homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: Drinking rules in Hell, and other formalities (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: Drinking rules in Hell, and other formalities
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sometimes a good idea is just a good idea. And, since we all know how many shipmates browse the Ship while imbibing, comet's idea in Hell seemed like a pretty good idea.(1)

The proposed rules so far include:
  • everytime a newbie says they thought this was a christian website, take a drink!
  • every time they tell RooK that he doesn't scare them, take a drink!
  • Every time they claim this place is full of meanies with potty mouths, take a drink!
  • and if they flounce, drain the cup and refill!
  • Is accusing the H&A of being unfeeling bastards on power trips worth a drink, or "drain the cup"?
  • I'll also propose a "Drink, then find the nearest blunt object" for any of the phools who think they're being big and clever by adding "Oh, since we're in Hell: Fuck."

My own additions, which should probably apply to any board, are:
  • Whenever somebody uses the phrase "read for comprehension", drink!
  • Whenever somebody refutes anything with a single solitary and otherwise unsupported piece of supposed personal experience, drink!"
  • Whenever somebody uses an acronym that isn't found on the first page of any search engine, drink some GIN!(2)

Clearly, suitable rules could - should! - be proposed for the other boards (that I don't visit or care about).(3) Be fruitful and ferment.

(1) Keep in mind that drinking and posting rarely mix well, and are not officially advised. Unless you have a Designated Editor.

(2) Unless you're Hooker's Trick, in which case you should put down the gin and have a spacer.

(3) OK, the word "care" was redundant, obviously.

[ 11. September 2008, 11:47: Message edited by: Alan Cresswell ]

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Socratic-enigma
Shipmate
# 12074

- Posted      Profile for Socratic-enigma     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rook:
(1) Keep in mind that drinking and posting rarely mix well, and are not officially advised...

Wot:

'cause one may misinterpret the intent of a hostly admonition?

or

be too quick to take offence,

or

one may say something which one,...

quote:
...Unless you have a Designated Editor.
...upon reflection one might have considered altering?

Naaaaaaaaaah, couldn't happen:

Especially when it's 100F (110 in one's un-airconditioned apartment), and you're looking for a distraction.

Besides, I never remember anything I've said the following day (and I trust no one else does)

So, this is Heaven: Nice place - I must remember to drop by here again some time

in the next 12 months

or so

[Biased]

S-E

--------------------
"Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office than to serve and obey them."
David Hume

Posts: 817 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
  • every time someone who has a higher post count than 3000 says ‘this place ain’t what it used to be’, take a drink
  • every time someone says ‘preview post is your friend’, take a drink
  • every time comet mentions the word Alaska, take a drink
  • every time someone says something awed and sycophantic about Erin, finish whatever’s left in the bottle and take a diazepam

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Posts: 7574 | From: Natural Sources | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
El Greco
Shipmate
# 9313

- Posted      Profile for El Greco   Email El Greco   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Every time MouseThief makes an one-liner, take a drink!
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Every time anyone makes a lame joke followed by the phrase "I'll get me coat" take a large swig.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
okay, how about -
  • for every use of the term "ad hominem" take a straight shot
  • if you see someone Junior Hosting before the host arrives, the host has to take a drink. or two.
  • the axe murderer smily means drain your cup!

quote:
Originally posted by Socratic-enigma:
Besides, I never remember anything I've said the following day (and I trust no one else does)

oh... Hosts have long memories. loooooong memories.

and a willingness to use it against you however far in the future it may become necessary. [Big Grin]

just part of the comprehensive service we provide.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Codepoet

Best Bear On Board
# 5964

- Posted      Profile for Codepoet   Email Codepoet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Everytime an Eccles regular mentions GIN, drink some

--------------------
It's more important to be kind than to be right.

Posts: 1156 | From: Southampton | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Every time you're playing a game in Circus and the post after yours is rubbish, take a drink!

