homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » - Removing One Letter (Page 10)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11 

Source: (consider it) Thread: - Removing One Letter
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lord of the Ings: a v. large bank that uses jewelry as an investment.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hat lies Beneath

A vicar mislays his hat after a burial service.

(Courtesy of that brilliant Only Fools and Horses episode)

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now, Forger

Couple finds a bag of counterfeit money in the woods, and tries to spend it in the restaurants of New York.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
IR bot

And automated tax inspector proves that the humans ones do have emotions after all.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anger Mouse Saves The World Again!

How our Mousie got mad and blew off his cute little red hat when he saved the world. Again!

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Miracle on 4th Street

A kindly old man is taken to court to prove that he is indeed a resident of New York's Greenwich Village.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nah

Before inflicting the Flood on the world, God instructed one man to build an Ark to save one pair of each animal, but he couldn't be bothered.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The E and the I

Thriller about the intricacies of sexual performance and English spelling. Did E come before I? Only C knows.

--------------------

Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's No Business Like Sow Business

Yup. It's Miss Piggy! Need I say more?

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Snake Pi

Exposé of conditions in a mental hospital where patients are punished by being forced to calculate the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dud "Where's my Donkey"

A far, far truer title for the film.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

The Futre

French version of Meet the Fockers (subtitles).

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Met the Fockers

Georges desperate attempt to forget the worst film he has ever seen.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My Old Lad
Should give Maggie Smith & Kristin Scott-Thomas some real acting to do...

Magi in the Moonlight
Just in case the star doesn't provide sufficient illumination

--------------------

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Pal Rider

A mysterious gun-toting preacher rides into town to foster friendships between local gold prospectors and a corrupt marshal and his deputies.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Green Zoe

Zoe, envious of her army comrades who get to go to headquarters in Baghdad while she sits in a sand pit in Mosul, takes it out on the cooks. Their retaliation ensures she really turns green.

--------------------

Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

My Fair Lay

This is a chicken v. egg mystery thriller. Professor Higgins the hen claimed that she was the first hen who came before the egg. But is it true? Watch to find out!

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

The Hurt Locke

A crack team of philosophers and economists is assembled to debunk the social contract theory.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Puss in Bots

Is an army of evil robots taking over the earth? Or are they sophisticated battle tanks being driven by cats?

--------------------

SvitlanaV2
Shipmate
# 16967

- Posted      Profile for SvitlanaV2   Email SvitlanaV2   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Parent Rap

A group of middle class suburban parents are tricked into agreeing to writing a rap and performing it in public for charity. Will their children ever forgive them?

Posts: 6668 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(You thought I'd given up, didn't you?)

The Magi Roundabout
Hilarity abounds at a fundamentalist Bible-based theme park.

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

The Princess and the Fog

Young Princess Tiana makes a rash promise to an elemental weather spirit when her pony disappears into the mist.

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Coming in 2015...)

Dad's Arm
Two incredibly competitive siblings seek to be the first one to find their father's prosthetic limb, which has been left on the underground.

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Beauty and the Beat

Belle gets on down.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
SvitlanaV2
Shipmate
# 16967

- Posted      Profile for SvitlanaV2   Email SvitlanaV2   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He-Witches

A transvestite coven meets quarterly to share the problems and challenges of men who occasionally like to dress and act like (female) witches.

SvitlanaV2
Shipmate
# 16967

Postman at the Movie

Intertextual art house film about a postman at the cinema; we see the film he's watching, and are led through his inner conflicts, his stream of consciousness thoughts, his interactions with his companion, staff and other filmgoers, etc.

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Rebel Without a Case

A troubled young attorney bemoans the fact that his firm, run by ineffectual older lawyers, isn't attracting clients.

--------------------

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bak to the future

Doc Brown invents a time machine which is able to create a backup file, so when he and his friend Marty change history and erase their own existence, they think they can simply undo the problem. Unfortunately, enemy Biff gets hold of the time machine and takes the bak to the future - a future in which there is no Marty or Doc or time machine or backup file. Can Marty and Doc get back to a time when the bak existed in order to get the bak back and get everything back to how it was?

--------------------
plug plug

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Skin on Ski

The dangers of skiing naked are made manifest in this 2005 documentary.

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

The Philadelphia Tory
While all around her were happy to be proud citizens of the greatest nation on earth, Tracy Lord yearned for the politics of the old country...

The Best Ears of our Lives
Harrowing tale of the debilitating effect of prolonged exposure to artillery and small arms fire.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Before the Devil Knows You're Dad

Supernatural thriller that drives home the importance of infant baptism.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Despicable E

A criminal mastermind uses a trio of orphan girls to prove that the most despised letter in the whole alphabet isn't so bad after all.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Shut Up and Sin

The Dixie Chicks learn that their conservative fans would rather that they break all 10 commandments than criticize Dubya.

--------------------

SvitlanaV2
Shipmate
# 16967

A French one:

La Gloire de mon ère

(The Glory of My Era)

Cheerful coming of age story about the 1980s.

Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

Much Ad About Nothing

Thoughtful docu-commentary film on the modern commercial and media driven society.

SvitlanaV2
Shipmate
# 16967

Failure to Lunch

A group of wealthy housewives decide to go on a dramatic diet. Their tummies protest and chaos ensues.

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

The Hart is a Lonely Hunter

A deer who understands English (but cannot speak) is driven to suicide when visitors to the zoo begin to tell it all their troubles.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Hairpray

Teenage girl learns about racism in the churches of Baltimore when she goes to ask God for new hair whilst undergoing cancer treatment.

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A Lonely Lace To Die

On her deathbed, the last remaining member of a sewing circle ponders her losses.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Arsenic and Old Lac

A pair of dotty spinsters take to poisoning lonely old men by feeding them the resinous secretions of insects.

--------------------

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

The Deehunter

Special forces soldier is held captive in Vietnam war while searching for d's.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Or searching for rivers near Aberdeen or Chester).

A Ma for All Seasons. A mother shows her unfailing love come wind, come weather.

[ 02. December 2014, 17:13: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Argo

Jason and his gang get involved in a string of homicides (no fleecing).

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

A BG's Life

Maurice Gibb's tell-all memoir hits the big screen

--------------------

Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

The Quiet America

Horror: Recounting the day the music died. No Jazz, no soul, no blue grass ....

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

Water-sipdown

Taken from a government advice leaflet on recovery from rabbit-flu.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

The Agon and the Ecstasy

A ballet troupe discovers that a certain work by Stravinsky is more easily danced while on a certain fashionable drug.

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

Brie Encounter
How cheese can change your outlook on life...

Tor! Tor! Tor!
The shock of granite outcrops cannot be understated

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Poltergist

Readers Digest short remake of classic tale of how a family is rid of pesky spirits by a pint-sized psychic who utters the memorable line, "This house is lean."

--------------------

SvitlanaV2
Shipmate
# 16967

Dumb and Umber

Un-PC comedy in which an arrogant young WASP turns a deep shade of orange every time he says something stupid. Racial confusion hilariously occurs. Not a film for the easily offended.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016