homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » 2017 Celebrity Death Pool (Page 10)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Source: (consider it) Thread: 2017 Celebrity Death Pool
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
Cardinal Bernard Law, the disgraced former archbishop of Boston whose years of shielding sexually abusive priests caused generations of pain, has died at the age of 86.

If he's very lucky, he has a long, long haul in purgatory. If not... [Devil]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Baker
Shipmate
# 18458

- Posted      Profile for Baker   Email Baker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What's the current standings of players?

And isn't there going to be a 2018 thread?

--------------------
Ad astra per aspera

Posts: 108 | From: Tottering-on-the-Brink | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Baker:

We are waiting to be teleported to a new board. The old threads (or new ones) will not be coming with us. See Styx seriatim.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Current standings: uh, I think I'm winning? Yeah. That's it. Of course I'm winning. In counting, there is strength.
Gimmie a moment this break (it's been Finalsseason here at Ye Olde Lahskool), and I'll count your kills.

2018 thread: Uncle Pete, post 453, supra
Rules will probably be more-or-less the same, assuming that...um...okay, I honestly have No Idea if we're actually migrating over by 1 January. We're a few days out, and y'alls know as much about it as I do. Maybe more (see Lahskool excuse, supra).

So, what to do? Well. Right now, I'm thinking a shortened schedule, so that everyone has a chance to research, find fiends and friends, and pick their Lucky 13. We'll start the Abbreviated Death Pool two weeks after we jump ship; this should give everyone time enough to settle in and get to picking.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sadly, Gogglebox star (very like Mr Bee) star Leon has died.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Heather Menzies-Urich, best known as Louisa von Trapp in The Sound of Music, has died.

In terms of scores, my Very Unofficial Tally shows Ariston leading on points with 110 (from only two hits!!!), followed by Light User at 87 and Leorning Cniht and Sandemaniac at 55.

In terms of most hits (The Quantity not Quality Award), there is currently a tie between Tree Bee and Light User, both with 3 hits.

I really may be wrong about this, but I think the current leader for the Sudden Death Award (for last death in 2017) is me, with Bobby Doerr dying on November 14. But the whole point of that award is that anybody can get it with an opportune passing in the next few days.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog:
... anybody can get it with an opportune passing in the next few days.

And, let's face it, there nearly always seems to be a sleb of one sort or another who croaks over Christmas/New Year.

I think I may be in for the wooden spoon for 2017 - so far I don't think I've had any hits at all.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
I think I may be in for the wooden spoon for 2017 - so far I don't think I've had any hits at all.

According to my notes, you got Peter Sallis (4 points)(June 2, 2017).

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
yeah, leave that wooden spoon for me !

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

quote:
Originally posted by Wet Kipper:
yeah, leave that wooden spoon for me !

Ummmmmm, no. You have 12 very sad points for Adam West (June 9).

Assuming I haven't made a mistake (and I usually assume that I have--it saves time in the long run), we had 44 players for 2017, and 19 of them have so far failed to get even one hit. But I haven't looked at today's obituaries yet....

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
But the whole point of that award is that anybody can get it with an opportune passing in the next few days.

Which I won, sadly, with Carrie fisher last year.

There's still time.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Pictures Carrie Fisher in the great beyond laughing herself silly at the idea of her “opportune passing.” Seriously, she would have loved that, right?)

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

Rose Marie has died. It is not many people who can boast of over 80 years in front of the camera. She was in a sound short in 1929 and was still performing into 2013.

--------------------

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm startled to hear I have 55 - who did I get, I wonder?

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi whose death was announced on 22 June 2017, but more recent reports suggest he is still alive.

I forgot to post my list, I'm blaming the shingles of the month before, but he was on it, along with Joost van der Westhuizen (45 points) and Sarah Coward (31 points)

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:

According to my notes, you got Peter Sallis (4 points)(June 2, 2017).
Thanks Hedgehog - I'd forgotten he was on my list.

WK, do help yourself to that spoon ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

And it has been announced that mystery writer Sue Grafton has died, with the Kinsey Milhone Alphabet series ending at "Y" is for Yesterday. We know that she intended the last book in the series to be called "Z" is for Zero but apparently it was not yet written as of her death.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Really sad about Sue Grafton. I loved the way she described starting the series: as a way of dealing with the messy divorce her ex-husband had just put her through, by murdering him in print. The later books didn't continue with that foreword, but the first few did.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:
quote:

We are waiting to be teleported to a new board. The old threads (or new ones) will not be coming with us. See Styx seriatim.
Uh, you know, its less then 24 hours until 2018 for a lot of people and somebody is going to die in the next couple of days, so maybe a new game could be started and somebody could...you know...cut and paste something from here?

