homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Knockout Quiz 2006 (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  31  32  33 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Knockout Quiz 2006
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How fast does a hockey puck go? (upwards of) 100 miles per hour.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by davelarge:
But didn't we have the speed of the Enterprise as one entry? That doesn't have to be on Earth!

And of course, we all remember what Mr Einstein said in relation to doublethink's entry 8o)

That would be true for the Earth and Solar system speeds, but there's the galaxy speeds to consider, too, and Enterprise certainly would be part of that, wouldn't she? [Razz]

Mr. Einstein makes my head hurt.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Richard Hammond was apparently doing about 300mph when he junked it onto the grass. And he'll doing about 0mph for the immediate future [Votive] .

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
LMC

Shipmate
# 86

- Posted      Profile for LMC   Email LMC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I shall plump for a boat aswell, the Pride of Bilbao, whose speed is 22 knots (which is approximatly 25.317 147 857 mile/hour according to this wonderful website. As an aside can anyone tell me what exactly is a megameter?)

--------------------
hello

Posts: 505 | From: Off the M9 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Normally, 'mega' means 10^6, so if this is right a megametre will be 10^6 metres, which is 1000 kilometers.

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally highlighted by Papa Smurf
Doublethink, your link doesn't actually refer to a speed with a specific value.

quote:
Originally posted by Quizmaster:
You must post a URL link to an animal, car, boat, ship, aircraft or anything else that has a reference to speed. We will take the maximum speed where there is a range.

c and indeed c² are speeds, the maxima of which are governed by the laws of physics.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think he has seen the Light Doublethink.

I know you have. [Biased]

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well you know, these things are all relative ...

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And time for some Light relief before the next round?

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

- Posted      Profile for chicklegirl   Author's homepage   Email chicklegirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chorister, I'm not sure about Speedy Gonzales, but apparently the Tasmanian Devil is able to do 8.1 mph. Apparently that is at a flat out run, rather than the oft-depicted cyclone-esque movement.

[QM, please note that this is not an official entry.]

[ 27. September 2006, 21:40: Message edited by: chicklegirl ]

--------------------
If you want to be happy, be.
~ Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 916 | From: Sixth Circle of Hell | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gwai:
quote:
Originally posted by rugasaw:
But what of an African Swallow carrying a coconut?

This is not my pick. Notice no url.

I'll be impressed if you can find a url TO include.
Look at the last section although it is not very specific.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
P O S H

