homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » The After Show Party (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The After Show Party
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There have been rumblings and grumblings amongst the cast regarding an After Show Party. Well here it is - all the drinks and food are on the house. And by the end they will probably be all over the floor as well. Have a blast guys - you deserve it!

Note: Members of the general public and audience are very welcome at this party, and cast members can choose to appear both in and out of costume. So that's nice.

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Herod

Nativity Play
# 3649

- Posted      Profile for Herod   Author's homepage   Email Herod   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Musical Director:
cast members can choose to appear both in and out of costume...

Ooh, you liar!

If you need me, I'll be in the corner, getting drunk on red wine and signing autographs on any random body-part you so wish.

You were wooooooooooonderful, dahlings, simply wonderful!

--------------------
#I'm Herod the Great, I am, I am.#

Stoo

Posts: 159 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

- Posted      Profile for Mother Mary   Email Mother Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If anyone wants me, I'll be in the kitchen with my hot chocolate and a mince pie or two. [Roll Eyes]

Either that, or I'll be the crumpled heap in a corner of the kitchen, snoring and catching up on a fortnight of late nights [Snore]

--------------------
Over 500 posts? No wonder I am exhausted. Wake me in the spring, if you please.(Smudgie)

Posts: 203 | From: Escaped back to real life at last. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

- Posted      Profile for ChrisT   Author's homepage   Email ChrisT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm glad to put that baton down finally ... ah, is that Bushmills? Don't mind if I do ...

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Posts: 6489 | From: Here, there and everywhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's too perishing cold in this place to appear out of costume. [Frown]

A Crabbie's ginger wine would do nicely though. (Unlike my stage persona, I don't really drink much at all.) [Angel]

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Phil the Wise Guy
Nativity Play
# 3678

- Posted      Profile for Phil the Wise Guy   Email Phil the Wise Guy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, feels good to stretch and get into pj's, silk smoking jacket, ascot, and pair of fuzzy cartoon character slippers.

I have two urns of my homemade mulled wine and some hot cider, both of them on the sideboard over there, next to the cups. I even brought some of my chocolate chip cookies, too.

I'd like to publically thank all my cast mates, the director(s), producers, for their hard work and dedication to a very uncertain cause. Thanks also to Sir Tomkins the critic for his amusing and all-too-often uncomfortably accurate reviews [Eek!] , and especial thanks to Simon for allowing us to clutter up his ship with our wackiness. [Not worthy!]

Thank you, one and all.

Now, bring on the mead and wenches! [Snigger]

--------------------
So, wheres can I get a drink in dis town? Feels so good ta can dat Kenwritez nice-guy schtick.

Posts: 68 | From: Some burg outside Jerusalem | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have now thrown open the doors to all registered users to post on existing threads. Sorry, only cast members get to start threads.

And cast members, you are now free to start threads!

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Erin:
I have now thrown open the doors to all registered users to post on existing threads. Sorry, only cast members get to start threads.

And cast members, you are now free to start threads!

Erin, you mean I can start a kitchen where I can sit and get all maudlin over a glass of Crabbies and a mince pie? [Yipee]

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

- Posted      Profile for Mother Mary   Email Mother Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Miffy, I am already there!

--------------------
Over 500 posts? No wonder I am exhausted. Wake me in the spring, if you please.(Smudgie)

Posts: 203 | From: Escaped back to real life at last. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

quote:
Originally posted by Mother Mary:
Miffy, I am already there!

Where?

--------------------
Miffy

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

In the kitchen, with a mince pie and hot chocolate. I don't know... these people who don't read the whole thread before posting!!!! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Gift of Gold

Nativity Play
# 3668

- Posted      Profile for Gift of Gold   Email Gift of Gold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gold enters the room with fake 70's hair do and clothes to match, a copy of Abba gold. She saunters over to the sterio and puts on said CD

click, click, click

dancing queen begins to play

I think I was made for this track! Anyone for a boogie?!

--------------------
the gold bar/ dancer formally known as Annie P.

