homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Hell   » Mesozoic Park (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Mesozoic Park
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
Myrrh. Definitely tried my patience.

She called me to Hell once. Man, that was fun [Big Grin] . I'd have her back just so I could laugh at the craziness.

But then, I've always had a soft spot for the totally batshit insane fuckwits. Emily Whatserface-Hyphen and her alien Annunaki masters who are towing the earth out of the solar system. ThomasDF and his War With No Rules. Shamwarmi and his "no seriously, I am actually a God" ravings. Watchman and his endless screeds about nothing in particular.

They were so much more fun to take the piss out of than this insipid modern lot.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Viola
Administrator
# 20

- Posted      Profile for Viola   Email Viola   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Snore] [Confused] Bristol reunion then Pyx_e & Kingsfold?

Ah for the olden days.

Etc.

--------------------
"If ye love me, keep my commandments" John 14:15

"Commandment number one: shut the hell up." Erin Etheredge 1971-2010

Posts: 4345 | From: West of England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
They were so much more fun to take the piss out of than this insipid modern lot.

The age-old cry of the nearly-dead echoes down the years. Damn kids etc.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stoo

Mighty Pirate
# 254

- Posted      Profile for Stoo   Email Stoo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wait... is this the thread where I can lament for the old days when The Ship Was Funny?

Or is it the one where I call you all asshats?

Meh. One or t'other.

--------------------
This space left blank

Posts: 5266 | From: the director of "Bikini Traffic School" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:

quote:

The one I never want to see again is that chick who thought that CO2 couldn't possibly be dangerous because it's heavy and if there were too much of it we'd all smother. Therefore there is no such thing as global warming. Interesting phenomenon. Obnoxious to try to reason with.

Don't remember her. The reasoning sounds of someone who spent too much time in CO2 rich environments.
Erin's last post was the one banning her. It seems fitting somehow.

Sine!!!!!!!!!!!! So pleased to see you. I hope this isn't just a post and run.

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Myrrh got planked. I kind of miss her, lunatic links and all.

IngoB, Trisagion, andreas1984, JimT, Mad geo, now them I really miss.

Gordon Cheng, not so much. Max, not at all.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Who was the guy who kept complaining that the CoE (or maybe it was TEC) was just too darned God-centered, and people who wanted to go on about God should go somewhere else and leave the place to people like him? He was interesting.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
IngoB and his intransigent anti-Protestant bigotry hidden in vast reams of text caused Wood to put up his hands and say "I've better things to do with my time than argue with idiots like that" (paraphrase).

If I could have one of them back, it wouldn't be IngoB.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stoo:
Wait... is this the thread where I can lament for the old days when The Ship Was Funny?

Or is it the one where I call you all asshats?

Meh. One or t'other.

Perhaps you could instigate a new speaking in tongues thread in Heaven? That was the one that caused me physical pain laughing.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
hmmmm....

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That geezer who used to put "God bless you" at the end of every post.

And bloke with no punctuation who was a member of that group that drive around in multi-coloured vans handing out food....

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That wasn't Bro something, Brojees or Brogees? A monky sort of bloke who took condescension to new depths?

And there should be a passing reverence at least for Fr Gregory! He was one of the first people I debated with when I joined the ship as an apprentice. He drove me nutty, but I really grew to like him over the years.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anselmina:
That wasn't Bro something, Brojees or Brogees? A monky sort of bloke who took condescension to new depths?

For some reason I'm thinking Craig. CraigB?

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
The one I never want to see again is that chick who thought that CO2 couldn't possibly be dangerous because it's heavy and if there were too much of it we'd all smother. Therefore there is no such thing as global warming. Interesting phenomenon. Obnoxious to try to reason with.

That was a truly classic case of someone knowing JUST enough science to get things spectacularly wrong.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The one I never want to see again is that chick... [/QUOTE]
Woman is to man as chick is to ???

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:
The one I never want to see again is that chick...

Woman is to man as chick is to ??? [/QUOTE]

Bloke.

PS If you're going to ask stupid questions, at least code them properly.

