hasn't posted for some time. I hope all is well or that life has just become too exciting.

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

And it's quite a while since I saw anything from Mama Thomas either.

--------------------

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Father Timofei? (Was in Oxford)

LQ/Liturgy Queen? (Was in Toronto)

Triple Tiara? (Was in Oz?)

Posts: 758 | From: 30 arpents de neige | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
roybart
Shipmate
# 17357

- Posted      Profile for roybart   Email roybart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I miss South Coast Kevin and (to my astonishment) IngoB, two very different posters who were so unlike me that I learned a lot about my own assumptions while reading their posts.

--------------------
"The consolations of the imaginary are not imaginary consolations."
-- Roger Scruton

Posts: 547 | From: here | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

I met IngoB at a shipmeet in Melbourne many years ago and he was as delightful IRL as he could be intransigent shiipboard.

--------------------

roybart
Shipmate
# 17357

- Posted      Profile for roybart   Email roybart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
IngoB once stated that a main purpose for engaging in debate here was to hone his skills in apologetics. In other words, how better to defend the traditionalist end of the Roman Catholic spectrum. This is not to deny that he seemed to relish the interpersonal relationships he formed. While agreeing with almost nothing he posted, I was fascinated by tbe way his mind worked. As a convert, he seemed to have passed through the questioning stage and was now concentrating on refining the way he talked about what for him were now certainties.

South Coast Kevin, on the other hand, was one of the least combative and competitive of posters. I loved his gentleness of manner and the sincerity of his search for a way to live his warm faith in God. I believe he was pursuing a theological degree and hope that his absence here reflects how rewarding and absorbing his studies are.

--------------------
"The consolations of the imaginary are not imaginary consolations."
-- Roger Scruton

Posts: 547 | From: here | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:
A mention in another place reminded me I have not seen Qlib for a very long time and I miss her.

Aw, thanks. [Axe murder]

Busy with Real Life and prating about on other forms of social media.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A couple came to mind, and for the life of me, I can't think of their online names.

They were an English couple. He was finishing a PhD in physics at the University of Manitoba, and she was studying/working in early childhood education. They were relocating to Washington DC(?) for his post-doc. Religiously, they were the English variety of evangelical. They were a lovely couple. I had dinner with them in Toronto when they were passing through. Wonderful evening.

Anyone have any clue?

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Imaginary Friend and Liberty. IF is still around; I wish Liberty was as well.

--------------------

John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

- Posted      Profile for John Holding   Email John Holding   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Imaginary Friend is a Host in the circus.

John

Posts: 5929 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Ah, thank you, both.
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sine has reappeared on Rook's Hell thread.

--------------------
Siegfried
Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

Tomorrow, we remember Aelred of Rievaulx. It's a while since i saw a post from our Aelred.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Has anyone seen Ariel recently? She last posted on 12 December.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I put her in the wash by mistake. Sorry about that.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

But did your whites come out nice and bright? [Killing me]

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
Sine has reappeared on Rook's Hell thread.

Waving, no doubt.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016