homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 3: The Wise Men Discover the Star (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 3: The Wise Men Discover the Star
Dragon

Nativity Play
# 3669

- Posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
you kings are late and looking daffy
and don’t you think I’m being jokey
we’ve 3 imposters in the café
who want to rule by karaoke

--------------------
come home to a real welsh dragon fire..

Posts: 103 | From: The Stage | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Stares up at the sky, wondering what these people are talking about. Just sees a bunch of white dots up there.

Baaaaaaaaa!

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Herod

Nativity Play
# 3649

- Posted      Profile for Herod   Author's homepage   Email Herod   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Fairy Godmother:
Pssst Herod - want a drink?

Let me see.

I'm a professional Actor, appearing in a third rate unrehearsed school-kids nativity play. My dressing room is filled with sheep and angels <spit>, not to mention the fact that there is sheep dung in my make-up box. My flowers have been eaten, my hip-flask stolen and my career is going to pot before my very eyes.

Of course I want a bloody drink.

--------------------
#I'm Herod the Great, I am, I am.#

Stoo

Posts: 159 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

- Posted      Profile for A very naughty boy   Author's homepage   Email A very naughty boy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Strides onto stage and takes a mic.]

Ladies and Gentlemen, since we're lacking a star in tonights performace this far we're going to try to provide one for your entertainment.

We have a host of star performers lined up for you tonight ... sit back and enjoy as we find our star.

[Shuffles into shadows at the back of the stage]

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Posts: 92 | From: Somewhere else | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 1

Nativity Play
# 3671

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 1   Email Sheep 1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
hears the comforting (and purely pastoral [Paranoid] ) voice of Chief Comic Shepherd, and scuttles back out on stage, confident that the CCS will defend her from those bent on evil against her flock.

Baaaaa

Bumps into Chief Comic Shepherd, and nibbles contentedly at her cloak.

--------------------
Jack the Lass the Sheep (but you can call me Shaun)

Posts: 45 | From: a flippin' cold hillside outside Bethlehem | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wise Guy
Nativity Play
# 3707

- Posted      Profile for Wise Guy   Email Wise Guy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Blushes deeply at Sheperd's comment)

What makes you think I'm interested in your sheep?

--------------------
KELLY ALVES makes a flip remark and ends up in a play. Hi, Mom!

Posts: 205 | From: Second star to the right | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dragon

Nativity Play
# 3669

- Posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For this is life , if you must rule
you must impress with leadership,
or else you will but look a Fool
and all too soon - your crown will slip

--------------------

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Turns his gaze toward Fairy Godmother, toward the hip flask she's carrying. Nose lights up.

Baaaaaaaa?

--------------------

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

- Posted      Profile for Spare Shepherd   Email Spare Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"Dear Wise Men.
I write to you with a sample of my handwriting, so's you can see deep into my character. My inseperable companion- my yappy imaginary poodle, Blossom, was born on February 30. What do her stars say about her?
I am sure you are busy now, and I am prepared to wait til after the Christmas rush for your reply.
With thanks
Spare Shepherd"

--------------------
The last time I checked I was Rowen- really!

Posts: 68 | From: A sheeply village near Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dragon

Nativity Play
# 3669

And there are folk to do the job
who would compete with dulcet voice
"Search for a Star", with tuneful throb
and be elected by voted choice...

--------------------

Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

- Posted      Profile for Angel 1   Email Angel 1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

*Lifts up skirt and detaches yet another hip flask*

please may I have a bit of that? (hair of the dog and all that)

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Posts: 100 | From: Heaven/bethlehem/the angelic dressing room/on stage | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 1

Nativity Play
# 3671

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 1   Email Sheep 1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Wise Guy:
What makes you think I'm interested in your sheep?

[Eek!]

--------------------

Posts: 45 | From: a flippin' cold hillside outside Bethlehem | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep:
Turns his gaze toward Fairy Godmother, toward the hip flask she's carrying. Nose lights up.