4 1 0 0 Lady A :- For being honest enough to admit it
4 0 1 0 Davelarge :- For solving Auntie Doris but not claiming the kill
4 0 1 0 Golden Key :- For posting a code that I still have not cracked
4 1 -1 1 The Rogue :- The beauty of being QM is that I can cheat
4 1 1 0 Cometchaser :- For gratifying the other contestants with waranted praise
4 0 1 0 Quizmaster :- For setting a code that is uncracked (I can see the crack)
4 2 1 1 Cometchaser :- I loved spending team reading all that poetry
4 0 0 0 Auntie Doris :- Now we know you didn't really mean it
4 0 1 1 Icklejen :- How could you possibly believe that anyone would ever cheat?
4 1 -1 -1 Quizmaster :- For making a post simply to score a point. Disgusting!
4 -1 0 0 Icklejen :- For being second in line
4 1 1 0 Cometchaser :- Gwai's was difficult at first site, but repeating groups is the key
4 0 0 1 Cometchaser :- For helping those who have not yet found the other place
4 1 1 -1 The Rogue :- For playing innocent
4 0 0 1 Gwai :- For making an Excellent Knockout Quiz Contestant
4 0 0 -2 Chorister :- For posting two sales links that helped nobody
4 0 0 0 Doublethink :- Yes you can, and no you may not.
4 0 1 0 Icklejen :- You star for cracking the square.
4 1 1 1 Golden Key :- You have only made me far more determined
4 -1 1 0 Cometchaser :- Ee by gum, what are you on?
4 2 1 1 Chicklegirl :- An excellent poem in keeping with the mood
4 1 0 0 Chicklegirl :- You pulled it off, but I didn't by changing the tense
4 0 -1 1 Chicklegirl :- It was a bit obvious but at least the others know now
4 1 1 0 Barnabas62 :- Sorry about that - It always WAS a feature of the quiz
4 1 -1 0 Rugmaker :- For inventing a new word
4 1 1 1 Birdseye :- Love the code as well as the signature
4 1 1 1 Rugmaker :- Another different kind of code, and that is a good thing
4 1 1 1 Tom Day :- For stating what many of us are struggling with - LIFE!
4 1 1 1 Gwai :- Now I think I am missing something (and I like that feeling)
4 1 -1 -1 Rugmaker :- For a funny five minutes
4 1 0 1 Chicklegirl :- Thanks are a good thing
4 1 0 1 Cometchaser :- Congratulations are a good thing
4 0 0 0 Doublethink :- You will get your reward elsewhere
4 -1 0 0 Cometchaser :- Ditto
4 1 1 0 Papa Smurf :- Like the delivery, a new and promising type of code
4 1 0 0 Doublethink :- For an appropriate reprimand, and I hope The Rogue takes note
4 1 -1 -1 Papa Smurf :- Check out the kitchen
4 -1 -1 -1 Doublethink :- Why not leave the door wide open?
4 1 0 1 The Rogue :- Apologies are a good thing
4 0 0 1 Cometchaser :- It is truly amazing what the Knockout Quiz can reveal
4 1 1 1 Chicklegirl :- Good spot Chickle, I may have to remove a Rogue point
4 0 0 1 Jedijudy :- For turning up in time for the start
4 1 1 1 Chelley :- Confusion is all part and parcel of the quiz
4 1 2 1 Chicklegirl :- A top quality clue delivered in a Knockout Quiz manner

--------------------
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:

Except for the c part of your answer. By the way c˛ is not a speed. But 299,792,458˛ m/s would be.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But Doublethink's link mentions the speed of light, which is a speed. And c is a speed. The same speed, in fact.

[ 27. September 2006, 22:50: Message edited by: Autenrieth Road ]

--------------------
Truth

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:

Except for the c part of your answer. By the way c˛ is not a speed. But 299,792,458˛ m/s would be.
If c represents the speed of light, and c squared is the value of the speed of light multiplied by itself - then how is c² not a speed ? It may not be one we can reach, but surely it is descriptive of a speed.

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Speed-squared is not a speed in the same way an area, which is a length squared, is not a length.

However perhaps a dispensation about c c is in order for Think Think [Biased] [Biased] .

--------------------
Truth

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

I see but link mentions c, so I should be all right there as that is a reference to speed - even if a speed itself does not appear in the final equation.

--------------------

chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

- Posted      Profile for chicklegirl   Author's homepage   Email chicklegirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
More light relief:

My favorite fast cartoon character, the Roadrunner, clips along at a brisk 18.6 mph, allowing him to outrun both Wile E. Coyote and the Tasmanian Devil.

--------------------
~ Henry David Thoreau

Sinistćrial
Ship's Lefty
# 5834

- Posted      Profile for Sinistćrial   Author's homepage   Email Sinistćrial   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Papa Smurf:
your link doesn't specify a speed, unlike the request in the round description :
quote:
You must post a URL link ...that has a reference to speed.

I think that the word "slowest" is a reference to speed.

--------------------
People laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at other people because they are all the same.
æ = ć

Posts: 894 | From: The Holy City - Adelaide | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pure as the Driven Yellow Snow:
No deliberate plagiarism but stylistically very similar. I would be curious as to whether this does mimic a Pratchett quote?
The closest I can get to is 'I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.' Pratchett

Oh, sorry!!! I meant no accusation of plagiarism at all! [Hot and Hormonal] IMHO, the general idea is somewhat Pratchett-esque--but I was thinking especially of the bit about the pub and the chef. There's a very interesting chef in "Mort"!

