homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » OK, 'o's gooin' Greenbelt? (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: OK, 'o's gooin' Greenbelt?
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wrist bands have arrived.
B&B booked.
New 4wd car bought [Cool] but we wouldn't want to get it muddy!

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
goperryrevs
Shipmtae
# 13504

- Posted      Profile for goperryrevs   Author's homepage   Email goperryrevs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alright, I've booked tickets for me and my daughter. So, is there any official Shipmeet going to happen? How do these things usually work?

--------------------
"Keep your eye on the donut, not on the hole." - David Lynch

Posts: 2098 | From: Midlands | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The usual thing is Saturday afternoon, around the tiny tea tent.

Which, TBH, is where I will probably just spend my time anyway.

It is hard to know what time until the programme is available, but 3 or 4 would be normal.

Incidentally, I will be wearing my "Wanted Schroedingers Cat alive or dead" t-shirt on the Saturday, and a labyrinth one on the Sunday, if anyone sees me wandering about.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hatless:
I'll be there. I have no idea about the programme, though.

I prefer to remain ignorant of the programme until I get to the festival. I still like to get to site, buy programme then sit with my first coffee and plan my weekend. Although my planning rarely goes beyond the next thing, meaning that I usually end up somewhere interesting.

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

argh... double post.
I am assuming that there might be some kind of Ken memorial meet in the Jesus Arms at some point. Because I will be missing him there, as well as many others.

--------------------

iamchristianhearmeroar
Shipmate
# 15483

- Posted      Profile for iamchristianhearmeroar   Author's homepage   Email iamchristianhearmeroar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I keep meaning to make it along to a shipmeet at GB, but with the little roarer in tow it always makes things more difficult!

Also, just heard from the various facebook groups that Blessed aren't on the worship programme this year. Sad times. [Frown]

--------------------
My blog: http://alastairnewman.wordpress.com/

Posts: 642 | From: London, UK | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged
busyknitter
Shipmate
# 2501

- Posted      Profile for busyknitter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by geroff:
argh... double post.
I am assuming that there might be some kind of Ken memorial meet in the Jesus Arms at some point. Because I will be missing him there, as well as many others.

There certainly shall be some kind of ken memorial meet, even if it's only me raising a glass at Beer and Hymns. Hopefully something more populous than that though.

I'm excited and nervous about this year's GB in equal measure, for a whole host of reasons:

-Greenbelt has been mine and ken's fixed point for meeting up each year for quite some time now. So I'm going to find his not being there rather hard I think.

-But on the plus side, we are coming as almost a whole nuclear family! My husband and 12 year old son (the autistic one) will be there this year (the 20-year old has politely declined). I'm sure it will be a blast, but husband isn't a Christian and isn't sure he's going to like GB at all and son is severely autistic - so it's going to be interesting whatever....

-We are borrowing a friend's trailer tent to camp in, so there will be all the towing and unfolding of awnings to deal with.

Posts: 903 | From: The Wool Basket | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
oh good! We'd like to come to the memorial, we'd like to have come to the London one if we possibly could
Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
scuffleball
Shipmate
# 16480

- Posted      Profile for scuffleball   Email scuffleball   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
argh... double post.

yes yes yes this

(Assuming it still exits)

--------------------
SPK: I also plan to create ... a Calvinist Ordinariate
ken: I thought it was called Taize?

iamchristianhearmeroar
Shipmate
# 15483

- Posted      Profile for iamchristianhearmeroar   Author's homepage   Email iamchristianhearmeroar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All signs point to the Jesus Arms being there at the back of the field where mainstage is; so you can have your pint and listen!

--------------------

Jay-Emm
Shipmate
# 11411

- Posted      Profile for Jay-Emm     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iamchristianhearmeroar:
All signs point to the Jesus Arms being there at the back of the field where mainstage is; so you can have your pint and listen!

Just seen the map.

Looks like the sites the most convenient way for Schrodingers cat as it can be. I don't think it's nice to get there without transport though (there's a good path half way there then it vanishes, and the road has no pavement)

Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So, who's sorting out what they're taking? Being a volunteer and having access to the free hot drinks in the volunteer lounge, I'm taking a travel mug (I'm weird and can drink tea and coffee cold quite happily, so not splashing out on a thermal one). Taking the Greenbelt-tastic Zimbabwean tie-dye bag I bought last year as it proved so handy as a general handbag last year. Considering using a big rucksack instead of a suitcase - where's the cheapest if my parents don't have one I can borrow? Tiger has a 40l rucksack (with waist/chest straps) for £15, is this a good deal? Clothes will be jersey dresses/leggings etc so should roll up quite small.

