homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: The Ungorgiveable Sin (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: The Ungorgiveable Sin
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Unforgivable sin? Dirtbags who throw MacDonald's trash, cigarette butts, beer cans, wine bottles, snot rags, Tampax, paper cups, used syringes, used condoms and all manner of stinking detritus, out their car windows. These cretinous subhumans should be buried alive in their own rotting shit and offered the tube from a used enema bag as a breathing device. (so I can piss down it)

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Erin:
Not that I want to get in the way of RooK's beating the snot out of people, but even if I put the lid on the seat down, someone else has already flushed the toilet and spread their disgusting toilet germs all over the place.

I hate it when that happens.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You can always keep that germy mist confined to the bowl by not flushing it.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know that's what you do, Gort. At our house, we put the lid down BEFORE flushing.

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Ah! Then you must have one of those new hermetically sealed toilet seats with the stainless hold-down clamps. I'm stuck with the old style with the wide gap between the lid, seat and bowl. <sigh>

--------------------

ozowen
Shipmate
# 8935

- Posted      Profile for ozowen   Author's homepage   Email ozowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quoth Gort (just before he used his laser eye thing to cause wholesale destruction)
quote:
Unforgivable sin? Dirtbags who throw MacDonald's trash, cigarette butts, beer cans, wine bottles, snot rags, Tampax, paper cups, used syringes, used condoms and all manner of stinking detritus, out their car windows. These cretinous subhumans should be buried alive in their own rotting shit and offered the tube from a used enema bag as a breathing device. (so I can piss down it)
Ummmm
That's a clear picture
I'm glad I live in the country.

I think a used colostomy thingo would work as well!

--------------------
Without stupid people we would have no one to laugh at, so take time to thank a creationist for their contribution.

Posts: 2933 | From: The Never Never, Australia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CuppaT:
#1 Clothes all over the floor.

It sort of makes me wonder if you're retarded. There's usually only one sort of person whose clothes-on-floor quotient you're likely to know - close friends and relatives. Which means that your Number One Unforgivable Sin is restricted in practical application primarily to only your kith and kin.

Enjoy your rest home, when the time comes.

quote:
#2 Doctors and nurses who call me Mom.
Well, so much for your kids ever entering the medical field, I suppose.

Puns aside, do you really have troubles with medical professionals calling you "mom"? The only circumstance that I can readily imagine it happening is if the medical person is including your child in the conversation, in which case it seems like a reasonable title to use.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

quote:
Originally posted by ozowen:
... I'm glad I live in the country.

Presumably where it's socially acceptable to drop your shit whenever impulse dictates with the assumption that others will wipe your arse.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
quote:
Originally posted by ozowen:
... I'm glad I live in the country.

Presumably where it's socially acceptable to drop your shit whenever impulse dictates with the assumption that others will wipe your arse.
Huh? Gort, step away from the gin.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
RooK, Marvin, and Sarky - I really want to know what you three would consider unforgivable sins and what irritates the living shit out of you.

Something tells me the answer involves people whining about a lot of random shit and calling it a thread. [Snigger]

Although I must say that this thread certainly has gotten worlds more entertaining. You never know what you're going to find after a two-hour nap.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

quote:
Originally posted by MouseThief:
Huh? Gort, step away from the gin.

Not until you tell me all about your hermetically sealed toilet seat. You know? The one that doesn't let any stinking, germy vapors out to waft with deadly efficiency about your reading room.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

It's all in relative air pressures.

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Finally, evidence that you're a bloated gasbag.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

You've clearly not been paying attention.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Big Grin] (Nice one, MT)

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
RooK, Marvin, and Sarky - I really want to know what you three would consider unforgivable sins and what irritates the living shit out of you.

Something tells me the answer involves people whining about a lot of random shit and calling it a thread. [Snigger]
oh golly I hope so! [Biased]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

[Big Grin] (Nice one, Kelly) Glad you can pull yourself away from the naps and TV.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

(coughs a variety of exotic virii all over the monitor)

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What the fuck is all this whinging about toilet bugs? The only way we'll beat the revenge of the micro-organisms is to lick the bastards off the seat - in up or down position or in-between. Or at least to fondle the seat before preparing dinner.

[ 11. December 2006, 08:40: Message edited by: Zappa ]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
daronmedway
Shipmate
# 3012

- Posted      Profile for daronmedway     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not putting the milk back in the fridge.

Wet worktops.

Leaving cultery 'sandwiched' between stacked crockery.