My "know it well, do you" comment was just teasing that if you know that much about thinking outside the box, you must do it, too.

[Smile] [Angel]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sinistćrial
Ship's Lefty
# 5834

- Posted      Profile for Sinistćrial   Author's homepage   Email Sinistćrial   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sinisterial's code is as follows:
code:
SFH CNB QIQ NRO GDQ YRC KVC GCR UKV AAQ KPH LT!

--------------------
People laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at other people because they are all the same.
æ = ć

Posts: 894 | From: The Holy City - Adelaide | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lady A

Narnian Lady
# 3126

- Posted      Profile for Lady A   Author's homepage   Email Lady A   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just clocked Kelly Alves in at under five minutes for a host to post their address to receive chocolate, I'm not sure that's a record, but should be close!
Posts: 2545 | From: The Lion's Mane, Narnia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Quizmaster--

O Mighty Master of the Quiz! [Overused]

May I humbly request that when you next post a question, you also post how long we have to answer it?

Obsequiously,

Your servant, etc.,

Golden Key

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady A:
I just clocked Kelly Alves in at under five minutes for a host to post their address to receive chocolate, I'm not sure that's a record, but should be close!

[Killing me] How the hell did I get in on this game?

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
Quizmaster--

O Mighty Master of the Quiz! [Overused]

May I humbly request that when you next post a question, you also post how long we have to answer it?

Obsequiously,

Your servant, etc.,

Golden Key

Er.

Most pompously,

No you may not!

[Razz]

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

P O S H

5 1 -1 1 Autenrieth Road :- It is a running round, but I will penalise those who take too long
5 1 1 1 Papa Smurf :- Please take note of the host. It is good advice
5 1 -1 1 Davelarge :- Please note there is an error in the Sharkshooter code
5 1 1 1 Rugmaker :- I knew, but thank you for clarifying
5 -1 1 0 ACOL-ite :- Interesting use of language there. I have no idea why.
5 1 1 1 Sharkshooter :- An appropriately coded response.
5 1 1 1 Icklejen :- For being right, when her husband was quite clearly wrong
5 1 1 1 Sharkshooter :- Code and Key in one post for those still struggling. I laughed.
5 0 1 0 Chelley :- You spotted it.
5 1 0 0 Davelarge :- Not sure about that one but I know where you are trying to go
5 -1 -1 -1 ACOL-ite :- The sentences are only five and four words long don't you know.
5 1 1 1 Quizmaster :- For giving the clue to the key by using the word quay
5 0 1 1 Doublethink :- I think that was enough for at least one competitor
5 0 0 1 Chicklegirl :- Thanks for the pointer
5 1 -1 0 Marvin the Martian :- For being cracked in approximately 10 minutes flat
5 1 1 0 Rugmaker :- For false modesty
5 2 2 2 The Rogue :- For what in my opinion is the ideal code for the competition
5 1 1 1 The Rogue :- Magnanimous in attitude after being cracked
5 1 0 0 Lady A :- I suggest you hoist your mainbrace and set your sails
5 1 -1 0 Sharkshooter :- Would everyone please send our mate Sharky a PM. Thanks.
5 0 0 1 Doublethink :- That clue proved sufficient I believe
5 0 1 1 Rugasaw :- But I don’t have an enigma machine. Oh no, we broke that!
5 1 -1 0 Cometchaser :- When I get the time we will crack them all on the other site
5 -1 0 0 Yellow Snow :- Conundrum? It's a code mate! Ee by gum!
5 1 1 1 Rugmaker :- An excellent way to give a pointer
5 0 0 1 Birdseye :- Oh it was you! I tried that key on another code for ages! [Frown]
5 1 1 1 Golden Key :- That should be sufficient when I find the time to follow it up
5 1 1 1 Rugmaker :- I like that response
5 1 1 0 Gwai :- I must use that when I get the time to crack
5 1 0 0 Autenrieth Road :- Welcome to the Knockout Quiz
5 1 0 0 ACOL-ite :- Check out the newly started Brinkmanship competition

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Doublethink - I know c refers to the speed of light; all I meant was that there were no figures/ values for c listed on your link to help others who might be trying to work out the average.

may I also add that I have been impressed at the way people have defended themselves against my pedantry... [Overused]

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

quote:
Rugasaw :- But I don’t have an enigma machine. Oh no, we broke that

May I suggest contacting Mick Jagger? IIRC, he bought one because his dad had worked at Bletchley Park.

