homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Sine Nomine Training Grounds (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Sine Nomine Training Grounds
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
You don't think those clothes are a little young for you, do you?
Of course not. "Baby tees" are worn by women, not babies, silly.

Gawd, you are such a wuss. Suck it up and deal.

[ 11. November 2012, 00:38: Message edited by: Lyda*Rose ]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gawd, you are such a wuss. Suck it up and deal.

Darling, it's always a good idea to consider well before dealing. I've seen so many people make fools of themselves by not doing so.

You mean you haven't got a Master'sdegree?

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got a Master's Degree in the School of Hard Knocks, baby, and a Ph.D in Life with a capital L.

Phew, you smell like you've been wrestling with King Kong.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh he was much prettier than that! I just couldn't bear to wash him off.

Do you realise how aggressively you come over?

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That was a very good trait back in the day when I played "Red Rover, Red Rover, send (Lyda) on over". I broke across the opposing line of kids almost every time!

You have got one of the most ill-trained mutts on the planet.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Actually, he's very well trained on his planet. Funny how those things go. When did you say you're returning to your planet?

Can you say "love"? It's such a little word.
(Said to a child by an adult who didn't have the first clue.)

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, but it's so non-specific. Do you mean agape, eros, phileo, or storge?

(another Dad-ism) Our friend's kid is valedictorian. Why aren't you? You're supposed to be the smart one.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Who? Oh, you mean that loser who can't get a date? Look at it this way, Dad: you want grandkids some day, right? Only one of us is going to have 'em.

Why do you have to ruin everything?

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Archaeologists will thank me.

Were you born stupid, or did you have to practise?

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

The fine vintage of my stupidity is the product of years of careful cultivation and distillery. In other words, of course I practice.

(One from a childhood friend, reminiscing) Here I was,new at school, trying to make a good impression, and the first person to make friends with me was the weird girl.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you Kelly - I love to be different, I'm so glad you like me.

Do you have to pick your nose in public - it's disgusting!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, no, so sorry, was miles away. Thank you so much for reminding me I was out in public.

What do you think you are doing?

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I'm multitasking, so what specifically do you mean?

(I think this is my favorite insult ever) You know, people come up to me all the time and say,"I just don't know about that Kelly; I don't like her," and I just tell them "you just have to get to know her!" [Angel]

[ 11. November 2012, 08:55: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Isn't it wonderful how much we discover when we start with an open mind and just go with the flow. You get to know such interesting people that way.

Do you really have to learn everything from experience?

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you for the compliment on my learning and experience. May I use you as a referee for my next job application?

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. (Said to me frequently when I was teaching)

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you for teaching me that.

All people from <your political party> are a bunch of [nazis / communists], aren't they?

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Of course. I only hang out with them in the Christian hope that my holy and healthy attitudes will win them over to more correct ways of thinking. Pray for us all, please, as we will pray for you, that your overwhelming virtue may not lead you into the sin of pride.

As the guest takes a modest portion -Please leave some chicken/roast potatoes/fuit salad for others.......

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

(shamefacedly) But they've all said they really don't like it. I was hoping to spare people's feelings by getting rid of it.

When did you become such an oversensitive bitch?

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Oh dear, and I was trying so hard to empathise with you. I really didn't mean to hurt your feelings, as I can tell by your reaction that I have done. Please forgive me - I wouldn't offend you for the world, and you would be sad to think you had distressed me.

What an amazing house. Are all these things family heirlooms? you must hardly be able to move.

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, no, I can move just fine! See? [Moves around a bit.] Now, which of my heirlooms would you like to hear about first?

You look really tired.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, but it was so worth it! Helping to birth my new little grandbaby was such a privilege; that was one of the best 48 hours of my life!

When are you going to grow up?

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know. I look so young it's hard to believe I'm an adult.

You have a face would turn milk.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Ooh, that's really good news, I've been practising my scary teacher face, so glad I've finally mastered it.