[ 05. January 2017, 14:09: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by John Holding:
quote:
Originally posted by Carex:
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
Sine, your ice-cream spoon advice is sorely missed.

Obviously, since you seem to have forgotten that the original topic was ice-cream forks, not spoons.
Notoriously he left his set in the Hosts' lounge, where they have not received a lot of use in recent years, I confess.

John

Speak fer yerself, Boopsie. Nothin' better than a fine silver spork for my afternoon instant ramen. Mmm, mm, absurd and pretentious implement put into service for proletarian, lowbrow ends.

Look at me, Mommy! I'm a PoMo!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
quote:
The one I never want to see again is that chick...

Woman is to man as chick is to ???
Bloke.

PS If you're going to ask stupid questions, at least code them properly.
[/QUOTE]
No bloke isn't the equivalent to chick. Chick implies stereotyping and sexism. No one uses the word bloke around here, but I don't think it implies the degradation of a person because they are male. Chick is at about the level of 'fag' for a gay man.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Coding! For the love of God, coding!

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
quote:
Originally posted by John Holding:
quote:
Originally posted by Carex:
quote:
Sine, your ice-cream spoon advice is sorely missed.

Obviously, since you seem to have forgotten that the original topic was ice-cream forks, not spoons.
Notoriously he left his set in the Hosts' lounge, where they have not received a lot of use in recent years, I confess.

John

Speak fer yerself, Boopsie. Nothin' better than a fine silver spork for my afternoon instant ramen. Mmm, mm, absurd and pretentious implement put into service for proletarian, lowbrow ends.

Look at me, Mommy! I'm a PoMo!

We could turn them into Hosting implements. Anyone who doesn't behave gets smacked with a silver ice-cream fork.

Tubbs

[ 05. January 2017, 15:59: Message edited by: Tubbs ]

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Rusty ice-cream spork" has a nice ring to it.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

Just as long as it's blunt.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
SHITHEAD!!!
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Prester John
Shipmate
# 5502

- Posted      Profile for Prester John   Email Prester John   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Who was the guy who kept complaining that the CoE (or maybe it was TEC) was just too darned God-centered, and people who wanted to go on about God should go somewhere else and leave the place to people like him? He was interesting.

I'm drawing a blank on the name but I believe he was given shore leave- permanent or temporary I know not- by Rook for saying some rather libelous things to Trisagion.
Posts: 884 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

Maple leaf or pot leaf: you decide.

(eta: salvia? Could be salvia.)

[ 05. January 2017, 15:57: Message edited by: Doc Tor ]

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
T'was just saying hello to an old friend, from the end o' the previous page.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

Dude, you're turning into that guy that everyone crosses the street to avoid.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Turning into?

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Dave Marshall. If one argued he got all "I'm sorry you find this so threatening, it just goes to show how much vested interest there is in not being really reflective of the lived lives of ordinary Christians".

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Prester John:
quote:

I'm drawing a blank on the name but I believe he was given shore leave- permanent or temporary I know not- by Rook for saying some rather libelous things to Trisagion.
Both Dave Marshall and Radical Whig fit that description, (although I have no recollection of either of them being planked under those circumstances.)

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9757 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Prester John
Shipmate
# 5502

- Posted      Profile for Prester John   Email Prester John   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callan:
quote:
Originally posted by Prester John:
quote:

Both Dave Marshall and Radical Whig fit that description, (although I have no recollection of either of them being planked under those circumstances.)
Radical Whig is who I was thinking about. He was comparing Trisagion's employment in the RC Church in light of the child abuse scandal with being a willing participant of the Nazi government. Right after that he went bye-bye.
Posts: 884 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:

Is that guy who was beset by robbers on the road between Jerusalem and Jericho?

Certainly quite a few of those planked former members here that have been named turned out to be the self-righteous jerks who cross over to the other side of the road.

--------------------

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I always thought that was the aspiration.

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:

I bet Deano voted Trump.

Like any other prick, the mere thought of possible attention causes it to rise is head up. Between your mention and the vote thread in Purg, he's stroking for England. Hopefully there is no Viagra around. Because then, like most pricks, he'll not last long.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Funnily enough, I thought Mogwai when I read that. Whichever sex they were (I got the impression they were female and of the tofu-knitting persuasion), they really hadn't a clue about anything, and were a virulent anti-vaxxer as well.

