homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Eccles: Papal Coronation / MW 1008: Papal Coronation (Page 0)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Eccles: Papal Coronation / MW 1008: Papal Coronation
St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

- Posted      Profile for St. Punk the Pious   Author's homepage   Email St. Punk the Pious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There aren't that many Greek Catholics around, are they? Are they about as common as Italian Presbyterians? Maybe that's why they had trouble finding any who could chant or sing.

--------------------
The Society of St. Pius *
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Posts: 4161 | From: Choral Evensong | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead*

Ship’s Photographer
# 1143

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stbruno:
Was it just me or did the litany end with an appeal to St Benedict?

You are correct, it did.

--------------------
Benedikt Gott Geschickt!

Posts: 7082 | From: Turbolift Control. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Archimandrite
Shipmate
# 3997

- Posted      Profile for Archimandrite   Author's homepage   Email Archimandrite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I say, is His Holiness's brother wearing a mantelletta?
Posts: 1580 | From: Oxford | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ogre
Shipmate
# 4601

- Posted      Profile for Ogre   Author's homepage         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A nice photo: and very interesting. Has His Holiness Pope Bendict XVI's brother Fr Georg Ratzinger been bumped up to Protonotary Apostolic within the past week; or has he been a Monsignor for some time? I gather he was an eminent musican and priest, being Director of Music at Regensberg Cathedral for thirty years (1964-94). [Votive]

--------------------
Pete Ergo Religionem

['Therefore Seek a Way of Life']

Posts: 480 | From: West Midlands, UK | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pre-cambrian
Shipmate
# 2055

- Posted      Profile for Pre-cambrian   Email Pre-cambrian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My understanding is that St John Lateran is still the cathedral of Rome. Does anyone know if popes still get enthroned there, and if there are any plans for Benedict XVI?

--------------------
"We cannot leave the appointment of Bishops to the Holy Ghost, because no one is confident that the Holy Ghost would understand what makes a good Church of England bishop."

Posts: 2314 | From: Croydon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Archimandrite
Shipmate
# 3997

- Posted      Profile for Archimandrite   Author's homepage   Email Archimandrite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ogre:
A nice photo: and very interesting. Has His Holiness Pope Bendict XVI's brother Fr Georg Ratzinger been bumped up to Protonotary Apostolic within the past week; or has he been a Monsignor for some time? I gather he was an eminent musican and priest, being Director of Music at Regensberg Cathedral for thirty years (1964-94). [Votive]

Indeed he is!

Wikipedia saith:
"In 1967 he was named Monsignor and in 1976 papal honorary Prelate... In 1994, Georg Ratzinger was named a papal protonotary."

[ 25. April 2005, 11:53: Message edited by: Archimandrite ]

Posts: 1580 | From: Oxford | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
FCB

Hillbilly Thomist
# 1495

- Posted      Profile for FCB   Author's homepage   Email FCB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pre-cambrian:
My understanding is that St John Lateran is still the cathedral of Rome. Does anyone know if popes still get enthroned there, and if there are any plans for Benedict XVI?

According to the Zenit news service:

quote:
The Pope will take possession of his Chair ("incatedratio"), the Basilica of St. John Lateran, cathedral of the Diocese of Rome, on May 7.
FCB

--------------------
Agent of the Inquisition since 1982.

Posts: 2928 | From: that city in "The Wire" | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
shareman
Shipmate
# 2871

- Posted      Profile for shareman   Email shareman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So was it just the coverage that the Vatican beamed to North America, or did every English language news source have the Papal inauguration with a very annoying and verbose voiceover? A North American sounding personage gave a blow by blow discription of everything that was happening, translations of all the Latin, and identified whoever the camera cast its gaze upon. The music was thus inaudible, as was the Latin, and I stopped watching after the Collect, it was that bad!

At one point, he informed us we were hearing the choir sing the Litany of the Saints. Well, we weren't, we were listening to him talk about which bishop was which and translating the response, and missed the whole thing nearly, not helped my my ineffectual cries of "Shut the %$#%$#%$# up." [Mad]

--------------------
Israel also came into Egypt, and Jacob was a stranger in the land of Ham.

