homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 14: Flight to Egypt and Grand Finale (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 14: Flight to Egypt and Grand Finale
A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

- Posted      Profile for A very naughty boy   Author's homepage   Email A very naughty boy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mother Mary:
So, how quickly do you think you could get us there? And have you got room for the luggage?

Luggage will be no bother

%thinks% Just hope P Pilot know's what he's doing!

How do we get there ... em ... I would suggest the 44 from Jerusalem Road, every 7 minutes. Takes about 15 mins to get to the airport.

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Posts: 92 | From: Somewhere else | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by A very naughty boy:
[attempts to smother mobile as it rings away again] [Embarrassed]

[whispers across to Mary]

how many of you are flying?

Well, so far there seems to be the two children, the donkey, the fairy godmother, me and Jos... Looks round stable ..er.... you! Oh, and the luggage, of course.
Oh what a tangled web we weave...

Double tch! [Disappointed]

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Looks up at Mary, sadly.

What? No sheep?

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

- Posted      Profile for Black Angel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Turns to donkey and grins broadly.

We did good.

*double take* *splutter*

--------------------
Peronel, Black Angel and Typo Slayer extraordinaire...

Posts: 91 | From: Floating on a little black cloud | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
How do we get there ... em ... I would suggest the 44 from Jerusalem Road, every 7 minutes. Takes about 15 mins to get to the airport.

Not this time of day - rush hour

Get stuck at every traffic light if you're not careful.

And the 44 don't take double buggies

[ 22. December 2002, 23:27: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

- Posted      Profile for Mother Mary   Email Mother Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Bus? You're suggesting we go by bus? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Over 500 posts? No wonder I am exhausted. Wake me in the spring, if you please.(Smudgie)

Posts: 203 | From: Escaped back to real life at last. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gift of Gold

Nativity Play
# 3668

- Posted      Profile for Gift of Gold   Email Gift of Gold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
By this time Gold has made her way up to the whispering gallery and manovered along the lighting rig, gets in position and lets go

AAAARRRRRHHHH!!!

phew - gosh I got him - seem to have made quite an impression on Henchman's bottom.

11.5 stone of gold - that's a lot of gold [Snigger]

--------------------
the gold bar/ dancer formally known as Annie P.

Posts: 36 | From: fort nox | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
So, how quickly do you think you could get us there? And have you got room for the luggage?

Luggage will be no bother

%thinks% Just hope P Pilot know's what he's doing!

P the Pilot, can he fly it!

P the Pilot...YES HE CAN! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

- Posted      Profile for A very naughty boy   Author's homepage   Email A very naughty boy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Well, so far there seems to be the two children, the donkey, the fairy godmother, me and Jos... Looks round stable ..er.... you! Oh, and the luggage, of course.

4 seater including the Pilot ... hmmm ... the donkey could go as luggage for a very reasonable charge.

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

- Posted      Profile for Black Angel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Saunters into the shed, pauses for a moment to top-up her lipstick, then announces

I'm coming too. And the purple sheep.

Fairy Godmother, can't you do that finger-clicky thingy?

--------------------

Posts: 91 | From: Floating on a little black cloud | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

- Posted      Profile for Mother Mary   Email Mother Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep:
Looks up at Mary, sadly.

What? No sheep?

Mary looks at Rudolph. She has never been knowingly unkind to animals, sweet girl that she is.

You do carry livestock, don't you? Could you squeeze in a couple of sheep?

--------------------
Over 500 posts? No wonder I am exhausted. Wake me in the spring, if you please.(Smudgie)

Posts: 203 | From: Escaped back to real life at last. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Director:
P the Pilot, can he fly it!

P the Pilot...YES HE CAN! [Big Grin]

Methinks the Director's been overdoing the spirits yet again [Wink]

Another hip flask?

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pontius Pilot

Nativity Play
# 3700

- Posted      Profile for Pontius Pilot   Email Pontius Pilot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Meanwhile, at the 5-star King Herod Hotel on the outskirts of Bethlehem, Capt. Pilot has stopped his taxi to collect Miss Besom, Brian Air flight attendant, and her luggage. The taxi roars off again with them both in the back seat, heading for the airport.

--------------------
aka simon

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

quote:
Originally posted by Gift of Gold:
seem to have made quite an impression on Henchman's bottom.

Henchman left - are you stalking him?

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Originally posted by Black Angel:
Saunters into the shed, pauses for a moment to top-up her lipstick, then announces

I'm coming too. And the purple sheep.

Fairy Godmother, can't you do that finger-clicky thingy?

I don't click fingers - heels together maybe on a good day.

Could grant 3 wishes though

--------------------

Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

quote:
quote:

4 seater including the Pilot ... hmmm ... the donkey could go as luggage for a very reasonable charge.
What? Hold or hand luggage. Properties! Have you a tape measure handy? I'm not sure if Donkey fits the standard measurements for Brianair.

