homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Praise and Thanksgiving 2014 (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Praise and Thanksgiving 2014
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks be for the safe arrival of my new grand-nephew. Even though he came a early, he's healthy and well. And gosh-darned cute. [Axe murder]

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations, Great-Auntie Meg! [Yipee]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
At dinner tonight, the Offspring and his wife, Squeeze, mentioned that the Ship prolly didn't know that they have reproduced. Their daughter was born August 9. The family are staying at Mrs. tomb's and my B&B Lodge for a few weeks so we can feed them and fuss over them, and stuff like that.

Daughter doesn't have a Shipname yet. I might suggest "Emesis."

Baby's getting baptized the same weekend the Offspring and Squeeze are solemnizing their marriage in Church in September.

A Good Time Will Be Had by All.

PM me on the Ship if you're local to Denver and want to attend the festivities, and I'll send you particulars. You can also contact me through Facebook if you've sussed out my alter-ego.

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Awesome, congratulations, and OMG it's so good to see you on the Ship again! I just came back myself a few weeks ago.

[Axe murder]

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations, Tomb (and welcome back)! [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks be to God for old friends! And getting to visit with my niece and her little girls. And seeing two more nieces with family was serendipitous. And my visited niece received (finally) funds for assistance with her Aspergers and autistic daughters. Not to mention the bubbly, busy 5-years old. A new service dog and another empathic rescue dog, who has learnt a lot of service tricks over the last few months. She will undergo training to be a PTSD dog - she's already good at it!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That is good Pete. I think of Georgie-Porgy as a PTSD cat as she's definitely helped me through the quakes and their aftermath.

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today I am 50

So, today, I will drink coffee,

today, I will watch my cats sleep

today, I will read a newspaper

today, I will stand in a line waiting for a bus

today, I will smile

(well, also today I will go to the Ex, have chocolate chicken and watch TFC)

today, I will text my wife while she works

today, I will look up at sky to see some birds

today, I will live.

To all the people on here who have profoundly affected my faith, thank you for the role you have played so far.

[Votive] for the saints on here who have gone before

Micah 6:8

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am so so grateful, Lord, for the bountiful gift received just when I needed it most.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Axe murder] Happy Birthday Og!! [Yipee]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Many happy returns, Og! [Yipee]

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy birthday!!

--------------------

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praise be for wise advice and patient listening. [Yipee] and also [Overused]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The unpleasant situation I asked for prayer for, at a nearby church - well, it's on its way to being resolved! Hallelujah, and thank you Lord!

the Exceedingly Grateful Mrs. S [Overused]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

- Posted      Profile for ElaineC   Email ElaineC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today Mr C and I give thanks for 40 years of marriage.
We were spoilt at Church this morning with presents and cards. We will be spending a few days in Venice and our daughters have bought us tickets to hear Vivaldi's Four Seasons while we are there.

--------------------
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. John Erskine

Posts: 464 | From: Orpington, Kent, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations Mr & Mrs C! [Axe murder] [Yipee]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations Mr & Mrs C! We celebrated our 35th recently.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I didn't really want to spend the day trying to get the upstairs shower working again. I didn't really want to have to drill out rusted screws. I didn't really want to have to make do with the best-fit part from the plumbers' merchant and hope that it would work. Neither did I want to have to scavenge a new screw from a box of electrical fittings and hope that it would fit the old tap onto the new valve.

However, that's how I spent my day. And now that I'm done, the upstairs shower now works again, and better than it did before. My work here is done. [Cool]

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Welcome back Doc Tor! You've been away nearly three weeks. Has it taken that long to fix a shower?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, I went to the World Science Fiction Convention in London, then was a pre-festival steward at Greenbelt, then at Greenbelt, then at my parents, then finally home yesterday.

Something else for thanksgiving. Living in a tent, on my own, for five days. I could make a habit of it.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

For Labor Day, and for those union people who worked and fought, and sometimes gave their lives, that human labor might be treated better than otherwise.