Posts: 516 | From: on a rock AND a hard place | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Shadowhund
Shipmate
# 9175

- Posted      Profile for Shadowhund   Author's homepage   Email Shadowhund   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The voice-overs of Raymond Arroyo and Father Neuhaus during EWTN's coverage of JPII's funeral were overpowering and obnoxious. At least Christine Amanpour and Anderson Cooper on CNN allowed me to hear what was going on at the funeral, while the former two were more interested in talking everyone to death.

--------------------
"Had the Dean's daughter worn a bra that afternoon, Norman Shotover might never have found out about the Church of England; still less about how to fly"

A.N. Wilson

Posts: 3788 | From: Your Disquieted Conscience | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
shareman
Shipmate
# 2871

- Posted      Profile for shareman   Email shareman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This seemed to be different, though. CBC had two commentators for the funeral, but the actual footage of the funeral itself had a different voice, the same as for the inauguration. I assumed this was a voiceover done "at source" rather than inserted by CBC, especially since coverage on another channel had the same voice. The exerpts I saw on BBC world service didn't have the voiceover, so I'm not sure how this situation developed. I am trying to figure this out, so that I can chastise the right source via a "Disgusted, Tunbridge Wells" type email. "Whom do I sue?"

--------------------
Israel also came into Egypt, and Jacob was a stranger in the land of Ham.

Posts: 516 | From: on a rock AND a hard place | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shareman:
So was it just the coverage that the Vatican beamed to North America, or did every English language news source have the Papal inauguration with a very annoying and verbose voiceover?

The BBC did it rather well, I thought. Most of the service was broadcast without interruption. Now and again one of the people in the studio would comment - in addition to the reporter assigned to it, they had one theologian, a nun and an archbishop (Vincent Nicholls, Birmingham). They didn't comment often, but Vincent Nicholls did help the reporter out now and again and I found his remarks thoughtful and interesting. Obviously he was a lot more familiar with what was going on than the reporter.
rosamundi

Ship's lacemaker
# 2495

- Posted      Profile for rosamundi   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy da Wonder Sheep:
I am a bad, naughty double poster, and here's a much better picture of the fancy hat.

*Ship's lacemaker starts drooling and has to go off for a nice lie down.*

Deborah

--------------------
Website.
Ship of Fools flickr group

Posts: 2382 | From: here or there | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Did La Reina Sofia in that all-white get-up with veil remind anyone else of an overgrown First Communion girl?
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead*

Ship’s Photographer
# 1143

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
Did La Reina Sofia in that all-white get-up with veil remind anyone else of an overgrown First Communion girl?

And has she kept it in the back of a cupboard since 1998 when she met JPII - royalty are careful about stuff like that?

--------------------
Benedikt Gott Geschickt!

Pendragon

Ship's swordbearer
# 8759

- Posted      Profile for Pendragon   Email Pendragon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
quote:
Originally posted by shareman:
So was it just the coverage that the Vatican beamed to North America, or did every English language news source have the Papal inauguration with a very annoying and verbose voiceover?

The BBC did it rather well, I thought. Most of the service was broadcast without interruption. Now and again one of the people in the studio would comment - in addition to the reporter assigned to it, they had one theologian, a nun and an archbishop (Vincent Nicholls, Birmingham). They didn't comment often, but Vincent Nicholls did help the reporter out now and again and I found his remarks thoughtful and interesting. Obviously he was a lot more familiar with what was going on than the reporter.
that sounded like Huw Edwards (newsreader/official occasion commentator to me.
[Edited because I clipped 'post' too soon]

[ 25. April 2005, 21:56: Message edited by: Pendragon ]

--------------------
Not a particuarly GLE

Everything will be OK in the end; if it's not OK it's not the end.
(seen on a fridgemagnet)

Posts: 392 | From: Coventry | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dumbledore wannabe
Shipmate
# 9310