Every time someone posts at the same time as you and makes even less sense, take a drink!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Everytime someone in Purgatory mentions Calvinism take a drink. (Things will begin to make sense then [Biased] )

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jack o' the Green
Shipmate
# 11091

- Posted      Profile for Jack o' the Green   Email Jack o' the Green   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Everytime someone makes a comment which is potentially offensive and thinks that by putting a [Biased] , [Big Grin] or [Razz] after it, they make it OK, have a drink.

[ 05. January 2008, 12:58: Message edited by: Jon J ]

Posts: 3121 | From: Lancashire, England | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
  • Everytime a post in styx with a tech query is followed by another post from someone else thanking the volunteers take a drink - if it includes a smilie take two, and drain the cup and refill for a bowing smilie
  • Everytime someone mentions the organ fund, drain your cup, calculate the cost of the drink and donate a sum of that value
  • Everytime someone you have posted in reply to is suspended, finish off the bottle and log off for 24 hours
  • Everytime someone you have posted in reply to is permenantly banned, hold an alcohol fuelled wake and invite at least two other shipmates to share it with you and log off for 48 hours
  • Whilst reading the prayer thread, have a pitcher of long island iced tea by your side - add an ice-cube for every votive smilie and take a drink for every group of three votive candles. Vodka shot for every prayer post that included reference to someone else's prayer request. (For the sake of your liver this activity should be limited to 5 minutes).
  • Everytime you see a host post in their offical capacity you must drink a quarter of a pint of carrot juice
  • Everytime a swearword is included in a post to you, you must add a dash of angastura bitters to your current drink

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jack o' the Green
Shipmate
# 11091

- Posted      Profile for Jack o' the Green   Email Jack o' the Green   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Every time you check a shipmate's profile and they have hilariously reinterpreted the question 'Favourite Boards' - take a stiff one.
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
  • Everytime a swearword is included in a post to you, you must add a dash of angastura bitters to your current drink

But if the poster has asterisked out the swear word, double the qualtuty.

--------------------

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Everytime someone uses the shower of hearts smilie you must add a dash of peach schnapps to your current drink and drain the cup .... mmmmmmm sweety goodness

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jon J:
Everytime someone makes a comment which is potentially offensive and thinks that by putting a [Biased] , [Big Grin] or [Razz] after it, they make it OK, have a drink.

Every time you make a comment that is potentially offensive --

And you put in a smilie like [Razz] or [Big Grin] to show that you don't particularly care if it's offensive or not -- 'cause you're feel plenty of bonhomie toward the guy you're answering (even though you think his opinion has all the well-thought-out long-lasting value of sneezed-in tissue paper) --

Mail him a bottle of Tequila. With an especially hairy-larva worm in it.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jack o' the Green
Shipmate
# 11091

quote:
Originally posted by Janine:
quote:

Every time you make a comment that is potentially offensive --

And you put in a smilie like [Razz] or [Big Grin] to show that you don't particularly care if it's offensive or not -- 'cause you're feel plenty of bonhomie toward the guy you're answering (even though you think his opinion has all the well-thought-out long-lasting value of sneezed-in tissue paper) --

Mail him a bottle of Tequila. With an especially hairy-larva worm in it.

Jon goes off to look up the word 'bonhomie' in the dictionary. [Big Grin] [Biased] [Razz]
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dogwonderer:
  • every time someone who has a higher post count than 3000 says ‘this place ain’t what it used to be’, take a drink

Every time someone who has a lower post count than 300 says `this place ain't what it used to be', take many drinks.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Josephine

Orthodox Belle
# 3899

- Posted      Profile for Josephine   Author's homepage   Email Josephine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Every time someone starts a post by saying, "I haven't read the rest of this thread, but ... " take a drink. If the thread has yet to make it to the third page when this is said, drain the cup!

--------------------
I've written a book! Catherine's Pascha: A celebration of Easter in the Orthodox Church. It's a lovely book for children. Take a look!