Posts: 36 | From: fort nox | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's better.

Just slipped out of my costume into something more comfortable!

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*Heads straight for the drinks and begins mixing herself a cocktail whilst dancing along to "Dancing Queen*

*Proceeds to add a couple of umbrellas, a swizzle stick, cherries, pineapple and other fruit on a cocktail stick and a couple of sparklers for good measure*

Now that's a Fairy Godmother for you - large, decorative and full of spirit [Snigger]

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
God, it's nice to be able to talk!

I've grown rather attached to my costume, though, especially with a few of the bows and bells re-attached.

*jingle, jingle*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sheep 3:
God, it's nice to be able to talk!

I've grown rather attached to my costume, though, especially with a few of the bows and bells re-attached.

*jingle, jingle*

Fine, Sheep 3!

One little request, though. My physio is on holiday. Please, no....(ahem!) [Wink] You know what I'm talking about!

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

- Posted      Profile for Spare Shepherd   Email Spare Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My same-sex, life-partner Rowen and I will come in enthusiatically for a drink or 2 or 40..... We will dance on tables, and sing racous songs with anyone... [Big Grin]

--------------------
The last time I checked I was Rowen- really!

Posts: 68 | From: A sheeply village near Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

quote:
Originally posted by Spare Shepherd:
My same-sex, life-partner Rowen and I will come in enthusiatically for a drink or 2 or 40..... We will dance on tables, and sing racous songs with anyone... [Big Grin]

I tried doing that during the performance, Spare Shepherd, and that miserable lot ignored me! [Disappointed]

--------------------
Growing Greenpatches

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You only have to worry if I start saying "Baaaaaaa" again!

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, I see the party's started!

I'm glad there's a good dry cleaners around here so I could make my costume white again.

Given there seems to have been a distinct lack of Guinness available in the bars of Palestine, I will amble over to the bar and help myself to some now. [Wink]

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

Help! Not many people around. Still, the night is young. Maybe a change of music will bring them in? [Yipee]

--------------------
Growing Greenpatches

Gift of Gold

Nativity Play
# 3668

- Posted      Profile for Gift of Gold   Email Gift of Gold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gold takes Nanny by the hand and leads her round the dance floor. Twirls her with one hand and when Nanny faces her again points at nanny

Ooooo You can dance, you can sing, having the time of your life, ooooh

etc etc...

--------------------

Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*stable cat wanders in, looking like she'd really love a bowl of milk. she's brough her own contribution to the feast, a nice dead rat....*

mmmmrrrtttt?

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Posts: 85 | From: the stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
iGeek.*

Resident alien
# 3207

- Posted      Profile for iGeek.*   Author's homepage         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gift of Gold:
Gold takes Nanny by the hand and leads her round the dance floor...

waits patiently at the side for his turn on Goldie's dance card. He LIKES Abba; brings back good memories.

--------------------
.sig on holiday

Posts: 702 | From: Hot-on-us, TX | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*Music changes to "Gimmie gimmie gimmie - a man after midnight*

Come on Incurable Geek - let's dance!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
iGeek.*

Resident alien
# 3207

- Posted      Profile for iGeek.*   Author's homepage         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Faaaabulous!

iGeek jumps in and frougs with the group; jumping around in inelegant and wild abandon. He believes in the advice given by LeAnn Womack.

Gimme, gimme some luuuuvin' ....

--------------------
.sig on holiday

Posts: 702 | From: Hot-on-us, TX | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gift of Gold

Nativity Play
# 3668

the track changes to Warterloo

geek I saw you over there standing tapping your foot - want to dance? Dodgy seventies moves only though!

ps there is a small party in the cafe if anyone would care to join us... It's like being in the kitchen at parties.... join us, join us [Yipee]

--------------------

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

- Posted      Profile for Spare Shepherd   Email Spare Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Spare Shephwed and Rowen racously sing Waterloo and dance on tables with Miffy!

--------------------
The last time I checked I was Rowen- really!