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

Wow, almost glossed over the peekaboo by Stoo - the official winner of the Heaven-Hell war. I used to think less of him for not posting so much. Now I just think less.

quote:
Originally observed by Doc Tor:

Don't you equate me to Trump, you irritable bowel with a keyboard.
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Please. You think Sine's fine tines are anything less than silver?

They don't rust, they tarnish. Or they would, if I didn't have the butler polish them every day. Get it right, plebeian.

[ 05. January 2017, 17:33: Message edited by: Ariston ]

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

quote:

quote:
Just as long as it's blunt.

Have you ever come across a spork which wasn't blunt?

--------------------

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

I've a +5 Vorpal Spork. Let me introduce you to it.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

The Vorpal Spork went snicker-snack.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

quote:
No bloke isn't the equivalent to chick. Chick implies stereotyping and sexism. No one uses the word bloke around here, but I don't think it implies the degradation of a person because they are male. Chick is at about the level of 'fag' for a gay man.

Oh FFS. As a North American, you have permission to replace "bloke" with "guy".

Or you could just wander off on your personal crusade to defend women until you catch a man-cold.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

quote:
quote:

Oh FFS. As a North American, you have permission to replace "bloke" with "guy".

Or you could just wander off on your personal crusade to defend women until you catch a man-cold.

Okay girlie man

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Who was that guy who used to bring up speaking in tongues all the time? He had a red avatar, I seem to recall. A member of some sect.

Squiggle Andrew and Myrrh used to bring out good posts from other shipmates here in refuting their twatishness.

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anselmina--

quote:
Originally posted by Anselmina:
And there should be a passing reverence at least for Fr Gregory! He was one of the first people I debated with when I joined the ship as an apprentice. He drove me nutty, but I really grew to like him over the years.

That last sentence is my experience of him, too. He had several incarnations here, and IMHO gradually got much better. And he was kind to me, on one or two occasions. I'd like him to come back.

Actually, he briefly surfaced, within the last couple of weeks, IIRC, about the Syrian situation. (I think it was in Purg.) He said he'd love to come back, if he didn't have so much on his plate already.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know what the male equivalent of "chick" would be. "No prophet" perhaps?

I do know that "girlie man" is intentionally insulting to women, implying as it does that being like a woman is shameful for a man. N.P. surely knew that, making his use of it, um, ironic, perhaps? I dunno. The logic of his choice of that insult isn't immediately apparent.

Radical Whig was who I was thinking of. He wanted to turn the C of E into some kind of secular drinking club. Dave Marshall was of a different sort. He wanted to turn the C of E into something like the Theosophists. Bit of a crusader. Any thread was equally in danger of a sudden and inexplicable injection of his patented brand of mystical woo woo. Good times.

[ 05. January 2017, 23:32: Message edited by: mousethief ]

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

You may read this: Hey baby, street harassment, a good description of daily lived experiences. And yes I am fucking sensitive about such stupidity. For good fucking reason. If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem. The word "woman" comes to mind. Oh or is it locker room talk?

[ 06. January 2017, 00:29: Message edited by: no prophet's flag is set so... ]

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

orfeo

# 13878

And where does that article mention the word "chick"?

You seem to be confusing a rejection of your particular brand of perceived sexism with a general rejection of the sexism experienced by women. There isn't anything in that article I disagree with. But unless I've missed it, it provides no support for your assertion that "chick" is intended to demean.

[ 06. January 2017, 00:38: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, for God's sake. I'm quivering with outrage.

The opposite of "chick" is "dude". What, were you people raised by wolves?

I feel like swatting a couple heads with a surfboard.

[ 06. January 2017, 00:40: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

Ah, DUDE. Of course. Sorry, that term doesn't get used over here. Bloke is the local version and I couldn't translate.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Ah, DUDE. Of course. Sorry, that term doesn't get used over here. Bloke is the local version and I couldn't translate.

Provincial

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016