Posts: 10273 | From: Pacific Northwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leetle Masha

Cantankerous Anchoress
# 8209

- Posted      Profile for Leetle Masha   Email Leetle Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you run completely out of booze, chocolate, and money to buy more of same, while carefully following the above drinking rules, do not resort to drinking anti-freeze. Ask a friend to share with you, but if that fails,

Put a steaming hot towel over your head or cool your brain with an ice pack.

Try to remember that it's just a bulletin board, and it's the best one around so it's all we've got.

Mary

--------------------
eleison me, tin amartolin: have mercy on me, the sinner

Posts: 6351 | From: Hesychia, in Hyperdulia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Every time you check a shipmate's profile and they have hilariously reinterpreted the question 'Favourite Boards' - take a stiff one.

But remember to take a drink afterwards.

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
beachpsalms
Shipmate
# 4979

- Posted      Profile for beachpsalms   Email beachpsalms   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anytime a newcomer with a post count lower than 5 starts a thread take a drink.

--------------------
"You willing to die for that belief?"
"I am. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Posts: 826 | From: a hamster's cheek-pouch full of raisins | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hart:
quote:
Originally posted by dogwonderer:

Every time someone who has a lower post count than 300 says `this place ain't what it used to be', take many drinks.
Every time someone who's been here less than six months starts telling the H&A how to run the site, drain the cup, yell "I THOUGHT THIS WAS A CHRISTIAN WEBSITE!" and pass out in a fit of laughter.

Charlotte

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jack o' the Green
Shipmate
# 11091

quote:
Originally posted by Liverpool fan:
quote:

ITTWACWS
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by beachlass:

If they start a thread in Hell, take an additional two drinks.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
quote:
Originally posted by beachlass:

If they start a thread in Hell, take an additional two drinks.
If they survive it, offer them a drink.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Hiro's Leap

Shipmate
# 12470

- Posted      Profile for Hiro's Leap   Email Hiro's Leap   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When someone makes a grammar/spelling mistake, take a drink. Then write a post to kindly point it out.

The next day, when you notice the sadly ironic grammar/spelling mistakes in ALL your drunken posts, take a painkiller.

Posts: 3418 | From: UK, OK | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you see botched UBB code from someone with less than 100 posts, take a drink. If it's from someone with over 100 posts, take two. Unless you're a host on that board, in which case you can drain your glass.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:
If you see botched UBB code from someone with less than 100 posts, take a drink. If it's from someone with over 100 posts, take two. Unless you're a host on that board, in which case you can drain your glass.

If the botched code is by a fellow host, correct it, and then mock them unmercifully in your [ETA: ]

Making damn sure you don't botch your own code. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Winkel

# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

ITTWACWS
What does that mean?

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
What does that mean?

I means you should bend your elbow.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jack o' the Green
Shipmate
# 11091

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

ITTWACWS
What does that mean?
It means you should have a stiff one on me.
Beautiful Dreamer
Shipmate
# 10880

- Posted      Profile for Beautiful Dreamer   Author's homepage   Email Beautiful Dreamer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Every time someone tries to make a joke but it completely bombs, take a drink.

Every time someone talks crap about someone else and then gets upset when that person calls them on it, take two drinks.

--------------------
More where that came from
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Posts: 6028 | From: Outside Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

ITTWACWS
What does that mean?
There is a thread in the Styx that answers your question.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Every time somebody uses the phrase tu quoque, balance your glass on top of your head, shout "DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO!", and drain the glass.

Every time somebody uses a [Biased] or a [Razz] to mollify a truly foul insult, take a drink and tell everyone in the room you didn't.

[ 06. January 2008, 00:03: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Beautiful Dreamer
Shipmate
# 10880

- Posted      Profile for Beautiful Dreamer   Author's homepage   Email Beautiful Dreamer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Every time you see the person who thinks they know everything get something wrong, take a drink.

If they actually admit to being wrong, break out your snowblower. Hell has frozen over.

--------------------

Rosa Winkel

# 11424

Thanks Moo. This website is almost Quaker-esque in having all these abbreviations.

Anyway, thanks Jon. I shall indeed do so.