Posts: 6976 | From: Southampton | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Y'know, I always thought the idea of only having one unforgivable sin was stupid - you won't catch enough people that way. Far better to have several unforgivable sins, and change them randomly. I also modify whether they're unforgivable according to who it is who's committing them [Big Grin]

Current unforgivables include:
  • Walking slowly down the pavement and veering from side to side.
  • Whining.
  • Being an asswipe*.
  • Drinking tea.

Offenders will be hunted down and have their skin rubbed off using wire wool. Then I'll set free my specially trained mice, who will gnaw through their chests and allow me to dig out their still beating hearts with a pair of chopsticks.

Whilst the mice are gnawing, I'll be using the bones in the offenders' bodies to conduct stress tests looking how much weight can a bone take before it snaps, and whether surface area of the weight makes a difference (it's all part of my doctoral thesis).

Anyone here who has recently committed an unforgivable?

Sarkycow

*This never makes it off the list. Instead the conditions/attributes which make you an asswipe change. And no, I'm not telling you what they currently are, as that would spoil all my fun [Razz]

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Low Treason
Shipmate
# 11924

- Posted      Profile for Low Treason   Email Low Treason   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Putting empty containers back in the fridge/cupboard [Mad]

OK, I fully accept someone has to finish stuff, not just me, but when I want jam/milk/ketchup and confidently reach for the container I know is on the shelf only to find nothing but a smear inside [brick wall]

And recycling... OK I'm in favour in principle, blank sheets of paper, fine; but how many times do you have to recycle it? Once, good. But twice or three times? that is ridiculous
If I have to decipher the relevant info from a page of notes covering the last week just once more I will not be responsible for my actions.

Oh, and Junior! When you go out, just let someone know so we don't end up talking to ourselves like the idiots you think we are [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
He brought me to the banqueting house, and His banner over me was love.

Posts: 1914 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lillian:
To me, the proof that it's God's will for the toilet paper go away from the wall is this: back when printed TP was in fashion, the print was always on that side.

I arrange my top sheets on the same "top side up" principle. I have a friend who believes in placing them the other way so that the print (if there is one) shows when you fold the top of sheet down over the blanket. It seems so fussy and wrong to me that when I stay at her house I'm always tempted to correct it and then put it back her way (i.e., the wrong way) in the morning.

Oh Lillian, Lillian, how could a fellow West Virginian be so very wrong? Your friend is right about the top sheet. Why should only the back of the blanket enjoy the pretty print? Fittingly, the way I just know I'm right about this is similar to your (correct) TP theory. Back when print sheets were first coming into style, many of them just had print borders along the top -- meant to fold over the top edge of the blanket. They had to be placed face down in order to work as pictured and advertised. They were called "Turn-back sheets."

[Are you going to go see We Are Marshall? I can't wait, I had friends there.]

Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sarkycow:

Drinking tea.

Thank you. A week ago my otherwise perfect dinner party was almost ruined by the after dinner necessity to make tea as well as coffee for the tea drinking priss pots who had to have the whole kettle, teapot, loose leaf and strainer shebang. Loose leaves which clogged my tea pot and overflowed all over the counter.

Why on God's green earth do people want that pot of liquid tin can and all it's messy paraphernalia when a good cup of Columbian coffee is what He meant us all to drink! I'm sure it's in the Bible.

Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:
quote:

Drinking tea.

Thank you. A week ago my otherwise perfect dinner party was almost ruined by the after dinner necessity to make tea as well as coffee for the tea drinking priss pots who had to have the whole kettle, teapot, loose leaf and strainer shebang. Loose leaves which clogged my tea pot and overflowed all over the counter.

Why on God's green earth do people want that pot of liquid tin can and all it's messy paraphernalia when a good cup of Columbian coffee is what He meant us all to drink! I'm sure it's in the Bible.

Because drinking tea teaches you how to use apostrophes.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Getting bread, butter and jam out, making yourself a sandwich and then not putting aforementioned items back, just leaving them there for all eternity; this one is particularly good in high summer when the butter goes rancid by the time I get to rescue it.

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We're allowed to add more unforgivable sins?

Keeping people waiting when an appointment has been arranged has got to be way up there.

I am greater and hugely, very and terribly
hacked off by one person who has vowed to come and collect an item on a specific day....for the last four days.

Forgivable? Not on your life.

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Fixing something from a package or tin and leaving the empty packet or tin on the counter when done. Especially when it's only about a foot more to the right to the garbage recepticle. Sheesh.