[Overused] [Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Congratulations Elaine and Mr. C.! [Smile]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've had several people of my family staying with me in my home, and it has been nice, and one has done much cleaning all in my places! [Overused] [Yipee]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And today one family fixed and got it back on, "Firefox", which stopped being one! thank you, God! [Overused]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Most of today was pain-free, for the first time in yonks. I woke up in disbelief when I felt my muscles stretch and no pain. [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'd been ringing my elderly mother every day for over a week - after 27 unanswered phone calls I sent her a postcard asking her to ring me on receipt. I'm delighted to say she rang me straightaway, and so no need to ask the neighbours to go round in the first instance.

It's not the first time I've had to send a postcard, and it probably won't be the last, but I always worry none the less.

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My husband's friend G, who had a bike accident while they were on holiday, three months ago, went home from hospital today.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Visited father in law today. His garden is transformed! So relieved he now has a regular, reliable gardener, and he found him himself.
We could spend the visit talking and catching up with him (oh, and cleaning the loo) instead of battling weeds.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I did my tax! [Big Grin]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Zoey

Broken idealist
# 11152

- Posted      Profile for Zoey   Email Zoey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Giving thanks for a lovely GP.

--------------------
Pay no mind, I'm doing fine, I'm breathing on my own.

Posts: 3095 | From: the penultimate stop? | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A full year since the end of the cancer treatment, and down to six monthly social calls with the oncologist. Thank God for the gift of all those healing hands.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praise and thanksgiving for the craft and social group I go to each Wednesday, which has started a healing process with my depression, anxiety and panic attacks.

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praise and Thanks for the Magnificat at today's Evensong (Morley, First Service) - it was so beautiful I was nearly crying [Angel]

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
YaY internet and phone finally connected and running [Yipee] (probably also to the relief of all who are sick of my repetitive TICTH posts about Vodaphone in Hell).

No more dinosaur dial-up. (My nephew's term for it).

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My daughter, a captain in the US Army, returned today to the US from a nine-month tour in Afghanistan. She is now on her way to her home in Tennessee.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

[Overused] for all of these [Smile]

Cubby is starting to feel better!

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay! [Yipee]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
When Miss M, my granddaughter, was diagnosed with leukaemia at the very beginning of the year, she was really ill. She is making progress in treatment and is on a maintenance dose for most of the next two years. Hair is beginning to slowly return.

Tomorrow is her tenth birthday! I am very grateful. [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
When Miss M, my granddaughter, was diagnosed with leukaemia at the very beginning of the year, she was really ill. She is making progress in treatment and is on a maintenance dose for most of the next two years. Hair is beginning to slowly return.

Tomorrow is her tenth birthday! I am very grateful. [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

Great news [Smile]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Excellent news about Cubby and Miss M. [Yipee]

And my job contract's been extended until Christmas, and possibly beyond - further [Yipee]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wonderful news Lothlorien. Happy birthday to Miss M.

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Very relieved and thankful that having left our laptop to dry out for four days after the gin and tonic spill on it I turned it on today and it seems to be working ok!
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have recently become a Great-Uncle for the 9th time! I have also become an Honorary Great Uncle to the daughter of a young woman from our village.

All doing well.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I have recently become a Great-Uncle for the 9th time! I have also become an Honorary Great Uncle to the daughter of a young woman from our village.

All doing well.

And I am a great aunt!
My niece had a baby boy today after a protracted labour and a C section.
He is 8lbs 7oz which is big for our family. [Smile]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Congratulations Great-uncle Wodders and Great-auntie TB! [Yipee]

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks be to God for a wonderful weekend. Two nights in a hotel with husband and autistic son could have been a disaster but wasn't (son slept beautifully for a change) Sponsored walk for National Autistic Society could have resulted in meltdown from son due to so many small children but he really enjoyed it. And finally the afternoon at ThomasLand was just fantastic fun.
God really looks after us!

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My heart catherization last week showed no blockages, or problems, thanks be to God. But it wasn't the easy and no-discomfort thing I was told it would be. I think someone forgot to give me the knock-out drops!

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

My friend is out of jail!!

Another friend's infant nephew is off of chemo at last!!

[Overused] [Overused]

--------------------

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

I'm now the same weight as I was when I was 25.

Slightly different shape, but hey... [Biased]

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My three-years-and a half great-great niece visited me and it was such a pleasure to meet her and play with her. I got a blown kiss at the end of the evening from a very tired little girl.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016