Baaaaaaaa?

You want one too do you? Hold on a bit as Herod's needs are great at the mo

*Passes hip flask of whiskey to Herod with a wink*

[ 11. December 2002, 23:04: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

- Posted      Profile for Chief Comic Shepherd   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I has a healthy distrust of foreigners. If it's not my sheep they're after, it'll be my daughters! Or wives! Or...it don't bear thinking about. Any rate, you're casing the joint all right, with your spy glasses and stuff!

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Posts: 137 | From: Near Bethlehem | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dragon

Nativity Play
# 3669

So now we have a little fun
A concert by our loyal staff
To find a new king for this run
and most of all give us a laugh...

--------------------

Wise Guy
Nativity Play
# 3707

- Posted      Profile for Wise Guy   Email Wise Guy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(To sheep 1)

Aww, baby, don't be like that....

--------------------

Posts: 205 | From: Second star to the right | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wise Man 2

Nativity Play
# 3654

- Posted      Profile for Wise Man 2   Email Wise Man 2   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
:looks out window: Still looks cold out there.

:To other wise man present: Tell me my good sir, what do you make of the conjuction of Saturn and Jupiter in Pisces? Is it as great an event as I foresee, or do you have an alternative explanation?

What should we do about this event? Do we need further guidance - maybe a further heavenly sign or do we consult the entrails of one of these sheep that seem to be all over the place?

--------------------
When I'm not creeping around stables at 2 in the morning I go by the name Alan

Posts: 67 | From: The Orient | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dragon

Nativity Play
# 3669

So gather round and listen well
And cast of thousands, do your worst
Stand up and let your voices swell...
Now come on people, who'll be first?

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Angel 1:
quote:

Good grief - what d'ya think I am? The bleedin tea lady?

Angels can get their own drink - I'm taking care of the men [Wink]

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Wise Man

Nativity Play
# 3674

- Posted      Profile for Chief Wise Man   Author's homepage   Email Chief Wise Man   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[fade in -- sound of native american drummers throbbing in the background]

[dark figure strides onto stage looking up. His warbonnet flows out behind him.]

Lessee .... hmmm....

Moon in the seventh house, Check.
Jupiter aligned with Mars, Check.

Hmmm. Signs indicate Big Happenings in the West.

Hmmm, i wonder where my esteemed colleagues are? We need to meet in the sweat lodge and seek a vision from our spirit guides.

[strides off the stage purposefully as the drumming swells in volume and the humming of the Fifth Dimension fills the air].

--------------------
incurablyGeeking westwardly; avatar following yonder star.

Posts: 87 | From: East of Yerushalayem; Ur mebbe... | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

- Posted      Profile for Chief Comic Shepherd   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Quick, sheep 1, over here mate! I'll save you!

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Sheep 1

Nativity Play
# 3671

quote:
Originally posted by Wise Guy:
(To sheep 1)

Aww, baby, don't be like that....

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Pssst... Wise Guy... take a look at the one with the funny nose over there...

Sheep 1 abandons vow to stop Rudolph playing any sheep games and REALLY hopes he'll play this one

--------------------

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

- Posted      Profile for Spare Shepherd   Email Spare Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No, I'll save you, I have a fondness for lamb (with mint sauce)....

--------------------

Posts: 68 | From: A sheeply village near Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

Nativity Play
# 3667

Wanders over toward Herod, staring up at him while he takes a drink.

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
pssst.... Angel 1.

I have some strong drink on the props table, disguised as magic potions.

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

expertly hauls Rudolph away with crook

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by A very naughty boy:
[Strides onto stage and takes a mic.]

Ladies and Gentlemen, since we're lacking a star in tonights performace this far we're going to try to provide one for your entertainment.

We have a host of star performers lined up for you tonight ... sit back and enjoy as we find our star.