Posts: 68 | From: A sheeply village near Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

quote:
Originally posted by Spare Shepherd:
The Spare Shephwed and Rowen racously sing Waterloo and dance on tables with Miffy!

Err...I was about to say, I'm off for a nap. Wake me up when it starts to get interesting! Just keep the party going til I get back, will you! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Growing Greenpatches

ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

- Posted      Profile for ChrisT   Author's homepage   Email ChrisT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think everyone is asleep. This isn't a party, this is a wake...

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Posts: 6489 | From: Here, there and everywhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisT:
I think everyone is asleep. This isn't a party, this is a wake...

I'm not -speak for yourself

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, I'm not awake either. [Snore] It's been an exhausting fortnight.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jen.

Godless Liberal
# 3131

- Posted      Profile for Jen.   Email Jen.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
oh, so this is the party!

J

--------------------
Was Jenny Ann, but fancied being more minimal.

Posts: 5318 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

They can party away in the cafe kitchen. Keeps it quiet in here for those of us who need to snooze a bit before remembering all the things we didn't do because we were prancing around on stage for hours on end. [Help]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(shows up in fabulous crushed velvet gown and matching satin gloves. Rubs chin.)

Man, that beard was scratchy...

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Night all.

Jonah.

<much relieved not to have that udder strapped on any more>

Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Er, has someone got some spirt gum remover? I can't get this blasted fake beard off--it's all tanged up with my real beard!

Sieg

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

- Posted      Profile for Donkey   Email Donkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I've brought some Wassail and Christmas cookies, and as soon as I change here, I can go ahead and get some of this out!

--------------------
Little Beast of Burden....ha!
aka Lady A

Posts: 74 | From: 4WD The Swamp | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lady A

Narnian Lady
# 3126

- Posted      Profile for Lady A   Author's homepage   Email Lady A   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ah, so much better, that jaw line was starting to tire me out (she places plates of Christmas cookies around, plugs in the crock pot full of wassail, leaves a large bottle of fine white wine for those who'd like a fuller inbibe and goes into the kitchen)
Posts: 2545 | From: The Lion's Mane, Narnia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

- Posted      Profile for Angel 3   Email Angel 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Morning after party!!

Time for fresh fruit and champagne cocktails. Love the frock, Herod.

--------------------
The artist usually known as Duo Seraphim

"Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est."

Posts: 76 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

- Posted      Profile for Angel 3   Email Angel 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sheep 3:
They can party away in the cafe kitchen. Keeps it quiet in here for those of us who need to snooze a bit before remembering all the things we didn't do because we were prancing around on stage for hours on end. [Help]

Ah, Sheep 3, all that head butting can wear a God-fearing ovine out.
I thought you were fabby though - especially when the three of you played "Strip the Shepherd."

--------------------
The artist usually known as Duo Seraphim

"Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est."

Posts: 76 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is there any washing up I can do yet?

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(enters, vested for Mattins)

Is that Evil Henchman still here?

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hooray, party time....

Anyone for a Pringle? Mulled wine? Mulled cider?

Nice to see everyone out of costume again!

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pheonix

Twisted fire starter
# 2782

- Posted      Profile for Pheonix   Email Pheonix   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*turns up with a bottle of red and a few glasses*

Anyone for some?

Posts: 2384 | From: on the move. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh yes please. Large glass please. Oh, and by the way, the angels are over in that corner, if you want to go and introduce yourself.

--------------------

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pheonix

Twisted fire starter
# 2782

- Posted      Profile for Pheonix   Email Pheonix   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*wanders over to the angels to say hi*
*hands round liberal glasses of red wine*

Posts: 2384 | From: on the move. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well hello everyone, didn't you do well? Let me be the first to raise my glass to all the cast members - santé!

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll have a glass of that, if it's going.

I must congratulate someone on the seamless movement from performance to drunken party. Quite inspired.

And the parallel development of audience to brothel is inspired.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

It's the sheep and the Wise men who give it that extra je ne sais quoi.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016