homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Glory   » Erin: Jason breaks the news (Page 9)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Erin: Jason breaks the news
ephemera
Shipmate
# 13355

- Posted      Profile for ephemera     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
i have absolutely no words.
this is so very sad.

--------------------
A cool small evening shrunk to a dog bark and the clank of a bucket -
And you listening. T. Hughes

Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sabine:
Whenever I saw Erin's avatar, I clicked on the post, no matter the thread--even the one's I wasn't interested in.

Exactly.
[Votive]

--------------------
Erin & Friend; Been there, done that; Ruth musical

Posts: 6263 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I signed too but put city name and state here and left the last bit empty. No problems.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Johnny S
Shipmate
# 12581

- Posted      Profile for Johnny S   Email Johnny S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry to hear this.

[Votive]

(Just back from holiday.)

Posts: 6834 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lolly

Ship's Lollygagger
# 13347

- Posted      Profile for Lolly   Email Lolly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lynn MagdalenCollege:
quote:
Whenever I saw Erin's avatar, I clicked on the post, no matter the thread--even the one's I wasn't interested in.

Exactly.
[Votive]

and sat up a little straighter and took note.

--------------------
And draw us near and bind us tight
all your children here in their rags of light - LC

Posts: 179 | From: East of the Sun, West of the Moon | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Erin touched so many people's lives across the globe, across all time zones.

The loss to the online community is immense, as would be the loss to her own family.

[Votive]

--------------------
" Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jemima the 9th
Shipmate
# 15106

- Posted      Profile for Jemima the 9th     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hadn't strayed into Erin's path in the short time I've been here, but I loved reading what she had to say. I was usually slightly awe-struck, sometimes slightly afraid, and often giggling.
Lord please comfort her family, and those who knew and loved her well. [Votive]

Posts: 801 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
WhyNotSmile
Shipmate
# 14126

- Posted      Profile for WhyNotSmile   Author's homepage   Email WhyNotSmile   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is really sad news. Thoughts and prayers are with everyone who loved her.

--------------------
Come visit:
http://why-not-smile.blogspot.com
- you're always glad you came

Posts: 528 | From: Belfast | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Masha
Shipmate
# 10098

- Posted      Profile for Masha   Email Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is tragic.

Even though I don't post often and didn't know her I cried when I read the op. Clearly I'm a fluffy bunny.

I always loved reading her posts, a wise and witty woman.

[Votive] Prayers for all who knew and loved her.

Nunzia

Shipmate
# 4766

- Posted      Profile for Nunzia   Email Nunzia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another mourner who didn't even know Erin. Can't add much more to what people have already said about her wit, her warmth and her savage love and care for this Ship.

Like othere, I keep hoping this is a sick joke. Like, when there are enough donations in her memory to the Floating Fund, she'll post, "Allright, I can get up again. we're finally n the black, you cheap bastards"

Bye, Dear Erin. Stay Restless in Peace

Nunzia
Cheap bastard

--------------------
----- ---------. ---- - ---- ----.

Posts: 1903 | From: Crazy-glued to the ledge | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

- Posted      Profile for Teufelchen   Email Teufelchen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rest in Peace, Erin.

I was shocked to hear the news. She'll be very much missed.

--------------------
Little devil

Posts: 3894 | From: London area | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Queen Mousie
Shipmate
# 9925

- Posted      Profile for Queen Mousie   Email Queen Mousie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 167 | From: On a clear day you can see L.A. L.A. Land | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

- Posted      Profile for ChrisT   Author's homepage   Email ChrisT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rest in peace, Erin. You will be missed by many. [Votive]

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Posts: 6489 | From: Here, there and everywhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
just off a plane - Scots Lass texted me to tell me.

Shocked.

[Votive]

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Paige
Shipmate
# 2261

- Posted      Profile for Paige   Email Paige   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Malaveque alerted me to the news. I haven't posted in yonks, but I do pop in every so often. I can't even imagine the Ship without Erin...

[Votive] for Erin and all who love her

Posts: 886 | From: Sweet Tea Land, USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lynn MagdalenCollege:
quote:

Exactly.
[Votive]

Yep, me too. In fact, I was reading all her old posts yesterday and had to stop because I was getting weepy...weepy for a person I never even knew...she was brilliant, though.

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know, I can't see Erin resting. My brain won't bend that way.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Horseman Bree
Shipmate
# 5290

- Posted      Profile for Horseman Bree   Email Horseman Bree   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Like Masha, I cried when I read the news.

I was rarely so much as nipped by the gator, but I respected her for her posting and for her fervour for the Ship, a place definitely molded by her.

This does emphasise how a community can develop on line, with very rare physical meetings. I hope we can keep the style going.

--------------------
It's Not That Simple

Posts: 5372 | From: more herring choker than bluenose | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Socratic-enigma
Shipmate
# 12074

- Posted      Profile for Socratic-enigma     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

Someone who would call a spade, “a bloody shovel!”