I know I'm taking this travel set, and also a bunch of arts/crafts stuff for the Haven. A pair of flip-flops set aside for the showers. Antibac hand gel. Also glow sticks and glow in the dark nail polish (with nail polish remover pads) [Big Grin]

What's everyone else's Greenbelt essentials?

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Greenbelt essentials? Well, we are currently still needing to confirm whether we can borrow a tent, sleeping bags and airbed... I would pretty much consider them to be essentials!
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lots of cash. I nearly ran out last year. It seems to get more expensive each year.

As I am not camping (wimp) I just need clothes really. I might take a travel mug for drinks actually - it is a good idea, that I can top up, rather than burning my fingers.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lucia:
Greenbelt essentials? Well, we are currently still needing to confirm whether we can borrow a tent, sleeping bags and airbed... I would pretty much consider them to be essentials!

Oh a tent and a sleeping bag is a given, though I'm not taking an airbed and just taking a camping roll - I like a firm bed and airbeds are too soft IME. I can happily sleep on the ground.

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
Lots of cash. I nearly ran out last year. It seems to get more expensive each year.

As I am not camping (wimp) I just need clothes really. I might take a travel mug for drinks actually - it is a good idea, that I can top up, rather than burning my fingers.

I guess it depends what you buy. Last year the only thing I bought that wasn't food was my bag (not expensive) and cider (expensive). I'm planning on taking plenty of non-perishable snacks, and those plus my food vouchers should mean that I won't have to spend nearly as much on food this year - and can keep money aside for cider and ice cream [Big Grin]

Also will take my kindle (and keep it on me at all times) - fully charged and used only for reading, the battery lasts ages.

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm a complete newbie to any kind of festival. Owning no camping equipment, I'm staying at the nearby Holiday Inn Express and will be walking to and from the site daily (I've heard rumours of a shuttle bus but I won't pin my hopes on it, my own two legs remain the most reliable form of transport I know). I've got the local OS Map for the area.

I was planning on taking gaitors, it case it gets muddy, a backpack with a bottle of drink and some snacks (fruit, crisps, scotch eggs) and plenty of cash (a couple of hundred quid for the weekend). Have I missed anything obvious?

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheAlethiophile:

I was planning on taking gaitors, it case it gets muddy,

I just read that as 'taking guitars in case it gets muddy' and was wondering how it would help. Perhaps to strap them onto your feet to allow you to walk across the mud a bit like snow shoes...

Think I'd better go get some sleep before my brain makes any more interesting alterations to what I am reading! [Hot and Hormonal]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

quote:
I'm a complete newbie to any kind of festival. Owning no camping equipment, I'm staying at the nearby Holiday Inn Express and will be walking to and from the site daily (I've heard rumours of a shuttle bus but I won't pin my hopes on it, my own two legs remain the most reliable form of transport I know). I've got the local OS Map for the area.

I was planning on taking gaitors, it case it gets muddy, a backpack with a bottle of drink and some snacks (fruit, crisps, scotch eggs) and plenty of cash (a couple of hundred quid for the weekend). Have I missed anything obvious?

Where are you going to store scotch eggs? I take non-perishable stuff (though I am camping) - apples, crisps, cereal bars, those little jelly/fruit in juice pots that come with their own sporks/spoons, dried fruit and nuts.

A couple of hundred quid sounds like plenty of money to me, if it's just you - I highly recommend the Barn Bacon and Tibetan Kitchen food vans by the way!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lucia:
quote:

I just read that as 'taking guitars in case it gets muddy' and was wondering how it would help. Perhaps to strap them onto your feet to allow you to walk across the mud a bit like snow shoes...

Think I'd better go get some sleep before my brain makes any more interesting alterations to what I am reading! [Hot and Hormonal]

Guitars probably easier to take than 'gators!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
iamchristianhearmeroar
Shipmate
# 15483

So...Greenbelt's daily diary (not printable) is now available for download here. Gives a full layout of the new site and everything.

MartinPC, in answer to your initial questions, Brian McLaren is speaking at 1930 at The Glade Stage (mainstage) on Friday on "The Bible 3.0"; at 1430 at The Glade Stage on Saturday on "What Will Religion Become"; and at 1000 at The Glade Stage on Monday on "The Problem(s) With Worship".

Enjoy!

--------------------

busyknitter
Shipmate
# 2501

- Posted      Profile for busyknitter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iamchristianhearmeroar:
So...Greenbelt's daily diary (not printable) is now available for download here. Gives a full layout of the new site and everything.

MartinPC, in answer to your initial questions, Brian McLaren is speaking at 1930 at The Glade Stage (mainstage) on Friday on "The Bible 3.0"; at 1430 at The Glade Stage on Saturday on "What Will Religion Become"; and at 1000 at The Glade Stage on Monday on "The Problem(s) With Worship".

Enjoy!