[Shuffles into shadows at the back of the stage]

Amidst a swirl of dry ice and rapturous applause from the audience, the door backstage opens and in struts Mary, dressed somewhat differently to her accustomed blue. Most noticeable is the upper part of her costume, to which two Cornettos have been firmly attached. For tonight, as a Stars In Their Eyes special, the Virgin Mary is appearing as...... Madonna!

The Orchestra breaks into the opening bars of "Like a Virgin" as Madonna strides over to the microphone, gives a sultry look in the direction of the camera and begins to sing...

Ickly Jesus sweetly sleep, do not stir
We will lend a coat of sheepskin....

--------------------
Can you have a white wedding in blue?
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dragon

Nativity Play
# 3669

Now come on people, I can’t sing
And folks have heard enough of me
We need to find the Next Big Thing
And someone who can smile cutely

And meanwhile I apologise
To wise man 2 and wise guy here
My computer’s slow although it tries
To serve me in this Thespian sphere

--------------------

Wise Guy
Nativity Play
# 3707

quote:
Originally posted by Dragon:
For this is life , if you must rule
you must impress with leadership,
or else you will but look a Fool
and all too soon - your crown will slip

Huh? Oh.

(Glances down at note recenly recieved from Spare Shepherd)

What's this about a poodle That's it! It's a clear sign we must follow the Dog Star!

(Starts striding confidently in what is more than probably the wrong direction.)

--------------------

Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

- Posted      Profile for Angel 1   Email Angel 1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Angel 1:
quote:

Good grief - what d'ya think I am? The bleedin tea lady?

Angels can get their own drink - I'm taking care of the men [Wink]

that's not fair. i'm going to tell on you.

herod - please pass me that flask when you're done, or the fairy godmother won't let me have any.

A

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Posts: 100 | From: Heaven/bethlehem/the angelic dressing room/on stage | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Herod

Nativity Play
# 3649

- Posted      Profile for Herod   Author's homepage   Email Herod   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep:
Wanders over toward Herod, staring up at him while he takes a drink.

Bog off, or be made into cushions for my new throne.

--------------------

Stoo

Sheep 1

Nativity Play
# 3671

quote:
Originally posted by Wise Man 2:
...do we consult the entrails of one of these sheep that seem to be all over the place?

Baaaaaaaaa

Baaaaaaaaa Baaaaaaaa Baaaaaaaaaaa!

Frantically checks small print in contract for any mention of entrails and runs to Chief Comic Shepherd for cover.

--------------------

Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

quote:
Originally posted by chief stage manager:
pssst.... Angel 1.

I have some strong drink on the props table, disguised as magic potions.

ta

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Chief Wise Man

Nativity Play
# 3674

- Posted      Profile for Chief Wise Man   Author's homepage   Email Chief Wise Man   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[stage still dark. Back screen illuminated with dark blue lights fading to black at the top. Stars like diamonds on velvet sparkle brightly. Drums continue to throb and the spirit singers wail their chant.]

[Suddenly, a single, great star brightens luminously towards stage left high] a breeze rustles the curtains and the tempo and volume of the drumming increase with anticipation]

[Bellowing heard from off stage left]

Mel! Caz! Bal! Phil! Where the heck are you guys? Meet me in the main tower in 15 minutes! We've got work to do!

[silhouette of tower rolls in from stage left]

--------------------

Posts: 87 | From: East of Yerushalayem; Ur mebbe... | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wise Guy
Nativity Play
# 3707

Yeah, those of us with slow witted computers are getting trounced...

(Nice nose on the sheep. Bit tipsy too. Hmmm.)

--------------------

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

Spare Shepherd and Rowen stride onto the stage, to sing a song, deicated to the Lost Star of Bethlehem...

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach that unreachable star!

This is my quest, to follow the star
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
To fight for the right without question or pause
To be willing to pass into hell for a heavenly cause

la la la la

forget the rest of the words....

They slink off the stage looking silly....

