homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 14: Flight to Egypt and Grand Finale (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 14: Flight to Egypt and Grand Finale
Sheep 1

Nativity Play
# 3671

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 1   Email Sheep 1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sheep 1 suddenly realises she's eaten ALL the Pringles (well, once you pop you just can't stop as they say). Gives Rudolph a satisfied smirking look.

Baaaaaaa.

*plop*

*Blimey that was fast-acting*

--------------------
Jack the Lass the Sheep (but you can call me Shaun)

Posts: 45 | From: a flippin' cold hillside outside Bethlehem | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

- Posted      Profile for Angel 1   Email Angel 1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Fairy Godmother:
quote:
Originally posted by Angel 1:
quote:
quote:
Oooh, Herod, I know where they are!

Do you want me to tell you?

A

Little sneak [Mad]
big pink blamange.

silly made up thing

person only given a part to keep her out of trouble

you want me to go on?

Jumped up little but of fluff

Thinks she's nasty just cos the goth angel lent her black eyelines and nail polish.

Couldn't hurt a fly - all mouth and no action

you wanna take this outside?

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Posts: 100 | From: Heaven/bethlehem/the angelic dressing room/on stage | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Director:
Deck the halls with boughs of holly... [Big Grin]

Enter a rather 'carolled- out' Director. She is starting to wish that she hadn't had that sixth mince pie.

'Tis the season to be jolly,
Tra-la lala laaa la la la [Frown] [Ultra confused] [Projectile]

*Detaches one of her many hip flasks and offers it to Director*

Hair of the dog?

Ta, Fairy Godmother!

Extracts crumpled paper bag full of leftover mincepies and quiche and offers it round.

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mother Mary:
All we'd need is for someone to babysit the babies.. and they don't need a lot of looking after - well, one of them doesn't, anyway, and we'd just not have to tell anyone about Lavinia, she looks sweet enough when she's asleep.

I'm waiting for it - in a minute she's going to ask me to kid sit.

Well I don't do kids, and I don't bibbity bobbity boo.

[Mad]

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

- Posted      Profile for Donkey   Email Donkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I like the double accomodations, see, a room for you and Joe, bunk cribs for the twins, and a stall for the donkey. But how are we going to get to the Nile?

--------------------
Little Beast of Burden....ha!
aka Lady A

Posts: 74 | From: 4WD The Swamp | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

- Posted      Profile for Mother Mary   Email Mother Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was wondering whether the Fairy Godmother might like to have some quality time with her Godchildren.... but then I remembered, that Sweet Henchman... you know, that nice Mr Herod's helper... he volunteered to help out if I needed a hand with the children. What do you think? I think he left his mobile number - shall I give him a ring?

--------------------
Over 500 posts? No wonder I am exhausted. Wake me in the spring, if you please.(Smudgie)

Posts: 203 | From: Escaped back to real life at last. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

- Posted      Profile for Angel 1   Email Angel 1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I was wondering whether the Fairy Godmother might like to have some quality time with her Godchildren.... but then I remembered, that Sweet Henchman... you know, that nice Mr Herod's helper... he volunteered to help out if I needed a hand with the children. What do you think? I think he left his mobile number - shall I give him a ring?

Yes Yes Yes!

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Posts: 100 | From: Heaven/bethlehem/the angelic dressing room/on stage | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

On second thoughts -

Maybe they would be safer with me. At least I could keep them entertained even if they aren't fed and changed.

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

- Posted      Profile for Donkey   Email Donkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, I felt he was a bit, how can I say, two-faced about it all? Nice on the outside, who knows on the inside, I think he said he was with Herod, and we all know what a piece of work he is!

--------------------
aka Lady A

Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

Yes Yes Yes!
No No No!

DON'T DO IT, Mary!

(Somebody's been rewriting the script here, and I intend to find out who). [Disappointed]

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

- Posted      Profile for Mother Mary   Email Mother Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mary goes across to pick up her mobile phone to ring the Sweet Henchman, but as she reaches is, it begins to ring

TXT FROM JOE

MARY
HAD DREAM
HEROD ON TAIL
BOOK FLIGHT 2 EGYPT
QUICK
WILL CATCH U UP
WHEN I GET OUT OF THE PU..
WHEN I FINISH THIS JOB.
LUV JOE

--------------------
Over 500 posts? No wonder I am exhausted. Wake me in the spring, if you please.(Smudgie)

Posts: 203 | From: Escaped back to real life at last. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes Yes Yes!
No No No!

DON'T DO IT, Mary!