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rogue:
quote:
Originally posted by Gwai:
quote:
But what of an African Swallow carrying a coconut?

This is not my pick. Notice no url.

I'll be impressed if you can find a url TO include.
Look at the last section although it is not very specific.
I'm almost more impressed that someone spent the time on that but indeed that IS on topic.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
4 0 0 1 Gwai :- For making an Excellent Knockout Quiz Contestant
I think Excellent Knockout Quiz Contestants should be smart and original to and since I am one (QM said so and his word is law here) then I must be smart and original to so I must have earned points in those two categories that I didn't recieve! [Biased]

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Begging for points is neither smart nor original. Many have tried, all have failed.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

If my proof bored you then, my pardon. I amused myself at least.

[ 28. September 2006, 16:26: Message edited by: Gwai ]

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

Gwai,

You are certainly original but certainly not smart in your spelling of the word TOO .

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

Indeed this does seem true! Alas!

[Razz]

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

Apologies for more double posting but I really do need to post a entry for this bout of the quiz.

I wish to mention the (common) dragon. When it is resident in North Carolina it is restricted to 30mph, however in Tennessee it may legally reach 40. As far as practical speed, I suspect any true dragon would regularly break these rules but that is not noted here. (Middle of the page)

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

P O S H

6 -1 -1 0 Icklejen :- The world is full of wonder
6 0 1 1 The Rogue :- A good explanation
6 0 -1 0 Autenrieth Road :- Thinking a bit too hard
6 2 1 0 Yellow Snow :- For picking on inanimate objects, well vegimate objects.
6 1 0 1 Cometchaser :- I can see why we prefer to call it Bangkok
6 1 0 0 Yellow Snow :- Several original pieces to suck on
6 1 0 0 Lady A :- For picking my wife's favourite tipple. Address to follow.
6 0 1 0 Sinisterial :- That place is overcrowded for the outback
6 1 1 1 Autenrieth Road :- For giving me the excuse to go away for the weekend
6 1 -1 0 Lady A :- For downing a whole bottle before posting
6 0 1 -1 Gwai :- For posting to a specifically American link
6 1 0 0 Cometchaser :- And they all need feeding
6 1 0 0 Chelley :- Nice Link
6 1 1 1 Birdseye :- I like your signature. Is the end of it correct?
6 1 0 0 Golden Key :- Good link following on from what Cometchaser said
6 0 0 0 Papa Smurf :- That happened last time but I am notoriously fickle
6 1 0 0 LMC :- Great place for a honeymoon. I love the food there.
6 1 0 0 Barnabas62 :- For being ever so middle of the road
6 1 0 0 Marvin the Martian :- LOVE the picture of the UK with Wales missing
6 1 1 0 Jedijudy :- For posting Birmingham a second time and legitimately
6 1 0 0 Cometchaser :- I like laughing, post your link to Anchorage
6 0 0 2 Papa Smurf :- Because Icklejen wanted you to get some points
6 1 0 0 Jedijudy :- Jedijudy beat you to it Cometchaser
6 1 0 -1 Sharkshooter :- For trying to make two and two into something other than 7
6 1 1 2 Chicklegirl :- A top quality knockout quiz post (apart from the last link)
6 1 0 0 Cometchaser :- For having a congressman who is a dwarf
6 1 1 0 Professor Kirke :- For inhabiting the same fantasy world that I left behind
6 0 0 1 LMC :- For loving her husband with a passion
6 1 0 0 Davelarge :- I think you are not quite in tune with the truth here
6 1 0 0 Icklejen :- See!
6 0 0 0 Papa Smurf :- Cleverly worded attacks can be great to watch however
6 1 -1 0 Freejack :- Everything there apart from the code and the link - Er?
6 0 0 1 ACOL-ite :- For helping Freejack out with the link
6 1 0 0 Lady A :- I always hold my LEFT hand in the Egyptian position
6 0 0 1 Doublethink :- Good Tip
6 1 0 0 Rugasaw :- I have found some interesting numbers during my travels
6 1 0 0 Gwai :- Go for it Gwai.
6 0 2 0 Chicklegirl :- For cracking the Doublethink code
6 1 1 1 Doublethink :- For being magnanimous in defeat
6 1 0 1 Rugasaw :- THINKS - So what does Nutmeg have specialist knowledge of
6 0 1 0 Nutmeg :- For working on it