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was said earlier that the new thread will start 2 weeks after the new boards. There will be a difficult time when people will die and you have no chance of gaining points.

We can, however, record the sadness at their passing. I know that is what your real concern is.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My wish is for an enjoyable game to continue. If that has to be later, so be it.

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Um, so is there no 2018 game launched yet?

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Would it be possible to give ourselves a few days after the re-launch to get our lists together, and just start from there?

As Og and SC said, we'll probably lose a few deaths and points, but it can't be helped, and we'll all be in the same boat, so it won't matter.

For myself, I haven't even thought about who's going on my 2018 Kiss of Life™ list, so it'll give me a little time to think about it.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gun Crazy star Peggy Cummins gets another shot at Howard Hughes.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For the time being, why not just continue into 2018 with the 2017 lists - and start the 2018 lists once the new boards have been set up?

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
kinda like "extra time" in a sports match

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thomas S. Monson, president and prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, died Tuesday night at the age of 90.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Enoch
Shipmate
# 14322

- Posted      Profile for Enoch   Email Enoch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Am I the only person who's managed to score a complete zero? All mine have survived the whole of 2017. I haven't done the maths but they must now have achieved a staggering cumulative age. This was my list if anyone wants to check.
quote:

1. Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI.
2. June Whitfield.
3. Paul Gascoine (Gazza).
4. Winnie Mandela.
5. Prince Philip.
6. James Earl (Jimmy) Carter.
7. Robert Mugabe.
8. Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachev.
9. George H. W. Bush (Sen).
10. Nigel Lawson (Lord Blaby).
11. Douglas Hurd (Lord Westwell).
12. Joseph (Sepp) Blatter.

And finally one who if he reaches his terminal event in 2017 is less likely to do so through natural causes

13. Kim Jong Un.

There are some on that list I'm quite surprised to see still going. I begin to wonder. Do I have some special gift to confer immortality?

--------------------
Brexit wrexit - Sir Graham Watson

Posts: 7610 | From: Bristol UK(was European Green Capital 2015, now Ljubljana) | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
Gun Crazy star Peggy Cummins gets another shot at Howard Hughes.

Oh, too bad. That is one crazy-ass film. I saw it for the first time only three or four years ago at TIFF. Highly entertaining, and sociologically fascinating.
Posts: 758 | From: 30 arpents de neige | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Enoch:
Am I the only person who's managed to score a complete zero? All mine have survived the whole of 2017. I haven't done the maths but they must now have achieved a staggering cumulative age. This was my list if anyone wants to check.

I’m on a duck as well. There’s always an element of chance in this game (I’ve won it in the past when the CIA blew up a particularly young and high scoring Taliban commander).

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My 2015 list not only scored a duck, but 2 of the people I'd removed from the 2014 list died.

I'm tempting that again this year, by making a few changes.

One of these years my full list will survive and I'll pop my clogs, the ultimate irony.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I scored a perfect zero, somehow managing to keep all the members of the Kardashian family and all their annoying hangers-on alive to bless the world for another year. I might just keep the list untouched into 2018 and see if their luck continues to hold.

--------------------
Books and things.

I lied. There are no things. Just books.

Posts: 7428 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The after life gets more of that Muscle Shoals Soul, as Rick Hall sets up a recording studio on a higher plane.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Dick Van Dyke’s younger brother Jerry gets a heavenly gig first.

[ 06. January 2018, 22:27: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thirteen points to anyone who nominated astronaut John Young
Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Motorheads classic lineup are now serenading the angels. Or whoever. Fast Eddie Clarke has died.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
The after life gets more of that Muscle Shoals Soul, as Rick Hall sets up a recording studio on a higher plane.

Oh LB, you gave me a start. I misread your post as Rich Hall. Rick, I was ignorant about.

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
Motorheads classic lineup are now serenading the angels. Or whoever. Fast Eddie Clarke has died.

There are no surviving members of Motörhead I have seen play live. RIP fast one.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've done some research and I reckon 20 of the 45 players scored no points.

However, people might be more interested in the other end of the game so by my calculations the top scorers in 2017 are Ariston and Light User with 87 points each. Third was Tree Bee with 54 points.

The Quantity Not Quality award was certainly well-named as Baker scored a measily 7 points for his 5 celebrities now remembered and not seen.