- Posted      Profile for Dumbledore wannabe   Email Dumbledore wannabe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
CNN was pretty good at the funeral for just letting us listen to the original and translations, but for the Sunday "coronation" they were appauling. I wish they had kept Anderson Cooper - instead they got Christien Lampur (or whatever her name is). She was horrible - she would not be quiet AND she didn't know a thing about what she was talking about other than to try and grind her own personal axes. Had I known, I would have taped it from ANY other station. Now, I feel better for having said that. I shall do what I wish she had done and be quiet.
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone know how long B16's homily was, to the nearest minute? I need the info for a Mystery Worshipper report.

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My TiVo recording clocks it at 35 minutes.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pendragon:
that sounded like Huw Edwards (newsreader/official occasion commentator to me.

Yes, it was. He pretty much faded into the background after a short while and let Vincent Nicholls do most of the talking, if any, which was sensible as he was much more familiar with the procedures.
Trisagion
Shipmate
# 5235

- Posted      Profile for Trisagion   Email Trisagion   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
they had one theologian

The theologian was an historian, Professor Eamon Duffy.

--------------------
ceterum autem censeo tabula delenda esse

Thurible
Shipmate
# 3206

- Posted      Profile for Thurible   Email Thurible   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But an ecclesiastical historian, so a wannabe-theologian!

Thurible

--------------------
"I've been baptised not lobotomised."

anglicanrascal
Shipmate
# 3412

- Posted      Profile for anglicanrascal   Email anglicanrascal   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy da Wonder Sheep:
One last hat picture, I promise.

That's not a hat picture, it's a watch picture. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3186 | From: Diocese of Litigalia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead*

Ship’s Photographer
# 1143

quote:
Originally posted by anglicanrascal:
That's not a hat picture, it's a watch picture. [Roll Eyes]

Possibly a very necessary watch. The Times reported today that Benedict XVI has told his first joke as Pope. Arriving 20 minutes late for a meeting with German pilgrims he explained that he had become “a bit of an Italian” in his 23 years in Rome. He then added (to loud cheers) that he is still a Bavarian at heart.

Not exactly side-splitting, but a first entry in the “Benny the Sixteenth’s big book of jokes”.

--------------------
Benedikt Gott Geschickt!

Thurible
Shipmate
# 3206

- Posted      Profile for Thurible   Email Thurible   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My favourite papal joke with regard to time is when (and apparently this is true), +Geoffrey Fisher (was it +Geoffrey Fisher) was meant to be meeting the Pope, who apologised when he arrived late, and +Fisher's response was "Don't worry - no-one's infallible!"

Thurible

--------------------
"I've been baptised not lobotomised."

ORGANMEISTER
Shipmate
# 6621

- Posted      Profile for ORGANMEISTER         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can anyone help with some musical questions? As Ben rode around the piazza in the popemobile the organist played the Bach Toccata and Fugue in D minor.......and an excellent performance it was, especially nice job on the fugue. Where was the organ? Did they have a pipe organ or was it some electronic contraption?

....and at the end of the fugue, the organist launched into another piece. Does anyone know what it was?

Posts: 3162 | From: Somerset, PA - USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
My TiVo recording clocks it at 35 minutes.

It was a very long homily, wasn't it? I was just enjoying watching all those wilting dignitaries out in the midday Roman sun. (It was warm here too on Sunday and I was enjoying an iced tea at the time.) But I've since read the homily, downloaded from the Vatican website, and it reads a lot better than it sounded. Beautifully crafted, with nicely balanced emphases. A hint of playing to the gallery but I think we could make an allowance for that given the occasion. I hope this is something we can look forward to from B16 - elegant homilies in the classical manner.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Newman's Own
Shipmate
# 420

- Posted      Profile for Newman's Own     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yesterday, I read a report on Yahoo news related to Benedict's address (not at the inauguration, but to German compatriots.) I was impressed by his frankness - he described knowing he'd be elected as similar to going to the guillotine!

