homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 6: On the road to Bethlehem (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 6: On the road to Bethlehem
Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

- Posted      Profile for Jesus' evil twin   Email Jesus' evil twin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Note to the 'rents: those animals are driving me absolutely batsh... um, bat"plop"(???), so I will be packing heat on my entrance to the world.

Might wanna rethink that Cyril thing BEFORE you're staring at the business end of a Glock.

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Posts: 54 | From: my own room (finally!) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Donkey:
I can see one! I can see one! Wow, there's a lot of them around! Wings, halos, and everything. Do ya think they grant wishes too?

I do give wishes - at the moment I wish you'd give this sheep a push out the car

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

- Posted      Profile for A very naughty boy   Author's homepage   Email A very naughty boy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Name your price.

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Posts: 92 | From: Somewhere else | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3 is suddenly awakened by being grabbed.]

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by A very naughty boy:
Name your price.

3 wishes and a ride on that moped

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

- Posted      Profile for A very naughty boy   Author's homepage   Email A very naughty boy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What about 4 wishes and a ride on the moped?

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[As she is shoved out of the car by the Donkey, she manages to slash Brian with one of her sharp hooves.]

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

--------------------
jlg the sheep

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus' evil twin:
Note to the 'rents: those animals are driving me absolutely batsh... um, bat"plop"(???), so I will be packing heat on my entrance to the world.

Might wanna rethink that Cyril thing BEFORE you're staring at the business end of a Glock.

sigh....she would benefit from a bag of those weeds.

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Originally posted by Fairy Godmother:
quote:
Name your price.

3 wishes and a ride on that moped
3 wishes, a ride on the moped and an elastoplast

--------------------

Chief Wise Man

Nativity Play
# 3674

- Posted      Profile for Chief Wise Man   Author's homepage   Email Chief Wise Man   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Cue scene of Hot rod with Joe Camel painted on the side driving across the desert trailed by a plume of dust]

Sheesh, where's the infernal bus and the pack of Harley's? I hope they remembered to turn left at Ararat ...

Oh well, what the hell. They'll get there when they get there.

[turns up the volume on the stereo as yet another ZZTop anthem swells]

--------------------
incurablyGeeking westwardly; avatar following yonder star.

Posts: 87 | From: East of Yerushalayem; Ur mebbe... | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

Blinkin' sheep, anyone got a plaster?

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Mary sighs serenely to herself If God is an Englishman, his progeny don't half have a strange way of expressing themselves. Still I am sure we will grow to understand each other, sweet Cyril and I, once she is born. She's probably just getting excited [Big Grin]

--------------------
Can you have a white wedding in blue?
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Sneaks one from behind the curtains...

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[In all the confusion, Sheep 3 makes a mad dash for it and races off down the road.]

BAAAAAA

BAAAAAAA

BAAAAAAAAA

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:

*Waves wand*

One plaster (Mr Men)

Now 4 wishes, a ride and lamb curry?

--------------------

Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

- Posted      Profile for Jesus' evil twin   Email Jesus' evil twin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Virgin Mary:
quote:

Mary sighs serenely to herself If God is an Englishman, his progeny don't half have a strange way of expressing themselves. Still I am sure we will grow to understand each other, sweet Cyril and I, once she is born. She's probably just getting excited [Big Grin]
Translated into old-fart-parentese...

I'm going to have a Glock, which is a powerful and lovely gun, to take out every one of them damn animals, and I don't particularly care for the name "Cyril", so change it while you still have a chance.

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

- Posted      Profile for Donkey   Email Donkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This is SO much better! (Donkey stretches out luxuriously over the entire back seat.) I just need a blanket to get comfy here. That was my wish, lots of room, no more sheep! Thanks Fairy Godmother!

--------------------
Little Beast of Burden....ha!
aka Lady A

Posts: 74 | From: 4WD The Swamp | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Wise Man

Nativity Play
# 3674

- Posted      Profile for Chief Wise Man   Author's homepage   Email Chief Wise Man   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[hot rod still driving in the desert with plume of dust trailing behind. A sheep darts out in front of the car and car swerves madly to miss it, spinning out and raising minor dust storm]

DAFT SHEEP!

[Hot rod fires up and roars on...]

--------------------
incurablyGeeking westwardly; avatar following yonder star.

Posts: 87 | From: East of Yerushalayem; Ur mebbe... | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

quote:
Now 4 wishes, a ride and lamb curry?

Deal.

[Tries to stem blood and apply plaster but it's not happening ...]

No first aider tonight? - can someone tie down the sheep until I get this under control please?

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I don't particularly care for the name "Cyril", so change it while you still have a chance.

You know, I have a funny feeling that the baby isn't too happy with the name Cyril. I tried to tell Joseph it didn't seem right.
Serenely strokes tummy

Lavinia it is!
[Big Grin]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

Oh I don't think so. Where's the bladder? *kick* And the lungs? *kick* And this sciatic nerve looks like a nice, comfortable place to catch some zzzzzzz.

[ 14. December 2002, 22:53: Message edited by: Jesus' evil twin ]

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Even Lowlier Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3691

- Posted      Profile for Even Lowlier Shepherd   Author's homepage   Email Even Lowlier Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Hopping off the moped]
Hey! Get back here sheep!!! I've got to get you back to the flock!!!
[Even Lowlier Shepherd chases off after the sheep, disappearing into the distance.]