--------------------

Arcadia
Shipmate
# 12096

- Posted      Profile for Arcadia   Email Arcadia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
People who damage your car/bike in a car park (by accident) and then don't leave their details.

Come to think of it, deliberately damaging your car/bike/property comes pretty high on the list.

--------------------
"Then said Christian to his fellow, Now do I see myself in error"

John Bunyan, The Pilgrim's Progress

Posts: 92 | From: Maidenhead, UK | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ethne Alba:

You're allowed to admit to foolish and petty reactionary thoughts you tend to have, to be used as grist for the insult mill.

po·TAY·to / po·TAH·to

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
quote:
Originally posted by Ethne Alba:

You're allowed to admit to foolish and petty reactionary thoughts you tend to have, to be used as grist for the insult mill.

po·TAY·to / po·TAH·to

Not planning to comment on Sarky's though? [Biased]

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
People who look down their sneery noses at you because your baby made an audible sound in church. That's right, 'cos Jesus said "Truly I say unto you, make sure you keep your baby absolutely silent at Mass. And have a good sneer at everyone else in the congregation while you're at it. I like sneering."
Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Otter
Shipmate
# 12020

- Posted      Profile for Otter   Author's homepage   Email Otter   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We've been living here for almost 8 years. I have not rearranged the contents of the cupboards since moving in. This pan, that colander, and the mixing bowl can be found (or put away) in the same places as last week.

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data", YMMV, limited-time offer, IANAL, no purchase required, and the state of CA has found this substance to cause cancer in laboratory aminals

Posts: 1429 | From: Chicago, IL 'burbs | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Man With No Name:
That's right, 'cos Jesus said "Truly I say unto you [...] have a good sneer at everyone else in the congregation while you're at it. I like sneering."

Finally, someone who's read their Bible!

In other news, today's new list of unforgivables includes:
  • Posts longer than 10 lines of text (line spaces between paragraphs don't count),
    and
  • Having no sense of humour.

And some other stuff as well, obviously.

Today's offenders will be ritually disembowelled, and their guts will be spray painted and used as Christmas decorations.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

quote:

• Posts longer than 10 lines of text (line spaces between paragraphs don't count),
    and

Today's offenders will be ritually disembowelled, and their guts will be spray painted and used as Christmas decorations.

Y'all can do what I did and make two posts averaging 10 lines each! I bet Sarky loves that.

Karl, I read my post twice and I see nothing wrong with my apostrophes.

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arcadia:
People who damage your car/bike in a car park (by accident) and then don't leave their details.

Come to think of it, deliberately damaging your car/bike/property comes pretty high on the list.

And then there's those who make a big show of leaving details ... but they're false. [Snigger]

Oh, and fitted frigin' sheets are a work of the devil. I would rather be disembowled by sarkycow than wrestle with a fitted sheet.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
AdamPater
Sacristan of the LavaLamp
# 4431

- Posted      Profile for AdamPater   Email AdamPater   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
That's right, 'cos Jesus said "Truly I say unto you [...] have a good sneer at everyone else in the congregation while you're at it. I like sneering."

and

As a matter of fact, that quote wasn't really in the Bible at all, as anyone with a pretense to any education should know.

And in an age of free electrons, not to say free radicals, what does a few more lines matter? (Or "do", if it comes to that?) Though if you don't drink tea, you might not get it when it comes to radicals.

Even so, does quoted text count in a post?

--------------------
Put not your trust in princes.

Posts: 4894 | From: On the left of the big pink bit. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Komensky
Shipmate
# 8675

- Posted      Profile for Komensky   Email Komensky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
People who enter (or leave) via my front gate and fail to close it behind them.

Hear, hear! I've been tempted to ring up one of those curry places and say 'I was going to order one of your currys but since your man couldn't be bothered to shut the gate – forget it!'.

1. People who think that doorways, the ends of escalators, ticket barriers, etc., are a good place to stop and think about what they are going to do next.

K.

--------------------
"The English are not very spiritual people, so they invented cricket to give them some idea of eternity." - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 1784 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
AdamPater
Sacristan of the LavaLamp
# 4431

- Posted      Profile for AdamPater   Email AdamPater   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AdamPater:
quote:
quote:

and

As a matter of fact, that quote wasn't really in the Bible at all, as anyone with a pretense to any education should know.

And in an age of free electrons, not to say free radicals, what does a few more lines matter? (Or "do", if it comes to that?) Though if you don't drink tea, you might not get it when it comes to radicals.