I'm not always the most alert of people, royal watcher though I am, and Jennifer's post reminded me of a question (bear with me, since it's trivia probably only I would wish to know.) At the inauguration, I think I spotted a few royal virgins in communion white. Who was who?

Eamon Duffy (a great favourite of mine) was excellent in his comments on all the recent papal ceremonies. He never says anything which could offend the most devout Catholic, yet has a refreshing openness and honesty.

--------------------
Cheers,
Elizabeth
“History as Revelation is seldom very revealing, and histories of holiness are full of holes.” - Dermot Quinn

Posts: 6740 | From: Library or pub | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
ORGANMEISTER
Shipmate
# 6621

- Posted      Profile for ORGANMEISTER         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can anyone help with some musical questions? As Ben rode around the piazza in the popemobile the organist played the Bach Toccata and Fugue in D minor.......and an excellent performance it was, especially nice job on the fugue. Where was the organ? Did they have a pipe organ or was it some electronic contraption?

....and at the end of the fugue, the organist launched into another piece. Does anyone know what it was?

Posts: 3162 | From: Somerset, PA - USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Trisagion
Shipmate
# 5235

- Posted      Profile for Trisagion   Email Trisagion   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Newman's Own:
Who was who?

The Queen of Spain and the Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, I think.

--------------------
ceterum autem censeo tabula delenda esse

Pendragon

Ship's swordbearer
# 8759

- Posted      Profile for Pendragon   Email Pendragon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Queen of Spain was the one in the very tall Mantilla-according to the answer to the comment I made about said item of apparel.

--------------------
Not a particuarly GLE

Everything will be OK in the end; if it's not OK it's not the end.
(seen on a fridgemagnet)

Posts: 392 | From: Coventry | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sacristan
Shipmate
# 3548

- Posted      Profile for Sacristan   Email Sacristan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

HRH is entitled to the privilege du blanc as are other Roman Catholic queens and the Grand Duchess of Luxenbourg.

--------------------
More abomination, more abomination

Posts: 1008 | From: West of Gotham | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sacristan
Shipmate
# 3548

- Posted      Profile for Sacristan   Email Sacristan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pre-cambrian:

St. John Lateran is the Cathedral for the Diocese of Rome. Yes, he is going to be enthroned there.

I seem to recall that St. Peter's is actually the patriarchal church for the Patriarch of Constantinople when in Rome. Could anyone else confirm/deny this bit of useless trivia?

--------------------

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sacristan:
quote:

HRH is entitled to the privilege du blanc as are other Roman Catholic queens and the Grand Duchess of Luxenbourg.
It looks like a wedding dress to me. Why do RC queens get to wear white?
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sacristan
Shipmate
# 3548

Just 'cause.

--------------------

Sacristan
Shipmate
# 3548

Well, a bit or research (very little, you all must understand) has provided this about the privilege du blanc . Please scroll down to about the 10th paragraph.

--------------------

Sarum-mental
Apprentice
# 9300

- Posted      Profile for Sarum-mental     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The fact that there were only two Roman Catholic highnesses at the inauguration was perhaps the most striking example of how the world has changed since the Reformation. At first it was a bit shocking to see the two figures in white with mantillas and then it dawned on me who the "last of their kind" were....

Of course, if Benedict chooses a coronation later perhaps one of the Bonapart heirs would be available to do the honours.

Oh, and the commentary about the pallium's model given by ABC/Vatican feed gave Tours as the French city where the original is kept by the chapter. That of course would be a tie to St. Martin's see.

Pre-cambrian
Shipmate
# 2055

- Posted      Profile for Pre-cambrian   Email Pre-cambrian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Queen of the Belgians is also a catholic monarch and so would be accorded the privilege. I assume she wasn't there.

Monaco and Liechtenstein are also catholic monarchies but letting in Grand Duchesses is one thing, including mere Princesses is probably one step too far down the hierarchy.

--------------------
"We cannot leave the appointment of Bishops to the Holy Ghost, because no one is confident that the Holy Ghost would understand what makes a good Church of England bishop."