I'm not seeing Beer and Hymns anywhere on the schedule
[Confused]

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lucia's reply certainly deserves a place in the Musical Jokes thread. [Yipee]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

quote:
Have I missed anything obvious?

An open mind and a torch.

The shuttle buses are usually very good but it is from Kettering Station - is that near the Holiday Inn Express?
Also you may well find other Greenbelters are staying there and you might be able to get a lift. We are generally a friendly bunch.

--------------------

geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

A bit of advice - be careful Google Maps gives you directions to Boughton, Kettering - which is to the south of Kettering and is not Boughton House.

--------------------

recklessrat
Shipmate
# 17243

- Posted      Profile for recklessrat     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jade Constable:
Also glow sticks and glow in the dark nail polish (with nail polish remover pads) [Big Grin]

I am liking the glow in the dark nail polish! I am thinking of blue nails myself. Nappies and baby wipes x 1000 will also be on my essentials list...maybe nappy bags too. And cereal bars. Maybe the coco pops ones!
Posts: 80 | From: The Shires | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

It has just been announced that the Hot House is back at Greenbelt - See Here
This is so welcome as it was my introduction to the kind of stuff that lives here at the Ship.

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Have I missed anything obvious?

An open mind and a torch.

The shuttle buses are usually very good but it is from Kettering Station - is that near the Holiday Inn Express?
Also you may well find other Greenbelters are staying there and you might be able to get a lift. We are generally a friendly bunch.

A torch is a very good idea. Having lived in London for the last year, I'd almost forgotten that nights are dark. I sort of know (via Twitter) a few folks staying at the same hotel, but I don't rely on the kindness of others.

Of course, an open mind goes without saying. After all, it's Greenbelt, not Contagious. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
iamchristianhearmeroar
Shipmate
# 15483

We're taking a friend of ours (who's camping with us) to Greenbelt on the Friday. She's looking for a lift back to London (Crystal Palace) on Monday as we're not going back until Tuesday.

Is anyone heading back vaguely in the right direction on Monday and do you possibly have a space?

--------------------

geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

The shuttle bus timetable has appeared on the Greenbelt website - Here.

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

I have downloaded the app - I had to load it onto my old phone, which will therefore have to be my planner ( my new one is android compatible, but not android ).

And I seem to have a busy schedule.

Please do say hello if you think you see me.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Jay-Emm
Shipmate
# 11411

- Posted      Profile for Jay-Emm     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I'm a complete newbie to any kind of festival. Owning no camping equipment, I'm staying at the nearby Holiday Inn Express and will be walking to and from the site daily (I've heard rumours of a shuttle bus but I won't pin my hopes on it, my own two legs remain the most reliable form of transport I know).obvious?

Doesn't look like it will be easy.

The roads not atrocious atrocious (it's recently been bypassed) but there is no pavement.

The little rectangular region is a quarry and I can't find a way under it. I went a little bit into the field where there might have been a path and it ends in a stream with no fords.

There's a path above which might be doable (I missed it when I went exploring so don't know what it's like).

Failing that there's going into and out of Kettering (and that adds a mile to the route)

Hopefully they can suggest something at the inn

county map

geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

The entrance to Greenbelt is actually between Grafton Underwood and Warkton - possibly accessible from Warkton village. It is not at the public entrance to the house - you should visit the Greenbelt website for more info as they usually don't take kindly to people who climb over the fence.

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Just had a look on Google streetview. This is going to be fun, in the dark, on foot.

Got myself a dynamo torch last week. Looks like I'll need it. Might also get a high visibility jacket.

--------------------

Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

So when are Shippies meeting? I'm not sure of my Saturday/Sunday/Monday rotas yet, but I'm volunteering with Access and Friday is by far our busiest time, helping people set up in disabled camping. Will pop by and say hello if free!

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

Could I suggest that we plan to meet Saturday afternoon at the Tiny Tea Tent - and make it an all-afternoon event, so people can come and go as they want and need.

If someone could make and bring a "Shipmeet" flag, and stick it in the ground or on a table, it would serve as a location to gather around - and even if everyone else left, a new shippie could sit there and greet others.

I just suspect that there will be an unusual amount of chaos this year, and I think the programme is fuller than usual (it seems to start earlier and finish later), so I suspect that a single time for all will prove difficult.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bugger, bugger, bugger. Next year Jerusalem?

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

- Posted      Profile for Chocoholic     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I did hover around the TTT for a bit but couldn't see anything ship related!
Posts: 773 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
busyknitter
Shipmate
# 2501

Likewise, though it was lovely running into frin yesterday evening.

Other than the glaring ken-shaped hole in the proceedings, the knitting family had a lovely weekend. First time GBer husband enjoyed himself more than he expected and our son loved the whole experience.

Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

Sorry to have missed everyone - Access team were very busy dealing with getting people onsite - but I did have tea with Carys with the Franciscans and some other religious.

--------------------

Jay-Emm
Shipmate
# 11411

Ditto, sorry to have missed you all (except Geroff). Did also pop along to the TTT but didn't see anything obvious.

Last day was a bit wet, they seem to have coped reasonably well, and could get around easily at most points. But I hope there is some magic trick they can learn. They did have a good amount of white road, so I'm grateful for that.

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Never found the tiny tea tent. Spent half the weekend mostly going between the pagoda, treehouse, big top and table. The other half was spent limping to and from the hotel since no one thought the shuttle bus should go to where people were actually staying.

--------------------

geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

quote:
The other half was spent limping to and from the hotel since no one thought the shuttle bus should go to where people were actually staying.

Yes but how would they know where everyone is staying?

--------------------

recklessrat
Shipmate
# 17243

- Posted      Profile for recklessrat     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shame not to meet you all. The weekend was manic for us, but did manage to see a few things with Ratlet so that was good. She did get upset during Outerspace Eucharist though, so had to make a quick escape! I fell twice over the weekend - once on the white road, which seemed to get more wobbly over the weekend, and once at the hotel. So am feeling very sore today! Also, Ratlet and I both have colds [Frown] I will defo be returing next year though!
Posts: 80 | From: The Shires | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

- Posted      Profile for Chocoholic     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So, what was everyone's favourite bit?

I thought Nadia Bolz Weber and Mpho Tutu were great, really enjoyed the Hobbit, went to a thing on palm oil expecting just to hear how bad it was but they were talking about a new sustainable source and some products with it in (including the detergent we got in our festival guide bags). Great catching up with friends, as well as chatting to people over food and drinks.

I'm not a great camper and did find Friday night very cold, and yesterday very wet, plus I really did miss the proper loos and hot running water of Cheltenham, but it was a gorgeous site. I think they know there were a few problems, and realistically think that's always going to be the case at a new site, but they'll hopefully be able to address them for next year.

goperryrevs
Shipmtae
# 13504

- Posted      Profile for goperryrevs   Author's homepage   Email goperryrevs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay-Emm:
Did also pop along to the TTT but didn't see anything obvious.

Me too. I guess we were all just standing there looking awkward trying oblivious of each other. Never mind!

--------------------
"Keep your eye on the donut, not on the hole." - David Lynch

Posts: 2098 | From: Midlands | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

And trying to spot a Shrodingers Cat T shirt without looking too odd staring at people!
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

I was wearing it! There was, oddly, another schroedingers cat t-shirt there on the same day.

I am convinced that I say everyone I know online at some point. Its just that, in many cases, we didn't recognise each other. Oh well.

I do think it would be good to think early about how we might meet next year, now that we know how the site looks - I presume most of the village will be similar next year. The Tiny tea tent was on the way in just to the left - which was a superb place for it, as I arrive to chill, and to listen in to the Glade stage.

Overall - there were all sorts of niggles, and problems, mainly with the transport and camping site, but everyone I spoke to felt that the village itself was brilliant, and really worked.

Highlights: Brian McLaren and Nadia Bolz-Webber on Monday were excellent. Music - Lau were awesome, and Sinead was mind-blowingly good.

A really good time, overall. I think the site coped remarkably well in the rain. I mean, it was a quagmire today, but not as bad as Cheltenham was two years ago.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I also turned up at the TTT with my family, from about 2.30-3, but I don't know anyone so it was hard for me to locate a shipmeet! I did see Edward Green (who I know off ship) to chat to on my arrival (my husband managed to walk straight past him though, possibly due to the rather groovy glasses Eddie was wearing).
I loved the 'Rime of the ancient mariner' acrobatic performance and the very touching Half Moon Theatre production we saw about the 1950s deportation of care home children to Australia. I always love seeing theatre at Greenbelt, the themes are some different and moving.
I'm afraid I had a bit of meltdown this morning as my mental health means I react very badly to uncertainty. I had been apprehensive about the packing arrangements all weekend, and we packed up from the furthest field and went to our pick up point today only to be told there was no trailers for our luggage due to the mud (some deserted camping gear in our field, an older lady and her friend left her tent and roll up mattresses rather than carry them). But the staff eventually managed to get a couple of trailers down to us and the organiser (a trustee) was lovely, especially towards this rather emotional middle aged woman; she made sure that we knew what was going on and that my eldest knew where we were heading to rejoin my husband and the luggage. I must look her up and thank her.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So it seems there were many Shippies there that I didn't get to meet...!

I did keep spotting Schroedinger's Cat in my venue but by the time I had finished making announcements and whatnot (I was compering The Table) he had always left.

Had a brilliant time. Beautiful site.

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016