Are you trying to poison me? about a meal

(Those who can do, those who can't teach and those who can't do either become politicians)

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, dear. If you want that sort of entertainment, have dinner with the Borgias, across town.

You believe THAT book?
(Being religious, scientific, home design, history, or whatever.)

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

My beliefs are legion. Do come to the next Black Mass.

Your breath smells

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Thanks! In some cultures, breath is considered a sign of personal honesty. To cover up your breath with a breath mint is to lie.

Funny, I can only smell your mouthwash...

Where's that outfit from? Goodwill?
(Thrift store.)

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, actually, the one in the really nice part of town—you think I can normally afford Zegna and Charvet on my salary?

When you moved away, the average IQ of both places went up

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I think I just need to suck it up and accept the truth inherent in that statement, because I can't figure it out. [Big Grin]

You've never hear of the Trendz? EVERYONE listens to the Trendz. Where have you been?

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Trendz, that sounds fascinating, can you tell me more about this?

You're useless

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And yet you keep me around! Awwww...! [Hot and Hormonal]

I think it's wonderful you don't care how you look.

--------------------

TomOfTarsus
Shipmate
# 3053

- Posted      Profile for TomOfTarsus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Me too!

Did you forget your deodorant, or are we near a slaughterhouse?

--------------------
By grace are ye saved through faith... not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath ... ordained that we should walk in them.

Posts: 1570 | From: Pittsburgh, PA USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This body spray is a bit whiffy isn't it? Didn't you give it to me last Christmas?

Which stage show are you appearing in, dressed like that?

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pantomime of course, it's that time of year.

I don't know what makes you so dumb but it really works.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why thank you! I prefer not to be weighted down by such things as book learning or "formal" knowledge. I find it more expedient to just my emotional knowledge.

Most people would not have the courage to wear that combination.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Yes, it does take a strong personality to carry it off. But your pastel outfit is quite attractive too.

I do like your house - it's so lived in.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Exactly, you've got it. eventually it will be died in, so seize the day!

Why don't you quiet down while the important people are speaking?

--------------------

Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I fully intend to; in the meantime, it is good to have you to chat with while waiting for someone with a little more gravitas to speak up.

Do you do daft things often, then, mate?

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

The entertainmant value is why my friends love me.

That shirt is holding out well - you've worn it all week.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

The Giants haven't won the 2013 Series yet. Glad you like the shirt, because you're gonna have to get used to it.

What are you complaining about? I'm the one who has real problems!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, you have, haven't you?

Have you always been so obtuse or are you making an exception on my behalf?

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Obtuse is the angle I like to cultivate, it lends a certain alluring mysteriousness, don't you think?

You're flippin' hopeless!

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Really? Thanks for saying that. Jesus came to proclaim hope to the hopeless. I guess I have His special attention now. [Angel]

Who would want to hang out with someone like you?

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Someone like you, apparently.

(actually said to me by a colleague:) Jackets like that one are so pretty. I hope they come back in style some day.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well thank you! Retro is sooo cool right now. Tell me, where did you get those boots? No, don't, let me guess. The garden centre?
Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

No, at Payless, actually, but they would be good for gardening, wouldn't they?

Give it up. You're never going to get it right.

(I leave it to the next poster to decide what "it" might be.)

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, thank you so much for offering to do it for me - you are so kind.

You are living proof of reincarnation. No one could possibly get to be so stupid in just one lifetime

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Oh, I have faith that you could--and have!

I wish they'd take you up to the space station, and boot you out the airlock!

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think doing space walks is a bit more technical than that these days, but I would love to do one!

"You're too young to be married with a child! You make me feel old!"

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Too old? 14 is normal for round here.

Given the choice of two evils, you'll take both of them.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mmmm please. Twice the guilt, twice the repentance!

Didn't I see you clinging to a bus-stop, around midnight Saturday? Singing 'Girls just want to have fun'?

--------------------
How do you know when a politician is lying?
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016