--------------------

Zwingli
Shipmate
# 4438

- Posted      Profile for Zwingli   Email Zwingli   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer:
Everytime someone in Purgatory mentions Calvinism take a drink. (Things will begin to make sense then [Biased] )

Every time someone uses "Calvinist" to mean "a conservative evangelical whom I don't happen to like" take a drink. Every time that uses it of someone who in't really a Calvinist at all, eg. most Sydney Anglicans, take two drinks, have a lie down and refrain from putting your fist through the monitor.

[ 06. January 2008, 11:45: Message edited by: Zwingli ]

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK - my comment was meant to raise a smile, rather than to cause offence. Clearly I got that wrong. I apologise.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I think Calvin would approve. One of his conditions of settlement in Geneva was a good cellar of wine.

Jengie

p.s. he was trying not to have to accept the post.

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

- Posted      Profile for sabine   Email sabine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmmm.....it would be fun to see all of you sliding off your chairs and staggering around after taking those drinks.

All I would have to do is use all the phrases and smilies mentioned on this thread--all of them! If I had time, I could do it all in one post, and then we'd have to have a belly-up meet!

Bwahahahaha! [Devil] (what, no drinks for the devil smiley??)

love and kisses [Axe murder]

...and don't take the diazepam!

sabine

--------------------
"Hunger looks like the man that hunger is killing." Eduardo Galeano

Posts: 5887 | From: the US Heartland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally post by The Wanderer:
OK - my comment was meant to raise a smile, rather than to cause offence. Clearly I got that wrong. I apologise.

quote:
Originally posted by Beautiful_Dreamer:
Every time someone tries to make a joke but it completely bombs, take a drink.

Bottoms up!

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

I thought of one that's a few years out of date...

• If Mousethief hands you a Mousethief Cooler, take a drink. (Duh)

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

quote:

Well, it made me laugh if that's any consolation.

--------------------

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

Thank you. The comment was supposed to be a reference to the complexity of Calvinistic thought. At least, I find it complex, but YMMV. Clearly my "thread cred" isn't as high as I thought it was.

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Hey, I resemble that remark.

If the bottom line of the profile reads Profile last updated by Erin take two drinks, with a chaser.

If the profile was last updated by Simon, drain both bottles.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ok, two more for Hell:

If several people completely depart from the Op for two or three pages to discuss what Hell is for, how to navigate Hell, or what makes the Hellions cooler than any other shipmates, take three very large swigs of your favorite laxative.

If someone tells somebody else to "stay out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat" and then later gets inordinately offended over something really stupid, (or vice-versa), take a big mouthful then spit it right back in your glass.

(Circus)

if somebody gets genuinely offended on the Offended thread (hey, it's happened), take a drink of a Shirley Temple.

(Heaven)

If someone (for instance) hops onto a "favorite book/ movie" thread with no other contribution than "your favorite book/ movie sucks", take a drink of Zima. And like it.

All boards:

Every time shipmates discuss a hostly action on the thread itself rather than taking it to the Styx, send that host a bottle of their favorite libation. (sorry, pet peeve of mine.) [Big Grin]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Beautiful Dreamer
Shipmate
# 10880

(Circus)

If someone posts on a 'quote thread' using a movie/song/book quote that no normal person would have heard of, take a drink.

If someone actually guesses one of these obscure references correctly, take two drinks.

If someone quotes a book/song/movie and attributes the quote to the wrong person or misquotes, take a drink. Take two drinks if they argue when they are corrected.

(Hell)
When someone personally insults you and only succeeds in making themselves look like an ass, drain your bottle.

--------------------

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

Whenever a newbie starts a Styx thread asking why a board such as Hell is necessary on a Christian website, take 3 drinks and, while you're at it, post a Hell call against that poster.

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When someone quotes a post and adds "What he/she said", take a drink.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
... and, while you're at it, post a Hell call against that poster.

More rewarding to run through the fields naked at midnight while howling at the moon.

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016