homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Hell   » Russ, you are either incredibly stupid or a Trolling Bigot (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Russ, you are either incredibly stupid or a Trolling Bigot
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Russ--

What about all the horrible ways the Irish have been treated, over hundreds of years (at least)? Was/is that ok? Is it permissible for non-Irish to treat the Irish that way?

Respectfully, I've asked this several ways, on several threads. TTBOMK, you've never answered the questions. Please answer this time.

Thanks!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?"--Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon"
--"I'm not giving up--and neither should you." --SNL

Posts: 17994 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
chris stiles
Shipmate
# 12641

- Posted      Profile for chris stiles   Email chris stiles   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm starting to see his contributions as little more than attempting to give himself some moral basis for being a complete ****.
Posts: 3844 | From: Berkshire | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Conclusion: he's a trolling bigot.

I'm not sure exactly what game he is playing or why - but surely only a complete and utter turd claims that something is "biblical" when in the same sentence saying something that is clearly not biblical.

--------------------
arse

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's easy, over time, to justify believing a lie. Not to notice that that is what you're doing. I'm wondering now what lies I have convinced myself are truths.

[Frown]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2856 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Erroneous Monk:
It's easy, over time, to justify believing a lie. Not to notice that that is what you're doing. I'm wondering now what lies I have convinced myself are truths.

[Frown]

The worry isn't just that Russ has "believed a lie", but rather that his position is so bloody stupid that it can only be put forward by someone whose only intention is to wind up others.

His assertions are paper thin. His arguments from biblical authority are so faulty that even a basic knowledge shows that they're completely wrong. His assertions of Christian orthodoxy are simply shown by referring (for example) to an authority such as Rome.

Of course, he can disagree with Rome, he can disagree with an interpretation of the bible, he can argue how other's arguments are wrong.

But of course he does none of those things, instead stubbornly ignoring anyone who puts forward other views and refusing to engage with any of these points - preferring instead to just repeat his POV as if that alone is somehow an argument.

That's not the behaviour of someone who has, in time, persuaded themselves of a lie. That's the behaviour of a schoolboy sniggering behind a bikeshed and waiting to see how many more stupid Christians he can wind up on a bulletin board.

--------------------
arse

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And you, mr cheesy, are his number one windee.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 12677 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

Er yeah, I think it has taken me a while to get to this point - having tried to engage with a number of different arguments and angles he put forwards.

But you're right, I could have more profitably invested time in something else.

--------------------
arse

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Erroneous Monk:

[Frown]

Not always a lie, but it's very easy to create your own echo chamber. Everything you read and the people you talk too all reinforce your own world-view about x and y. Anything that doesn't fit is dismissed as wrong or from an unreliable source. Or in need of correcting.

[ETA: Once someone's got to that point, they're so invested that it's almost impossible to get them to shift. However finely honed your arguments or the existence of actual facts]

Tubbs

[ 22. November 2017, 11:54: Message edited by: Tubbs ]

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12646 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mr cheesy:
That's not the behaviour of someone who has, in time, persuaded themselves of a lie.

Sure it is. Confirmation bias is a powerful force.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18052 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tubbs:

[ETA: Once someone's got to that point, they're so invested that it's almost impossible to get them to shift. However finely honed your arguments or the existence of actual facts]

Tubbs

It's what the DH board is for.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24011 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
Originally posted by Tubbs:

Tubbs

It's what the DH board is for.
It applies to almost anything, not just the usual suspects [Biased]

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12646 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
quote:
Originally posted by mr cheesy:
That's not the behaviour of someone who has, in time, persuaded themselves of a lie.

Sure it is. Confirmation bias is a powerful force.
It is. But, as I have mentioned before, he took off the pretence in a Hell thread previously.
Even if he hadn't, it would be near impossible to hit every twisting beat as consistently as he does without intent.
He is a trolling POS who enjoys winding people up.

--------------------
So goodnight moon, I want the sun
If it's not here soon, I might be done
No it won't be too soon 'til I say goodnight moon

- A. N. Parsley, D. Mcvinni

Posts: 16963 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016