--------------------

Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
progress report time....

the speed at which my head is exploding, seems to be increasing. C what??

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by icklejen:
progress report time....

the speed at which my head is exploding, seems to be increasing. C what??

Just nod and smile icklejen. I always find it works for me.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
yes, Doris, I agree (where's the nodding smiley??).

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by icklejen:
yes, Doris, I agree (where's the nodding smiley??).

[Snore]

Oh, sorry, I thought you said "nodding off".

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

quote:
Originally posted by Autenrieth Road:
However perhaps a dispensation about c c is in order for Think Think.

Or at least a new alias: Think˛

--------------------
~ Henry David Thoreau

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

Could start calling that woman Dt if you wish to avoid using normal ship nick and still say something with auxilliary originality--aka not ThinkThink.

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

I must put my own entry in before it is too late:

Greg Hancock's Speedway Bike

enters the corners at around 70 m.p.h.

--------------------

Tom Day
Ship's revolutionary
# 3630

- Posted      Profile for Tom Day   Author's homepage   Email Tom Day   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A Giraffe goes at 32mph

--------------------
My allotment blog

Posts: 6473 | From: My Sofa | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

So at the end of round two we have to lose:

Barnabas62
FreeJack
Linguo

But we welcome ALSO RAN entries if you want to continue playing for fun. There are no bars.

Still in with a chance of winning:

ACOL-ite
Ann
Auntie Doris
Autenrieth Road
Birdseye
Chelley
Chicklegirl
Chorister
Cometchaser
Davelarge
Doublethink
Golden Key
Gwai
Icklejen
Jedijudy
Lady A
LMC
Marvin the Martian
Nutmeg
Professor Kirke
Pure as the Driven Yellow Snow
Quizmaster
Rugasaw
Rugmaker
Sharkshooter
Sinisterial
The Rogue
Tom Day

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

Round Three: English Football

I will help you with a link here.

English Football Teams

You must pick one team from each of the lists and the person whose teams score the lowest total of goals will be eliminated. Goals against are not important. So losing 7-6 is much better than winning 1-0.

You cannot choose the same combination but you may choose the same team from any division as a fellow competitor.

So please list in order ...

1.Premiership team
2.Championship team
3.League 1 team
4.League 2 team
5.Conference team

Your choice must be posted before any of your teams kick off.

[ 28. September 2006, 21:19: Message edited by: Quizmaster ]

--------------------

Tom Day
Ship's revolutionary
# 3630

- Posted      Profile for Tom Day   Author's homepage   Email Tom Day   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
QM - when are the matches being played. This weekend (Friday-Monday?) or just a certain day?

Tom

--------------------
My allotment blog

The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This might aid you.

Continuing without an important aid to writing:

Aston Villa
Hull City
Bristol City
Bury
Altrincham

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

By the way. One of my teams, Hull City, is very unusual. Does anybody know why?

--------------------

Tom Day
Ship's revolutionary
# 3630

But my list anyway

Aston Villa
Wolves
Brentford
Notts County
Oxford Utd

--------------------
My allotment blog

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  31  32  33 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016