Who did not suffer fools (the ultimate irony)

and is and will be, very sadly missed.

I don’t know if anyone else has suggested it:

a fitting tribute would be to permanently change the Ship’s logo to include a smiling alligator in the water

S-E

--------------------
"Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office than to serve and obey them."
David Hume

Posts: 817 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
infinite_monkey
Shipmate
# 11333

- Posted      Profile for infinite_monkey   Email infinite_monkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I love that idea.

--------------------
His light was lifted just above the Law,
And now we have to live with what we did with what we saw.

--Dar Williams, And a God Descended
Obligatory Blog Flog: www.otherteacher.wordpress.com

Posts: 1423 | From: left coast united states | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Socratic-enigma:

a fitting tribute would be to permanently change the Ship’s logo to include a smiling alligator in the water

S-E

Dude! [Overused]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
quote:

S-E

Dude! [Overused]
Bloody brilliant. I hope it can be done.

And simon's new strapline had me tearing up - again.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tomb:
Erin annoyed the hell out of me on many occasions, but she was the rudder of the Ship.

Tomb said what I was thinking.

The Ship would not have been the same without her. I logon rarely these days so this comes a bit late. My sympathies to her family.

Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Storm
Apprentice
# 878

- Posted      Profile for Storm   Email Storm   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm almost entirely a lurker, but I've been lurking on the ship on and off for many years now and I feel this as a loss.

Deepest sympathy to Jason and all shipmates who knew Erin better than I did. May she rest in peace and rise in glory. [Votive]

Posts: 18 | From: a place called vertigo | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lady R of Ashwood
Shipmate
# 4788

- Posted      Profile for Lady R of Ashwood   Email Lady R of Ashwood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
TeaGnome told me that my long shore absence needed breaking for some key news. I wish this had not been the news in question.

[Votive] [Votive] Erin [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Are you kidding? Fencing. Fighting. Torture. Rev***e. Giants. Monsters. Chases. Escapes. True love. Miracles.

Posts: 420 | From: Glasgow | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I've been thinking it might be fitting to create a gator smilie for chomping down on asshat postings in the future. Maybe admin use only. I could picture it running across the bottom of the planking post in the same way pacman chomps across the screen -'cept it would be green and have teeth....

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hope heaven's ready

RIP Erin
[Votive]

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Full Circle
Shipmate
# 15398

- Posted      Profile for Full Circle     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Beware the monocausal fallacy (Anon)

Posts: 232 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Benedictus
Shipmate
# 1215

- Posted      Profile for Benedictus   Email Benedictus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I found an alligator water pistol that I got a while back. Somehow I always thought I'd send it to her some time. No rush, right? Plenty of time. I'd get around to it.

Get in touch with somebody you've been meaning to.

--------------------
Resentment: Me drinking poison and expecting them to die

Posts: 1378 | From: Hertfordshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

S-E

Brilliant!

I'd been wondering if a new mug could be added to the collection - just the avatar and date (with possibly a small troll-muncher round the back).

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
holly

Mine's a double
# 689

- Posted      Profile for holly   Author's homepage   Email holly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Myself & Jono found out last week that an old friend of Jono's died the day before Erin of a similar thing, he was only 48. So even though we didnt know Erin it still adds to the grief we are feeling. I havnt been on the ship for years now apart from the occasion look in but when i think of the ship i always think of Erin and now even more so.

RIP Erin [Votive]

Holly & JonoT xxx

--------------------
If i had a million dollars. Id buy you some art (a Picasso or a Garfunkel)

Posts: 733 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scots lass
Shipmate
# 2699

- Posted      Profile for Scots lass   Email Scots lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I read this forum an awful lot more than I post, and have been doing so for a long time. I've always been impressed by a lot of people here, but especially Erin. I kind of wanted to be that articulate myself and a post by her on a thread always made me read it. It's very hard to believe there won't be any more posts.
Posts: 863 | From: the diaspora | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Arabella Purity Winterbottom

Trumpeting hope
# 3434

- Posted      Profile for Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Email Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The only conversation I ever had with Erin was one of the two times I have signed into the cafe. She was in the middle of a miserable Florida winter, and it was blistering hot here in NZ. I didn't like the heat, she didn't like the cold, and we spent a happy half hour working out how to swap places.

It changed my entire picture of her. I hope she's in a warm heaven.

--------------------
Hell is full of the talented and Heaven is full of the energetic. St Jane Frances de Chantal

Posts: 3702 | From: Aotearoa, New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just found out about 15 minutes ago. Posted my thoughts over on the new Erin board.

My prayers to her family and friends and shipmates. [Votive]

--------------------
Siegfried
Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I no longer read/post here, but hearing about Erin's untimely death through others [thank you], I had to come back to say, to pray, "May her memory be eternal!"; and to say my love, thoughts and prayers are with Erin's family and friends.

I do not recall crossing swords with her [lucky me; I couldn't go against that wit!]; or many threads we posted on together: though one to do with apartments and toilet paper comes to mind! [Help] And from her I first heard about G&B's Maya Gold -- which I will get tonight in memory of her.