(Somebody's been rewriting the script here, and I intend to find out who). [Disappointed]

There's a script?!

A

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Yes Yes Yes!

I hate yes people...

Stop sucking up to them you little twerp in a nightie.

It'll only make give them more feelings of their own self importance

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Will you look at that?
We're obviously made for each other, Joe and I [Love]
He has had the same thought as I did.
Book a flight to Egypt, he says.
Right... babysitter it is... we're off on honeymoon. Somebody make a start on the packing will you?

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Now, where could I find a cheap flight to Egypt?

--------------------

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

- Posted      Profile for A very naughty boy   Author's homepage   Email A very naughty boy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Knock, knock]

[shouts] Anybody at home?

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Posts: 92 | From: Somewhere else | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

quote:
quote:
Yes Yes Yes!

I hate yes people...

Stop sucking up to them you little twerp in a nightie.

It'll only make give them more feelings of their own self importance

Twerp? [Killing me]

Showing your age luv. [Snigger]

A

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

Right, I'll start with my suitcase, then Joe's, hay, wait a minute, you can't leave the babies here!! There'll be plenty of time for you two in Egypt, I'll make sure of that, I may even watch them for you, but remember to book me early, I have a feeling that big things will happen for me in Egypt!

--------------------
aka Lady A

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

quote:
Originally posted by A very naughty boy:
[Knock, knock]

[shouts] Anybody at home?

I recognise that voice!

Brian... how lovely to see you!!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

- Posted      Profile for A very naughty boy   Author's homepage   Email A very naughty boy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes ... lovely to see you too. First you abandon me, then I end up with 40 days and 40 nights hitch hiking across the desert. Kettle on?

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

[Embarrassed] Oh Brian, you were sleeping so sweetly, I hadn't the heart to wake you when Joseph turned up in the limo. Besides, he's not a man to be tangled with when he has his buzzsaw at the ready.

Here, have a coffee.

I was just going to book a flight to Egypt. Any ideas who does cheap flights from here to there? I would check on the internet, but it hasn't been invented yet.

--------------------

Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

- Posted      Profile for Evil Henchman   Email Evil Henchman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Jeep pulls up outside a house. Henchman and Legions jump down. Henchman knocks on the door.

Open up in the name of the King!

A little old woman gingerly opens the door. The Henchman pushes past her.

Any children/grandchildren in the house?

The woman shakes her head in fear. Henchman turns to the legions.

Search the place! Tear it apart!

--------------------
I've left my toasting fork with my alternate personality Sarkycow.

Posts: 118 | From: The Guardhouse | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

Brian, good to see ya! How's the car? Running by any chance?

--------------------
aka Lady A

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Right... babysitter it is... we're off on honeymoon. Somebody make a start on the packing will you?

On second thoughts - I think it's really bad for a child's psychological development for them to be away from their parents for more than a few hours whne so young - I mean just look at how Herod behaves nowadays...

Tell you what - I'll come with you and the little darlings (monsters) and that way I can top up my tan whilst being paid to nanny them.

--------------------

Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

quote:

I was just going to book a flight to Egypt. Any ideas who does cheap flights from here to there? I would check on the internet, but it hasn't been invented yet.

I could find one for you?!

A

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Looks curiously at Henchman and minions. Wonders if any of them brought any Pringles.

Baaaaaa?

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

quote:
quote:

A

Mother Mary - DON'T LISTEN TO HER!

--------------------
Miffy

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Twerp? [Killing me]

Showing your age luv. [Snigger]

I could say something stronger dear but this is a family show

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

I had thought of flying Virgin, what do you think?

--------------------

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

[Mad]

Can't a man enjoy visiting friends and having a cup of coffee. Mary, are you *sure* you paid your TV license?

[slips Baby Jesus under the table where he cannot be seen, and places mug of coffee on table [Wink] ]

Donkey, em ... I traded in my car for a 4 seater turbo prop. Thinking starting up an airline ...

Brianair [Big Grin]

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Gift of Gold

Nativity Play
# 3668

- Posted      Profile for Gift of Gold   Email Gift of Gold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ok, obviously mary you need more of a hint.

Hey MD cue Walk Like an Egyptian (again)

Gold gets up and does the old time Eygiptian walking like an Egyptian things in a circle around Mary, complete with hand movements and belly shake

Do you get it now? Or do we have to spell it out in words of one syllabil?
Cue dream for Joseph me thinks [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
the gold bar/ dancer formally known as Annie P.

Posts: 36 | From: fort nox | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Brianair? That rings a bell. Do you do cheap flights to Cairo, by any chance?