--------------------
the ferret normally known as Siegfried

Posts: 36 | From: A field in Judea | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

- Posted      Profile for Donkey   Email Donkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh NO! Brian's bleeding, someone help! Medics, 911, Alchemist, Help! (Donkey faints at sight of blood)

--------------------
aka Lady A

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

Mary has a mobile, someone phone for some help, please.

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

quote:
[Tries to stem blood and apply plaster but it's not happening ...]

No first aider tonight? - can someone tie down the sheep until I get this under control please?

(impassively)....I've called First-aider and left a voice mail message......

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Ouch! Ooh! Agh! Sitting in this tiny car seems to have given me a touch of cramp. I'll just stand up and stretch my legs while you lot are playing with that sheep. Now, where did I put my mobile?

JOE
NEARLY THERE
JUST A BIT HELD UP
WOT A JRNY !
LUV BVM

--------------------
(Smudgie)

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

quote:
Oh NO! Brian's bleeding, someone help! Medics, 911, Alchemist, Help! (Donkey faints at sight of blood)

(toneless and mercilessly) And I certainly don't take on the role of a veterinarian! [Frown]

--------------------

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

quote:
Originally posted by chief stage manager:
quote:

(toneless and mercilessly) And I certainly don't take on the role of a veterinarian! [Frown]
What in the blazes do *I* need a vet for?

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Sighs serenely again... why is life never simple?

I'd ring 999 but I think my mobile's out of credit.
Don't worry, Brian. I was in the Guides and did my first aider badge. I rather liked the blue uniform, you know. Hold on.

Modestly rips off the lower half of her skirt and uses it as a bandage for Brian's injury

There you are.. now can we get on please?

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

*Realises that she is now sheepless as well as shepherless*

Come back here you blasted animal - mint sauce, mint sauce!

No good - can't run after them

Must deal with that cut on Brian's face [Wink]

Want a whiskey

*Searches fo hip flask under petticoats*

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

quote:
What in the blazes do *I* need a vet for?

The donkey's fainted. After having been chided by the Equity Director regarding exceeding the scope of my contract and job description, and after having not received a clarifying answer regarding filling in for First-aider, sorry - can't help except to pass you more bandages from the props table. You're in a DIY situation here. [Frown]

--------------------

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

Fairy - first wish - can you heal that cut?

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

Clarifying, I mean the Equity Deputy....whatever. Ho hum.

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:

That's easy

*waves wand over Brian's face*

Ooops sorry - did I poke you in the eye? [Embarrassed]

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

quote:
quote:

That's easy

*waves wand over Brian's face*

Ooops sorry - did I poke you in the eye? [Embarrassed]

[Killing me] [Killing me] [Angel]

--------------------

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

You just cannot get the staff these days. [Whispers] Who's line is it again?

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Excuse me, this IS a play, you know.. and I DO have to be in Bethlehem in time to meet Joseph and get changed for dinner at the Plaza. I've already administered first aid and it's a bit draughty hanging around here in this dress, so COULD WE GET A MOVE ON PLEASE?????

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
You just cannot get the staff these days. [Whispers] Who's line is it again?

Don't blame me sunshine - I'm only doing my bit to pad this out until the rest of the cast come back from the pub/lunch/bed

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Originally posted by Virgin Mary:
Excuse me, this IS a play, you know.. and I DO have to be in Bethlehem in time to meet Joseph and get changed for dinner at the Plaza. I've already administered first aid and it's a bit draughty hanging around here in this dress, so COULD WE GET A MOVE ON PLEASE?????

Call that first aid? You've blindfolded the guy not bandaged his cut.... [Help]

Don't be such a wingebag [Mad]

--------------------

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

In the absense of any better ideas how about we all get in the car again and go find Mary's accomodation? Where are you kipping up Fairy?

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
In the absense of any better ideas how about we all get in the car again and go find Mary's accomodation? Where are you kipping up Fairy?

The Plaza - nothing but the best for me

Hear it's mighty busy though - all this census business means rooms are now folly booked in this part of town

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Good idea, Brian. You're cleverer than you look.
Now, I am sure Joseph said the Plaza...
I wonder where that would be.
Look out for the biggest, poshest hotel in all of Bethlehem. He said nothing but the best for me! [Love]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

(Donkey wakes up in front of the Plaza) Now we're talkin'! This is more like it! (Donkey sits up grinning) as they pull up to the valets.

--------------------
aka Lady A

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

[Slaps donkey around the face]

You're still 5 miles from the plaza dumb beast ... well at least the concussion will wear off eventually.

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
[Slaps donkey around the face]

You're still 5 miles from the plaza dumb beast ... well at least the concussion will wear off eventually.

Don't think that's concussion mate - more like knocked out man [Wink]

--------------------

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

Thanks, I think [Paranoid] . (Looks around the back seat, finds some more brownies hiding under Joe's socks).

--------------------
aka Lady A

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

OK - everyone aboard, we're off to Bethlehem.

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
OK - everyone aboard, we're off to Bethlehem.

Thanks Brian

Now turn that music UP

--------------------

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

[Turns key]

[a chug, a chug, a chug, a chug, phat]

em ... we have a small problem.

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

At last!

Mary takes one last stretch and then manouevres herself back into the front seat of the Skoda, leaning over to scratch the donkey behind the ears again as a gesture of reconciliation, sweet girl that she is.

Take me to the Plaza!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016