Even so, does quoted text count in a post?

And another thing, did you know that line counts can vary according to the size of your browser window? Not to say the font.

--------------------
Put not your trust in princes.

Posts: 4894 | From: On the left of the big pink bit. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Unforgivable sins include blatant misuse of Supermarket Etiquette™ which include:

1. Leaving your trolley at an aisle end, where it blocks people going past, while you go down the aisle without it.*
  2. Leaving one member of the party by the checkout, with the goods on the conveyor while you go back to the shelves for more goods.

*I'm probably (saying "prolly", there's another unforgivable sin) on someone elses list as if I find an abandones trolly I tend to either move it a couple of aisles away if it's blocking people's access to the aisle, or drop a few extra goods in there.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:

Karl, I read my post twice and I see nothing wrong with my apostrophes.

"and all it's messy paraphernalia"

Should be 'its'

[ 12. December 2006, 11:16: Message edited by: Karl: Liberal Backslider ]

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
Oh, and fitted frigin' sheets are a work of the devil. I would rather be disembowled by sarkycow than wrestle with a fitted sheet.

But the optimum outcome would be to get Sarkycow to wrestle with your fitted sheets. Probably.

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chesterbelloc

Tremendous trifler
# 3128

- Posted      Profile for Chesterbelloc   Email Chesterbelloc   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pronouncing the letter 'h' as 'haitch' rather than 'aitch'. That's just 'orrible.

--------------------
"[A] moral, intellectual, and social step below Mudfrog."

Posts: 4199 | From: Athens Borealis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

Being an asswipe is still unforgivable, AP. Looks like it's time for some ritual disembowelling [Big Grin]

Sarkycow

--------------------

Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

quote:
Originally posted by Komensky:
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
People who enter (or leave) via my front gate and fail to close it behind them.

Hear, hear! I've been tempted to ring up one of those curry places and say 'I was going to order one of your currys but since your man couldn't be bothered to shut the gate – forget it!'.

K.

You should have added, "And now I know how you get all the loose dogs you use in your curry!"

Karl: Oh.

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1) Those switches that turn lights, televisions, radios and hifi's on can also turn them off.

2) We have a dishwasher but it doesn't reach out and grab used cups, glasses, dishes, plates and cutlery from wherever you leave them. Not only that, when it finishes it does not put the stuff back in the cupboards.

Those are to my children. This is for my work colleagues.

3) Let me out of the lift before you charge in. Am I invisible or something. It will not go while you are pressing the call button. [Mad]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Black:
Getting bread, butter and jam out, making yourself a sandwich and then not putting aforementioned items back, just leaving them there for all eternity; this one is particularly good in high summer when the butter goes rancid by the time I get to rescue it.

You know I read that first as the butler going rancid? I'm sure it happens in Hampshire, if not hurricanes.

--------------------
How do you know when a politician is lying?
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our butler keeps himself very fresh, thank you. Except when he's filled his nappy. In case you were wondering I am of course talking about the Blacket, who will be 2 in a few weeks' time. Actually, he's more of my valet than my butler; helps me get dressed in the morning ("trousers on, Daddy, shirt on etc"; just as well I have him otherwise I'd go into work in my underpants [Eek!] ) as preparation for the time in about 50 years when he'll be my carer if he plays his cards wrong...

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Suze

Ship's Barmaid
# 5639

- Posted      Profile for Suze   Email Suze   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Balaam:
*I'm probably (saying "prolly", there's another unforgivable sin) on someone elses list as if I find an abandones trolly I tend to either move it a couple of aisles away if it's blocking people's access to the aisle, or drop a few extra goods in there.

[Killing me] I'm so going to try dropping some extra items in there and then watch the fun as they load them onto the checkout. Extra-strong ribbed Durex anyone...?

--------------------
' You stay here and I'll go look for God, that won't be hard cos I know where he's not, and I will bring him back with me , then he'll listen , then he'll see' Richard Shindell

Posts: 2603 | From: where the angels sleep | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Arcadia
Shipmate
# 12096

- Posted      Profile for Arcadia   Email Arcadia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Companies who cold-call me despite the fact that all of my phone numbers (landline and mobile) are registered with the phone preference service. It's illegal for them to do it, but what makes me fume with rage the most is that I still answer the call even if I can see it's a number that I don't recognise, just in case it's important.

--------------------
"Then said Christian to his fellow, Now do I see myself in error"

John Bunyan, The Pilgrim's Progress

Posts: 92 | From: Maidenhead, UK | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016