--------------------

Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

quote:
quote:
quote:

A

Mother Mary - DON'T LISTEN TO HER!
no-one ever does. [Frown]
A

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

If I can fill a plane I'll fly anywhere. You are responsible for all airport tax, insurance, onflight refreshments ...

You get the idea.

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

- Posted      Profile for Evil Henchman   Email Evil Henchman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Jeep pulls up alongside another house. There are soft toys in the window. Henchman doesn't bother knocking this time. She barges in, her sword drawn.

The stage goes black, and there are several screams, two infant-voices, and one woman sobbing violently.

The lights come up to see the Henchman leaving the house, wiping her sword.

Onto the next one, boys.

I can see this scene being replayed in years to come - a visitor going from house to house, all in one night, leaving little 'gifts' for all the little children...

Muhaha.

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

You don't take small children, do you?

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

(Ooops, I was talking to Brian, not the Sweet Henchman yet! [Embarrassed] )

--------------------

Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

quote:
You don't take small children, do you?

I do.

(On my way...)

--------------------

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

Small children can travel for a small supplement as long as they sit on a parents lap.

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

quote:
If I can fill a plane I'll fly anywhere. You are responsible for all airport tax, insurance, onflight refreshments ...

You get the idea.

Ahem!

<Consults script. Yells into wings...>

Calling Pilot, calling Pilot. Come in Pilot.

No answer

OK then...Will Mr S Pilot, last heard of in a small and rather doubtful bar down the road from the theatre, kindly contact the Directors of tHe SOF Nativity Play, NOW!

--------------------
Miffy

Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Henchman:
Jeep pulls up alongside another house. There are soft toys in the window. Henchman doesn't bother knocking this time. She barges in, her sword drawn.

The stage goes black, and there are several screams, two infant-voices, and one woman sobbing violently.

The lights come up to see the Henchman leaving the house, wiping her sword.

Onto the next one, boys.

I can see this scene being replayed in years to come - a visitor going from house to house, all in one night, leaving little 'gifts' for all the little children...

Muhaha.

he he he.

but it's not a proper evil laugh until you break the horizontal scroll.

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Continues looking out window at Jeep going around the neighborhood, seeing Henchman and minions running into houses with swords. Get's a bad feeling about this. Nose starts glowing.

Baaaaa! Baaaaaa!

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

quote:
Small children can travel for a small supplement as long as they sit on a parents lap.

But I am very slim, don't have much of a lap, look! Especially not in this lovely blue dress... don't you think it's rather slimming? Does a serene twirl I got it half price in.. ooops, sorry, digressing there a moment.

I meant to say, I don't know that I could fit both of them on my lap. Could one sit on yours?

--------------------

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

Well, Mary can hold Lavinia on her lap, and JC and I will take the other seat. Refreshments, we don't need 'em. The Pringles are all gone anyways... (looks at sheep)

--------------------
aka Lady A

Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

quote:
quote:

You get the idea.

Ahem!

<Consults script. Yells into wings...>

Calling Pilot, calling Pilot. Come in Pilot.

No answer

OK then...Will Mr S Pilot, last heard of in a small and rather doubtful bar down the road from the theatre, kindly contact the Directors of tHe SOF Nativity Play, NOW!

....where he will hear something to his advantage. [Snigger]

--------------------
Miffy

Pontius Pilot

Nativity Play
# 3700

- Posted      Profile for Pontius Pilot   Email Pontius Pilot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sitting slumped in a downtown Bethlehem bar, Capt. P. Pilot keys into his mobile...

CHAIRMAN BRIAN... JUST REFUELLNG PLANE FOR 2NITES FLIGHT 2 IBIZA. NO PASSENGERS SHOWD YET (AS USUAL). AW8 YR INSTRUXIONS. PONTIUS

--------------------
aka simon

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

Em ... only in an emergency.

In reality depends upon the fee.

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

Jeep pulls up alongside the inn

Innkeeper!

How many children do you have staying in your hotel?

The innkeeper breaks into a cold sweat. "Um... there're none actually in the hotel as such.", he replies.

Legions - search the inn. I'm off for a fag round the back of this cattle shed here.

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3 wanders in, looking for something to eat. Noses empty Pringles can.]

*baaaaaaaaaa*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

quote:
Em ... only in an emergency.

In reality depends upon the fee.

Fee? Hmmmmmm... is that negotiable?
There again, I notice Joseph only took his wallet to that carpenting job, he didn't take his credit card. American Express?

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016