homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » It's nearly Christmas, so sign up to Secret Santa! (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: It's nearly Christmas, so sign up to Secret Santa!
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My Secret Santa is still a no show.. [Tear]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nothing here yet. [Waterworks]

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Nibbles nails and worries about package sent.)

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OMG OMG OMG My Secret Santa ROCKS! I can't begin to list all the funny and personalized items, but ... it's almost like Santa was reading my posts, or, maybe knew a little bit about me. "[S]He sees you when you're sleeping, [s]he knows when you're awake...."

Thank you, Secret Santa. And thank you again, St G, for taking this on!

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

- Posted      Profile for sophs   Author's homepage   Email sophs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My Santa sent me a wonderful gift and lovely card, thank you so so much.

Ive been utterly crap this year and failed to send my santee a a gift. I've spoken to st g, and if I can get out to post I will but a combination of baby and illness has not been helpful.

I'm so sorry. [Waterworks]

Posts: 5407 | From: searching saharas of sorrow | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The most inmportant thing is to get well, Sophs. [Votive]

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is anyone willing to act as a stand in Santa for a British Santee whose gift is still on Santa's sleigh somewhere over the Atlantic?

--------------------

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy to act as a stand in Santa, although unlikely to get anything in the post until the end of next week. Also, my sabre sent me a bulb which is flowering already - thank you!
Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
sabre. I mean Santa. Don't type on an iPhone when you're tired and its nighttime...
Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I also can be a stand in santa if you need more than one

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, now....

I have received a rather random parcel which I wasn't expecting. It was sent to me in Glasgow, addressed to a Dr White and came from E. London, from a female with a double-barrelled surname.

Is this, by any chance, a secret Santa that has kind of gone astray and soemone has just seen "Secret Santa" in their PM box from a prevoius year or something?

It's the only way I can think of that a random parcel addressed to a name that doesn't live here and hasn't in recent memory but clearly my address might turn up (other than plain wrong address). Otherwise it's going back to sender - well original addressee on the jiffy bag - with not known at this address.

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I will happily stand in as an additional santa if required

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

Many thanks to those who have offered to be stand in Santas. I will pm you if necessary. [Overused]

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

Stand in Santas have been arranged for those whose gifts from Santa have been eaten by the reindeer.

--------------------

Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
All people have the right to stupidity but some abuse the privilege" *
So says my gift from Santa, received today. Plus a very nice little pendant olive wood cross.

Thank you, Santa (& St G)!

Q.

*The donor suggests that this could be a hostly imprecation [Eek!]

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Emendator Liturgia
Shipmate
# 17245

- Posted      Profile for Emendator Liturgia   Author's homepage   Email Emendator Liturgia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thankings galore to my stand-in Secret Santa for the hot presents received yesterday: a nice local art (I'm guessing) cross for Easter, two packets of peanut brittle with chilli, and a block of dark chocolate and truffles, again with chilli.

I made the mistake of leaving out the sweets and seems like the household found them before I had a chance to even open a packet - well, at least I've had some of each (a remarkable feat in this household at times).

Again, appreciative thanks to my American stand-in Secret Santa.

--------------------
Don't judge all Anglicans in Sydney by prevailing Diocesan standards!

Posts: 401 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

Yay! Which just leaves Motherboard and Jane R, both of whom had stand in Santas who have sent gifts. Don't you just love the postal service?? [Mad]

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
...though on a more positive note, it does mean Christmas lasts longer this year. I still haven't had anything, but I'm looking forward to seeing what my stand-in Santa has sent me!
Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reporting in to announce the arrival of my much-delayed parcel, and to say thank you to my stand-in Santa. How did you guess that I have a weakness for brightly coloured socks and chocolate? [Yipee] [Axe murder]
Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reporting that a small package from a little sweetie. It arrived with a lovely note, sun catcher and page holder.
As a reader, I love book markers. The beautiful Tiffany sun catcher is very colorful and going in my window today.

Thanks so much for thinking of me.... [Axe murder]

Motherboard

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

I think that means that everyone has had a gift. Many thanks to the stand in Santas who've helped this to happen. [Overused]
So, Secret Santa is closed until September, but watch out for the Paschal Penguin meanwhile!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Paging Smudgie! Paging Smudgie!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016