homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 0)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
O! Meybe it's time for a break.

See yous on the other side.

January 2014 . . . slightly different back then

Thread CLOSED
—Ariston, Circushost

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ostensibly this thread was closed, but it seems not to have been.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Be enlightened, my dear -- closure may only be a click away.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Way out", said Moochie, smoking a joint, as he and Ronnie and Bert and some other friends from the circus took advantage of the still unlocked thread to have an end of thread party, which went on long into the night.
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nigh toward dawn, however, they all began to wonder if the hostly admonition was a figment of their overactive imaginations and nothing more.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ore of gold is throughout this thread, and continuing to be produced, O Hosts/Admins, because we are crafting a STORY together, and have been for many pages, so please have mercy, as we are saving Lucifer's soul!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ultimately, this thread will join the bleedin' choir invisible.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Invisible to his own mind, Lucifer finally woke up in Pete's Pearly Diner, just inside the gates of Heaven, next to the Welcome Center and the tour bus station; and, just then, Mary Magdalene plopped a laminated menu down on the table in front of Lucifer, and asked "Coffee?"

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

"C of feckin' E are we, then?" retorted Lucifer.

[ 21. October 2017, 14:20: Message edited by: Amanda B. Reckondwythe ]

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

"Er, no," said Mary Magdalene, switching the coffee pot to her other hand; "Lutherans, through and through; and Herself has been known to wander around, singing the 'Java Jive', and to pull newbies into a production of Bach's 'Coffee Cantata'."

--------------------

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Coffee cant at a diner doesn't impress me, Mag", said Lucifer, "How's about a nice cup of tea?"
Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Ft! Each to his own I suppose" said Mary, rolling her eyes, "but I only have coffee to offer..."

--------------------
Look at my eye twitching - Donkey from Shrek

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged
jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

"Fergus, when you said you were going to take me to the edge of Heaven, this isn't quite what I had in mind", said Liz, as the two of them sat inside Pete's Pearly Diner with their coffees, sausage rolls and Club bars (which was all the diner seemed to sell).
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Liz sipped her coffee, then exhaled with passion--"but this coffee really is to die for".

--------------------

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

"For f...'s sake, I'm never going to get to Oblivion at this rate", said Mr Nobody, as he sat inside the diner with his coffee and Club bar, "Oh f... - we're going up again."
Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ain't that typical!

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

"California dreamin', on such a winter's dayyyyy," sang Mary Magdalene, as she wandered and refilled coffee; then someone joined in with a deep "Went into a churrrrrch I found along the wayyyy", and the someone turned out to be Satan, and Maggie smiled.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

{Note: That should be Lucifer, not Satan, in my post just above. Forgot which we're using!}

--------------------

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

Maggie smiled as she and Lutan (as Satan/Lucifer now referred to himself) watched Mr Nobody from the diner window, resentfully driving the 'poxy f***ing' Heaven tour bus which was of course, a driverless vehicle.
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Even Lutan (aka Lucifer or Satan) nodded at the nativity scene that Maggie had set up in a window.

--------------------

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

"Down we go", said Lutan, as the old Ship of Fools sank to the bottom of the sea in order to make way for the new one, "We've had a good innings - I would have been surprised if they'd carried this thread over onto the new blub blub blub blub..."
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Blubbering into his cornflakes, the shipmate watched as the water level rose toward the top of his porthole.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oleum on sugar; you should try it!

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yiti beach has good reviews.

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

Ood re-views are common when watching repeats of Doctor Who.

--------------------

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Doc Tor, who is a very fine host, is, as a poster, very fine equally.
Posts: 758 | From: 30 arpents de neige | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

All you need is love, sang the Beatles.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Eat less, exercise more -- at least that's what the doctors tell us.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Stellus is not the singular of a Belgian beer, my teacher did me admonish.
Posts: 758 | From: 30 arpents de neige | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Moni's harp was emerald green, decorated with transfers of small shamrocks.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Sham rocks are not very useful when building a wall -- be sure to use real rocks.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Al rocks on his rocking chair while his house crumbles.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bless his heart, he tries so hard!

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Arduous rocking will not save his house if there's a tornado.

--------------------
~Tortuf

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

"There's a torn Ado", said Adrian's friends to each other as they watched him dither over which film to watch at the 20 screen cinema.
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In Ema Wesley's parlor is her collection of one hundred and fifty teapots.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

A pot should be useful as well as attractive.

--------------------
~Tortuf

aliehs
Shipmate
# 18878

- Posted      Profile for aliehs   Author's homepage   Email aliehs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Active" , said himself "I need to be active". He twirled like a dervish, his cloak flying out like a skirt, knocking all the teapots over. Unrepentant[ well, you wouldn't expect him to repent, now would you?] he altered from the giddy whirling to an overly athletic demonstation of push ups as he was a demon. and demonstrations were alien to him. He could manage less than the required 666 he had set previously as his personal best[ or should that be worst?], before he collapsed perspiring and breathless. "Less is more", he reflected, mopping his forehead .

--------------------
Now I see through a glass darkly. Maybe I should clean my specs.
sld2A

Posts: 160 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2017  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Ore headed the list of resources to be explored, especially sources of copper and silver.

--------------------

aliehs
Shipmate
# 18878

- Posted      Profile for aliehs   Author's homepage   Email aliehs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
VERTIGO!
His head and brain kept whirling, none of the 6oo push-ups had worked; his mind whirled as it had when he was dervishing; and he slumped to the floor, unable to keep his balance.

--------------------
sld2A

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Lance Ito is best known for presiding over the O.J. Simpson murder case.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A seminal event will be happening soon: this thread and others will come to an end, so Be Prepared.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Red alert! This Ship is being decommissioned!

--------------------
~Tortuf

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
O, M-miss Ione, do you think posting on Circus Threads is a good way of our increasing post counts to a round number?

[ 26. February 2018, 16:48: Message edited by: Curiosity killed ... ]

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Be rapid or you will miss the boat, it sinks in two days' time!

--------------------

aliehs
Shipmate
# 18878

Two Days' time?
Is the iceberg travelling so fast? I wish we needn't leave Beelzebub in the lurch.

--------------------
sld2A

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Bu-Bint!" he lurched, "there're gonna be danshing guh-guhrls on zzhe new Sh-Sh-Ship," he slurred lasciviously through his beer googles.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

"Ergo ogle skimpily dressed dancers at your peril" she forewarned as they boarded the new shiny ship.

--------------------

aliehs
Shipmate
# 18878

" Hip baths in every cabin? What luxury", the new comers exclaimed.
"That's nothing", replied a crew member: "You should see the deluxe accommodation for us;we each have a separate cabin fitted out as if we were first class passengers.
AND you should see the captain's suite. No expense has been spared.
There are lifts on every floor at both ends of the ship. But if you are going to visit the animals in the hold, please do not feed them, or the birds in the aviary on the top deck "

--------------------
sld2A

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

'OP decked as the ship sinks' the headline reads as Everlasting meets its maker, probably not before time.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016