Posts: 2314 | From: Croydon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is it now time to rename this thread "MW 1008: Papal Coronation"?

I loved reading the report, by the way, except the bit about Benedict looking old and tired. I was struck how sprightly and happy he looked, for a man of his age faced with the vocation he has now to fulfil.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As mentioned, MW Report 1008: St Peter's Square, Vatican City is now available.

[ 29. April 2005, 19:22: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

--------------------
Siegfried
Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:
Originally posted by Adeodatus:
I loved reading the report, by the way, except the bit about Benedict looking old and tired. I was struck how sprightly and happy he looked, for a man of his age faced with the vocation he has now to fulfil.

Yes. He looked rather nervous and a bit shy at the beginning, I thought. I found myself unexpectedly warming to him at that point, it seemed a very human reaction. He seemed to relax more as the ceremony progressed until by the time he was doing the Popemobile bit he looked as if he was really enjoying it. That is the bit that for me stands out most vividly: he looked so much happier and to my mind somewhat younger than he'd done at the start of the ceremony. (Though part of that could well have been relief that the major and most public part was coming to an end.)
jprainbow
Apprentice
# 8813

- Posted      Profile for jprainbow   Email jprainbow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks, Mystery Worshipper, Mother and Baby Clanger for the report on the new Pope's first service. I really enjoyed reading it. There was a wonderful mixture of reverent worship and homeliness, which is just how I imagine Jesus was - and all of us, really, who try to follow Him. Thanks again!

--------------------
UP THE VALE!

Posts: 27 | From: Stoke-on-Trent | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sacristan
Shipmate
# 3548

Well folks,

Those of you who were waiting for a coronation either now or in the future can forget about it. If BXVI's coat of arms is an indication at all, a triple tiara won't be in use any time soon. Even JP2 had retained it as part of the design above his shield but HH's new arms only display a mitre above and a palium (old style!) below.

--------------------

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Speaking of the Papal coat of arms, I saw a picture of BXVI in the paper this morning; the banner below his window still displays JPII's arms.

I'd have thought the Vatican would have produced a new one by now. Perhaps the new arms haven't been devised yet?

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sacristan
Shipmate
# 3548

Dear basso,

I refer you to my comments made above.

For more details go here .

--------------------

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for the additional information, Sacristan.

Was he using JPII's arms because the Vatican hasn't had a chance to run up a new banner with his own?

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

That would seem the only logical reason.
Archbishop Paddy O'Laud
Apprentice
# 9294

- Posted      Profile for Archbishop Paddy O'Laud   Author's homepage   Email Archbishop Paddy O'Laud   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wossisname remarked that the fishermans ring was a replacement for the Tiara. Not so, it originally was engraved with the papal seal and was used to make impressions on sealing wax for important papal documents. Pallii plural of pallium are made from the wool of lambs harvested on St. Agnes day and are given as a sign of Archiepiscopal authority. Some have relics in the pinheads holding it in position on the chasuble. And yes, the Vatican didn't have a new banner for Papa Ratzi as they wouldn't have known what coat of arms he desired - unless the election was a fiddle - and that could never happen now, could it?

--------------------
Archbishop Paddy O'Laud
Anyone who WANTS to be a Bishop DESERVES to be a Bishop.
[Bishop Thomas Lobsinger D. April 2000]

Posts: 15 | From: In the Frozen North of Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

- Posted      Profile for Mertseger   Author's homepage   Email Mertseger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Minor editorial point on MW1008: The "Did anything distract you?" section is not set off in red and is currently shown as part of the "What musical instruments were played?" section.

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,
The Manifest Song of Faerie.

Posts: 1765 | From: Oakland, CA, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks--I've let the MW Report editors know.

--------------------
Siegfried
Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fiddleback
Shipmate
# 2809

- Posted      Profile for Fiddleback     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Archbishop Paddy O'Laud:
Pallii plural of pallium

'Pallia' in Latin, I think you'll find.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016