It is a cheap airline, after all. [Wink]

--------------------
Miffy

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

TXT 2 JOE

FLIGHT BOOKED
WAS GOING VIRGIN
BUT BRIAN IS HERE
OFF TO AIRPORT
C U THERE
IF U CAN TEAR URSLF AWAY

LUV MARY

--------------------

Gift of Gold

Nativity Play
# 3668

- Posted      Profile for Gift of Gold   Email Gift of Gold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
is there room for a gift of gold? after all I am a very special present for JC

--------------------

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

- Posted      Profile for Donkey   Email Donkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Donkey gets up out of the straw rubbing his butt) Ouch, that hurt! Everybody O.K.? I think she's gone!

--------------------
Little Beast of Burden....ha!
aka Lady A

Posts: 74 | From: 4WD The Swamp | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

Damn, I think everyone wants to come ... Fairy ... see that wish you owe me ... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Somehow I think you'll come in very handy, Gold. I'll try to persuade the pilot to accept Frankincense and Myrrh as payment instead... I hear aromatherapy is getting quite popular these days.

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Damn, I think everyone wants to come ... Fairy ... see that wish you owe me ... [Big Grin]

I did say didn't I - OK here goes

One luxury Lear jet seating all who want to come along for the ride coming up

*Waves wand*

*Airfix model jet falls onto stable floor*

Ooops - try again [Embarrassed]

OK that should be ready for Pilot P

NOW CAN YET GET A MOVE ON?

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
Could grant 3 wishes though
Perks up

Well, when you've got them sorted, any chance of you and me doing a little shopping? I know this lovely place...

Her nose wrinkles

On second thoughts, use that wish to make babies self-changing.

--------------------

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

- Posted      Profile for Donkey   Email Donkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(dragging suitcases into order for getting the heck out of there, mumbling to himself)
Boy, kicked in the line of fire and not even a "thank you" while the gold gets all the glory...

--------------------
aka Lady A

Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

- Posted      Profile for Evil Henchman   Email Evil Henchman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Jeep pulls up alongside a large building. Henchman gets out and reads the sign over the door.

"Bethlehem Day Nursery. For ages five and under."

Awww, what the hell, it is Christmas, after all.

Rumages around in the boot, and pulls out her trusty bazooka. Retreats to safe distance.

Ready... aim... fire!

The Day Nursery disappears into a pile of rubble.

And on we go!

The Henchman returns to the jeep, humming happily

#O little town of Bethlehem
How still we see thee lie
While soldiers march thy silent streets
And little boys all die
For in the dark streets shineth
The gleam of Herod's grin
He won’t be beaten by a baby;
He will stay the king.#

--------------------
I've left my toasting fork with my alternate personality Sarkycow.

Posts: 118 | From: The Guardhouse | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Narrator

Nativity Play
# 3680

- Posted      Profile for Narrator     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Angel 1:
There's a script?!

Do you mind! [Roll Eyes]

The writer never gets any credit. Now, what can I do to Angel 1 in the end-of-scene recap? [Two face]

--------------------
Chapelhead

Posts: 90 | From: Prompt corner | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

quote:
Originally posted by Fairy Godmother:

OK that should be ready for Pilot P

NOW CAN YET GET A MOVE ON?

For that wish ...

could I have,

a limo to the airport with ...

an appeltise for Mary, a double Scotch for me, a carrot juice for the donkey and whatever you want.

[ 22. December 2002, 23:31: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

quote:
Originally posted by Donkey:
(dragging suitcases into order for getting the heck out of there, mumbling to himself)
Boy, kicked in the line of fire and not even a "thank you" while the gold gets all the glory...

Mary, who had been looking in despair at the luggage, sees the devoted donkey hard at work. She smiles serenely and gratefully and stores up this thing in her heart. She fishes in her handbag and throws the donkey a carrot.

Oh Donkey, what would I do without you?
You're a sight more use than that other donkey, Joseph. Where is he when I need him?

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Brian, getting me a limo to the airport... now that would be a miracle!

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
quote:
There's a script?!
Do you mind!

The writer never gets any credit. Now, what can I do to Angel 1 in the end-of-scene recap?

Pats the director consolingly on the shoulder. Soothingly,

I'm sure it's a lovely script. But next time, it would help if you let the cast see it.

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
For that wish ...could I have,a limo to the airport with ...an appeltise for Mary, a double Scotch for me, a carrot juice for the donkey and whatever you want.

*Strech limo appears outside the stable - engine running. Chauffeur gets out and helps load luggae into boot along with donkey and sheep*

--------------------

Pontius Pilot

Nativity Play
# 3700

- Posted      Profile for Pontius Pilot   Email Pontius Pilot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Capt. Pilot stands on the tarmac scratching his head and looking at gleaming luxury Lear Jet on runway. To Miss Besom:

Blimey! And I thought we were in the crappy old Cessna four-seater tonight. C'mon, hon... we've just time for a quick bite to eat. I could eat a horse. Or even a pantomime donkey.