--------------------

Dragon

Nativity Play
# 3669

And meanwhile I apologise
To wise man 2 and wise guy here
My computer’s slow although it tries
To serve me in this Thespian sphere

I’m not a ride, there’s not much space
Between my little crooked wings
I come of a proud ancient race
And I was born to higher things

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

*Fairy Godmother comes on to centre stage in another mist of dry ice*

*She is wearing what could only be described as clothes from a second hand shop, high heeled ankle boots and the entire contents of her jewellery box. She is sporting a bright yellow wig on her head

Tonight Matthew I am going to be Cyndi Lauper

"I come home in the morning light
My mother says when you gonna live your life right
Oh mother dear we're not the fortunate ones
And girls they wanna to have fun
Oh girls just wanna have fun"

*Side comment - and just where that got some people eh BVM?*

[ 11. December 2002, 23:09: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------

Nativity Play
# 3667

Looks over at Wise Guy, wondering why he's looking at me like that.

Looks over at Sheep 1, wondering why that sheep's smiling like that.

Looks around to try to find the props table for those magic potions. Little to angels know that Rudolph has extraordinary hearing abilities.

--------------------

Herod

Nativity Play
# 3649

quote:
Originally posted by Virgin Mary:
Ickly Jesus sweetly sleep, do not stir
We will lend a coat of sheepskin....

Ok... just stop there.

You may think you can sing, but frankly, I can tell you, you haven't a hope in hell of making it into this band.

You're just wasting everybody's time here today - mine, and the other judges.

In the immortal words, "don't give up your day-job".

Horrid Herod, Celebrity Judge.

<hoists trousers up to just below the nipples>

--------------------

Stoo

Wise Guy
Nativity Play
# 3707

Ye Gods, a STAR? [Yipee]

--------------------

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

Mary's not having one of my sheep for her sheepskin baby-blanket!

Anyway, she'll need two, and that evil twin'll eat it!

Or eat the good twin...which would be damned inconvenient, theologically, historically etc.

OO arr!

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Dragon

Nativity Play
# 3669

Now that was great and sung with style
Spare shepherd, Rowen, stunningly
Your talent stands out by a mile
Such grace, pizzazz, star quality…

--------------------

Wise Guy
Nativity Play
# 3707

Spare Shepherd, that was lovely!

(Dries eyes. Winks at Rudolph.)

--------------------

Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
<Hobbles on looking pained>

Right! I'm no wise man, but if someone doesn't clear those sheep off the stage NOW I will personally ask Herod's evil henchman to ensure that none of you are ever again in fit state to gaze at your own miserable navels, let alone entrails, be they bovine or sheepine. [Mad]

My physio has spent the whole day trying to put my back back, and my health insurance policy doesn't accept "I tripped over a ruminant" as valid grounds for cover.

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Wise Man

Nativity Play
# 3674

[figure in war bonnet strides in from stage left]

[another figure strides in from stage right]

[both figures are staring upwards toward the new sign in the heavens and, not watching where they are walking, collide in the middle.]

[spot comes up dimly as CWM and WG disentangle themselves]

Guy! I've been looking all over for you and the other's! Have you seen it? What do you think, dude?

--------------------

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

Dear Dragon,
we know the truth of you comment, feeling it in our hearts.... humbly, naturally....

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

*Now offstage, breathless and losing beads all over the floor*

Oi Rudolph - drinkies

*Takes another hipflask that she has concealed about her person and hands it to Rudolph *

He's got a surprise coming to him when he gets a slurp of that [Wink]

--------------------

Dragon

Nativity Play
# 3669

Now that was great and sung with style
Spare shepherd, Rowen, stunningly
Your talent stands out by a mile
Such grace, pizzazz, star quality…

--------------------

bee_of_good_cheer

Nativity Play
# 3672

- Posted      Profile for bee_of_good_cheer   Email bee_of_good_cheer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
~quickly grabs pan of alfalfa brownies from saddle bag~

yo sheep!

treats!

--------------------
how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? (ponders zephirine of the roses)

Posts: 39 | From: earth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016