What I do remember is someone who gave their all for this wonderful community. She was an amazing individual: and this place, this world, will not be the same without her. Memory Eternal Erin!

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes re adding a gator to the logo, and a definite yes re the mug. I'd been thinking of the latter.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Benedictus:
I found an alligator water pistol that I got a while back. Somehow I always thought I'd send it to her some time. No rush, right? Plenty of time. I'd get around to it.

Get in touch with somebody you've been meaning to.

Yes, I'd been thinking of pointing her to Taize' prayer services. She wanted to be Catholic, but felt she couldn't. Taize' is ecumenical, but close enough to RC practice that it could fill in the gap a bit.

Was just now thinking of the "Simpsons" episode where Homer and the kids become Catholic, and Marge is still Episcopalian, and all of them die and go to heaven.

M is sipping tea in a very proper, white (IIRC), uptight heaven. H and the kids are in RC heaven...and *everyone* is dancing Riverdance! M eventually joins them.
[Yipee]

(Stereotypes courtesy of the show, not me.)

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Saviour Tortoise
Shipmate
# 4660

- Posted      Profile for Saviour Tortoise   Author's homepage   Email Saviour Tortoise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Saw last night.

I've mainly lurked recently, not posted much. An Erin post was always something to click on. Incisive, intelligent, often cutting, often thought provoking, usually entertaining.

She'll be missed here, and I cannot begin to imagine how her friends and family "in real life" will come to terms with the loss of someone so full of life.

[Votive]

--------------------
Baptised not Lobotomised

Posts: 745 | From: Bath, UK | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Possibly better than the conventional iconography for the blessed dead - though that would be a nice puzzle for future archaeologists -

Professor, what does it mean, a ship with above a winged alligator playing a harp?

They were stoned?

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
quote:

Possibly better than the conventional iconography for the blessed dead - though that would be a nice puzzle for future archaeologists -

Professor, what does it mean, a ship with above a winged alligator playing a harp?

They were stoned?

No. From reading elsewhere I believe it means they were planked.

Gosh, am I going to miss her. [Votive]

[ 08. January 2011, 13:50: Message edited by: Sioni Sais ]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
bush baptist
Shipmate
# 12306

- Posted      Profile for bush baptist     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was told about this by two people not even on the Ship -- Erin's personality and energy had impact to those who have never joined here or posted here. And for the Ship itself, of course, a huge loss.

[Votive] that she is right now beholding and living in the glory and mystery.

[Votive] for Erin's family and all who loved her. For those grappling with how to make the post-Erin Ship run.

Posts: 1784 | From: drought-stricken land | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just heard this news, having come back from a short holiday break. It's unbelievable and dreadful news. Like others here, I, too, had had the occasional PM which encouraged me.

I add my prayers and condolences for Erin's family and friends.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Qupe
Shipmate
# 12388

- Posted      Profile for Qupe   Email Qupe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So very sorry to hear about Erin's passing.

--------------------
'Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.'

Posts: 802 | From: Down the road from the chocolate factory | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At the NoCal meet this afternoon we talked about black armbands, and we were a bit uncomfortable with those.

The image did flash through my head of a black 'gator armband. Perhaps swallowing its own tail -- the Gator Ouroboros? I think Erin would have chuckled.

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Living in Gin

Liturgical Pyromaniac
# 2572

- Posted      Profile for Living in Gin   Email Living in Gin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's pretty rare for me to log into the Ship these days, and I just now came across the news of Erin's passing. Words fail. :-(

Prayers for her family and loved ones, and for all those here on the Ship and elsewhere who are mourning. [Votive]

--------------------
It's all fun and games until somebody gets burned at the stake.

Posts: 1893 | From: Cincinnati, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
lapsed heathen

Hurler on the ditch
# 4403

- Posted      Profile for lapsed heathen   Email lapsed heathen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Lord, I haven't been around much this past while and when I check in, the news is shocking.
Can hardly belive it.
All the tributes on the ship show how much a virtual comunity can be pretty real whare it matters, in the heart.

May she sit at the right hand of God.
Sympathies to all family and friends.

--------------------
"We are the Easter people and our song is Alleluia"

Posts: 1361 | From: Marble county | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lapsed heathen:

I think that place has already been taken!
Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by leo:
quote:
Originally posted by lapsed heathen:

I think that place has already been taken!
But a gentlemen always offers his seat to a lady. [Biased]

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Especially after she shows her full set of 'gator teeth, accompanied by a few words of down-home plain talk.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Melangell
Shipmate
# 4023

- Posted      Profile for Melangell   Email Melangell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Unbelievable news. Others have expressed far better than I can, how very much she will be missed on the Ship.

Condolences to Jason and to all of Erin's family.

--------------------
Gwnewch y pethau bychein (Dewi Sant)
Do the little things (Saint David)

Posts: 367 | From: A bit of Wales in Surrey | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016