--------------------
aka simon

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Once more the action (action?) is interrupted by the ringing of Mary's mobile

TXT 2 MARY

GO ON WITHOUT ME
I WILL CATCH UP

LUV JOE

--------------------

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

Right - everyone into the car - lets go.

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

Ah, Mary, thanks! [Embarrassed] (munches carrot down in two swallows, gets the luggage already for loading into the plane, various toys, mangers, assorted sheep, drinks)
My wish is your command, well, in so far as a donkey can do it!

--------------------
aka Lady A

Gift of Gold

Nativity Play
# 3668

quote:
Originally posted by Donkey:

but of course! [Big Grin]
Would you like a dance Donkey - maybe that will make you feel better...

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

Black Angel runs out to the limo, jumps in and starts bouncing up and down on the leather seats. She explores every button: The windows go up and down; the seats start warming and the radio switches to something with a really obnoxious beat. Leaning back she announces,

Class.

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Mary serenely races to the car, carrying a baby in each arm. She smiles sweetly at Brian, in the hope that he will bring the rest of the luggage and squeeze it into the boot for her

Egypt, here we come! [Big Grin]

--------------------

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

Leaves luggage for the Chauffeur and closely follows Mary into the limo [Wink]

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

- Posted      Profile for Evil Henchman   Email Evil Henchman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Now where next?

glances at alpha to omega

According to my map, lots of children live on the main route to Bethlehem Royal Airport.

Turns jeep around and heads off in the direction of the airport.

--------------------
I've left my toasting fork with my alternate personality Sarkycow.

Posts: 118 | From: The Guardhouse | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

*Nips into Limo and makes a start on the ready stocked bar*

Champagne anyone - we need to wet the babies heads so to speak [Big Grin]

--------------------

Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Chief Shepherd   Email Deputy Chief Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mary glances at limo driver, thinks she recogises him from somewhere. It's the stripy tea towel and ferret-like looks... [Confused]

--------------------
Yes, I'm a madferret. And that's my own teatowel.

Posts: 115 | From: seated on the ground | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

(Donkey looks around Bethlehem)
Mary, I need to go, there's a cute little four hooved thing here, says she just can't live without me, maybe I'll catch up with you all later?
Tell Joe 'Hi!" when you see him, yu' all take care on that trip heh?
Donkey gets out of limo, and waves goodbye...

--------------------
aka Lady A

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Hold on... I've forgotten my mobile....

Mary runs serenely back into the stable, places the babies down on the hay, and ferret's about to find her mobile. Eventually she finds where she put it down in the manger. She spots her copy of Pride and Prejudice under the manger too, and frantically stuffs it into her pocket. She picks up the baby Jesus and runs back out to the limo.. there isn't a moment to waste!

Wait for us!

--------------------

Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Chief Shepherd   Email Deputy Chief Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Where to, folks. Going on holiday are we?

Been a lousy day today.

Are the sheep coming?

--------------------
Yes, I'm a madferret. And that's my own teatowel.

Posts: 115 | From: seated on the ground | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

Chauffeur finishes loading luggage and gets in drivers seat, Limo speeds off towards Bethlehem "Gatwick".

Terminal 5 driver. Take your time.

[note to Director: cast a Limo driver next year [Wink] ]

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Herod

Nativity Play
# 3649

- Posted      Profile for Herod   Author's homepage   Email Herod   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
<Meanwhile, back in the Palace>

You know, I don't feel very well Cough. I think I'm coming down with a cold or something.

Cough, cough

--------------------
#I'm Herod the Great, I am, I am.#

Stoo

Posts: 159 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wardrobe

Nativity Play
# 3675

- Posted      Profile for Wardrobe   Email Wardrobe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Note to actors: before leaving the theater, please toss your costumes in one of these bins. The gray is for normally soiled items, the red bin with the biohazard waste symbol is for the really gross stuff soiled with sheep plop, shepherd barf, and the like. Your pay will be docked for the cost of any items not returned by close of business Monday.

Thank you.

--------------------
Eanswyth, the Queen of Costume

Posts: 21 | From: Spare room in the Professor's house | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Henchman:
Jeep pulls up alongside a large building. Henchman gets out and reads the sign over the door.

"Bethlehem Day Nursery. For ages five and under."

Awww, what the hell, it is Christmas, after all.

Rumages around in the boot, and pulls out her trusty bazooka. Retreats to safe distance.

Ready... aim... fire!

The Day Nursery disappears into a pile of rubble.

Glances out of the window and spots the smoke rising from the pile of rubble somewhere in the distance. Murmuring sadly to herself,

I told them fear. I told them there would be doom, and gloom, and untold suffering. I tried to warn them.

But no. Angel 4 would be all happy clappy. And as for that Gabriel. A few Thrones short of a Domination, if you ask me.

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Fairy Godmother, as I am so slim and you are so.... well, er, you need room to stretch your legs, I'm sure. You can go in the front!

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016