homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » But, but, but! (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: But, but, but!
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Make hay while the sun shines but don't forget your antihistamines.

I wonder where I wander

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Morlader
Shipmate
# 16040

- Posted      Profile for Morlader         Edit/delete post 
I wonder where I wander but my satnav knows where I am (wish I'd remembered to bring it [Frown] )

Keep right on to the end of the road.

--------------------
.. to utmost west.

Posts: 858 | From: Not England | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Keep right on to the end of the roadbut ring the AA first to make sure it hasn't fallen into the sea.

There's no fool like an old fool

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

- Posted      Profile for WhateverTheySay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There's no fool like an old fool, but the young fools want to fight for equality.

Stay calm and breathe deeply

--------------------
I'm not lost, I just don't know where I am going

Posts: 872 | From: Lost in Space, without a map | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Unless you are under water.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

- Posted      Profile for WhateverTheySay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but an orange a day sends him running.

Take your clothes off before showering

--------------------

Posts: 872 | From: Lost in Space, without a map | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Take your clothes off before showering, unless you don't wear any, in which case try to put some on for visiting time.

Do not attempt to use this appliance underwater

(genuine instruction with a new hairdryer)

--------------------
How do you know when a politician is lying?
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Do not attempt to use this appliance [a hairdryer] underwater, unless you really, really hate your grandmother, and you are absolutely certain that nobody at the Met watches old Bond films.

Always go the shortest way to work

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

Always go the shortest way to work, unless you want to be late.

Keep your germs off of me

--------------------

Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Keep your germs off of me, unless they have chocolate.

Many a mickle makes a muckle

--------------------
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Unless you are referring to chocolate, which gets eaten waaaaay before it turns into a large amount.

Always look on the bright side of life

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Always look on the bright side of life, unless the light at the end of the tunnel is that of an oncoming train.

Let not the sun go down on your wrath

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

- Posted      Profile for EtymologicalEvangelical   Email EtymologicalEvangelical   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Let not the sun go down on your wrath, but not if you're a cleaner on the evening shift on a Saturday night in late December in an Accident and Emergency department.

Don't put a plastic bag over your head.

--------------------
You can argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome': but you neither can nor need argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome, but I'm not saying this is true'. CS Lewis

Posts: 3625 | From: South Coast of England | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

....unless you are having your highlights retouched.

Never count your chickens before they're hatched

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

...unless you're planning an omelette

Now blessed be these sons of York

--------------------

WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

Now blessed be these sons of York, unless they actually aren't from York.

Don't drop litter

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
... unless you're laying a paper-chase.

Don't call a police(wo)man a pleb

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

- Posted      Profile for EtymologicalEvangelical   Email EtymologicalEvangelical   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
... unless you make it very clear that you are using an acronym of respect: "You are a PLEB: a Proficient Law Enforcing Bobby, and I honour you..."

Don't talk with your mouth full

--------------------
You can argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome': but you neither can nor need argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome, but I'm not saying this is true'. CS Lewis

Posts: 3625 | From: South Coast of England | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

...unless you really hate the person opposite.

Neither a borrower nor a lender be

--------------------
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

But then what wouldMary Norton write about?

Bow to your partner

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
But time it so you don't knock heads with them as they bow to you. (Ouch!)

Rinse your dishes before placing them in the dishwasher.

[ 30. September 2012, 00:36: Message edited by: churchgeek ]

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

...but not so well that someone thinks it's been run.

Throw spilled salt over your left shoulder...

--------------------
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

Throw spilled salt over your left shoulder, unless injury to your right arm makes this impossible.

Nothing is impossible

--------------------

Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

Nothing is impossible, but so much is unbelievable.

Smile and the world smiles with you...

--------------------
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Smile and the world smiles with you, but eat onions, beans, and Limburger cheese and the world will give you your space.

Wait til your father gets home...

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

Wait til your father gets home, unless your father is evil and you have to get out before he returns.

Look me in the eye

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Look me in the eye, and tell me my back zip is undone.

never tickle a snake under the chin

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

unless he's one of these snakes [Smile]

Clunk, click, every trip

--------------------

TomOfTarsus
Shipmate
# 3053

- Posted      Profile for TomOfTarsus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Clunk, click, every trip, but I've never seen an oil drip!

No good deed goes unpunished

--------------------
By grace are ye saved through faith... not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath ... ordained that we should walk in them.

Posts: 1570 | From: Pittsburgh, PA USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

No good deed goes unpunished, but a bad one can be so much fun.

From acorns, great trees will grow...

--------------------
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

From acorns, great trees will grow, but not if some genetic engineer freak has messed about with the acorn.

A courtyard common to all will be swept by none.*

* A Chinese proverb apparently.

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

But if you pay your (very expensive) yearly maintenance fee, someone can be persuaded to sweep it for you all.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Don't put all your eggs in one basket, but if you do it's less likely to be a disaster if you don't break and scramble them first.

The children are the future

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Unless they're in Hull. In which case, they really weren't looking forward to theirs anyhow.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016