Zappa won the Inside Track With The Grim Reaper award for identifying Mary Tyler Moore as being the first of our celebrities to transfer to other realms on 25th Jan and Hedgehog won the Sudden Death award for realising that Bobby Doerr would be the last one to go on 13th Nov.

Three people share the Why Does It Always Happen To Me award with two scores each. They are St Gwladys, Cottontail and Light User.

I appreciate that other people have been doing tallies so please do speak up if you have different ideas on the winners. I think that the uncertainty surrounding some of the terrorists might lead to differences. Google is my friend but it appears that it might not know everything. I will put up my full lists in a few moments.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It doesn't matter how carefully I check stuff something always slips through. Ariston's score according to my spreadsheet should be 104 plus whatever Ayad al-jumaili would have scored. I have a date of death of around the beginning of April and no date of birth. If anyone can supply better details then please do.

Therefore Ariston is the outright winner with at least 104 points unless the terrorist was 117 when he died.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

Right, then, full scores.

1st Ariston 104 points (at least) from Joost van der Westhuizen, Isnilon Hapilon & Ayad al-Jumali.

2nd Light User 87 points for Gregg Allman, Bruce Langhorne & Martin McGuiness.

3rd Tree Bee 54 points for Bruce Forsyth, Brian Matthew & Peter Skellern.

4th= Spike 42 points for Bruce Forsyth & Michael Perham.

4th= North East Quine 42 points for Bruce Forsyth & Sarah Coward.

6th Lyda*Rose 39 points for Glen Campbell & Mary Tyler-Moore.

7th= Thunderbunk 25 points for Bruce Forsyth & Colin Dexter.

7th= Teekeey Misha 25 points for Bruce Forsyth & Gerald Kaufman.

9th= The Phantom Flan Flinger 23 points for Bruce Forsyth & Brian Matthew.

9th= no prophet's flag is set so... 23 points for Helmut Kohl & Chuck Berry.

11th Schroedinger's Cat 22 points for Bruce Forsyth & Martin Landau.

12th Sipech 21 points for Peter Sallis & John Noakes.

13th= Hedgehog 16 points for Bobby Doerr & Jim Bunning.

13th= Og: Thread Killer 16 points for John Hillerman.

15th RuthW 73 points for Derek Walcott.

16th Wet Kipper 12 points for Adam West.

17th= balaam 11 points for Fats Domino.

17th= Japes, Auntie Doris, Abigail & kingsfold 11 points all for Bruce Forsyth.

22nd= Baker 7 points for all of Peter Sallis, Danielle Darrieux, Lorna Grey, June Foray & William Woodson.

22nd= Uncle Pete for Countess Mountbatten.

24th= Piglet for Peter Sallis.

24th= Goldfish Stew for Mickey Rooney.

--------------------

The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

quote:
Originally posted by The Rogue:
It doesn't matter how carefully I check stuff something always slips through.

And the Inside Track With The Grim Reaper is rightfully Lyda*Rose's, not Zappa's who didn't post a list.

One day I will get the hang of LOOKUP in Excel.

--------------------

The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

There was some discussion at the beginning of this thread about allowing competitors to change their picks. The current rule is quite strict that changes can only be made if one of the picks dies before the competition starts counting. I'm not sure why this should be unless it is to avoid nightmares for the scorer in keeping track. However, as the threads on Old Ship and New Ship are linear then I don't see this as a major problem so I propose we relax this rule in 2018.

Does anyone have any comment on this? I might change my mind after seeing how it works out!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Thanks are due again to The Rogue, for all your reckonings and accountings!

[Overused]

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, thanks!
When do we need to post for 2018?

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Many thanks as well, given that I have my feet propped up and a cuppa coffeetea* brewing. It's my reward for Killing All Of You.

*Brew coffee. Steep green tea in the coffee. It's a grad student special.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I doubt she was on anyone's list, but Irish singer Dolores O'Riordan (from the band The Cranberries) has died aged 46 [Frown]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

It is so young, and she was not, as far as I know, a heavy drug user. Tragic loss - the Cranberries may not have been global megastars, but their music is really good.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
Many thanks as well, given that I have my feet propped up and a cuppa coffeetea* brewing. It's my reward for Killing All Of You.

*Brew coffee. Steep green tea in the coffee. It's a grad student special.

My first though was ewww but tomorrow I shall be trying cheese tea, so...

ETA: Not a meal featuring cheese, but cheese tea.

[ 15. January 2018, 17:27: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One minute I'm 4th, the next I'm nowhere.

Wonder who they did blow up if it wasn't him...

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016